Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play StarDrive - StarDrive Closed Beta keys

tiagocc0

Arcane
It seems having excess production will give me more money so I will leave the governor as Research World.

EDIT: There is also nothing I can build right now on the planet.

tiagocc0

Arcane
I hadn't noticed but I started with a combat ship too. So I sent it to explore.

My scout arrived at the nearest star, but it seems it found trouble.
3_More_Trouble.png.jpg

It seems there are three ships guarding a planet, I redirected my combat ship there and told my scout to carry to another star.
1_Scout_Found_Trouble.png.jpg

While I wasn't looking my scout found trouble on the other star too and I think I lost it, poor thing, you just brought me headache.
I haven't found any screen where I can check my ships. The line that tells where the ship is headed is also very thin and I can barely see it, so I cleaned my monitor and closed the window. It's a bit better now.

2_Trouble.png.jpg

Now I know why someone else would use production at the start, to build more scout ships!

tiagocc0

Arcane
My combat ship just arrived that first star, but instead of 3 ships now I see 5, 2 of them are heavy stuff too.
Since I won't save and load the game I will retreat for now.

It seems I got my first goal, to kill those suckers!
1_TooMany.png

My research just finished, since I have a governor it already started building. Since I have production in stock it seems it's building even if the production slider is at zero.
2_ResearchDone_AutoBuild.png

My ship went back to combat.. I should have clicked a button to tell it to not engage in combat, I lost it.
So ships will just ignore your orders if they are automated to engage combat. Damn.

3_WaitWhat.png

tiagocc0

Arcane
If I change how much I tax people it will affect production/research/food instead of happiness.
So by charging less I will actually produce more.

Destroid

Arcane
Love those graphics. Is there tactical combat?

Looks like their design is very heavily based on MoO2.

tiagocc0

Arcane
So I made more scouts, 6 of them and sent to auto explore.
It was very fast to build all of them, I had no visual indication that they were built, no warnings, don't know about any sound because I can't hear anything, I have two monitors and I leave the other for my son to watch cartoons, which are usually very noise.
1_MakingScouts.png

Just found some little fur things, but it seems that the alien is that big thing in the background.
2_Aliens.png

More aliens!
3_MoreAliens.png

So here's is the starmap, talking with one of them it seems there is another alien nearby, those bear things.
4_StarMap.png

tiagocc0

Arcane
I found another alien, such a beauty!
1_AnotherAlien.png

Damn, they deceived me, they are butt ugly! But they accept a trade agreement with me, nice!
2_Damn_They_Are_Not_Beatiful_Trade.png

So I finished researching Scientific Foundations, so now I have buildings that give more production and more research. It's weapon research time!
3_ResearchWeapons.png
After that those beautiful-ugly aliens offered me a non-agression pact, the other races are mocking me because I have no fleet.
I will research magnetic weapons twice and armor once before I build my fleet. Other weapons would take too much time to research right now and I need a fleet as fast as possible.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Pardon me if instead of an image it appears a link, just reload the page that the picture will show up instead, I usually correct it right after I post.

tiagocc0

Arcane
I colonized another planet in my system, I was holding that colony ship to another planet but I can't find any, I'm also earning money even with no tax because of the trade agreement with the beautiful-ugly thing.
It seems there is a tomb there, but I don't know how to check it.
1_PlanetColonized.png
Someone stole my money!
2_TheyStoleMe.png
So I will hire a spy, and send him to training.
3_TimeToHireASpy_SendToTraining.png
I built a freighter with heavy weapons, it seems you have to put engine, warp engine, power core, armor, internal armor, shields(don't have yet), cockpit and power cells to accumulate power.
Things near the power core will automatically have energy, if it is too far away you need to build a power conduit near it.
4_MakingAShip.png
I traded a tech with those aliens that like me.
Found those aggresive races, yikes!
5_NewAlien.png
6_NewAlien_2.png
Pirates! Scum of Space! I didn't pay them, those rascals..
7_FoundSomething.png
Got Shields, but they take too much space, I will need bigger ships and then bigger shields!
8_GotShield_NeedBiggerShips.png
My agent returned from training, looks like he got two levels, nice, I will leave him to defend my empire!
9_AgentGotTwoLevels.png
Oh, just found the ship list and also I can make fleets now, it's inside the shipyard screen.. tsc tsc tsc
10_FoundShipList.png
11_FleetList.png
Now those aggressive races want my techs, oh no you won't have them! Found another alien.
12_OhNoesTheyWantTech.png
13_NewAlien3.png
14_OhNoesTheyWantTech_2.png
I just produced lots of ships, my home planet got 21 production points, my biggest ship costs around 60.
From the diplomacy screen I'm number two in military power now.
It seems they have started a war between themselves too, nice!
15_ProducingLotsOfShips.png
Now I will make a fleet and attack the nearest star where they have that nice Terran planet, I want it for me!
How is it so far? Boy, it does take time to upload all these images. ;)

tiagocc0

Arcane
It seems I can build a fleet of ships I own or ships that needs to be built, so they will probably build them automatically for me.

tiagocc0

Arcane
I don't think so, they gave just 5 this time.
But it seems they are about to have it on steam and those who pre-order will be able to participate in the open beta.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Another event, damn shouldn' have sent a ship.
1_AnotherEvent_LooksFamiliar.png

2_AnotherEvent_LooksFamiliar_2.png

Oh, hello there you puny humans! I will crush you!
3_FoundHumans.png

Hyperspace Flux? Sounds familiar, I was about to reach that star. But it came just in time..
4_HyperspaceFlux.png

Those furry things want my neck.
5_LetsGetThem.png

Let's Attack!
6_WarNeverChanges.png

Damn, another one wants my neck too! Retreat, let's save our homeworld!
7_RetreatRetreat.png

This isn't looking good at all, those white guys are number one in military power.
8_DoesntLookGood.png

They got my planet, so quick? What is that thing over there?
WTF? Ancient thing? It's ten times more powerful than anything I've seen, maybe more.
9_TheyGotMyPlanetWhatIsThisThing.png

Damn, I never stood a chance. It was my fate to die the moment their got that ship.
I hate those imbalanced events!

tiagocc0

Arcane
Well, it seems I died prematurely because someone likes to have ancient powerful ships lying around in space.
This is the reason I stopped playing distant worlds.

EDIT: But this is just a beta, let's hope they remove it or leave it for mid-end game.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Okay, next time will be them ;)

Are they supposed to be like Darloks? They are even called Drayloks.
:rpgcodex:

tiagocc0

Arcane
Here is their stats, it seems everyone will want to make trade agreements with me.
It also seems the very reason why they were the only one to trade with me last game.
10_1_Drayloks_Stats.png

Just started but I can already see some suckers on the nearest star.
If it is like the last game they must be guarding a very good planet, so I need to gather force to kill them fast and capture that planet ASAP.
10_2_JustStarted.png

I will take some rest now, thanks guys.
Expect more later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom