Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play System Shock (blind)! (Update #4 uploaded!)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Yeah, I know. Tossed the portable version aside and paid a visit to abandonia. With dosbox, dgvesa, the mouselook mod and a whole lot of fiddling with settings the game now runs like a dream.

All thanks to this LP making me look it up once more. :salute:

Looking forward to more btw. Playing it through and recognising the places the LP visits is more fun than I had imagined.

drexciya

Augur
Trash said:
Yeah, I know. Tossed the portable version aside and paid a visit to abandonia. With dosbox, dgvesa, the mouselook mod and a whole lot of fiddling with settings the game now runs like a dream.

All thanks to this LP making me look it up once more. :salute:

Looking forward to more btw. Playing it through and recognising the places the LP visits is more fun than I had imagined.
The portable version doesn't really work for me either. I do have some problems getting it to run in Dosbox as well however. Audio/Video no problem, but mouse behavior is a pain. In Windowed mode I get an extremely slow mouse and in full screen mode it's all over the place.

What settings did you use for the mouse to work properly?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
In dosbox I changed sensitivity to 150. I downloaded dgvoodoo and the mouselook mod. The mouselook mod has its own config file named xcyb.cfg which you can edit with notepad. I changed these settings:

set hmousemul 1
set vmousemul 1

set mlook_hsens 100
set mlook_vsens 50

Games runs like a dream with them.

Luzur

Good Sir
spekkio said:
Yeah. An ancient type of Real Media Audio FTW... :lol:

its been some 10 years since i last played the game, so i dont remember much of the audio logs, which is why hearing them again would be nice.

also, in the reactor room i threw a grenade and ran as fast as i could, that way you have enough time to get past the cyborgs spawning and can sit in a corner and snipe them.

Peter

Arcane
Luzur said:
I REFUSE TO TRANSCRIBE THIS. YOU HAVE TO HEAR THE TERRIBAD AUDIO.

I AM SORRY, BUT NOTHING ON MY COMPUTER CAN OPEN THOSE FILES. NOT EVEN VLC.

THAT'S A SHAME, BECAUSE THEY WORK ON VLC FOR ME. AND I'M NOT GONNA RECORD AND UPLOAD THAT SHIT, SO DEAL WITH IT.

:(

:salute:

Cassidy

Arcane
Peter said:
Luzur said:

THAT'S A SHAME, BECAUSE THEY WORK ON VLC FOR ME. AND I'M NOT GONNA RECORD AND UPLOAD THAT SHIT, SO DEAL WITH IT.

WILL YOU RECORD AND UPLOAD THEM IF MY LITHUANIAN FRIEND MAKES A VISIT TO YOUR HOME?

Peter

Arcane
BRO I AM PRACTICALLY LITHUANIAN MYSELF, SO THAT DOES NOT FRIGHTEN ME.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Strange, I started CD version myself and can't find Sparq Beam in the starting Medical Bay. Also can't find flechette on the reactor level. Maybe my memory is cloudy.

GeneralSamov

Prophet
As I understand it, the sparq is more of a random loot, as for the flechette, I found one
on a dead corpse in a room in the NW part of the map, which you enter through a "shielded door" (one of those with the radiation symbol on it) where there are 2 cyber assassins and a grating, on the other side of which there's the corridor you reach after going through the room, where the lights go off and a party of cyborgs ambush you from several rooms hidden behind the walls, and going down a repulsor thingie with the "safety override access" designation
, and another one
in the 50% gravity room with 5 or 6 zero-g mutants

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
GeneralSamov said:
As I understand it, the sparq is more of a random loot,
Oh, got it.
GeneralSamov said:
in the 50% gravity room with 5 or 6 zero-g mutants
I remebered this place, but can't remember how to climb to upper tunnel. I bringed crate and with a lucky jump made it.

Luzur

Good Sir
Peter said:
Luzur said:

NO SWEAT BROS, I FOUND ALL THE EMAILS ON YOUTUBE. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom