Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Fallout - VD left, never to return. (Completed)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Man of Steel
Music: Battlefield - Dark Theme

The explosion was deafening. A white light engulfed my vision, followed with the sensation of tiny pin pricks impacting against my armored shell. I opened my eyes and saw the ceiling.
01.jpg

vd.jpg
Ughhhh....I'm...alive?
todd.jpg
BRIAN! GET UP! TAP THE SPACE BAR KEY NAO!
vd.jpg
Todd. Damage report.
todd.jpg
That robed dude took the worst of the blow. He's all over you at the moment. In bits of flesh and bones, that is.

I stared at the tiny little white fragments and red splotches on my armor and realized what had happened. I got a lucky break. I can still finish this.
vd.jpg
And the leader?
todd.jpg
Uh....you may want to get up, starting right now.
02.jpg

Our gaze met as we both rise off the floor.
vd.jpg
You kill your own men?
lou.jpg
He is...expendable.

The spinning chambers of mini-gun greeted me as I stand erect, I raised my arms to shield myself from the bullets, successfully deflecting most of the damage.
03.jpg

todd.jpg
Shit, Brian, get the fuck out of there! There's another -

Too late.
04.jpg

The second impact threw us further back. The armor withstood the impact once more.
05.jpg

vd.jpg
Todd, stims!
todd.jpg
Fuck you, Brian. Get out of there, man!
vd.jpg
Not before I take down the leader!

He's badly hurt, it shouldn't take much to bring him down before he could use stims of his own. I formed a sharp tip with my power fist and thrust it at his eye.
06.jpg

vd.jpg
Are you expendable, as well?

With a loud POCK! His red monocle shatters, my finger piercing all the way to the brain.
07.jpg

I withdrew my finger with a sickening crack...his skull's shattered from the forceful entry and nonchalant exit.
08.jpg

todd.jpg
Oh, man. That is *sick*!

The creature howled in pain...dropping his weapon to the ground and clutching his fractured skull and what's left of his thinking muscles for several last moments. Trying to keep himself together....
09.jpg

...and failed. Miserably.
10.jpg

I broke him. Somewhere deep in his FEV infused body, a self-destruct signal was sent. His arms fell off its joints, blood flowed...gushing from recently opened wounds. Once drained, follows the skin tissues and the muscles...peeling him, layer by layer.
11.jpg

Leaving nothing but a bloodied husk on the floor.
12.jpg

13.jpg

todd.jpg
I'd love to congratulate you on a job well done, Brian but there's still a mini gun and rocket launcher aimed at you!

Another gun fire deflected.
14.jpg

A blast knocks me off my feet.
15.jpg

More stims are injected to keep me going, I used my remaining strength to duck behind the wall.
16.jpg

Without a clear line of sight, the attacks ceased, and I can recover while I wait for the opportunity to strike.
17.jpg

Now.
18.jpg

19.jpg

The blow knocks the mutant unconscious. Perfect opportunity to disarm him!
20.jpg

21.jpg

vd.jpg
You're harmless without these rockets.

I return to my cover and wait for the other to approach.
22.jpg

The fool obliged, and I popped his mole.
23.jpg

He dies instantly. And his still-living comrade regained consciousness.
24.jpg

Minus his rocket launcher, of course. He swings his fist anyway, succeeding in giving me a few slight bruises, but nothing threatening.
25.jpg

Once I've finished defending from his puny attacks, I start my own.
26.jpg

The mutant caught a clean blow to his eyes, the pain was too much, and his last vision was the tip of my finger pressing against his left eye ball.
27.jpg

I take a deep breath. Smells like...victory.
todd.jpg
It looks like...we're clear boss.
vd.jpg
Hah....hah....good. Phase one of Operation Majestic Decadence completed.

lightbane

Arcane
Fallout's over-the-top deaths were impressive for its time, back when I played it dozens of years ago (especially the "bosses").

Archaeon

Scholar
lightbane said:
Fallout's over-the-top deaths were impressive for its time, back when I played it dozens of years ago (especially the "bosses").

True. Especially the flamethrower dance of death which me and my friends called the Rain Dance :lol:

RK47

Patron
Archaeon said:
what... only this..? MORE NOW!

i got back from wedding last night....horrible stuff. I'll avoid them whenever I can. Killed my whole free time.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
What did you think of the Lieutenant's death?

Cool or too over the top?

Majestic47

Learned
It was fine. Kinda unexpected. I never remember it was that brutal. Hahah. He just....disintegrated.

Black

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
What did you think of the Lieutenant's death?

Cool or too over the top?

Cool and over the top.
He's a boss, kind of, he deserves special death animations.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Majestic47 said:
It was fine. Kinda unexpected. I never remember it was that brutal. Hahah. He just....disintegrated.
Since he was more intelligent than most mutants, I guess he must have been a vault dweller once.

However, since he broke down so badly after being killed, he must have been a terribly botched early prototype of the first FEV experiments of the Master that he was talking about. We do hear that FEV had 1/6 success. So the Lieutenant could easily have been a near miss.

RK47

Patron
Man of Steel 2

I fished through the remains of the mutant leader.
01.jpg

vd.jpg
A holo-disk. This looks important. Todd, download the data from this disk and see what it's got.
todd.jpg
Eh, I don't know what it's for Brian. Just a bunch of codes.
vd.jpg
That's fine. I don't expect much from you.
todd.jpg
Thanks for the compliment, Brian.
vd.jpg
That wasn't...ah..never mind.

Examining the tattered robes confirmed that it was indeed the Cathedral's trademark. It's clear that the next step after blowing this installation sky-high is to bring down the cult, along with its leaders.
02.jpg

I rummaged through the nearby locker, finding some highly advanced electronic lockpicks, as well as a strange looking key.
03.jpg

vd.jpg
Todd. Any idea how to escape?
todd.jpg
I'm very busy, Brian.
vd.jpg
Doing what?
todd.jpg
I'm burning every moment in this installation into my data storage, man. I'm planning to do something big with it.
vd.jpg
Like what?
todd.jpg
I'm going to code a game based on our adventures. It's going to have the smartest AI and killer animation. It'll be so cool that you'll even forget that you're playing a game.
vd.jpg
That's nice, Todd. But you never even recorded conversations...
todd.jpg
Blah blah blah. Who needs to talk? Show me some action, Brian. Don't you have a base full of mutants to blow up?
vd.jpg
Fine.

A red forcefield blocks my path.
04.jpg

vd.jpg
I wonder if I could shut it down...damn...no dice.
todd.jpg
Brian, it's weak enough for you to pass through. Quit being a pussy and do it.
05.jpg

vd.jpg
Fuck. It hurts.
todd.jpg
I never said it won't. You passed anyway...I detected a high computer activity behind this door...
vd.jpg
Let's find out.
It wasn't locked. Scores of robes-clad technicians greeted me. When they recognized that I was an intruder, they froze in shock.
06.jpg

vd.jpg
What is this place?
07.jpg

None dare speak a word. Each of them were paralyzed with fear, not daring to attack nor flee.
todd.jpg
Pussies. I say we torture one till they talk.
vd.jpg
I'm here to shut down this operation. Is this where you create the mutants? Speak, I've killed the mutant leader!

The man suddenly screamed like he was in severe pain...His eyes grew wide as his fingers trembled. I figured that he was having a nervous breakdown but...
08.jpg

todd.jpg
Extreme. I'm going to replay that shit over and over again when I'm defragging my storage drive.
vd.jpg
What the fuck just happened? How did he die? There was no explosives!

I stared at the cultist nearest to the mess and he also self-destructed in the same manner.
09.jpg

vd.jpg
Time to bring down this madhouse. Those vats....must be the stuff where Richard Grey, Harold's friend fell into...

I get to work on the main terminal.
10.jpg

vd.jpg
Todd, get me access.
todd.jpg
Hmph. Done.
vd.jpg
Download all the logs to the PipBoy unit. And display security codes.
11.jpg

Lines of numbers appeared on screen.
12.jpg

vd.jpg
What am I looking at, Todd?
todd.jpg
Errr. Numbers?
vd.jpg
What do these numbers me- Sigh. Never mind, let me get to work.

With slight difficulty I hack into the source code, slowly decrypting the true system functions tied to each code.
13.jpg

todd.jpg
....Brian, what the fuck do you think you're doing?
vd.jpg
Setting this place to blow.
todd.jpg
In THREE minutes? Are you crazy? Do you know how many mutants are there in this place?
vd.jpg
It's all the time we've got. Done. Everyone, get out if you want to live.
14.jpg

vd.jpg
Steel be with you, motherfuckers.

I drove my fist into the console screen. Ensuring no one will be able to cancel the countdown. Time to get out of this mad house.
15.jpg

I passed by some kind of a holding cell.
16.jpg

vd.jpg
I'm not a prisoner.
17.jpg

vd.jpg
Look, there's no time. The place's going to-...never mind.
I decide not to bother, there is no alert whatsoever, she'll probably raise an alarm if I persist.

My stealthy approach lasted a few seconds past the cells, a lone mutant guard fired his laser rifle at me as I turn round a corner.
18.jpg

todd.jpg
Brian. 277 seconds. Don't even fucking fight him.
vd.jpg
I know.
19.jpg

I ran past him, he follows in pursuit, no doubt the alarm will be raised momentarily. I ran until I felt a sharp shock on my feet...and through my whole body.
20.jpg

vd.jpg
Shit, the floor's trapped.
todd.jpg
Fucking A, that's the least of your worry if you don't make it out in 267 seconds!

Another mutant, this time with plasma rifle.
21.jpg

He scored a good hit. Burning through the armor.
vd.jpg
Todd, is the psycho still working?
todd.jpg
I'm injecting stims, but fuck..there's no known defense against plasma.

A laser bolt streaked from behind me, barely missing....and striking the plasma shooter instead. Lucky me.
22.jpg

More footsteps from the hallway in front...shitstorm rising. I landed a few good punches at the plasma-toting mutant, but he's still standing.
23.jpg

A second laser bolt struck the mutant by mistake and killed him.
24.jpg

todd.jpg
Fuck yes! Get out to the elevator! 242 seconds left!

A laser bolt caught my back...but it merely scratched the armor's paint.
25.jpg

The elevator is my goal, but trouble is just around the corner...
26.jpg

27.jpg

Not taking chances...
28.jpg

29.jpg

todd.jpg
Stop fucking around man, the elevator is just RIGHT THERE.

I looked at the red forcefield and gambled that the bullets/rockets can possibly pass through completely.

vd.jpg
Sounds like a good idea.
30.jpg

vd.jpg
Ugh!
31.jpg

The hulking mutant halted their fire as I passed through the red forcefield. Looks like I was right. The minigunner attempts to cross the field as I jammed the elevator call button.
32.jpg

todd.jpg
......Pwned.
A burning smell spread throughout the hall. With a loud ding, the elevator doors opened. Just in time~!
33.jpg

34.jpg

todd.jpg
222 seconds...
vd.jpg
Plenty of time..
35.jpg

vd.jpg
Hngghhh.
36.jpg

vd.jpg
Fuck. Droids.
37.jpg

vd.jpg
Todd, can I pass through the green field?
todd.jpg
No....
vd.jpg
Means I gotta punch the droids first.
38.jpg

vd.jpg
Problem solved. OK. How do I get through?
todd.jpg
179 seconds. Mess with the emitter, that should temporarily disrupt the forcefield.

I pick up the droid scraps and stuff it on the beam emitter circuity. The forcefield fizzled for a few seconds, enough for me to get through.
39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

todd.jpg
I can see the exit from here...166 seconds....

Emitter disrupted, home...
42.jpg

Whoops.
43.jpg

vd.jpg
No time to play with you guys, see you!
44.jpg

todd.jpg
They've got a rocket launcher!
45.jpg

vd.jpg
Shi-
46.jpg

The impact knocks me off my feet. I'm still alive, but the internal injuries are getting to me.
47.jpg

todd.jpg
It held, keep moving. Just a little bit further!

The minigunner holds his trigger. The bullets bounces off my armored back, I pressed onward.
48.jpg

49.jpg

A second rocket launched, I dodged it at the last minute.
50.jpg

vd.jpg
Up yours, buddy!
51.jpg

I never felt happier seeing the sunlight again. But I'm still in the blast radius, final yards...
52.jpg

The laser bolt grazed my feet for minor damage.
todd.jpg
148 seconds!
vd.jpg
Enough time for me to kick his ass.
53.jpg

54.jpg

One punch, and he's out. I couldn't even be bothered to loot him. There's two more guards out on the field. One a distance away...
55.jpg

And the other stood at the guard house.
56.jpg

vd.jpg
Out of my way.
57.jpg

One decisive blow and the way is clear!
58.jpg

59.jpg

vd.jpg
Made it!

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

Mission accomplished.

:salute:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The best part of the mission he just did is that there is a dozen ways of doing it.

And you can finish it even at level 3-4 early in the game. Of course, you'd have to ignore the fight in that case.

Did you take all the loot from the lockers in the Lieutenant's place?

laclongquan

Arcane
Like a true action-hero James Bond. And extremely lucky, too. You should have been blown into smithereens once or twice in the last floor.

I'm feeling the urge to play Fallout 2. Lucky boxer this time... We shall see.

Morkar Left

I don't remember this prisoner. Can anything else than say hello/goodbye be done via dialogue or otherwise ?

I only know that she's complaining that you killed one of the two supermutants in the floor and don't want to talk to you because of this. She's probably already brainwashed for the cause and waiting for her transformation.

Morkar said:
I only know that she's complaining that you killed one of the two supermutants in the floor and don't want to talk to you because of this. She's probably already brainwashed for the cause and waiting for her transformation.
She will call her mutant boyfriend if you try to rescue her.

RK47

Patron
Wyrmlord said:
The best part of the mission he just did is that there is a dozen ways of doing it.

And you can finish it even at level 3-4 early in the game. Of course, you'd have to ignore the fight in that case.

Did you take all the loot from the lockers in the Lieutenant's place?

I only took the interesting looking stuff. I was overloaded, my loot out of the whole base was a ripper, a rocket launcher with several rockets. I really have no more space for anything else.

I wish they wouldn't pause the timer when using inventory. Heheh. That would make decision making much harder when you're on timer. And yes, the first time I played this game I just walked around the northwest wasteland looking for that green circle, while farming mutant patrols for EXP. Compared to that, this is much more faster and easier to pull off.

RK47

Patron
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Damn, no cool logs from Maxson and Grey?

:decline:

That said, nice destroying of the Vats!

Do you have time reading the logs during a 3 minute countdown? :smug:
I've downloaded it to the PipBoy but will cover it later...

Since updating it on another post would bump it to next page, I decide to just edit this post to make use of the one update per thread page policy. Sorry if it seems short, I'm having a very slow Monday. And kinda hooked with DC Universe Online. :lol: I really need to get in the groove, but it's hard when all you can think about in the bus is whacking the next mole with your big hammer while shouting "FOR HONOURBLADE!" in Metropolis.

Brotherhood: Origins
vd.jpg
Todd, radiation check.
todd.jpg
Meh, minimal. It should be safe to approach.
vd.jpg
OK, let's take a closer look and survey the damage.
01.jpg

vd.jpg
Looks good. No one's coming out of that place for a long, long time.
todd.jpg
I wouldn't be too sure, Brian. Maybe it'd be hard coming out from inside, but what about from the OUTside?
vd.jpg
You know, Todd. Sometimes, I think somewhere, ...deep inside that blabber circuit of yours, you do have that spark of intelligence in you.
todd.jpg
Thanks for the compliment, boss.
vd.jpg
Yeah, it'll take a while for anyone to dig through this, but I reckon not many know this place existed. Maybe just the Brotherhood after I report it. And the Vault records once I upload the mission debriefing.
todd.jpg
So, what now?
vd.jpg
Let's head back to the bunker. I need to think. *Checks coordinates on his PipBoy* This is going to be a long trip...

Days later...
02.jpg

todd.jpg
I've got movement, Brian.
vd.jpg
What is it?
todd.jpg
I...uh...I don't know...looks like a Brahmin, only skinnier.
03.jpg

vd.jpg
Okay. This is new. Has the FEV affected the outside life?
todd.jpg
Who cares? Punch it, Brian.
vd.jpg
Where's the eye ball on this thing?
todd.jpg
Eh...right...there.
04.jpg

I swung at the biomass and felt the flesh tearing off. The creature recoils in pain, yet still alive. The pack looks enraged and crawls at me. The closest one gets a free bite on my right arm.
05.jpg

vd.jpg
Go ahead, bunch up you freaks...
06.jpg

vd.jpg
Let fly.
07.jpg

The creatures are tougher than they look. A few more grenades detonated, yet the bites continue to sting.
08.jpg

vd.jpg
Have another!
09.jpg

10.jpg

Looks like those grenades softened them up a bit. I start tearing them apart with my power fist. The squishing sound and flying pieces of flesh fill the air.
todd.jpg
Goddamn, those are so cool! I'mma record this for my video game!
11.jpg

vd.jpg
There goes another one!

I tore one head free, watching the creature succumb to the pain and bled to death.
12.jpg

The last one fared no better, its head snapped backward, its eyes permanently punched in.
13.jpg

vd.jpg
Todd, check my radiation levels.
todd.jpg
Man, you are like a black cock tearing up some eastern european you-know-what.
vd.jpg
...The fuck?
todd.jpg
Never mind. You're clean. Let's leave this mess behind, shall we?

I eye the puddle of non-living biomass and cursed how late I was in blowing the base up. There must've been hundreds of them out there...and the mutant army, too. Some of them must've survived.
14.jpg

vd.jpg
I'm gonna need a nice shower after this.

Thankfully, the rest of the return trip was uneventful.
15.jpg

I report the aftermath to Maxson, who together with me bring the good news to the Council.
16.jpg

Later, in the privacy of Maxson's office...
vd.jpg
I"m not done yet, Maxson. The Cathedral is behind this. I saw their technicians working in the compound. What do you know about them?
17.jpg

vd.jpg
Boneyard? What can you tell me about that town?
18.jpg

vd.jpg
Alright, thanks. I'm gonna need a shower.
max.jpg
We've reserved a quarters for you at level 2, son. Take a rest, you've earned it. Once you take down the Cathedral, leave the mutant hunting to us.

Later...
18a.jpg

vd.jpg
Knight, definitely.
18b.jpg

18c.jpg

vd.jpg
No, not at all.
18d.jpg

18e.jpg

todd.jpg
Goddamn, I thought he'd never leave...
vd2.jpg
Whatever, I'm going to shower. While I do so, why don't you play the audio logs we've recovered from Mariposa?
todd.jpg
Fine.
19.jpg

todd.jpg
This is some sick shit, Brian.
vd2.jpg
Keep going.
20.jpg

vd2.jpg
...Richard Grey was...is...alive?
todd.jpg
You know him?
vd2.jpg
No. Not exactly. *Steps out of the shower and puts on his jumpsuit.*
21.jpg

vd2.jpg
...Grey, what have you done?
22.jpg

vd2.jpg
He was so close to ending it, too. Damn mad scientists syndrome. I'm going to stop him. *Puts on the power armor.*
todd.jpg
There's another log...not Richard Grey, but...uh...Maxson's.
vd.jpg
Huh? You're shitting me.
todd.jpg
Listen and weep.
23.jpg

vd.jpg
This isn't the same Maxson. This...the Glow. They must've relocated from the Glow to Mariposa.
24.jpg

vd.jpg
*Sigh*...'It' happened.
25.jpg

vd.jpg
Y'know, I always thought the Brotherhood came from the Glow. Guess I was wrong. Time to confirm this with the High Elder.
26.jpg

vd.jpg
Tell me about the Exodus.
27.jpg

vd.jpg
I see. I've rested enough. High Elder, I take my leave.
max.jpg
Give them hell, son.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom