Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Fallout - VD left, never to return. (Completed)

Jigawatt

Arcane
Top quality RK, loving it. :salute:

Re F2 trail fight: if you don't mind a bit of gamyness you could grab a sharpened pole from a sprung trap and drop it about 3 hexes away from Cameron before starting the fight. He a) wastes a turn picking it up and walking back to you and b) will only get 2 attacks per round which won't be as accurate as his punch.

ps check your PM inbox RK47

lightbane

Arcane
So, where's the update? Please, RK, don't tell me that Skryimjob has trapped you too :(

Majestic47

Learned
Those are valid accusations. :)
I've got the update ready tonight. Maybe another 2 update to go then I'm done with LP this year.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The Beast

01.jpg

todd.jpg
Oh, wow. His robes survived disintegration? Awesome.
vd.jpg
This could be useful.
todd.jpg
Good thinking, Vince. I think it's best we lay low for a while, been enough blood already on the way in.
02.jpg

vd.jpg
It's done. Let us proceed into the belly of the beast.
03.jpg

04.jpg

vd.jpg
This information is quite outdated.
todd.jpg
Could've saved us the trouble, but who would have thought the Children are the ones making the mutants?
vd.jpg
There is nothing left to find here. Let us go deeper into the second floor.
05.jpg

todd.jpg
Seems like a research centre of some sort, Vince.
vd.jpg
Let's find out more. Know thy enemy.
06.jpg

vd.jpg
I am here to check on your progress.
07.jpg

vd.jpg
What results are you getting?
08.jpg

todd.jpg
Okay, this is a nut house.
vd.jpg
Where are they being kept?

The mad doctor points to the door on the other side of the floor.

09.jpg

vd.jpg
Seems like this one is quite sane...
10.jpg

vd.jpg
You don't understand. I'm here to free you.
11.jpg

vd.jpg
Ingrate.
12.jpg

vd.jpg
This girl is beyond help. Advice on disabling the force field?
todd.jpg
You could try disabling it from the control panel on the wall over there, but the mutants would probably shoot them dead...eh...we don't wanna raise any alarm now, do we?
vd.jpg
Hmm. Very well.
13.jpg

vd.jpg
This one's not locked.
todd.jpg
I think this is where they keep the mental head case. A retardo land of some sort.
14.jpg

vd.jpg
Who's Jason?
15.jpg

vd.jpg
You just said...never mind.
todd.jpg
They're long way gone, Vince. I'm starting to worry when we meeting this master. Is he gonna mess with your brain, too?
vd.jpg
My mind is stronger than these sheep.

Their conversation was interrupted by a young girl pacing about in the room.

16.jpg

vd.jpg
Stop that!
17.jpg

vd.jpg
Excuse me?
18.jpg

todd.jpg
There's no cure for retards.
19.jpg

vd.jpg
What are you talking about?
20.jpg

vd.jpg
Can you show me how?
21.jpg

vd.jpg
Sigh.
22.jpg

vd.jpg
A classroom of some sort.
todd.jpg
Your robo-eye will stick out like a sore thumb. Better not get in there, Vince. Who knows they might brainwash you.
23.jpg

vd.jpg
Just a barracks. Let's head down to the third and meet the Overseer of this Vault.
todd.jpg
You're assuming there is one?
24.jpg

25.jpg

vd.jpg
I think some precautions need to be taken here.
todd.jpg
Ewww....

Bio mass covers the surface of the third floor. Ceilings, walls and floors. One wonders what sort of nefarious deeds went about in these halls.

26.jpg

vd.jpg
Security Robots. Better not trip the alarm.
27.jpg

vd.jpg
Just a lone guard guarding the storage room.
todd.jpg
Are you sure this is a good idea?
30.jpg

vd.jpg
Oh, ye of little faith...
31.jpg

32.jpg

vd.jpg
The storage room is full of rockets, ammunition and other means of destruction, alas my body can only carry so much.
33.jpg

todd.jpg
You best not touch this door...
vd.jpg
Hm. I can hear the ruckus from behind it. Must be a lot of guards in there.
todd.jpg
All I can say is: do not open. Why don't you investigate the control room...I'm sure you can find some safer stuff in there.
34.jpg

vd.jpg
The layout is similar to Vault 13. The Overseer's office should be nearby...
35.jpg

vd.jpg
How can these people continue to work in this mess?
todd.jpg
I think they're brainwashed, Vince.
36.jpg

vd.jpg
That door...The Overseer's?
todd.jpg
This could get hairy...maybe you should switch to your power armor...
vd.jpg
No...not yet.
37.jpg

vd.jpg
The hive.
todd.jpg
Vince I'm getting some strange reading here..something is...*bzzt*
vd.jpg
T-51?

Brian...

vd.jpg
UGH! What-was-th-
38.jpg

vd.jpg
My mind is a fortress. You shall not break me...*Moves forward.*
39.jpg

40.jpg

vd.jpg
GAH! AUUUuGHHHHHHh! Feels like there's a spike in my head...
41.jpg

vd.jpg
CHAOS - You cannot best ME!
42.jpg

vd.jpg
Huh....from above?
43.jpg

vd.jpg
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
44.jpg

Briannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....

vd.jpg
You won't take me....to the Warp..you won't...
45.jpg

46.jpg

vd.jpg
Got to recover...have to fight it...T-51....Todd...

There was no response..

47.jpg

vd.jpg
...chems...have to take...chems..
48.jpg

Syringes entered my arm...I feel...the darkness lifted from my eyes...as every syringe emptied into my vein. Followed by tabs and tabs of Mentats...
49.jpg

Finally, the cloud parted.
vd.jpg
Brian - we are whole again.
50a.jpg

vd.jpg
Oooh....my head...Todd...what the hell happened...

I wish I hadn't opened my eyes.
51a.jpg

Black

Arcane
Todd is in Brian/Vince's brain. He never existed. Side effect of losing all his friends and drug abuse.

Muro

Educated
Since the LP aims at realism, realism-related questions arise:
  • 1. How can Brian communicate with Todd while not wearing the T-51b? Was not the microphone and the speaker in the armor's helmet?

2. It is implied Brian is still carrying the T-51b with him. How is it possible to keep it hidden under that robe?
Answers:
  • 1. Todd has been a delusion all along, and Brian is gone far enough to not notice anything wrong with being able to talk with his imaginary companion without the necessary logical mediator.

2. it isn't possible. He has left the armor behind when he changed to the robes and his decreasing contact with the world outside of his mind (as pointed out in the answer to question 1) makes him not notice such things.
This explanation is further supported with the last four pictures of the LP. The text accompanying the 4th to last pic says "Syringes entered my arm...I feel...the darkness lifted from my eyes...as every syringe emptied into my vein", and yet, in the 3rd and 2nd to last pic, we can clearly see neither the number of Brain's stimpacs nor the amount of his hit points changed at all. Brian has lost it completely and barely maintains any link with reality at all.

Perhaps the link has been lost altogether already. Let's consider the situation he has found himself in. A lost vault, walls covered in flesh, mutated lunatics with alleged psychic powers, a hall filled with crawling organic matter, the living dead, shooting bones and a machine-flesh abomination only the sickest of minds could imagine. Chances are Brian is actually lying barely conscious, tortured by the merciless sun of the wasteland somewhere between the Boneyard and the Cathedral, suffering from severe dehydration and trauma and losing the last of his wits before death finally releases him from his torment.

May sweet death take you soon, Brian Mitsoda. The outside world has been harsh on you and made you suffer enough. You deserve your rest.

RK47

Patron
The Fatal Flaw

Music: Master's Lair

My eyes...they hurt so...
00.jpg

But it's unmistakable...that...'thing'. It's alive. Melded onto the Overseer's usual console chair. How...could it be?
vd.jpg
Are you...are you Richard Grey?
01.jpg

02.jpg

Its voice spoke in three different tones: calm, male voice; an aggressive, impatient male, and a female...it alternates between the three. The voices echo in my mind...it's so hard to think, even with five doses of mentats and my crippled eye is going to make it hard for me to nail this guy. How the hell did I get here anyway?

51a.jpg

vd.jpg
If you can prove to me that your Unity is the best course for humanity, then I will help you.
03.jpg

vd.jpg
I can't know you represent the best future, unless you prove it to me.
04.jpg

vd.jpg
So tell me.

I'm just buying time. Hopefully, I can find a flaw in his reasoning and...
05.jpg

06.jpg

vd.jpg
That race being the mutants, of course.
07.jpg

vd.jpg
You mean to change all the others into mutants, as well?
08.jpg

Wait...if that happens. Then...I've got it!

vd.jpg
You've got a problem with your master plan.
09.jpg

Vree's research! If what she says is true...then...

vd.jpg
I happen to know that your mutants are sterile.
10.jpg

vd.jpg
You may not believe me, but have you talked to any of your mutants about this?
11.jpg

The creature spend several moments barking into the intercom, speaking with his scientists on the ground.

12.jpg

He's getting agitated, I better come up with something fast.

vd.jpg
Wait, did you think to ask a female mutant? (Is there even any female...for that matter?)
13.jpg

Bingo. He looks...defeated. Sad, even.

vd.jpg
I'm sorry, your race is doomed. If you insist on changing the whole wasteland, I'm afraid you're dooming the entire mankind to extinction.
14.jpg

vd.jpg
I'm sorry this isn't an option for you. Your race will die out after this generation. There is no need to fight...
15.jpg

16.jpg

vd.jpg
Wait...Richard..

A klaxon sounded in the room.

vd.jpg
What have you done?

17.jpg

The speakers slightly muffled by the gooey biomass crackled to life: Time to Self Destruct: 240 seconds.

vd.jpg
Not again! Farewell...it's been nice knowing you.

I punched the Stealthboy Unit on and make my way to the elevator.

18.jpg

19.jpg

vd.jpg
This is exactly like V-13 lay out. Now if I just....
vd.jpg
Brian. Not yet. You should rescue the ones on the second floor as well.
vd.jpg
Who...who are - hey, where's Todd?
vd.jpg
If you haven't realized, you are not wearing the power armor.
vd.jpg
Get out of my head.
vd.jpg
Like it or not...I'm you. Just realize that I've done my part. Now go to the second level and free the prisoners.
vd.jpg
Fine.
20.jpg

vd.jpg
This shouldn't be too hard..if I just hit the button here....and....
21.jpg

vd.jpg
Quick, follow me...

To my horror, the prisoners exploded, barely metres out of their cells.
22.jpg

vd.jpg
GODS! What the fuck just happened?
vd.jpg
It appears the masters malevolent programming has a kill switch...I'm amazed we survived the ordeal...how did you do it, Brian?
vd.jpg
....Does it matter, oh yuck, some of their parts are on me....gods...I'm outta here!
23.jpg

vd.jpg
Fucking robes slowing me down!
24.jpg

25.jpg

vd.jpg
Still over 3 minutes left....looks like I'm in some kind of Vault...
26.jpg

vd.jpg
Up..up...
27.jpg

vd.jpg
Oh, man....did I?
vd.jpg
Of course.
28.jpg

29.jpg

vd.jpg
Huff....just a little more...why are there dead people on the streets. What did I do?!
vd.jpg
Expediting progress. Clearly these fools are beyond saving, now get clear, Brian. We will need several blocks of safe distance...
30.jpg

vd.jpg
Don't have to tell me twice!
31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

Exhausted and barely escaping from ground zero, I sought refuge at the Followers of Apocalypse's compound. Unfortunately, there was none to be found...
40.jpg

41.jpg

Hopefully, the rest of the communities up north are spared from their menace.
42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

Meanwhile...
46.jpg

mathia.jpg
High Elder, detonation confirmed at the Boneyard. I've sent some of our recon over to investigate it further.
max.jpg
I can already tell what it was.
mathia.jpg
Elder?
max.jpg
It's our promising initiate..Bro..err, what's his name, again?

No matter how I tried, I could not get the TODD unit back online. The Power Armor remains operational, no fusion leakage was found, the suit is nothing more than an armor now. Days after escaping ground zero, I make my way north, back to the Brotherhood bunker.
47.jpg

max.jpg
Look what the cat dragged in. Well done, Ryans. That's your name isn't it? I assume you were behind the mushroom cloud at the Cathedral?
vd.jpg
Indirectly, perhaps. And my name's not Ryans, sir.
max.jpg
Heh. Whatever....why aren't you wearing your T-51B? Did it get damaged?
vd.jpg
Sort of...anyway. I am returning this unit. I won't be needing it where I'm going.
48.jpg

mathia.jpg
Initiate, it is yours to keep.
vd.jpg
I insist..Maybe you can fix it up and get the TODD unit back for future recruits.

Both Mathia and the High Elder gave each other a quizzical look.

mathia.jpg
Initiate, have you done some self-modification of your T-51b unit of some kind?
vd.jpg
No.
max.jpg
Well, what's this 'todd' thing that got damaged?
vd.jpg
It's ...uh...a virtual intelligence..It...talks. Don't all suits used to have one?

The High Elder rubbed his chin and gave me a blank look.

max.jpg
Son, I've been around longer than you, and my old man didn't even know such thing existed. Maybe it's...just a figment of your imagination...
vd.jpg
But...
max.jpg
Oh, no...no buts. It's okay. It's done no harm. You don't want this armor? Fine, we'll take it back. Just one thing before you leave though, what IS your name, Initiate? Don't want to get the Scribes' to misspell it.
vd.jpg
Just call us...er...me...Vault Dweller.
max.jpg
Mmmm. That'll do. Now buzz off kid, we've got some wasteland patrol and rebuilding to plan. You take care of yourself, now.
vd.jpg
Thank you, Elder Maxson, for all your help.

49.jpg

50a.jpg

50b.jpg

50c.jpg

50d.jpg

50e.jpg

Muro

Educated
anus_pounder said:
:salute: Thats one empty wasteland though, without the followers and the Hub.
If memory serves, good (and canon) endings for the Followers and the Hub are inaccessible due to bugs, so one can only get either the bad ones or none at all, unless an appropriate unofficial patch is applied.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
What did you think about the game after finishing it again after a long time, RK47?

lightbane

Arcane
And so, it's done. :love:

Just remember to show the "violent" ending. If you don't remember how it was done, press "A" once the talking stops to force combat mode, you'll know what to do.

todd.jpg
There's no cure for retards.

The irony is killing me.

43.jpg

:lol:

03.jpg

The first line is awesome.

RK47

Patron
What about me?

Hell, of course I made it back to the Vault alive. And that's...that.

01.jpg

02.jpg

vd.jpg
What is?
03.jpg

vd.jpg
What are you so worried about, come on!
04.jpg

vd.jpg
Well, they can't stay in the Vault forever, Overseer. I think you should give them a choice. Stay or...
05.jpg

vd.jpg
You can't be serious.
06.jpg

overseer.jpg
I'm sorry, Brian. You can say your goodbyes on the intercom panel over there....but the door won't open.
vd.jpg
I wasn't planning to stay. But...not like this. You...

How can he do this? What gave him the right?

overseer.jpg
Brian, please. Don't make this any more diffi-
vd.jpg
*Difficult?* Do you even know the meaning of that word? You, who sat on the overseer console for all the weeks, months...I spent out there...looking for the chip AND killing the mutants?! Risking *MY* life for the *entire* Vault *AND* the rest of the wasteland. I've met strangers who are more helpful than you. And the best of of a generation? With what? You can't even farm. We're just living on hand outs! They deserve a choice. *All* of them!

Before I know it, my left hand is already on his throat, gripping it tightly.
07.jpg

overseer.jpg
Stop it! Do you see now? Do you see how the wasteland changed you?

I didn't know I still had the Power Fist on my right arm, but I drew my right arm back anyway for the punch.

vd.jpg
No, you just prefer to bury your head in the sand than admitting that you're wrong!
overseer.jpg
NO! Bria- help! Secu-
vd.jpg
FUCK you.
09.jpg

The blow knocked half of his left torso away....turning his left arm and leg...lungs maybe...into useless chunks of flesh on the cavern floor. I was numb.
10.jpg

overseer.jpg
Brian...ack....help...
vd.jpg
I can't.
overseer.jpg
Gah...
11.jpg

overseer.jpg
You'll kill all of us...
vd.jpg
How can you be so sure?
12.jpg

overseer.jpg
Hackkk-cough--secur-
13.jpg

He's dead. The irreversible outcome. There's no going back for me now...but it never is what I want. I never wanted to return to the Vault...what I want...is something else. I walked over to the intercom. And drew a deep breath before speaking.

Skyrim - Majestic Town 3

vd.jpg
Hi. This is Brian. Most of you may know me. I got the water chip back months ago. And now...I'm leaving the Vault - for good. And I would like to extend the offer to the rest of the Vault to join up with me. Not immediately, of course. It's a big decision to make. You have clothes to pack, supplies to prepare...Well, I'll be waiting. Due east of here, about a week - there's a village of Shady Sands. That's where I'm headed to learn how to farm and build a new village of my - our own. I know you are all afraid. I too, am afraid when I stepped out the first time. But the alternative is to live the rest of your life totally dependent on this Vault. And hoping another Brian will come and fetch a new water chip if it breaks down. So...yeah...come out...and learn something new. If you don't like it, you can always return. No strings attached. And don't even think of asking the Overseer for permission...this is *your* choice. Not his or mine to make. I think...I've spoken enough. I'll...miss you all...I'll...be waiting...I...uh...Annie...I still love you.

I let go of the transmit button, wiped the tears from my eyes and walked away from the huge number 13, for the final time.

vd.jpg
Thanks for letting me out, Overseer.

14.jpg

15.jpg

vd.jpg
Did I...did I do the right thing?
16.jpg

vd.jpg
Aww...it doesn't matter...if they never come, I'll stick to Shady Sands...
17.jpg

vd.jpg
Aradesh won't mind.
18.jpg

Days later...

19.jpg

vd.jpg
Well, this ..doesn't look like Shady Sands.
20.jpg

vd.jpg
Khans! Still butthurt over the assbeating I gave to your boss, huh? Well, up yours!
21.jpg

22.jpg

vd.jpg
COME! Who wants to go to hell?!
23.jpg

vd.jpg
Get in line!
24.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

vd.jpg
Nice pistol. Come get me!
29.jpg

vd.jpg
I'll just wait this corner right here...
30.jpg

vd.jpg
Surprise, fag.
31.jpg

32.jpg

vd.jpg
Ahhahhhhahahha. Oh gawd, did you see that, Todd...he totally....totally...heh....oh, that's right. Todd's...not here anymore.
33.jpg

vd.jpg
WELL THAT'S JUST DANDY!
34.jpg

vd.jpg
LET'S PLAY POST NUCLEAR WARFARE!
35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

vd.jpg
Ow. Ow. Ow. I should...be heading to Shady Sands now...

RK47

Patron
Wyrmlord said:
What did you think about the game after finishing it again after a long time, RK47?

Fallout 3 totally missed the mark. I think New Vegas tried to correct that, but still somewhat failed due to the derptastic engine and super small community in the wasteland.

I still can't get over why they won't just make Fallout 2.5 instead of fucking Fallout Tactics. I remembered installing the pirated copy, full of excitement of Fallout universe...this time with TACTICS!

One hour later, I couldn't even muster the motivation to boot it up. :(

Fallout
+ Love the time limit. It makes you think. What you should be doing next, without a goddamn quest pointer ever. It just shows how lame open world is when time has no consequence. Bethesda made some gains with exploration and world design, but still need to pick up more campaign design tips from the original Fallout. Lots of surprises, and multiple approaches in a somewhat semi-sandbox.

In fact, Fallout 2 was definitely weaker because there is very, very little sense of urgency and the whole 'witch doctor' dream sequence that killed the atmosphere. My young mind was easily distracted back then and I just spent the whole game hoarding caps and not actually caring about the GECK or my village. Hence Fallout is still better than the sequel. And that's why I never finished Fallout 2. I didn't care enough.

Brother None said:
Your cock feels good in my mouth, RK

Sycophants.

Boring, banal, shit and with copious amounts of Vince-related fanboyism.

I disapprove, fall down a well and die... and while you're down in that well: get Timmy's BB gun.

:rpgcodex:

spekkio

Arcane
Not bad, but Andyman's FF7 LP is still 'the best RPG LP' on Dex.

:rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom