Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Fallout - VD left, never to return. (Completed)

Black

Arcane
I think that maybe, just maybe, Todd isn't real, just a side-effect of drug overuse and losing all your comrades.
First you lost your eye, then you lost your mind.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Well, fuck. Skyrim...is shit. I..I don't know. Maybe I'm playing it wrong, but I really cannot pay attention to what the NPCs are saying, I was really confused when they told me to make a choice between following a polite guy and a rude man when a dragon was swooping over us, with blazing fire and all that. Maybe I'm really not focused or what...I blazed past my dragon fight and just follow the quest compass without the slightest inclination to explore.

And it's strange that my Nord warrior have easier time just using flamethrower spell against enemies instead of risking his life in the front line with a greatsword.

Great Job, Bethesda! Well done! 11 out of 11!

Black

Arcane
RK47 said:
Well, fuck. Skyrim...is shit. I..I don't know. Maybe I'm playing it wrong, but I really cannot pay attention to what the NPCs are saying, I was really confused when they told me to make a choice between following a polite guy and a rude man when a dragon was swooping over us, with blazing fire and all that. Maybe I'm really not focused or what...I blazed past my dragon fight and just follow the quest compass without the slightest inclination to explore.

And it's strange that my Nord warrior have easier time just using flamethrower spell against enemies instead of risking his life in the front line with a greatsword.

Great Job, Bethesda! Well done! 11 out of 11!

You just hate everything that's new and popular.

SoupNazi

Sums up my feelings about Skyrim exactly, RK. I don't think it's a bad game like many here will argue but there's just nothing that can keep me playing it.

RK47

Patron
Man and Monsters

In the heart of the city lies a great library, fortified and restored. It rises with a forbidding yet graceful presence. I feel a sense of peace as I approach.
01.jpg

todd.jpg
Weren't we going to smash some deathclaws or something?
vd.jpg
Just one last stop before doing that.

The followers seem to be busy, organizing the books within, and some are deep in studies. I decide to approach their leader, Nicole for more information.
02.jpg

vd.jpg
Thanks. Can you tell me more about what you worship here?

Nicole gives a small chuckle when I mentioned 'worship.' She shakes her head and explains patiently.

nicole.jpg
We don't worship so much as follow a set of principles. We want to bring peace back to this wasteland. The world tends towards destruction, so we try to make a difference.
vd.jpg
How?
todd.jpg
....Oh, hippies. I thought they'd be the first to die out.
nicole.jpg
We try to remind people why the Great War happened in the first place. And help insure it won't ever happen again.
vd.jpg
Have you been successful at all?
todd.jpg
Judging from the amount of ass-kicking required to end the mutant threat...with a helpful dosage of eye-gouging punches, they pretty much amount to an epic fail.
nicole.jpg
We never give up hope. We never will, even though most live by the gun these days. And we are concerned with the Children of the Cathedral.
vd.jpg
What about them?
nicole.jpg
They claim to want peace, like us. But anyone who disagrees with them just disappears. Their Dark God is not what he seems, believe me.
vd.jpg
How do you know this?
nicole.jpg
Call it instincts. We've seen Morpheus and the Nightkin and they don't look like peace makers to us. Their hospitals and message of peace make them attractive, but we know there's evil there.
vd.jpg
Do you have any clues?
nicole.jpg
A number of our spies have seen Nightkin coming in and out of the back room of the Children's Temple. Something important is back there.
vd.jpg
Well, I'll investigate.
nicole.jpg
Good! We could use any information. Now, is there anything else you'd like to ask?
vd.jpg
Yes, there is.
nicole.jpg
Ask, and I'll answer if I can.
vd.jpg
Tell me a little history behind the Followers. Where did they start?
nicole.jpg
Far to the south, near the Great Glow. The times were hard, but we managed to survive. We realized then the Great War must never happen again.
vd.jpg
So, you started the Followers of the Apocalypse?
nicole.jpg
After my parents were killed by a marauder, *sigh* it was time the killing stopped. It's out goal to make this land the way it used to be, before the war.
vd.jpg
I'm sorry about your parents.
nicole.jpg
Thank you, I appreciate that. Now, is there anything else you needed to ask me?
vd.jpg
No thank you, I'll be going now.
nicole.jpg
We wish you all the best in the journeys ahead. Please feel free to use our base as much as you like.

todd.jpg
Can we start killing deathclaw now? These guys are so boring.
vd.jpg
They seem like a good sort, Todd. I mean, they may not have the guns to back it up, but there's plenty of followers, and they're doing good in the wasteland.
todd.jpg
Look, man. If you wish to stay amongst these guys, and be a living God of Steel, feel free, but I can't imagine you wanting to wear the T-51b while teaching kids how to say their A B Cs.
vd.jpg
Good point. I might ditch you after I'm done with this mutant business.
todd.jpg
Hah! I told you so - wait - WHAT! You're not serious, are you?
vd.jpg
Well....
todd.jpg
I'm warning you, Brian. I have the self-destruct code to the T-51b reactor!
vd.jpg
Yeah, sure. Whatever.

I walk around the great library, taking the great sight of dozens ...probably hundreds of books neatly organized on the shelves. Mostly pre-war books. It's going to take some time before mankind writes new ones...we'll have to make do with what we've got now.
03.jpg

vd.jpg
Oh, sorry. I'm Brian. Just browsing.

The young woman is dressed just like Nicole, except she's not the scholarly type. She carries a bandolier of throwing knives accompanied with a rusty knife, holstered on her right thigh.

katja.jpg
And what, may I ask, are you doing in the Boneyard?
vd.jpg
Why don't you first tell me who you are?
katja.jpg
All right, fair enough, I'm called Katja. What's it matter to you?
vd.jpg
Just looking for information. Can you help?
katja.jpg
Maybe. You definitely aren't one of those gangland shiv-shovers. What do you want?
vd.jpg
What can you tell me about your neighbours, the Blades?
katja.jpg
I've dealt with them before. They're not too bad, as far as gangs go. They have a hide-out in an old club, with some outposts. If you're careful, you might even be able to get some of them to talk.
vd.jpg
What about the Gun Runners?
katja.jpg
They used to be a real gang, but they went soft. They started setting up a deal where they trade weapons that they get from their victims or buy from the Hub. Since nobody here is up for the trip to the Hub personally, they do pretty good business, even though their prices are high.
vd.jpg
Hmmm. Tell me more about the Followers of Apocalypse. Are you a member?
katja.jpg
Hell no. They're a group of peace-preachers who live in a large library near the heart of the Boneyard. Why they haven't been wiped out yet I can't say. They are lousy combatants and have no understanding of the real world., but other than that, they are polite and educated.
vd.jpg
So, you live here?
katja.jpg
Adytum is my original home. A little too boring for me, though. It's a fenced-off and self-sufficient town in the south end of the Boneyard, but not as far as the Cathedral. We trade sometimes with the Hub.
vd.jpg
How's life in the Boneyard?
katja.jpg
Eh, the Boneyard is a pretty hostile place. I've never had the opportunity to leave, though I suppose I'd take it. Let's see...just south of here you have the Cathedral. There's some sort of cult there, but I stay away from them. Something sinister is going on there. Also, I've heard about the trading centre called the Hub, and caravans occasionally show up, but I've never been there.
vd.jpg
I don't plan to stay in this place too much longer, myself.
katja.jpg
No kidding. If you're looking for another hand, I'll sign on. Better than spending the rest of my existence in this hellhole, right?
vd.jpg
Well, I don't mind. But the desert's not much more fun.
katja.jpg
That's all right, looks like we've got a little ass-kicking to do!
vd.jpg
Well, in that case...
04.jpg

katja.jpg
What's this for?
vd.jpg
This is a Ripper. It's a micro energy cell powered machined knife that is capable of tearing apart people at close range. Better than any knives you'll find in this dump. It's like a mini-chainsaw. The stims are just insurance.
katja.jpg
Hmph. Fine. I can handle myself. Thanks, Brian.
todd.jpg
Do we even need her?
vd.jpg
I don't intend to keep her around for long though. Maybe as a guide in the Boneyard.
todd.jpg
Suit yourself. Now, can we go kill the deathclaws?!
vd.jpg
No..not yet. There's still the basement of the great library to explore.
todd.jpg
AUghhhH!
katja.jpg
Brian, I noticed you've been mumbling to yourself all this while, is something wrong?
vd.jpg
No, not really. Just thinking aloud. Let's go.

The basement is cluttered with books of all shapes and sizes, the Followers are definitely busy preserving the pre-war knowledge they could find.
05.jpg

vd.jpg
Hmmm. That's odd. Is that a ghoul in the crowd?
06.jpg

vd.jpg
Greetings to you as well. I'm called Brian. How is it that you came into the realm of the Followers?
talius.jpg
My entrance into the Followers was quite simple really. It was the Followers who rescued me from the full effects of the transformation into a heinous beast.
vd.jpg
I don't fully understand. Please, go on.
talius.jpg
Once, I was as you are now - a pure human. But, through the intervention of a Nightkin, I was taken to some place far removed from here.
vd.jpg
This sounds familiar. Please, continue.
talius.jpg
I was not of a state in which to observe what transpired. All I had known was that I awoke here and was tended by the good doctor.

FEV. Mariposa. Just like Harold. He didn't turn fully into a super mutant. Whether it was a blessing or a curse isn't quite clear.

vd.jpg
I...I'm truly sorry to hear of your predicament. I will find those who did this and remedy the situation. What is it that you do here, Talius?
talius.jpg
I am here to assist these good people in understanding the workings of the Children of the Cathedral.
vd.jpg
So you are a spy for the Children?
talius.jpg
Nay, I am no spy. Though many think as such. There is a spy within our humble abode. Yet, we are unable to ferret the spy out.
vd.jpg
Tell me what you know about this spy. Maybe I can help.
talius.jpg
I know very little. The only thing I know are that our scouts are the only ones who ever go over to the Children to spy on them. No one else is allowed because of the danger.
vd.jpg
Then it might be a scout. I will look into this.
talius.jpg
Please dispense justice upon the defouler who seeks to undermine the trust of the Followers.
vd.jpg
I shall.

Minutes later...
07.jpg

todd.jpg
Wooo, finally! Deathclaws! Let me at them!
vd.jpg
Katja, you may want to stay back a bit.
katja.jpg
Screw you, I can handle myself.
vd.jpg
Fine, just let me take the first shot.

I spot a lone deathclaw at a distance. We can take this one out.
08.jpg

vd.jpg
Let's move closer.
09.jpg

vd.jpg
Good. He didn't spot us. Get ready. I'm going to lure him over..

I draw my plasma pistol and move out of cover to squeeze a shot in.
10.jpg

Missed. But that got his attention.
11.jpg

katja.jpg
Screw this, eat my blade, critter!

Katja let her ripper out and tear at the Deathclaw.
12.jpg

Luckily, her attacks did not divert the mutated monster attention.
13.jpg

She takes full advantage of that and continues her stabbing at the creature's flank.
14.jpg

vd.jpg
Not bad. I used to cower at the sight of this bastard. But time's changed.
15.jpg

vd.jpg
I'm sorry for this.
16.jpg

The inhuman roar came out of the creature as he lost an eye instantly. I wasn't finished.
17.jpg

Blinded, the creature can only grasp at air.
18.jpg

Katja likes what she sees and continues to puncture the creature's back at her leisure.
19.jpg

A few blows later, the creature succumbs to its wounds and fall.
20.jpg

vd.jpg
Alright, let's move out. We're not trying to wipe them out.
todd.jpg
Why the hell not? Seriously, we're dominating their asses back there!
21.jpg

katja.jpg
Wait, there's something!
vd.jpg
What is it?
katja.jpg
A dead scavenger.
vd.jpg
Hmmmmm....

I step closer and search through the dead man's belongings.
22.jpg

vd.jpg
I hope these are the parts Miles is looking for.

I pocket the parts before making a dash out of the deathclaw area towards the Gun Runner's district.
23.jpg

katja.jpg
There's the pussies' hideout. Surrounded by radioactive sludge.

A lone guard stood at the sole bridge leading towards the Gun Runner's complex.
24.jpg

vd.jpg
I need to speak to your boss. It is very important.

The guard nods and instructed me to speak with Gabriel. I was allowed to cross the bridge and enter the abandoned factory.
25.jpg

vd.jpg
Man that's a lot of guns.
todd.jpg
That guy is carrying a rocket launcher, Brian. Didn't we grab one at the Mariposa?
vd.jpg
Yeah, saving it for later...
katja.jpg
These guys could actually take out Regulators if they didn't stupidly sold guns to them...pussies now prefer to be merchants than gangers.
26.jpg

vd.jpg
What is it you do here?
gabriel.jpg
We manufacture weapons and ammunitions. We've been at this for the last 30 years. But the last 10 have been hell.
vd.jpg
Why is that?
gabriel.jpg
We've stripped the area surrounding our factory of all the scrap metals that were left after the war. Now we have to rely on Adytum to supply us with raw materials.
vd.jpg
What's so bad about Adytum supplying you with your materials?
gabriel.jpg
At first it was fine. They supplied us with the raw materials, we manufactured and sold the weapons. Then 3 years ago, Zimmerman hired some mercs to help protect Adytum from the deathclaws and the odd random attack by raiders. These Regulators are cold hearted bastards and are squeezing us for all we have. We make the guns and they get rich off of it.
vd.jpg
That's rough. What would you give me to take care of the deathclaws?
gabriel.jpg
Well, if you could get rid of the deathclaws once and for all, you could name your price.
vd.jpg
I have some friends who can really use some of your weapons.
gabriel.jpg
Hmmm. You clear out the Deathclaws, all of them, and you get yourself a deal.
vd.jpg
Fine. I'll do it.
todd.jpg
YES!
katja.jpg
We're helping out the Blades? What for?
vd.jpg
Do you even like the way Regulators is running your town, Katja?
katja.jpg
Mmmm. Fair point. Would really love to rip some of them a new one with this new toy.
vd.jpg
Then let's get to work. Todd. Chems.
27.jpg

todd.jpg
Geez, you need to cut down on this shit....alright. Psycho and Buffout administered. Give'em hell.
vd.jpg
Thanks. Let's sweep them.

Our return to the deathclaw district results in an early encounter. I fired a plasma pistol at the nearest deathclaw, but failed to land a single hit.
28.jpg

todd.jpg
God, you suck so much.

At least the creature's attention is fully diverted towards me.
29.jpg

Oof. Spoke too soon.
30.jpg

31.jpg

vd.jpg
Nice hit. My turn.
32.jpg

33.jpg

todd.jpg
Incoming ! To your right!
34.jpg

vd.jpg
Shit, we better finish this one fast! Katja!
katja.jpg
I'm fucking on it!
35.jpg

The creature fell in time. Not a moment too soon, there's another pair of claws on my back.
36.jpg

37.jpg

A few punches and stabs later....
38.jpg

vd.jpg
That wasn't so bad.
todd.jpg
Brian, I've got some great news!
vd.jpg
What is it?
todd.jpg
Software upgrade man! I can assist you with targeting now - just choose a weapon type for me to augment!
39.jpg

vd.jpg
Hmmm...Energy weapons.
40.jpg

41.jpg

todd.jpg
All done! Time to try out that Plasma Rifle.
42.jpg

vd.jpg
Fine. Let's give this baby a spin.

We patrol the perimeter and found no other deathclaws except for the three dead. We check the building more thoroughly and found stairs leading to the basement.
43.jpg

vd.jpg
All dark here...can't see shit...
44.jpg

A growl greets me from the dark.

45.jpg

vd.jpg
Here kitty, kitty...

The first shot grazed the Mother Deathclaw, the second one misses it completely.

46.jpg

todd.jpg
Not my fault!
vd.jpg
I'm not blaming you. I prefer to punch them anyway.
47.jpg

The claws met fists of steel...the armor took some minor damage but it held.

48.jpg

Katja is making full use of the Ripper. Every strike seems to knock the massive creature off its feet.
49.jpg

vd.jpg
We're doing great, Katja. Keep it up!
katja.jpg
Are you kidding? I've having the best time of my life, ever!
50.jpg

The Mother Deathclaw gets knocked around, again, and again.
51.jpg

As it suffers from a death blow, in its final moments, the Mother Deathclaw gives a mournful howl as she turns her gaze at the chambers behind her. Katja's ripper silences it with a flesh-tearing roar.
52.jpg

katja.jpg
Hah, take that, creep!
vd.jpg
It was just trying to protect its nest...
53.jpg

vd.jpg
Look at all this.
todd.jpg
We should keep an egg around...for pets!
katja.jpg
No wonder they kept coming back after we killed them 'claws on the streets. They've got a whole hatchery down here!
vd.jpg
I can't really blame them for not moving away. They have a right to live too, you know. How could they have known that humans have claimed this place?
katja.jpg
Are you going to keep yapping philosophical bullshit or do I have to rip those eggs myself?
vd.jpg
You're right. It's very, very simple, isn't it?

I pull out a grenade from my pack while thinking of the time back when I fought my first deathclaw. Tycho's death, and the pure desperation I felt as blow after blow of the beast landed on my drug addled self then....nothing. There is not a single speck of hatred here. Just me...and the nest I have to exterminate. I pulled the pin. I killed their family.

54.jpg

vd.jpg
Brian...is dead.

55.jpg

todd.jpg
Did you say something, Brian?

Morkar Left

Good job! I like how you develop the narrative to fit into later.

But how was it possible to raise your energy weapons skill so fast in one lvl up? I don't remember getting 30 skillpoints either to distribute. I think it was around 15... EDIT: Nevermind, totally forgot you didn't have to spend all skillpoints at lvl up :oops:

lightbane

Arcane
Hellraiser said:
Todd gazes into the inner psyche of Brian providing us with an image of a mind going mad from exposure to the wasteland. Clearly the Overseer was right about wanting to stay inside the vault.

Well, at least if he now starts using energy weapons he no longer will have to (ab)use drugs anymore.

Majestic47

Learned
Heh..I just started watching the Fallout 2 intro narration muted cause I'm at work...when they get to the part where VD sacrificed his friends...lost much of himself, I got a little teary eyed.

Goddamn.

RK47

Patron
Good Intentions

We return to Gabriel, who sent a scout over to make sure we weren't bluffing. He was extremely happy with the result.
01.jpg

vd.jpg
I have some friends who can really use some of your weapons.
gabriel.jpg
You got it! Let your friends know they got their weapons.

The Blades get their weapons.
02.jpg

03.jpg

vd.jpg
I'd like to talk to Zimmerman first.
razor.jpg
I don't think that's a good idea, but you're welcome to try.
katja.jpg
She's right. Zimmerman's in no position to help you at all. Talking to him would only alert the Regulators of the Blades' attack. I know some folks in Adytum, they might get hurt if Zimmerman overreacts....
vd.jpg
I'll be there to make sure it doesn't happen.
katja.jpg
I hope you're right.

I return to the streets of Adytum to turn in the hydroponic farm parts to Miles, my attention was drawn to a lone woman on the streets. She's just standing there with her pistol drawn.
04.jpg

vd.jpg
Yeah, I am. Call me Brian.
lor.jpg
I'm Lorraine.
vd.jpg
Hello Lorraine, what can you tell me about your neighbourhood?
lor.jpg
Used to be a big city, called Los Angeles. But the bombs hit really hard. Now, there's just the Angel's Boneyard. We Adytowners are just trying to survive in the wreckage.
vd.jpg
Tell me more about Los Angeles.
lor.jpg
Lots of people lived here. From the hear, the survivors hid in a big place called a Vault, and came out years later. Some of them started the Regulators and then founded Adytum, while the others formed the Blades.
vd.jpg
Know anything about the Vault?
lor.jpg
Well, supposedly it was somewhere south of here, but I don't know really, I think everyone left because it was broken.
vd.jpg
Hmm. Thanks.

I bade her goodbye and return to Miles with the missing parts. He gave them a look over.
05.jpg

vd.jpg
Sure, I'll be back after he's fixed them.

Thankfully, Smitty is pretty capable.
06.jpg

07.jpg

Miles hands over some caps and stims as a token sum.

miles.jpg
If you ever get back this way, you might want to look me and Smitty up, we might be able to help you out with some adjustments to some of your equipment, Smitty can work wonders with certain weapons, and I can help out with certain sorts of armor
vd.jpg
I might do that some time. Thanks, Miles.
todd.jpg
Eh, why don't we just stop by Smitty's for an upgrade, Brian? I mean, you're holding on to some serious arsenal at the moment.
vd.jpg
Oh, alright.
08.jpg

vd.jpg
Well, I've got one right now!
smit.jpg
So you found yourself a plasma rifle! Hand it over and I'll take a look at it.

Smitty takes the plasma rifle from me, pulls out his tools and starts to tinker with it.

smit.jpg
There, I think that does it. Try that out for size.
vd.jpg
What did you do to it?
smit.jpg
Made some adjustments with the plasma bolt chamber injection. You should be able to pull off quicker shots with this beast.
vd.jpg
Thanks, Smitty.
smit.jpg
You're welcome.
09.jpg

todd.jpg
Wow, he ain't just talk boss. Give this baby a spin soon, will ya?

I glance around the figures of the Regulators in the town and nodded.

vd.jpg
Yeah, soon.

Zimmerman's closely watched by the Regulators at all time. I think I might be making a mistake by showing him the holodisk. But he needs to learn the truth.
10.jpg

11.jpg

vd.jpg
I've got something you need to hear.
12.jpg

vd.jpg
Hey, don't...

Too late. The Regulator behind the mayor drew his rifle without remorse and pulled the trigger, sending Zimmerman to the floor. Dead.

13.jpg

reg.jpg
You think you can kick us out, stranger? You're dead wrong! We're the ones with power here!
14.jpg

vd.jpg
You killed his son, and framed the Blades...for what?
reg.jpg
I don't give answers to a dead man. *He holds up his radio.* I just neutralized Zimmerman, need back up! This guy knows everything!
vd.jpg
Yeah, right.
15.jpg

16.jpg

katja.jpg
Not good.
vd.jpg
What?
katja.jpg
He got a radio transmission off...the whole Regulators will clamp down on this town *hard*.
vd.jpg
Wait, aren't they supposed to go after us...uh, I mean *me*?
katja.jpg
That's not how it works you idiot. You helped Miles and Smitty paid you back. You think the Regulators aren't aware that you're trying to win the people to your side? They'll put down any dissenters, I'm going to fight. This is my home town.
vd.jpg
Wait, Katja...

I look out the window...there's something happening...

17.jpg

vd.jpg
Them? Who are they?

A gunshot caught the Regulator on the chest. It's Lorraine.

18.jpg

I hear another gun shot from my right, I turned around and saw a citizen being put down by Regulators. A full scale riot is breaking out.
19.jpg

vd.jpg
What have I done?
todd.jpg
It's too late for regrets, Brian. I say we pull out and bring in the Blades.
vd.jpg
No, I'm responsible for this. I've got to save them.
todd.jpg
Alone?!
vd.jpg
Setting up shooting position. Todd, get the targeting assistance ready.
todd.jpg
Fuck me.
20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

todd.jpg
It's a good hit, but he's still standing.

The Regulator winced in pain and turn towards the building I'm standing in. He raised his shotgun and fired.
23.jpg

todd.jpg
Damage: Minimal.
vd.jpg
Good. Keep shooting me.

More gunshots ring out around the town. Screams of pain fill the air. Piercing at my conscience.
24.jpg

vd.jpg
Can't save them all....
25.jpg

todd.jpg
He's down!
26.jpg

Lorraine is trying her best to fend off the Regulators but there were just too many unarmed civilians to save.

27.jpg

Another gun shot....and another citizen fell.

28.jpg

vd.jpg
Bastards. FIGHT ME INSTEAD!
29.jpg

todd.jpg
Critical hit! Critical hit! Target 's face...MELTED!
30.jpg

I turn away from the horrific sight and scanned my surroundings.
vd.jpg
Can't get a clear shot, I'm moving out.
31.jpg

todd.jpg
Contact, left side. He's not attacking you.
32.jpg

vd.jpg
He will. If he wants to live a little longer.
33.jpg

It burned his shoulder, the Regulator turned around and ignored the fleeing citizen.
vd.jpg
That's it...come at me!
34.jpg

A sudden blow to the back knocked me off my feet. Looks like I've got their attention.
35.jpg

36.jpg

This pain is nothing. I've got to save more of them. I can still hear the gunshots...and they're not aimed at me!

37.jpg

vd.jpg
Out of my way!
38.jpg

39.jpg

I can see Katja just outside the alley, she's hurting bad.
vd.jpg
Kat, hang on!

Those were my last words to her as another gunshot floored her.
40.jpg

41.jpg

vd.jpg
NOOOOOOO! I'll kill you! I'll KILL YOU ALL!
reg2.jpg
Don't make promises you can't keep, tin man.
42.jpg

Gotta keep my cool. I've got to save more...not killing the ones attacking me. I bolt past them.
43.jpg

44.jpg

lor.jpg
You!
vd.jpg
Lorraine! You're still...oh god.

Too many have died.
45.jpg

lor.jpg
You started this? WHY?
vd.jpg
Look, I'm sorry - I didn't mean to...I'll help...there's still people need saving!
46.jpg

I dashed past her, I can see a fight near the farms. Miles is knocked out on the ground, as several farmers threw rocks, knives and whatever they can get their hands on against a bunch of armed Regulators. Six dead farmers on the ground is a good gauge of their success.
47.jpg

lor.jpg
Do what you have to do. But this isn't over!
48.jpg

Lorraine fired another shot at the oncoming Regulators. They're all at me. Good. I hope Lorraine don't divert their attention.
vd.jpg
Todd. I need to make a long shot.
todd.jpg
Where to?
vd.jpg
Where that tent is.
todd.jpg
It's out of range. Get closer.
vd.jpg
God damn. Miles...hang on!
49.jpg

A regulator stood over Miles' unconscious body, winding a sledgehammer back before a death blow. There's no more time...
50.jpg

I was too late.

51.jpg

vd.jpg
You son of a bitch...
52.jpg

The shot hit him on the shoulder. He got the message and started rushing towards me. If only he did that seconds earlier...

53.jpg

No time for regrets, there's another civvy to save. Gotta turn this Regulator's attention towards me.
todd.jpg
Got lock. Fire!
54.jpg

todd.jpg
Bullseye!
vd.jpg
Todd...that's ...that's...one of the farmers, isn't it?
todd.jpg
Whoops.
55.jpg

Brian, you're such a fuck up.
56.jpg

reg2.jpg
You'll be joining him soon enough, tin man.
todd.jpg
Brian, don't space out man! You didn't mean to kill him. Accidents happen. They're all over you now!
57.jpg

58.jpg

I can see Lorraine firing her 14mm pistol...I've...I can still save her.

59.jpg

I stuff the plasma rifle into my back pack and pull out a string of grenades.

60.jpg

The surviving Regulator met my power fist.

61.jpg

todd.jpg
Nice going, Brian! Behind you!
62.jpg

vd.jpg
I know.
63.jpg

Another one down...

64.jpg

Time to finish this insanity.

65.jpg

66.jpg

Still alive? Don't you know the world would be a better place without you?

67.jpg

DON'T YOU, HUH?!
68.jpg

69.jpg

It's over...

Music: Lonely Man
vd.jpg
Lorraine...I'm so. So..sorry.
lor.jpg
No, you're not.

A 14mm bullet struck my shoulder pad as soon as she said that.

vd.jpg
Wha-
70.jpg

lor.jpg
LEAVE. And don't come back.
vd.jpg
Lorraine...I...
71.jpg

lor.jpg
I SAID LEAVE. YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH.

I gave one last look at Katja's body...accepting the third bullet on my back.
72.jpg

vd.jpg
I'm sorry. I..I couldn't save you all.

There's nowhere else to go...
73.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Achievement unlocked: Brian's ultimate fuck up: He accidentally kills a whole town along with his third and final companion.

Perhaps you should have taken Miles' upgrade before starting the riot, oh well, C&C. The same thing almost happened to me, but because I was using the upgraded plasma rifle and I had all of my companions alive, only a few nameless npc died and the town was saved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom