Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Fallout - VD left, never to return. (Completed)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Mutant patrols give very little XP relative to the effort of killing them.

Just 1650-2000 XP for eliminating five mutants and two floaters, some of them with rocket launchers and miniguns? Wow.

Killing two deathclaws is easier.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Finally got some use use out of Tell Me About.

Getting very close to the end. I've enjoyed this LP but I'm also already looking forward to RK47's treatment of Skyrim.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Brother None said:

Getting very close to the end. I've enjoyed this LP but I'm also already looking forward to RK47's treatment of Skyrim.
:retarded:
I am NOT LP-ing Skyrim. New Vegas taught me what a piece of shit that engine was for narrative purposes. No fucking way I'll have enough patience to hope for random radiant AI not to fuck up and reload when it doesn't. This sand-box like FPS are better played, than told about, to get the full of level of its majesty, no?

Morkar Left

Brother None said:

After looking up the possible keywords in the fallout wiki I have to say there is a lot more than I thought while playing it.

RK47

Patron
Terrible. Tried Dead Money. I give up. Video LPs are better.

The Boneyard

I make a stop at the Hub en route to the Boneyard. Trading away surplus gear and retrieve the plasma rifle I left at the Far Go Traders, as well as buying some small power cells.
01.jpg

The trip to the Boneyard did not take long, and was uneventful, aside from some minor rat diplomacy.
02.jpg

Days later, I arrive at the Boneyard, also known as Adytum by the locals.
03.jpg

Armed guards greeted me upon arrival.
04.jpg

vd.jpg
I'd like to enter.
05.jpg

todd.jpg
Well, that was unfriendly.
vd.jpg
This place has that...oppressive aura about it. Let's chat up with the locals. I don't see the Cathedral around.

06.jpg

vd.jpg
Nice shop. What's your name?
07.jpg

vd.jpg
I'd like to buy something.
08.jpg

vd.jpg
Can I ask you a few questions? Where did you get all of your shop equipment?
09.jpg

vd.jpg
I see. What do you make here?
10.jpg

vd.jpg
Can you make guns and bullets?
11.jpg

vd.jpg
I see, thanks. I'll see you around, Smitty.

I visit another secluded tent.
12.jpg

vd.jpg
I'm getting to know the people of Adytum.
13.jpg

vd.jpg
Yeah, I noticed.
14.jpg

vd.jpg
Things do seem a little quiet around here.
15.jpg

vd.jpg
Ah, so that's what they call themselves. And you're okay with this?
16.jpg

vd.jpg
You do not seem to agree with what they do.
17.jpg

vd.jpg
I don't necessarily agree with that view, but can understand it. Do you mind giving me some advice?
18.jpg

todd.jpg
The fuck is he doing?
19.jpg

20.jpg

vd.jpg
That's...very interesting. Hmm. Thanks for the advice.
todd.jpg
Oooooh. Creepy. I smell a boss fight, soon.

I surveyed their farm. The Boneyard is generally self sufficient, their blacksmith is more than capable of manufacturing some goods. But who takes care of the farm?
21.jpg

22.jpg

vd.jpg
That smock makes you look like a scientist. What are you studying?
23.jpg

vd.jpg
Where do you get the sulfur, potassium nitrate, and other chemicals?
24.jpg

25.jpg

vd.jpg
So you supply Adytum with bullets.
26.jpg

vd.jpg
But the Hub merchants make a profit off you and the town.
27.jpg

vd.jpg
I could try to get the parts to fix the hydroponics farms.
28.jpg

vd.jpg
Sammael? Oh..just across the tent? Okay. See you around, Miles.

I pushed aside the tent's flaps and speak to the youth within.
29.jpg

vd.jpg
I'm Brian.
sam.jpg
The pleasure's mine. I'm called Sammael.
vd.jpg
What do you do here?
sam.jpg
I'm a Scav...a scavenger. My job is to search out all of the Boneyard for useful items and information. Dangerous work.
vd.jpg
Why is scavenging so dangerous?
todd.jpg
I'm guessing he had to kill people for it.
sam.jpg
Well, you got the Deathclaws out here, and then you got the Regulators back here in Adytum.
vd.jpg
Wait, ..deathclaws?

He nods.
sam.jpg
Both ain't the most forgiving types.
todd.jpg
That is such a cool name, man. I can't wait to witness you kill one.
vd.jpg
Have you scouted out any of the other areas?
sam.jpg
I've done a little scouting. What do you want to know about?
vd.jpg
Tell me about the deathclaws.
sam.jpg
They're mean as hell, and like nothing more than to rip a poor Scav's heart out. I've heard there's a nest of them somewhere to the east of the Blades, but I haven't seen it myself.
vd.jpg
I'll be sure to avoid them. What can you tell me about the Cathedral?
sam.jpg
The Children of the Cathedral are based out of a big church a ways to the south of here. There are some strange things going on there. I've seen creatures that can't be human coming in and out of there. And if the stories are right, the church is built over an old Vault, which Adytum's predecessors lived in.
vd.jpg
Another Vault? That must be where Grey is hiding. Listen, Sammael, I'm helping Miles with the missing parts to the hydroponics farm, where can I find those?
sam.jpg
I sent a guy out last week to look for some parts, and we haven't heard from him since. The last transmission I got from him was that he'd found the parts, and was on his way back.
vd.jpg
Damn. Gotta assume the worst. I'll try to get it for you.
sam.jpg
No pressure, Brian.

It's time to pay Zimmerman a visit. His house is probably the largest in the whole town. He is flanked by a Regulator at all time.
30.jpg

vd.jpg
Who are you?
zim.jpg
I am Jon Zimmerman, mayor of Adytum. What's it to you?
vd.jpg
Your guards said you had a job for me.
zim.jpg
I might...Have you ever dealt with a vicious murdering band of thieves before?
vd.jpg
I've dealt with a few.
todd.jpg
I like where this is going.
zim.jpg
Good, then you know how ruthless and bloodthirsty they can be. The Blades are the worst of them all, I'm afraid. We're a humble, god fearing town that is only trying to survive, and these..these..monsters...prey on us...and our children.
vd.jpg
Why don't you get your guards to do something about them?
zim.jpg
Well, the Regulators keep them from attacking us outright, but it's all they can do to keep our little community safe. They try to sneak in at night to kill our citizens, or to, to kidnap our children...and..

He stops a moment to compose himself before continuing.

zim.jpg
Just last week, one of them burst through the north gate in the middle of the night with dynamite strapped to his body to blow up the Regulator's Barracks...no doubt to weaken us enough so that they could launch a full scale attack.
todd.jpg
Fucking suicide bombers, man. Brian, let's kick their asses!
vd.jpg
What happened to him?
zim.jpg
Luckily the Regulators killed him before he could complete his plans. I saw his body myself.
vd.jpg
So you didn't actually see this guy run into your town with dynamite strapped to his body?
zim.jpg
It was in the middle of the night, as I told you. I was asleep. Luckily, the Regulators usually catch these barbarians before they even make it inside our town.
vd.jpg
Yeah, that's pretty lucky. Pretty convenient, too.
todd.jpg
Jeez, Brian. What's your point?
zim.jpg
What would be convenient would be be to put an end to their foulness once and for all!
vd.jpg
How can I help?
zim.jpg
I'll give you 2000 caps to kill their leader! I want that bitch's head!
vd.jpg
You seem to have something personal.
zim.jpg
She had my son kidnapped, tortured and killed. They left him impaled on a post right outside the gates!
vd.jpg
Those sick bastards...I'll take the job.
zim.jpg
Thank the gods. Finally, my son shall be avenged. The Blades camp is to the north of here. Come back when you've done the job.
todd.jpg
Wow. We're going in with guns blazing, right? These punks will never stand a chance!
vd.jpg
No, Todd. Something's fishy. I don't doubt the old man's son is dead, but the circumstances are a little suspect.
todd.jpg
Stop using complicated words, just where's the problem? Punch their faces in and we're done.
vd.jpg
I'm saying the Blades may not be behind this, after all. I can't prove it yet...but Boneyard seems to have monsters in all shapes and sizes, with the Cathedral, Deathclaws...and Regulators.

Long pause.

todd.jpg
Oh.

Majestic47

Learned
Oh yeah, I just tried running Fallout 2 on Windows 7...Gog Version..It's uh...colors are slightly off, wtf. Will retry and see what's up - maybe it's just my workplace PC. Oh, never mind the 16 bit colors option on the High Resolution patch fixed it. Nice...

RK47

Patron
spekkio said:
So, the adventures of Brian M. Itsoda will continue?

:yeah:

Uh...I died in the Temple of Trials. I mean...well, it completely sucked. I didn't powergame and got punished for it. Seriously wtf. If you tag anything else but Speech, Steal or Unarmed...prepare to reload when the trial guy punch you in the face.

Black

Arcane
Stop whining, I'm watching a blind FO1 LP of a guy who tagged speech, barter and science, has 3 luck and 3 strength and tagged jinxed and he manages to move onwards.
That's like, apowergaming.

Cassidy

Arcane
RK47 said:
spekkio said:
So, the adventures of Brian M. Itsoda will continue?

:yeah:

Uh...I died in the Temple of Trials.

Nigga plz. There is no twitchy action gaming, no forcing yourself to play without using the game mechanics of popamole shit it was designed for, no constant self-rage while playing it because you feel its gameplay is total shit and because of crappy bugs, no shit console port controls and you still managed to die in the tutorial by ants and mini-radscorpions that have far less action points unless you totally gimp your character?

I'm handing you the crown of "Lulziest dying in a tutorial moment", wear it with pride.

:M

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Yeah yeah, you can play smart all you want but did you seriously expect to smooth talk the trial guy while punching him in the face ? Even with steal tagged it makes no sense. FFS.

Majestic47

Learned
No. I didn't want to fight him, but I did not tag Speech. Unarmed. Nor steal to pick the key and avoid combat.

Here's a short LP -
01.jpg

Tag Skill: Melee, Outdoorsman, Sneak. Basically....uh...a desert ranger.

02.jpg

Made it till the end with 26 HP. Ants were completely avoided. Only some manage to harm me. A few persisted to the final chamber. I dispatch them easily with my spear. But then...

03.jpg

04.jpg

Looks like we failed Speech check. But must we fight unarmed? I tagged melee, you know!
05.jpg

06.jpg

An important lesson? Like what?

07.jpg

08.jpg

Fuck.

09.jpg

This game's too hard. I'm out. :(

Morkar Left

Stop pussying out because you want to play skyrim! ;)

There should be healing powder in the pots in the temple and I managed last weekend to beat him unarmed without it having tagged and had the skill reduced because I was "gifted". Receiving criticals are kept out in the temple btw. It's annoying but you should be able to beat him.

laclongquan

Arcane
You got healing powders right? Why not exhale them into his face before battle, wait a bit until the -PE effect kicked in, then fight? Or use the Scorpion Tail on him? Though I am not sure about the tails.

EDIT: I used to play females, with half of them time tag Sex Appeal, or high CHA, so I guess I talked him out of it easier.

EDITY EDIT: Have you tried moving to his back and hit his neck? I remember that although the game doesnt reflect higher hit ratio for that, its actual effect do exist

Majestic47

Learned
Those are...unorthodox ideas, lac. I'll try them next time. I'll try to get this LP update going before Skyrim consumes me.

Majestic47

Learned
Ahhhh bored at work. Let's update it a bit with the batch images I uploaded to my dropbox account. Warning: Writing quality may be hampered due to multiple alt-tabs and such. I did do a short write-up yesterday, but when the boss walked past...I accidentally hit my Alt-F4 by instinct, swallowed my update....oh how I raged.

The Blades of Adytum

I stand in front of the dusty Blades stronghold, expecting to find a camp filled with menacing gangs toting razor sharp machetes and punks that had to be put down.
01.jpg

There were none. A lone middle-aged man waved at my approach. No hostility in his eyes.
02.jpg

vd.jpg
Who are you?
03.jpg

vd.jpg
What kind of stuff do you teach them?
todd.jpg
He teaches them suicide bombing, what else? Keep your distance, Brian.
04.jpg

vd.jpg
Do you think you could teach me anything?
05.jpg

vd.jpg
Alright, can I ask you something else?
06.jpg

vd.jpg
What can you tell me about the Blades?
07.jpg

todd.jpg
What a load of...
vd.jpg
Thanks for the info.
todd.jpg
Brian you shouldn't spend so much time with these guys.
vd.jpg
Why not?
todd.jpg
It makes you weak. They'll influence you, and before you know it, you'll be walking back to the Boneyard and start killing Regulators for them.
vd.jpg
Look, I'm inclined to believe Zimmerman's son was killed. But not by these guys.
todd.jpg
But the dead body, tied to the pole?
vd.jpg
I don't see any bodies here. Everything's relatively clean. No sign of violence.
todd.jpg
Fine, you go play your 'dialogue mini games' while I develop my game. Tell me when the fists fly.
vd.jpg
You do that.

I moved inside. A couple is sweeping the floor diligently with a make-shift broom. Definitely a deadly killing instrument. I approach, hoping to gain more information.
08.jpg

vd.jpg
Who are you?
09.jpg

vd.jpg
Can you tell me a little bit about the Boneyard?
10.jpg

11.jpg

I quickly update the PipBoy map with the Cathedral's location

vd.jpg
Thanks. Why do you all live here? Why not with the Regulators?
12.jpg

13.jpg

vd.jpg
Thanks for the information.

I better talk with this Razor. So far...none of the Blades are the violent sort. But if that's the case, who killed Zimmerman's kid? I walk past the hallway and stopped when I notice a row of Nuka Cola bottles on the floor. I look up and notice the owner staring at me.
14.jpg

vd.jpg
What's with the Nuka-Cola?
15.jpg

vd.jpg
Is that all? That doesn't seem to help anyone that much.
16.jpg

vd.jpg
How much of that stuff do you drink?
17.jpg

vd.jpg
Okay. I'll leave you to your cola. See you.

I walk past the strange man and finally found Razor's office. No armed gunmen around her. This should be straightforward.
18.jpg

vd.jpg
Are you the leader of this gang?
19.jpg

vd.jpg
Oh. Zimmerman sent me.
20.jpg

vd.jpg
To pay you back for killing his son.

Her eyes bulged out of her sockets immediately. She made no motion to reach for her weapon, but I can sense she's about to burst in rage.

21.jpg

vd.jpg
Uh...who are you going to send to hell?
22.jpg

vd.jpg
Why would the Regulators kill Zimmerman's son?
23.jpg

24.jpg

vd.jpg
They killed him? What did he do?
25.jpg

26.jpg

vd.jpg
Why haven't you given this to Josh's father?
27.jpg

vd.jpg
Maybe don't I give him the disk?
28.jpg

vd.jpg
Sure. Anything to help.
29.jpg

vd.jpg
Well, where are these Gun Runners? Why don't you get some weapons from them?
30.jpg

vd.jpg
Okay, give me the holodisk, and I'll go talk to the Gun Runners before I approach Zimmerman.
31.jpg

vd.jpg
Wish me luck. Todd.
todd.jpg
WHAT? I'm busy making children unkillable in my game!
vd.jpg
Why would you- oh, never mind. Read this holo-disk.
todd.jpg
Fine!
32.jpg

vd.jpg
Regulators...
todd.jpg
Bah! It's fake!
vd.jpg
Regulators are meant to regulate the law. But what happens if the law isn't fair? Who regulates the Regulators?
todd.jpg
Brian, you so gullible!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom