Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's paint some maps in EU3 Magna Mundi as the Mongols!

Starting date

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 1453(fall of Constantinople)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With 10k men, an income so shit that i slowly lose money with just that, and enemies on every front? If you insist....

Keep in mind it's only been just over 100 years, we still have 320 or so left to go.

kazgar

Arcane
Must first keep the mongol women and children safe so they can produce more warriors to help rape and pillage the west.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dragula said:
Due to most of the MM stuff actually being read from the HDD, wouldn't an SSD solve most of these issues?

They added a LOT of new tags and due to how the game works each tag checks for each other tag. You can do the math with 600 tags or something. Also new land provinces, each one having cores (ie tags), new event chains firing for all nations etc. A lot of work to be done here. But slowness comes from the engine not limited PC capabilities.

Dragula

Augur
Yes but Manchu was not really a Mongol dynasty. Hence why I think they should have made a difference between them.

Also, does the game get weird when you start in 1399? As MM is balanced to start in 1453?

Not that weird. All the events work. The only problem is that Europeans start with 2 for all techs, and it takes a while to get out of that and start teching up quickly. Non Muslim tribals also lack the government tech to integrate any tribes in provinces not adjacent to their capital for a while. If i had postponed the invasion of China, and fully integrated all the tribes, i probably could have afforded a lot more troops.

I do agree there should be a distinction between Manchu and the Mongol Khanate (although they are different cultures) but the various events tied to invading China and the Qing dynasty are ambiguous, and work just as well for the Mongols and the Oirats.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So some native Americunts and try to hold off the Europeans as long as possible. Extra difficulty because of insta-annexing Pagans.

No North Kwanzanians mein Fuhrer, they're represented by the revamped native system. The Central Americans and Incans are in though, they're no longer instantly annexable, instead the colonial powers have missions and events tied to them..

Another update tonight, probably in four or five hours.

Greetings, beloved bros. Recently i declared war on the Gooks, smashed their army, and in the process managed to bypass the truce and attack Ming! Now the Khagan, in his wisdom, has opted to send all his men south to combat Tibet and Ming, leaving a small token force to prevent the Koreans from rebuilding an army.

Peace? I don't think so, Chink. They offer peace only a few months after Korea was crushed. They must be really badly fucked, even one province minors being attacked by superpowers don't accept peace that easily.

eu3game2010-09-1323-15-38-69.jpg

The Kingdom of Dali has also attacked Ming with me. They're a small Confucian dynasty, but their few provinces are extremely wealthy, the right culture, the right religion, and cored. They could be a significant problem if they grow too large and ally with Korea. They also have an Emperor with stats the same as the late Dayan Khagan.

eu3game2010-09-1323-16-26-95.jpg

Meanwhile, the Tibetans pour a surprisingly large force out of the mountains against me. After several extremely bloody battles, as well as high attrition from chasing them around the Tibetan mountains, they are routed. The Tibetans have a surprisingly high quality army, so i'll need to keep an eye on them.

eu3game2010-09-1323-17-46-44.jpg

Meanwhile, after easily sweeping aside the Ming army, my generals begin besieging the wealthier, eastern parts of their remaining territory. I want to try and get a CoT in the peace deal to bring in some money from tolls. I can't really make money from sending merchants there due to my horrible administration and nomadism.

eu3game2010-09-1323-21-16-00.jpg

A look at Ming and Dali:

eu3game2010-09-1323-21-52-88.jpg

DAS JUDEN!
eu3game2010-09-1323-23-33-83.jpg

As you would expect, the main reason to allow Jews into your country is money. They boost the base tax and population growth of provinces they congregate in. They occasionally provide Jewish advisers who are superior to their normal counterparts. They even give occasional very nice mercantile events. The downside is that letting them in and giving them rights can cause instability and revolts, especially in Christian countries, while Muslims generally benefit the most from them. The more rights you give them via religious decisions, the more wealth they provide, although this requires certain slider settings, religion, or national ideas.
You can also expel them, which causes a lot of temporary unrest in provinces they congregate in, but increases stability, gives you money proportional to your income from confiscating their property, and reduces global revolt risk. The downside is you lose the long term economic benefits.

A look at our generals. You should also note our discipline. That's a full 20% extra casualties caused by our troops. Rapethirsty barbarian hordes they may have been, but they were damn good soldiers.

eu3game2010-09-1323-27-02-83.jpg

Dali and their allies make peace with Ming. Now they share a border with us, albeit a tiny one.

eu3game2010-09-1323-29-50-07.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1323-29-59-56.jpg

Some sieges. A giant stack of peasants sprung up in one of Ming's provinces and took it from us. They are quickly crushed however and the province is soon back in our hands.
eu3game2010-09-1323-30-34-89.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1323-31-35-86.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1323-37-04-28.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1323-39-50-98.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1323-42-54-55.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1323-43-57-31.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1323-45-49-20.jpg

The Jews provide support for our war effort :salute:. They will certainly be rewarded for this. As long as they keep their filthy untermensch foreigner hands out of my treasury.

eu3game2010-09-1323-45-04-26.jpg

Suddenly, as we take the last few forts...

eu3game2010-09-1323-49-49-13.jpg

:retarded: :x :rage:

For fucks sake, why do fucking Confucians revolt for religious reasons? It's not even a proper fucking religion!

eu3game2010-09-1323-50-32-89.jpg

Godamnit.

I make peace with Ming at this point, all but a small unreachable island of theirs occupied. I spend a lot of warscore on a CoT so i don't take a significant amount of land.

eu3game2010-09-1323-56-57-41.jpg

Zheijing is ours!

eu3game2010-09-1323-57-19-43.jpg

After our soldiers are finished smashing the rebels and killing survivors by filling their anus with parasites, i'll need to stay at peace for awhile to get WE down, after that it will be time for one last push against Ming and a showdown with Dali.

edit: fixed some image tags

Furious Flaming Faggot said:
:lol: Gotta love these events.

BTW, do you mind placing comments after the relevant pics in further updates? It's kinda awkward reading about something I haven't had a look at, yet.

TripJack

Hedonist
Excellent. I think its time you built a mongol horde of ships and cross the great sea of khans. You must go east in order to go west.

I guess, Comrade Sagus, i'll try it for the next update. Until i've settled fully i can't build boats, it costs about 200 ducats to build a single transport ship as a nomadic country. I'm making maybe 5 or so ducats off all my Chinese territory, and i can only barely afford 10k men. The horrors of shit administration.

Bros, i'm afraid i wont be able to update over the weekend or on Monday. I also wont be able to update tonight as i haven't had time to play much so nothing has really happened, i'll definitely do a large update on Tuesday though.

Nex

Cipher
Furious Flaming Faggot said:
Bros, i'm afraid i wont be able to update over the weekend or on Monday. I also wont be able to update tonight as i haven't had time to play much so nothing has really happened, i'll definitely do a large update on Tuesday though.

:(

An update to your LP is one of the highlights of my day

Nex said:
:(

An update to your LP is one of the highlights of my day

cit_FotNS_-_manly_tears.png

How dare i, but a man, forbid my bro a simple daily pleasure? I cannot, for to do so would not be righteous nor proper. By God, if i do not have time, i shall make it! Here is your update noble bro, for i love you, as i love all my bros, no matter their faults or failings.

Last time, we once again crushed Ming and Korea, however, all my nieghbours are now vastly out teching me, so my advantages have lessened. Thankfully, the wealth from my new Chinese territory is enough that i can afford a few thousand more cavalry.

eu3game2010-09-1717-29-17-81.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1717-29-54-28.jpg

When my WE has finally dropped, i declare war on Ming. I quickly move to crush their several large, leaderless stacks. As you can see it is not particularly difficult. They probably dropped their military spending to almost nothing so they didn't have to disband anything. Despite my technological shortcomings, my army still has the best generals, the highest morale, and the best discipline. I also have a superior grasp of strategy to the Artificial Idiocy, so as long as it doesn't get to a point where i'm the only country in Asia without gunpowder, it should be alright.

Some rebels spring up, and some of Ming's allies arrive by boat.....

eu3game2010-09-1717-30-39-79.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1717-31-11-87.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1717-31-33-81.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1717-32-39-68.jpg

Only to be crushed. :smug:
For some reason fraps crapped out on me here, so you missed some maneuvering away from a giant Korean stack and killing it via attrition, as well as Ming's ally Burma losing all her troops.

eu3game2010-09-1717-32-57-68.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1717-33-36-55.jpg

I only barely managed to pull out a victory here. Korea managed to roll three 9s in a roll, while i rolled a 0, a 2 and a 1. I only won by virtue of my overwhelming troop superiority and brilliant generalship. I smacked them around a couple of times, but they refused to rout and attrition was getting to me. I decided to leave Korea alone and let them sulk over their defeat.

eu3game2010-09-1717-34-30-04.jpg

As you can see, it was a short, bloody campaign. In future i will need to find an opportunity to crush Korea individually, they are a major nuisance.

eu3game2010-09-1717-36-29-88.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1717-37-04-29.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1717-38-35-80.jpg

eu3game2010-09-1717-39-43-06.jpg

Some sieges. You may be surprised at the rate and ease at which i take forts, but historically the Mongols were masters of siege warfare. After cracking a handful of tough forts and cities, they adopted various Chinese siege weapons, as well as the basic usage of gunpowder. They were even fairly adept at infantry warfare, because they often used conscripted levy infantry from conquered lands as meat shields. I even have access to artillery, but i cannot afford it due to my nomadic society and slider settings.

eu3game2010-09-1717-44-29-77.jpg

I hit land tech 8. Although my tech rates are extremely slow, i am being dragged along by the massive neighbor bonuses. This is a feature designed to help westernizing nations in vanilla, allowing them to quickly catch up the Europeans.

eu3game2010-09-1717-44-57-22.jpg

The last siege. Before i can make peace, Burma sends another army, so i move to crush them. I don't like making peace with enemies in my territory.

eu3game2010-09-1717-45-37-80.jpg

In a moment of stupidity, i send an army without a general. They roll only 9s and 8s and i roll no higher than a 3. They manage to crush an army of similar technology, with superior discipline, mobility, and vastly superior morale, simply by luck. :decline:

eu3game2010-09-1717-45-57-31.jpg

I take revenge for this blemish on Mongol pride by demolishing the army, slitting the survivor's nipples open, removing their feet, then pouring mashed horse faeces mixed with urine in the wounds and letting them die of infection in an open ditch. :salute:

eu3game2010-09-1717-46-20-39.jpg

I take everything but their capital and a small unreachable island to the south. Thanks to the new annexation rules, if i have enough warscore to vassalise i can annex, so the next war with Ming i should be able to annex them simply by occupying their capital.

The Mongol Khagan's Chinese holdings:

eu3game2010-09-1717-46-32-32.jpg

I have less shit to do than i thought i did. I love my bros, so i will be able to do updates tomorrow and on Monday. They only take a couple of hours out of my day to do, and i can stand to lose two or so hours of sleep. Next time, Dali fighting, Gook punching, ball smashing, and land taking.

The bro-osity is strong in this one. May the Mongols continue their broification of South East Asia.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom