Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Let us RECLAIM THE HOLY LAND

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Darth Roxor, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    No borders for Sinai!

^ Top  
  2. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    Glad to see you got access to explosives that do actual damage, as Allah intended.

Let's go to Sinai. Maybe we can add a few more commandments to the old list.

^ Top  
  3. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Let's send turks to Armenia.

^ Top  
  4. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    SURAH 11 - TEUTONIC PLATES

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Let's see what we can find in this here Sinai. It was a p. bloody fight during the Crusader campaign, so odds are it's going to be the same here.

[​IMG]

Our troops start in a familiar ravine.

[​IMG]

The enemy are gathered around a guard post, and they are kind of uncool. 2x crusader archers, 1x spearmen, 1x foot knights is all fun and games, but the three regiments of Styrian Infantry are going to be very bad for business.

[​IMG]

I let the mameluk lancers scout ahead because the mission map showed trebuchets on the hills.

[​IMG]

There are none here in practice tho, so I do a Complex Flanking Manoeuvre (tm) instead and park the riders in nearby bushes.

[​IMG]

Arrows, ho

[​IMG]

I tell the heavy cavalry to dance around with targets painted on their backs while we shoop the archers.

[​IMG]

:hero:

[​IMG]

Rambo spearmen try to bumrush us. I first softened them up with arrows, then with javelins, and now there are grenades flying towards them.

[​IMG]

Boom! A single hail of 'nades blows up over 10 of them :hero:

[​IMG]

The styrians gather up and start advancing.

[​IMG]

I soften them up as much as possible before retreating the archers... but they still get two javelin salvos in :rage: :rage: :rage:

[​IMG]

I fucking hate those fucking javelins so bad

[​IMG]

The grenades also explode the foot knights real good lol

[​IMG]

Soon there's just stragglers left.

[​IMG]

Hello there, do you have a moment to talk about the prophet Muhammad (PBUH)?

[​IMG]

Phase 2 beginneth.

[​IMG]

Aww yiss. Check out all the glowing tiles - these are spots in which we can set up fire ballistas.

[​IMG]

I put down 5 of them, then drop 4 patches of caltrops. This is going to be a slaughter.

One bad thing though is that two of the ballistas are so far in the back they are not very likely to take part in too much action.

[​IMG]

Then battle starts... and it turns out we got cucked :rage:

We can take all the ballistas and stick them up our asses when the enemy has multiple longshields at his disposal. Apart from that also some vassals and bowmen and a bunch of foot knights/crusaders.

[​IMG]

Oh well.

[​IMG]

Bombardment is still good enough to break through their morale at least.

[​IMG]

Especially when they have vassals in their midst.

[​IMG]

Teehee.

[​IMG]

The longshields eventually get too close for comfort, so I pull back the archers and prep the troops.

[​IMG]

Turns out, being shot at all the time on the advance is a p. stressful thing to experience :troll:

[​IMG]

They still put up some resistance though, especially when joined by their friends, but nothing we can't handle.

The weird thing is that the briefing map said there'd be two crusader armies coming against us though, with another one arriving from the southwest. Maybe it was just FAKE NEWS

[​IMG]

We can finally get rid of the damned bowmen.

[​IMG]

All too easy.

[​IMG]

Well, shit, here's the second army after all. 3x light cav, 1x crusader knights, 1x knights templar. And we're already a bit battered, so this may suck.

[​IMG]

I take all cavalry + lancers to the flank in anticipation of the crusader assault.

[​IMG]

Alhamdulillah, they are kind enough to bunch up and get clobbered by artillery.

[​IMG]

BRACE FOR IMPACT

[​IMG]

The lancers took the biggest hit to the face (the templars). Good that we have a spare regiment of them in the reserves, still I reinforce them with Asad.

[​IMG]

The mameluks are getting clobbered by knights, so I retreat them and order Turan in their place.

[​IMG]

Glorious battle!

[​IMG]

P. big losses all in all, mostly turks and lancers.

Fucking javelins, I swear :argh:

[​IMG]

And, of course, no free stuff. I fear we may have depleted all the free stuff events at this point, which is p. bad.

[​IMG]

We got this reric at Sinai. YES PLEASE :desu:

[​IMG]

However the bad news is that we didn't get a single ducat from that battle, while our losses piled up considerably.

Actually, hold on, we really didn't get a SINGLE ducat, while we SHOULD have got at least some for the consolation prize upgrade (money for dead guys). I CALL BULLSHIT ON THIS

In any case, this is going to need some budget management (aka selling all the useless potions I never use and kicking out half the tards to the reserves)

[​IMG]

And here we go. Paid like 2k to reinforce the turk bowmen, swapped out the wounded, and it seems we're ready for more trouble.

Some level ups

[​IMG]

Shield wall on nubians seems a bit silly, but all the other skills are terribad.

[​IMG]

Turan-Turan unlocks warcry, which I obviously pick.

[​IMG]

Circassians can get Dodge or Arms-Bearer. Picked the latter, you seriously gotta wonder why would a heavy cavalry regiment even need a ranged defence boost...

[​IMG]

I also realise that this bauble that Saladin used to have is now completely useless, because most of our heroes have near-maxed resistance at this point. Off to the vendor it goes, although maybe I should have sold this BEFORE selling all the potions and shit... :M

[​IMG]

Sinai unlocks a new province.

[​IMG]

Templaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars :argh:

Fun fact, Odo de St Amand is actually a historical person, and the 8th grandmaster of the order. Obviously long dead around the Third Crusade, but you know the drill.

OH YOU LITTLE TINY DICK! :argh:

Seems we've found ourselves an arch-nemesis!

oh wait one moment

NVM :M

[​IMG]

About as straightforward as a big stick. "Here be enemies. Go kill enemies." Got it.

However, al-Qahira will have to wait, for we have one last non-HQ mission left to mop up.

[​IMG]

This one.

Stay tuned for more JIHAD!!!!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    SURAH 12 - DEADLY COMMANDOS

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

For a moment I think about getting sabotage for 1k dinars, but I figure guard towers are pathetic enough that it would be a waste of cash.

[​IMG]

Haven't seen this map before from this perspective, nope!

[​IMG]

The enemy force is surprisingly small and pathetic. They have only 9 regiments, with 3x spearmen, 2x foot knights, 1x hero, 3x templars - only the templars and Raynald of Chatillon should provide any challenge. The suckers don't even have bowmen.

Except, of course, they also have two guard towers and...

[​IMG]

Yep, a fucking catapult :rage:

SHOULDA TAKEN THAT SABOTAGE, AR-ROXOROWSKI

[​IMG]

Raynald de Spacemarine certainly looks familiar.

[​IMG]

That catapult will have to be addressed with Kunning. Since it is right at the edge of the crusader encampment, we should be able to bust it with assassins and get out before taking any losses. No enemy archers will only help us at this.

[​IMG]

The fact that the idiots scramble for the guard post is also of great help, considering that at deployment the catapult was guarded by de Chatillon himself.

[​IMG]

commencing infiltration

elite arab army special forces heading straight into the viper's nest

[​IMG]

PEEKABOO

[​IMG]

The assassins are done with the catapult and guard tower in mere seconds.

[​IMG]

Since the crusaders are too dumb to react, might as well wreck the other guard tower too while at it.

[​IMG]

The elite russian-trained paratrooper special forces commando units have secured the perimeter. Now we strike.

I hide everyone worth a damn in the forests.

[​IMG]

Shoop shoop shoop

[​IMG]

We first get rid of the spearmen, since they are the most flimsy, then also bombard some foot knights.

I have to say I preferred the crusader crossbowmen over the grenade throwers. The throwers may have huge domoges, sure, but they have 3 very lousy problems

- No armour piercing makes them primarily gud against light infantry/spearmen, and for this you can just get normal archers
    - Their rate of fire is pathetically slow
    - 24 dudes (vs 36 crossbowmen/48 bowmen) also limits their potential

[​IMG]

Once the crusaders get too close, the archers pull back and the battle is joined.

Most of the action takes place in the forest to the right, so it kind of spirals into a complete clusterfuck where I have no idea what's going on.

[​IMG]

So in other words, you just gotta assume that each morale fail circle means some enemy regiment's just died or whatever :lol:

[​IMG]

The clusterfuck's a bit of a bummer because you have to remember there are templars around here, and these can actually pack a punch.

[​IMG]

In fact it turns out that Turan-Turan was rambo-engaged with a full HP templar regiment, which got him some unnecessary losses.

[​IMG]

I think Raynald broke morale (or died) here.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, he must have, considering I bumrushed the remaining enemies with the rest of our blob here.

Just in time too cuz the seljuks were getting pounded by templars.

[​IMG]

Again, gotta commend these boyz. Getting slaughtered to the last man and they are still above 50% morale.

Probably because they were far from the morale break domino.

[​IMG]

Allahu akbar!

Losses may look big, but you gotta remember like 3/4 of these are seljuks.

[​IMG]

Ooooh, I see free stuff on the horizon.

[​IMG]

Anyway, as predicted, reinforcements are a little steep.

[​IMG]

But cycling the reserves cuts them by half.

Armenia got us a regiment of Mameluks. Pretty cool guys, they have very big damage for heavy infantry, although they pay for it a bit with somewhat shitty defensive stats, especially when compared to the palace guards. Still, you know what they say - better than Seljuks!

Also, between the mameluks, nubians, turk palace guards, turk bowmen and a hundred million billion seljuks, you may arrive at the conclusion that our "Saracen" army is composed 99% of slave-warriors and foreign mercenaries. This is actually very historically accurate, and it is also one of the primary reasons behind the fall of the medieval caliphates, as well as the general end of Arab domination in the Middle East.

Polotix:

[​IMG]

My biggest regret with regard to this game, although I might have mentioned it already, is that the crusader campaign didn't let me sack those treacherous bastards in Constantinople :argh:

Still, the emprah wishes to fund our moderate jihad with humanitarian aid. We can choose between:

- NGOs and volunteers to assist in rebuilding our war-torn lands (3x Byzantine Mercenaries)
    - 10k dinars to keep local hospitals running
    - Some provisions and international engineering experts to help us dig after oil wells (2 kaptins, armoire, waffe, elixir)

You are probably wondering what the hell are "byzantine mercenaries". I was wondering myself, so I used the ancient islamic powers of taqiyya (also known as save-scumming) to check:

[​IMG]

Yep, they are just reskinned crusaders :lol: it also lets us do a direct comparison between them and the seljuk swordsmen, and it turns out the units are 1:1 carbon copies of each other.

Now, to Jihad. We've cleared the map of all scrubby missions, so now it's time to proceed into the major leagues. We have three enemy HQs to invade:

[​IMG]

Seljuk Sultanate

[​IMG]

Aka rescue some turks and kill the crusaders

[​IMG]

Damascus

[​IMG]

Aka try to win against a massive onslaught with just 6 units and some catapults

[​IMG]

Cairo

[​IMG]

Aka murder the templars and their merc friends.

You know the drill:
    - What free stuff to take?
    - JIHAD!!!!!!

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Oh, I know! Take the seljuks Byzantine Mercenaries.
    And do Damascus, for the upgrade points, naturally. :troll:

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    Take the gold, obviously.

Defending Damascus sounds fun.

^ Top  
  8. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    Get dat paper

Seljuk Sultanate

^ Top  
  9. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Take the monies.
    Go to Damascus.

^ Top  
  10. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Mercs. Obviously you need more units.

And Damascus.

^ Top  
  11. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    SURAH 13 - REMEMBER THE FALLEN

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

The Emprah quickly transfers his dinars to our swiss bank account. We can now focus on building pet shops in poor war-torn Syria.

[​IMG]

Naturally, some of this donation we divert to hire a foreman for the assassins construction workers.

[​IMG]

Some more we spend to outfit them with quality tools as well. Always wear your hard hat!

[​IMG]

The engineering points should do nicely to boost our pet shop construction performance too.

I was wondering for a longer while which troops to pick for this mission, and eventually I settled on the 1337est - all heroes, assassins, 2x bowmen. The idea is that the bowmen will get rid of the units that are a pain in the ass, like spearmen and styrian infantry, assassins are an all-purpose brawling unit, Saladin will chase away the archers and stop light cav from trampling, while the heroes will mop up the rest + boost everyone with their leadership skills.

Let's get it on!

[​IMG]

Hah, turns out we get lots of cannon fodder for this mission.

[​IMG]

To the east we have mameluks protecting the town.

[​IMG]

Then there are saracen horsemen up north, conveniently placed NEXT TO TWO REGIMENTS OF PILGRIMS

[​IMG]

And at far north there are turk bowmen, seljuk archers and seljuk warriors.

Not bad all in all, I particularly welcome the arrer boyz.

[​IMG]

The enemies at this stage are p. trashy.

Apart from the 2x pilgrims next to the saracen knights, here we have some vassals and crusaders, but also 2x english longbowmen. By far the most dangerous units atm.

[​IMG]

2x foot knights close to the town too.

[​IMG]

Hiring the kaptin actually gives the assassins a (very weird-ass) model to represent him. The same was true for the crusaders, but I forgot to show it I think :M there the captain was a gold-played langschilde, more or less.

[​IMG]

The enemies do some scrambling, I obviously retreat the horsemen towards the mameluks.

[​IMG]

But the bad news is the pilgrims follow them right there :rage:

[​IMG]

I have my doubts about mameluks taking on two regiments of spearmen, but we can certainly try.

[​IMG]

Yeah, nope. Time to leg it.

[​IMG]

Then something very weird happens - the saracen horsemen are apparently too dumb to exit the town using the western exit. They just KEEP TRYING TO GO NORTH, through the spearmen

what the fuck

[​IMG]

I keep trying to retreat them and handhold them out, but nothing works. This takes long enough that even the foot knights manage to catch up.

[​IMG]

Our folks are close by too, alhamdulillah.

[​IMG]

I hide Sal and the assassins in the forest to flank the incoming archers.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, holy shit, the horsemen actually managed to leg it somehow. Time to bombard the pilgrims with our auxiliary archers.

[​IMG]

SURPRISE

[​IMG]

shoop shoop motherfuckers

[​IMG]

Checking here I had to count the longbowmen again because 2 regiments were on the loose here while Saladin was supposed to be murdering them. On a closer look it turned out Saladin, that damned idiot, ran into crusaders instead.

and then

the game crashed

:M :M :M :M :M

[​IMG]

I restarted with the same units, but changed tactics. This time I evac'd the horsemen and mameluks from the town in the corner, while putting Sal and the assassins immediately into this forest here to intercept the heathens.

[​IMG]

In fact, might as well put the horsemen here too.

[​IMG]

PEEKABOO

[​IMG]

Classic cavalry surrounding manoeuvres.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile the assassins run into two vassal regiments on their own. Might as well.

[​IMG]

The rest of our dudes are getting caught up by the foot knights and pilgrims.

[​IMG]

Turan and Asad can handle them just fine, fortunately.

[​IMG]

The longbowmen are all but dead. Time to gtfo, no need for more fighting here.

[​IMG]

The mameluks finally get their asses here too, which is gud, because we're being a bit swarmed.

[​IMG]

more corpses

with those suckers out, we can focus on the remaining crusaders

[​IMG]

Who are now running after our assassins in great outrage :outrage:

[​IMG]

We confuse them a bit with some kiting, which lets us shoot them dead with archers.

Soon the coast is clear

[​IMG]

Now for phase two.

Teehee all this open ground and so many engineering points, let us set up the ballista hell.

[​IMG]

turns out there's only one spot

ARE YOU SHITTING ME??? :rage:

[​IMG]

No matter. I put it down, plus three guard towers, plus four patches of burning oil and caltrops, and finally also camo the archers. I also put Saladin and the saracen horsemen a bit further north in a forest, in anticipation of any archer shenanigans.

[​IMG]

Aaaaaaaand here we gooooooooooo

Once again, fairly trashy. One light cav unit, heavy inf are all foot knights and crusaders. Spearmen are pilgrims, which is bad news, archers are crusader archers, which is okay.

[​IMG]

But we also get to face off an old friend of ours!

Good that all enemy units in this game are always level 0 so this guy doesn't even have any hero skills :M

[​IMG]

The sun slowly sets over Damascus as the infidels approach our holy warriors.

[​IMG]

I decide to keal the cavalry before it screws with our traps and camo.

[​IMG]

But the fuckers turn tail the moment we get close :argh:

[​IMG]

Then suddenly something very weird happens. One thing, less bizarre, was that it looked like the cavalry just evapourated - I couldn't find it anywhere on the map.

However, what was much more strange, was that suddenly ALL our active abilities were turned on. Across all units, even the faith power, all of them were suddenly activated and spent for no reason :hmmm:

[​IMG]

Well, whatevs. FIRE!!!!

THE REBEL CANNONS BREAK THE SILENCE

ONE HUNDRED FIFTY GUNS MAKE UP THEIR CANNONADE

[​IMG]

I charge our knights, seeing some archers out of position, but they retreat behind spearmen :argh:

[​IMG]

The slaughter now ensues.

[​IMG]

Bodies fall like rain.

[​IMG]

Some foot knights manage to break through, I stop them with the saracen horsemen and mameluks.

[​IMG]

Oh, I think I see the vanished light cav skulking in the woods to the north.

Our archers unleash all hell to keep the spearmen at bay, but there sure is a whole fucking lot of them.

[​IMG]

Soon one regiment reaches our guard tower

[​IMG]

and takes it down, breaking just a moment after the deed is done :negative:

Wilhelm also got close on the right. He's moving towards the other guard tower.

Also, the saracen horsemen are getting pounded by fucking crusaders, nigga wat

[​IMG]

Well shit, the light cav managed to flank us. I retreat the horsemen to stop its charge (they won't do much else with just 4 dudes left), while assassins relieve them against the crusaders.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile somewhere in the clusterfuck Saladin ran into pilgrims. BAD SALADIN, BAD!

[​IMG]

Meanwhile someone wrecked our second guard tower, on the left. No idea who it was, but I think it might have been the light cav.

Also, the saracen knights are unable to stop them in time, and so they also chop up the fire ballista. Huh.

[​IMG]

For some good news, Turan and Asad took care of Wilhelm on the right.

Meanwhile I lost the auxiliary sejluk warriors and didn't even notice :M They fell to the foot knights they were attacking with the Mameluks.

[​IMG]

Needless to say, the saracen horsemen bite the dust superfast, and the light cav proceeds to murder our seljuk archers. However we now have more units that are free to help them.

[​IMG]

Until all that is left are hundreds of corpses, three wrecked structures and some stragglers that broke morale long ago and barely just rallied.

[​IMG]

Holy shit men, we woulda been in trubble without the cannon fodder auxiliaries :shredder:

Their sacrifice will be forever remembered in the halls of the righteous! :troll:

[​IMG]

zing

[​IMG]

Cheap reinforcements, given that most of the losses were seljuk mercs.

[​IMG]

Ah, events!

I swear it's like most of our dealings we have with traitors and heretics.

Choice is fairly straightforward:

- Get German stuff to obtain a free Langschilde unit (HURRRRRRRR THIS IS GIVING ME DEJA VU) and a reric.
    - Get French stuff to obtain 7k dinars, 2 waffen and an armoire.

[​IMG]

We now have a shitton of spare gold and upgrade points, so I proceed with phase 3 of the Grand Army Deseljukification. The final phase, I believe.

[​IMG]

And upgrade the shitty level 8 swordsmen into propa palace guards.

[​IMG]

Skill reassign, I pick experienced retainers and master weapons. Obvious.

[​IMG]

Then I research stronger faith (op theology studies)

[​IMG]

Which leads us to free skill points for all heroes.

Thus we've maxed out the general upgrade tree. Whoop-de-doo.

[​IMG]

Seeing how much geld and points we still have left, I proceed to the saracen magix tree and get this shitty thing

[​IMG]

Followed by this also kind of shitty thing

[​IMG]

To finally unlock this here very ridiculously overpowered thing (or at least so it looks like). No longer will any suckers be able to flank us or ride out from hiding.

Finally, two options for JIHAD!!!!

[​IMG]

Seljuk Sultanate aka rescue the turks and kill the crusaders

[​IMG]

Cairo aka crush the templars and their mercs.

- French bribe vs German bribe?
    - Seljuks vs gyppos?

DISCUSS!!!!!

^ Top  
  12. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    German bribe, obviously you need more units. :troll:

And Seljuks. Kinda wanna see that relic.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    French bribe.

We should take care of the unimpressive stuff first, and "seljuk" is just another world for "unimpressive".

^ Top  
  14. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    Germans and Arabs are a natural fit.
    Seljuk Sultans of Swing

^ Top  
  15. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    :obviously:

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Let's do seljuks first, then cairo, and use the cairoan gold for a great big victory feast.

Don't want heretics in the army, so lets parley with french.

^ Top  
  17. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    SURAH 14 - REINSTATE KEBAB

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

No idea why you'd ever pick the German bribe but so it goes.

[​IMG]

Also no idea how you wouldn't expect me to sell these useless longshields :M

[​IMG]

At least the reric is decent, I guess. I give it to Asad.

Also, it seems at some point we went over a faith threshold that lets heroes equip more relics. I guess it must have been Damascus but [​IMG]

[​IMG]

To arms!

[​IMG]

There's a lot of red dots on the map. Let us inspect.

[​IMG]

Well, that's certainly a shitton of dudes.

[​IMG]

Fortunately, they are all very scrubby. The vast majority of them are vassals and spearmen, also some crusaders.

[​IMG]

The best they can show are two longshield regiments and three crusader archers.

[​IMG]

Apart from that, scrubs as far as the eye can see.

Nevertheless, it's still a fuckhuge force.

[​IMG]

This hilltop here will grant us excellent advantage.

[​IMG]

Also check how many glowy banners they have. Six items in one battle! Holy shit.

[​IMG]

Here they come.

A great shame is that what looks like some kind of a swamp on the map is actually just regular open field. We'd send them to a watery grave otherwise :negative:

[​IMG]

While the heathens advance on our main force, I order the light cavalry to move from the side and cap the strategic points, since I guess one of them ought to give us some free turk cannon fodder.

[​IMG]

We get swarmed pretty fast, can hardly even kill anyone before the archers must retreat.

[​IMG]

And then the classicest, massivest clusterfuck ever ensues as the enemy vassals just keep pouring in to suicide on our blades.

[​IMG]

Some of them take the long way around, but I have Sal and the Circs waiting just there. Gonna have to shoot out the spearmen first though.

[​IMG]

I lose track of the battle a bit and see fuckers trying to bumrush the archers. Also sending Turan to help on this side.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I see palace guards getting clobbered by longshields :prosper:

[​IMG]

And here one of the light cav units rejoins us after capping one o' them points.

It blows my fucking mind that these mameluk lancers lose 8 dudes on the approach against ARCHERS, but so it goes. The saracen cavalry is completely and utterly worthless compared to its crusader counterparts.

[​IMG]

Some morale-broken vassals manage to run into our bowmen, wut.

[​IMG]

The enemy spearmen by the archers are kind of confoos and keep running back and forth letting the mameluks kill the archers. Good.

[​IMG]

Eh heh heh heh all them white flags. Whiteys BTFO!

[​IMG]

WHEN SUDDENLY! *modest drumroll*

Crusader reinforcements arrive. Fortunately it's just Irenaeus' fanclub and some bowmen.

[​IMG]

WHEN SUDDENLY! *adequate drumroll*

I see the mameluks getting murderised and notice the spearmen finally decided to attack them. Sound the retreat :negative:

[​IMG]

WHEN SUDDENLY! *big drumroll*

What the hell is all this enemy cavalry doing here and how did they even get here?!

I guess they must have arrived with the white company and bowmen, so I must have missed their coming by a very large margin lol

[​IMG]

Good news however is that the other mameluks finally capped the point in the corner, which gave us two regiments of cannon fodder palace guards.

Naturally, it will take about half a year before they get to the battle zone, so thanks a lot I guess :prosper:

[​IMG]

I had to tell the fucking mameluks THREE TIMES to retreat from the spearmen because they just WOULDN'T LISTEN. Allah be praised that there are no archers around or these dudes would hit the dirt for sure.

[​IMG]

In other news, the turks that got clobbered by the longshields are now at 6/36 men. You know what brought them down to this state?

VASSALS

I SWEAR ON ME MOM [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some cavalry trying to flank us. What they don't know is that I have 48 javelins with their names on them.

[​IMG]

Also some knights charging uphill, good idea, shitheads.

[​IMG]

Ah, the other mameluk lancer regiment arrives to the scene.

[​IMG]

The knights run straight into our spearmen, after which I crush them with flanking Sal and the Circs. Expert manoeuvre if I do say so myself :obviously:

[​IMG]

meanwhile cannon fodder turks...

*crickets chirping*

[​IMG]

The mameluks get close to the bowmen. Time to start da killin'

Also the bowmen have yet another item, and so did the crusader knights. Damn lootaz!

[​IMG]

Oh there's dudes on the left too. Inconsequential, obviously.

[​IMG]

Bye bye :hero:

WHEN SUDDENLY *final drumroll*

[​IMG]

Second blob with enemy reinforcements appears in the northwest!

Trashy as hell :M just spearmen/vassals/crusaders/crusader knights. But also even more glowy banners with items! :what:

[​IMG]

Better prepare yourselves lads.

[​IMG]

Oh look who's finally made it.

[​IMG]

Better late than never I guess.

[​IMG]

Crusader knights run into javelins + sal + lancers again. They won't bother us anymore.

[​IMG]

Now for the rest of these suckers.

[​IMG]

The fires of Hell await as I put the grenadiers to the front.

[​IMG]

Needless to say, the bowmen pick off just about everyone.

[​IMG]

Also the grenadiers actually do hilarious damage against these crusaders. With each lob, 12 dudes die, although obviously they are also shot at by the turks. Still...

[​IMG]

Sup

[​IMG]

33 fucking enemy regiments, 1446 men in total. Mohammed's butt, that was a lot of trash to wade through. Pretty fun though.

Also look at all them level-ups and loot. Obviously it doesn't even show all the loot, but I think we got a total of... 10 items from this. I'm pretty sure that's about as much as we got through the whole campaign so far :shredder:

[​IMG]

Muh clay

[​IMG]

These reinforcement costs are obviously not good at all.

[​IMG]

Reserves to the rescue! Much better.

Some level-ups

[​IMG]

Saladin gets access to this thing at level 10. We maxed offensive strategy, so this is a very obvious thing to pump next - it's also ridiculously fucking strong.

[​IMG]

The grenadiers' selection is absolutely dreadful, so I pick haste for the lulz.

[​IMG]

Arms-bearer for the lancers is a no-brainer since they scale so well with gear.

[​IMG]

:shredder:

[​IMG]

The Seljuks gave us this thingy as reward for our conquest. Not bad, Turan-Turan should make some use of it.

Polotix:

[​IMG]

A hero will surely be supah useful with 2 missions to go, the mounted archers won't be much better either, and the 5k dinar bribe is kind of pathetic :prosper:

[​IMG]

We still have some cash and upgrade points left, so I wonder if I should spend it on something. Assassin deep strikes look hilarious, but I'm not convinced all that much, so I leave it for now.

[​IMG]

Next stop: Cairo.

You may now discuss!!! which bribe we want from the Seljuks.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Upgrade points, obviously. :obviously:

^ Top  
  19. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    Let's see the hero.

You should get the assassin pods, too fun to pass up.

^ Top  
  20. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Mounted archers. Your lack of seljuks units is disturbing.

^ Top  
  21. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    +1

^ Top  
  22. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    Let's go with the mounted archers.

^ Top  
  23. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    +2

^ Top  
  24. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Also, allahuackbaring for the next page.

^ Top  
  25. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Next page? What do you need a next page for?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.