Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play: Oblivion - Shiverwinter Islepeaks

St. Toxic

Arcane
Just adding that I really appretiate funzies of this thread. Thanks AJB. Rest of you, carry on.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
tehRPness said:
This thread made me relive the horrors of the fetching quests and pain that was the dungeons of Oblivion. OP is a horrible person.

This bump made me relive the horrors of forcing myself through Shiverblubber Islandlands to satiate Codexian schadenfreude. Poster is a horrible person.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Admiral jimbob said:
This bump made me relive the horrors of forcing myself through Shiverblubber Islandlands to satiate Codexian schadenfreude.
You may have forgotten, but we remember Jimbob. We will always remember your honorable sacrifice.

NEVAR FORGET! :salute:

DraQ

Arcane
I still find it hilarious that SI looks just so fucking *inspired* and *imaginative* when compared with vanilla oblivious.

Apparently the contrast is everything - after encounter with oblivious playing SI felt genuinely good.

Esquilax

Arcane
For a website that constantly talks about how shitty Oblivion is, you guys sure as fuck manage to play it a whole bunch.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you haven't noticed before, we are also a troll website prestigious magazine.

Vibalist

Arcane
Esquilax said:
For a website that constantly talks about how shitty Oblivion is, you guys sure as fuck manage to play it a whole bunch.

I can't speak for others than myself, but I think most people here put maybe 10 or 15 hours into Oblivion, had enough and then quit. If that.
We're not judging the game from the point of view of someone who has played it to death, but rather someone who has had casual experience with it, seen a lot of screenshots and watched some gameplay videos and afterwards deemed it the trash that it is.

The only exception here is obviously Jimbob, but that's because he made a sacrifice so the rest of us could laugh at, and rage at, the game.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
tehRPness said:
This thread made me relive the horrors of the fetching quests and pain that was the dungeons of Oblivion. OP is a horrible person.

This bump made me relive the horrors of forcing myself through Shiverblubber Islandlands to satiate Codexian schadenfreude. Poster is a horrible person.

You are a horrible person, Jimbob.

For not LPing Skyrim for us.

lightbane

Arcane
Worry not, baronjohn will only do the main quest, there are plenty of sidequests to show. And the inevitable DLCs.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
If there ends up being a path to side with the nationalists and drive out the foreign scum I might give an Anders Breivik LP a go. No promises, not sure if I'll be able to tolerate the game long enough to manage a single update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom