Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist

Kayerts

Arcane
So what's left?
Orks - Looted dakka
Traitor guardsmen - Basiilisks, except unclean
Sevrely under-supported chaos cultists and/or mutants, who killed the guardsmen/pdf and took their basilisks.

Also remember that three guardsmen thought they had a chance of overpowering one of the enemy, taking him prisoner, and making him talk. In fluff, that limits the list of possible enemies to (non-enhanced) humans, because everything else would laugh at three bros with flashlights.

Could be random planetary rebels, though.

ironyuri

1925%20-%20fabulous%20space_marine%20warhammer_40k.jpg

ONWARD BROTHERS!

ironyuri

Even if we go rogue now, this is our future:

FabulousBile.jpg

Limpdicked, with style.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Adaptus Kitchenus ad snitching/turning back on our Commander castrated this LP. Not to mention picking mechanized faggots to wage trench war.... Vostryans would be cool and :obviously: but not let's choose something as fitting to WH40K as modern Panzer waffe.... only cause :codexisfor:has latex and gasmask fetish. Fuck it I vote for fellow Commissar... she proved to be not as useless as I thought.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Currently Engaging Emotionally with the Only War W40KRP beta rules book. Good stuff, good stuff...
Some nice descriptions of regiments in there too. And rules for making your own. Fanatic drop droops with autopistols and chainswords, anyone? Like Assault Marines, except the power armor is replaced with balls of steel.

root -- Does the commissar have a powerglove perchance?
hsK28.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Excidium -- Adeptus Piratus. I'm not playing 20 throne geld to be a beta tester for FFG. I'll probably pick up the paperback rulebook once they release that.

Yes, players can play commissars.
Yes, there are rules for summarily executing guardsmen to "restore" morale.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Ulminati

Yeah I saw that, one of the premade characters on the free adventure is a commissar chick.

Yes, there are rules for summarily executing guardsmen to "restore" morale.
From what I can see on the book, only "comrades" and even then, only when the player is on critical damage. Lame. Also, it's a normal BS test, which is 'tarded. Imagine missing your execution shot in front of everyone...:M

This comrade thing, it looks like a horrible idea.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
1) We know our duty and we will do it.

Splitting is always a horrible idea and going inside the city is tempting but we should complete the objective first.

Baltika9

Arcane
1)Tough call, but we have our orders.

On a side note: Heresy's afoot. Whatever's inside the city, it's definitely a daemon, and four barely-alive-and together and one good-for-nothing commissar, that can barely form a cohesive unit for five minutes stand absolutely no chance. Besides, as someone noted some pags ago, I don't think our commissar is all that "pure."

And root, if we get back to base, make sure the LT mentions every single little detail about the psyker, three-eyes and whatnot. And if LORD COMMISSAR wants to blam us for inaction, well, we had our orders and acted in the best interests of the mission.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Warp... Warp never changes. We're not really trained and equipped to play ghostbusters in an entire hive. And splitting the party is ALWAYS a dumb idea. Let's just blow shit up and run.

Kayerts

Arcane
Tri-lobed eye is a Nyarlathotep reference, which in root's cosmology has meant the Deceiver. It could be something daemonic here, but that, plus the cold wind beneath the earth, and the weirdness with the machines, makes me suspect that 31-12 is about to be a tomb world again.

I suspect we really ought to get down there and threaten the unstoppable death army with a melta bomb before they surface, but we run a decent chance of Johanna "disciplining" us in the forehead if we do.

ironyuri

Looks like Lt. Limpdick finally hardened the fuck up.

2 is super tempting if shit is getting real, but the Commissar stepped up when we stepped up, so it's time to finish our mission and tell the Lord Commissar all about what we've seen/heard.

kazgar

Arcane

If there's no people around, stopping the hydra's should be simple enough (haw haw) and then can worry about what happens next, at least if the artillery stopped, reinforcements can come down the hill, and they can become daemon food before we do.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
3 blowing unmaned artilery this is what Commissar and half of theam can do... we should press with as many meltas we can get inside... After our Regiment earned the attention of HOLT.... LORD COMMISSAR HOLT (not tom mention our prevous fuckups) we can't expect the paper shield of orders to protect our hides, besides once Hydras are eliminated we will have Banebladede backing us... Either we or Holt should be able to finish the job then.... ONWARD FOR EMPRAH! DEATH AND GLORY!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom