Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Tyranny, a classic old-school cRPG -- Blind LP -- Make Terratus Great Again!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Re: albino

Re: alliance

Breaking it looks tempting as hell but the dialogue option for it is completely retarded - it's a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum. Also they DID cover our back, which makes it even more absurd. So I say no break.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
We are lawkeepers, not oathbreakers. No betrayal.

If we get the chance to humiliate Eb first, or even (joy!) provoke her to a fight, kill her. If not... maybe we can have her along and force her to watch as we turn all of her dreams to ashes.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Trump IRL has his Deplorables, HHR should have his Disfavoured. No betrayal.

And I would be for keeping Eb, though only because death would be too sweet a release for that awful character.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Chapter 12: A Meteoric Rise, A Devastating Fall

The Vendrien Guard has been defeated. Trump basks in the glow of his victory as the enemy leaders, Tarkis Arri and the Tidecaster mage Eb, kneel at his feet.

Just then, Erenyos and several Disfavored soldiers enter Ascension Hall, having successfully thwarted the Scarlet Chorus attempt to interfere with our assault.

uwgDX0X.png

Trump takes a moment to consider the situation. He has succeeded in a few days where the Archons failed for months, once again proving his status as the true God Emperor. No one here deserves to be called his equal.

Still, Trump chooses to let the Disfavored share in his achievement, showing that his greatness is matched only by his humility and generosity.

KYgmvlx.png
I am honored to have had a hand in the glory.

G4kuYIu.png
It is the Disfavored who should be honored. You've been with us from start to finish of this long conquest -- from the Gates of Judgment to this, our very moment of victory. Thank you, HRH Donald J. Trump, for all that you have given the legion.

The good news is we're just getting started, baby.

HhagGoR.png
May pox take your children.

Pipe down over there, Hillary. No one likes a sore loser.

Anyway, it's time to make this thing official.

meXARbF.png

KYgmvlx.png
I lay claim to Ascension Hall, let us be free of this Edict.

A burst of energy hits the room as the Edict's magic disperses.

XcCCZy8.png

Suddenly, the entire structure begins buzzing with energy, and everyone in the room is teleported away. An instant later, we appear on top of the Spire, which has seemingly come alive.

DvCE4an.png

OmeQBJQ.png

zf6lmwZ.png

No one is sure what just happened or what we should do next, but Trump wants to make it clear that we expect to be compensated with a hefty share of the spoils. Starting with the Spire we're currently standing on.

RNE7Vyu.png

KYgmvlx.png
I hereby claim this place. This is now an extension of Tunon's Court, and all combatants must leave.

Erenyos has no objection to our claim, and agrees to help convince Graven Ashe to go along with it as well.

The only problem is, we appear to be stuck on top of the Spire, with no clear means of travelling down.

xkxw6Gk.png

Well, I guess the glowing blue portal is one potential option, but Trump has a better idea. One that will deliver the message with the utmost haste.

KYgmvlx.png
[Points to Arri] We hand her a note. The parchment will survive the impact.

Yc6kWD7.png
I had my reservations about getting involved with you Fatebinder, but this puts them all to rest. I couldn't be more pleased to stand at your side right now.

Hope you're taking notes, Barik.

Arri is understandably upset, but let's face it -- there are a lot worse ways that this could've ended for her, and she wouldn't hesitate to do the same to Trump if the situation was reversed.

FT5pOvG.png

KYgmvlx.png
[To Lantry] Take a dictation, please.

kAiYrXK.png
If you so require it. I'll spare you the comment about wishing my work made an impact.

Making an impact, he says. Well played, scribe. :smug:

mzpSvOo.png

Don't worry Eb, your turn is coming.

KYgmvlx.png
[Tucks the note in Arri's gauntlet.]

Trump takes a deep breath to savor this moment. It's not every day you get to Sparta kick a mortal enemy off the top of a mile-high building.

Q5riCLA.png

LPGViBq.png

ebqTsgB.png

y0HOyBQ.png

Fhxt5C5.png

gL4EryB.jpg

Overwhelmed with fear, Eb throws herself at the God Emperor's feet and begs to be spared his divine wrath.

qMBkj0M.png

XszYHra.png

She's singing a much different tune than the last time we met, and it's quite lovely.

Trump is prepared to put Eb to death just like Arri, but pauses a moment to indulge her shameless groveling.

KYgmvlx.png
Why would I possibly trust you?

IYCA7cQ.png
Because I'm all out of reasons to fight you. The Vendrien Guard and the School of Tides are no more... leaving me with no loyalties or ties to... well, anyone.

She goes on.

IYCA7cQ.png
And we must all bow to Kyros' minions eventually, right? I would die before swearing fealty to the Voices of Nerat, and Graven Ashe would kill me in a heartbeat. If I am to serve anyone in this new order, it should and must be the Archon of Justice, and you are the only servant of Tunon I can think to ask.

Not to mention this servant of Tunon is about three seconds away from tossing your ass off this tower.

KYgmvlx.png
If I let you live, I'll regret it, won't I?

It sounds like he's almost talking to himself more than Eb, but she interjects.

IYCA7cQ.png
My fighting days are over. If you let me go, I'm gone -- gone from this battle, gone from the Tiers. I'll never harm another servant of Kyros for the rest of my hermit life.

No doubt she would love for it to be that easy!

KYgmvlx.png
My mercy has a price.

IYCA7cQ.png
What will stay your hand if not my service? Is it wealth you desire -- I have plenty stashed throughout the Tiers -- I can lead you to it.

Getting warmer.

KYgmvlx.png
I want the knowledge of the Tidecasters.

G1eY95c.png

If she is willing to make a deal with the devil, then who are we to refuse?

KYgmvlx.png
Then swear fealty to me.

EbmKJ6C.png

Defeated, demoralized, and enslaved. Eb may have managed to save her skin, but her soul belongs to Trump.

With that, the game goes into another series of narrative slides.

2MY4pGp.png

7E2nVHq.png

0AZ8S0f.png

nLKLbZa.png

QXotIZk.png

8ZJLnBw.png

0u6nVC9.png

CJFIjgc.png

You'd think based on that slideshow that there would be at least a small time skip, but we return to find ourselves still on top of the Spire.

lLR8fl6.png

Erenyos asks Trump to pay a vist to Ashe once he's reported back to Tunon. But before she can leave, the portal to Ascension Hall closes. Now we really are stuck.

However, there's some palpable energy emanating from the nearby sculpture.

TbUswdH.png

Upon touching it, Trump feels himself getting attuned to the Spire's energy, and sees visions of other spires across the Tiers -- particularly one at Lethian's Crossing, which is giving off vibes that it has somehow been corrupted. We see a vision of an inner sanctum bathed in light, with an arcane symbol marking the floor.

With that, the vision ends and we return to the here and now. The portal reopens and Erenyos makes her departure.

Before we wrap this up, I will cover a few new mechanics we've unlocked. First is that Trump now has a mysterious "Power" meter on his character sheet. No idea what it means.

KlWYLiO.png

We've also unlocked the Spire menu, which has a couple of different tabs. The first is for managing upgrades, both to this spire and the ones we'll presumably discover in the future.

Oa3QOgP.png

The second is for Edicts that are currently ongoing in the Tiers. So far there are three.

JK8QWVt.png

VFwD0J3.png

wtkWqqB.png

Finally, we have the requisite sheets for Eb, our new addition to the party. She's a pretty powerful spellcaster, able to wield Frost, Shock, and another magic called Gravelight which has some good techniques. I'll probably slot her in place of Lantry or Verse, both of whom are underperforming.

wtayUBs.png

5CsNn1K.png

And with that, Act One of the story draws to a close and Act Two begins, starting us off with a couple of quests.

zdFY1Sr.png

nJVUoFe.png

First up we'll be paying a visit to our boss, Tunon, to report on the events so far. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
Have to chime in on the Leonidas cosplay, marvelous.

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Chapter 13: The Court of Autism

With the Mountain Spire now under Trump's control, we ride the portal back down to find that Ascension Hall is now draped in our banners, and an arcane sigil illuminates the floor.

m0HtLwQ.png

The exterior of the fort has also been redecorated.

VKPxPpY.png

But other than a few loot containers, there's not much else to see or do at our new home. Before heading out, Trump takes a moment to check in with each of the companions to see how they feel about the preceding events.

Verse says her loyalty is to Trump and makes the unexpected revelation that she and Barik are half-siblings. Neither of them seems to be too concerned about it on the surface, but it does explain why Barik bristled when Ashe suggested putting her to death.

Lantry says he is just happy to be this close to history in the making. We learn a bit more about his past, which is unremarkable except for his claim that he is quite old -- 84 years of age. He also makes good on his promise to teach Trump about healing magic, and gives us a Sigil of Life so we can craft healing spells.

Eb also teaches us about Gravelight magic, which derives from and is named after Terratus Grave, one of the world's two moons. We also get a Sigil of Terratus from her so we can craft Gravelight spells.

Barik asks for permission to appear before Tunon and petition to be freed from his armor. This creates a quest entry in the journal, which indicates that it's probably not going to be so easy as just getting Tunon's approval.

All right, time to head for the Bastard City and figure out where we stand with Tunon.

49tjv8E.png

X19oZVW.png

Tunon's Court is draped in exactly the kind of pomp and splendor you'd expect. Nobles and petitioners fill the room.

YHPCqWj.png

At the base of Tunon's pulpit, small groups of Disfavored and Scarlet Chorus have gathered to prosecute their cases regarding the events that occurred in the Tiers.

FKMArpo.png

Tunon's in the middle of dressing them down once we reach earshot.

k9SOKuJ.png

Each side accuses the other of lying, but Tunon is having none of it.

UtArtlB.png

Bleden Mark is a name we've heard a few times now. He holds the title of Archon of Shadows, and is Kyros' most feared assassin and enforcer.

Tunon turns his attention to Trump. No time has been allotted for exchanging pleasantries.

7mtFdlp.png

A1i8JTN.png
The Archons could not agree on who should lead the siege and descended into accusations of treachery -- it seemed a mutual spat.

The army representatives try to jump in again, but Tunon cuts them off.

q1pnP8E.png
The Fatebinder presents testimony. I warn you both against speaking out of turn. Something more than a mere disagreement unraveled this campaign, but I will return to that in time.

He continues.

HpaZmQK.png

A1i8JTN.png
I claimed the Citadel with a small unit of Disfavored.

fEYAf7H.png

Best not to directly accuse Nerat of treason in a public forum without proof. And besides, we didn't learn he was secretly helping the Vendrien Guard until after the battle had already started.

A1i8JTN.png
The siege called for tactics and planning, not raw numbers.

Tunon pauses to think for a moment.

EGeXOyh.png

A1i8JTN.png
I have told you all that I know.

Well, not really. There's a lot more that could be said about this actually, but the game's not giving us a chance.

q1pnP8E.png
Your testimony is accepted by the Court. The statements of our guests raise questions in my mind. There is much about this campaign that has caused me to wonder...

But I guess that will have to wait, because he abruptly switches gears.

q1pnP8E.png
A shipment of iron weapons was short on arrival. Where coveted iron is concerned, I don't believe it to be a clerical error.

We get a new quest item in our inventory.

q1pnP8E.png
One of my agents recovered this seal in Echocall. It belongs to a merchant collective. Lethian's Crossing is teeming with their kind. If you would root out treachery, I would advise starting there.

And with that, Tunon wraps the public hearing, and calls Trump up to his office for a private audience.

We have gained enough XP to hit another level up. I give Trump the talent "Arcane Charge" which boosts his magic skills when he uses the Thrust ability, and reduces the target's magic defense.

eT3U94k.png

Trump climbs the stairs to Tunon's throne room to continue debriefing.

YLfqS5s.png

A1i8JTN.png
I agree, Your Honor.

q1pnP8E.png
Our allies squabble while our enemies regroup. It falls upon the Court to measure the extent of the damage, and to execute the agents of disorder. I suspect that treachery, negligence, disunity, and greed have infected one or both of our esteemed allies. Until you are instructed otherwise, this matter is the Court's primary focus.

IWG7VLl.png

A1i8JTN.png
I will make this my mission, Your Honor.

It seems obvious that Nerat is the troublemaker, to the point where hopefully the writers were aware of this and thought to put in a few twists and turns to make things interesting.

Tunon continues.

q1pnP8E.png
As always, you will be held accountable for what you do in the Court's name, but you are free to conduct your investigation in the manner of your choosing. You must expect lies, misdirection, and manipulation. Suffer not such obstructions of justice.

q1pnP8E.png
The Disfavored seem the logical first step in your inquiry. The legion holds you in some esteem, and Graven Ashe has shown deference to the Court in times past.

Ashe has so far been a pretty a solid dude, but Tunon offers a warning.

q1pnP8E.png
No doubt the Disfavored will be rife with accusations and 'evidence' against the Voices of Nerat. Graven Ashe is a noble man, but never underestimate his capacity for deception. A wise general succeeds by knowing when to be unreadable to the enemy.

He encourages Trump to investigate the Scarlet Chorus as well, although apparently it's now acceptable for them to be openly hostile to us despite our ostensibly neutral position as Fatebinder.

NdYYk94.png

A1i8JTN.png
I'll speak with the Archon of War.

q1pnP8E.png
Your fellow Fatebinders have been busy acting as my eyes and ears. I have a few leads for you to follow. You should of course speak with your brothers and sisters of the Court if you need further counsel.

q1pnP8E.png
Though the Disfavored were triumphant in the Blade Grave, I understand that their troubles within the region are unfinished. Talk to the Disfavored commanders serving in the Blade Grave -- perhaps they can shine some light on the origins of this feud.

q1pnP8E.png
The oathbreakers were reported to be using iron armaments -- more than they might acquire from looting what few Disfavored they killed. Any iron in the Tiers not rusted through was made by Forge-Bound hands in Lethian's Crossing. Between craftsman and quartermaster, someone let iron fall into enemy hands. Investigate this matter, and bring the thieves to justice.

Now he wants to talk about something more personal.

jLIjANt.png

A1i8JTN.png
What concerns the Court, Your Honor?

q1pnP8E.png
In spite of the many shortcomings at Vendrien's Well, you managed to make a name for yourself. You proclaimed an Edict of Kyros, resolved its demanding conditions, and ascended the Mountain Spire.

Are you trying to make us blush?

NWJ8aUF.png

A1i8JTN.png
I was only doing my job, Your Honor.

q1pnP8E.png
Your sense of obligation to your role is admirable, but modesty will not recommend you to the task ahead.

Trump's liking the sound of this...

q1pnP8E.png
Whether by design or by accident, you have captured the attention of Kyros' army and the local Tiersmen alike. This is no small opportunity, and the Court charges you with exploiting your new standing to its fullest potential.

q1pnP8E.png
You have a title in our hierarchy. However, it's a little known secret that one's standing in the world is determined by their infamy, their deeds, and how they come to be known. Mind this notion as you bring justice to this lawless frontier. There may come a time when your deeds speak for you louder than any title.

tKdaCwv.png

If Trump has only one skill in life, capturing attention is it. Tunon has certainly found the right man for the job.

A1i8JTN.png
Understood. I will be known as a champion of justice.

q1pnP8E.png
Good. It falls on us to set a new standard for these southern barbarians.

Finally, the exhausting conversation is over. Tunon might be the most dour character in the history of RPGs. He's like the lovechild of JE Sawyer and Spock.

bOB6DPM.png

Before we go, Trump also makes good on his promise to Barik. He asks Tunon if we can ask the Forge-Bound to remove Barik's armor, but the request is flatly denied.

It's time to hit the road, but on our way out, we're approached by none other than Bleden Mark, who appears before us in a quick puff of smoke.

w1fZ4hA.png

He looks like a total doofus, but given the guy's reputation, Trump's not going to say it to his face.

RdMfZHq.png

To summarize the conversation, Bleden tells Trump that because of his fantastic achievements in Vendrien's Well, he has now gained the attention of persons on high. And by attention, he means the sort that can end up getting you killed.

Trump's used to being surrounded by haters, but thanks Mark for the tip nonetheless. He's actually a pretty nice guy -- by far the least edgy of the Archons we've met so far, which is ironic given his station.

Anyway, we have a choice of heading south to Iron Hearth to reconnect with Graven Ashe, or venturing west to Lethian's Crossing to investigate the missing iron. The Crossing is considerably closer to our current location, so going there first is the logical choice.

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Chapter 14: Tangible, Solid, Beautiful, Artistic

Our next destination is Lethian's Crossing, a settlement famous for producing the iron weapons and armor that equip the Disfavored. Trump was named governor of this place back during the prologue, though it's unclear whether that's a title that he still holds.

zYbvSIg.png

On the way there, we run into another not-so-random encounter in the form of an ambush from the Bronze Brotherhood, a group of mercenaries.

8fbYuCu.png

For a simple "bandits shaking down travelers on the bridge" scenario, I can't overemphasize how long-winded this was.

First we have to watch Will, the jug-headed mook guarding the bridge, try to extort a toll from a hapless merchant. Trump uses his Fatebinder powers to rule that the Brotherhood is breaking the law by detaining travelers, but the game won't give us an option to attack.

g6uScfY.png

Then we meet Raetommon, the faggy-looking dude who leads this outfit. He strolls onto the scene bitching about how Trump kicked the Brotherhood out of Lethian's Crossing and he's not welcome in their lands.

As if this little queef could ever in his wildest dreams tell the God Emperor where he can and cannot go.

ahcBVvx.png

After clicking through literally a couple dozen dialogue boxes, we finally get the option to attack.

lAE6cJe.png

We kill the jabronis guarding the bridge, including Will who is surprisingly durable, but Raefag slips away just before the battle starts.

C165olg.png

Two more enemies are positioned to the south around a bunch of slain Disfavored, and a couple more enemies are camped out up north. Neither duo stands a chance.

Uf9VTJg.png

OS5nj1K.png

With this distraction out of the way, we're clear to proceed on to Lethian's Crossing.

The Disfavored offer us a salute at the gate.

rTAahzw.png

The first order of business is identifying the merchant's seal given to us by Tunon. There are several merchants here at the Crossing, and after asking around we meet up with a cheerful fellow called Harchiand Bronze.

RJwTjUE.png

Bronze recognizes the seal, and informs us that it is the insignia of the Hand-Over-Quill merchant company, a formerly respectable organization that has sunk into criminal endeavors. After a bit more persuasion, Bronze implicates our old pal Fifth Eye, assistant head honcho to the Scarlet Chorus, in the treasonous plot.

HenuACC.png

Having satisfied our primary objective, Trump takes an opportunity to explore the Crossing further.

First stop is the brothel, naturally...

N55xyUB.png

This is an inclusive den of iniquity, so there are whores sex workers of varying races and genders.

And on top of that, all of the whores sex workers are bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and not at all remorseful over their life decisions. Who knew that allowing strangers to violate your orifices in exchange for a few quid could be so fulfilling?

Just ask Tyrone here, for example.

fCCbEqp.png

YSeXkPd.png

:nocountryforshitposters:

We then pay a visit to the Forge, where we meet the disloyal Forge-Bound we sentenced to slavery back in the prologue..

1G4Men1.png

... and master blacksmith Lohara, another strong independent woman who is making it in a man's world.

8G3ASDO.png

Trump wants to know if Lohara will take a look at Barik's armor, but out of fear of crossing Tunon, she refuses. However, she does tell us about a rogue blacksmith serving the Voices of Nerat who might be willing to break the law.

It's our only chance to help Barik out of his predicament, but by continuing this line of inquiry we are violating a direct judgment from Tunon. It may not be worth the risk to our status and reputation to continue.

Anyway, we also have the unexpected pleasure of running into a lovely, familiar face. Why it's Sirin, the Archon of Song, a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future.

fvSq0a4.png

Sirin must be getting bored of doing mind tricks on villagers all day, because for some unknown reason she asks to join our party.

iMtHHG4.png

Let's think about that...

:killit:

And finally, we make our way into a part of the Oldwalls, with our eyes set on activating the Sunset Spire. Kyros forbids people exploring the Oldwalls, but if we want to activate the Spires then we don't have a choice.

The place has a dungeony feel to it. The Oldwalls are also known for being home to fearsome magical creatures known as the Bane, so we should be on our guard.

GTiiHtF.png

We find an inscription off to the right which reveals part of the design of an ancient rune.

pRnEHMV.png

6ANiFBj.png

Tracking back to the left, we run across a dead body with a note implicating the local Disfavored officers of sanctioning entry into the Oldwalls. This is noted in our journal as our first piece of evidence where the Disfavored broke Kyros's law.

Ibp5omU.png

ZTvanfL.png

Just ahead is a familiar sort of room with a rune carved into the floor, reminiscent of Ascension Hall.

Tyg08As.png

We need to trace the proper pattern to activate the Spire, but we still don't know the full symbol.

Tz7BGux.png

Luckily there's another imprint on the wall which gives us a clearer picture.

sAVRoe1.png

With that, Trump traces the correct design on the floor, and the portal comes to life.

2Rzdy8S.png

Just like before, we're teleported to the top of the Spire, which is now buzzing with energy.

4LaOj1y.png

Even the Spire itself is inspired by the God Emperor's divine presence.

zTOZZCs.png

Chosen One powers... engage!

ezP6goT.png

aV4AS9S.png

Unlike the Spire in Vendrien's Well, the top of this one is a clean slate, and we get to choose how we want to upgrade it.

FLQWjd5.png

The choices are...

Ni4HwjE.png

qhDPysB.png

vQacVgG.png

uVNU0Ej.png

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
GRAVEN ASHE. VOICES OF NERAT. VERSE. FIFTH EYE.

And then... there's Will. Just Will.

I am now waiting for Jim.

(and yes, I realise this could be like 'Will to live" but it still doesn't make it any less funny)

Clearly Trump needs training grounds to play golf on.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Since it sits right next to iron deposits, it'd make sense to turn it into a forge.

(I never realized the game was supposed to be set in a fantasy bronze age until I read about it somewhere. Nothing in the architecture or attitudes hints at it.)

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since it sits right next to iron deposits, it'd make sense to turn it into a forge.

(I never realized the game was supposed to be set in a fantasy bronze age until I read about it somewhere. Nothing in the architecture or attitudes hints at it.)
it looks more like early iron age, since there's mentions of it, as currency and weapons.
Though I don't know how you'd hint, other than in dialogue and available loot, that the setting is bronze age and not iron age, without copying the style of a well-know bronze age civilization like egypt or babylon

Zanzoken

Arcane
Chapter 15: The Art of the Rut-Fight-Kill

Behold -- the Donald J. Trump Divine Imperial Library!

Gqvcznj.png

The library gives us the ability to hire staff who offer training, crafting components, and research projects that can give us new items and artifacts. Having access to a Lore trainer is immediately useful, since higher Lore is the key to working more powerful magic.

DN2cJ9F.png

Trump receives another missive, this time from a fellow Fatebinder called Rhogalus. Everyone is very curious about the new superstar in their midst.

LpUHjaf.png

With the business at Lethian's Crossing resolved, Trump makes his way to Iron Hearth to reconvene with Graven Ashe.

tWMPWnI.png

The journey takes a couple days, so we get a reply from Rhogalus, as well as a new missive from another Fatebinder called Myothis.

yTKTuW5.png

r9hyjuD.png

Iron Hearth is the Disfavored's primary military encampment. It's close enough to the epicenter of the Edict of Storms that there's a constant swirl of wind of dust.

8EixK3k.png

At the center of the camp, we locate Ashe.

0fEKdcV.png

Things here are just as Tunon had indicated -- despite the awesome power of the Edict of Storms, the campaign against Stalwart has still not been won. A faction of natives calling themselves the Unbroken continue to resist the Disfavored's rule, and have even learned to use the dust storms caused by the Edict to camouflage their movements.

Therefore, Ashe feels it's now in the army's best interests to bring the Edict to its conclusion. Per the terms laid out by Kyros, the only way to do this is to kill the last of the Regents governing Stalwart, a fellow by the name of Straydus Herodin.

XC5DghX.png

There's one more wrinkle. Ashe has a daughter named Amelia who was a Disfavored commander fighting in the Stalwart campaign. She was captured during the conflict, and Ashe believes she is being held by Herodin at his stronghold, Sentinel Stand.

qARRPg5.png

As an aside, Barik has told us in the past that he was part of a mission to rescue Amelia when the Edict hit and he became trapped in his armor.

With that, Trump heads for Sentinel Stand to make an appraisal of the situation.

druXrNw.png

However, we're hit with another scripted event while en route.

UFuIzka.png

It's the first appearance of Kills-in-Shadow, a Beastwoman we can recruit as a companion.

hnGceFM.png

NsBfvBe.png

JgZeCO1.png

qsygzQe.png

Trump allows her to join the party, with the condition that she is required to say he "smells of Alpha" at least three times a day.

Anyway, upon arriving at Sentinel Stand, we're met by a Disfavored scout named Rativek.

3yNlUPE.png

Sentinel Stand sits at the eye of the Edict and is surrounded by a massive tornado which shreds anything it comes into contact with.

Thus, our mission is something of a catch-22. Killing Herodin is the only way to end the Edict, but the Edict prevents us from being able to reach him.

PXTS2Iz.png

While we're contemplating this, the party is attacked by a group of Bane.

M4NvfYu.png

93OJA72.png

The Bane have some unique elemental resistances to deal with, but otherwise they aren't much of an issue. However, these are supposedly just the baby ones.

After the battle, an Unbroken scout appears on the wall above us.

PmZaDnC.png

Trump tries to press him for answers, but he's mostly just come to antagonize us.

xQYWSLX.png

However, we notice there is a Disfavored corpse up on the rampart. Trump investigates and finds a piece of Amelia's battle standard.

9MdFNEO.png

The investigation here isn't really going anywhere, so Barik recommends we travel to a nearby fort called Duskwatch. He believes there is a Disfavored soldier being held captive there who might know something about Amelia.

FEGeKkm.png

This seems like a paper thin lead, but given that we don't really have any better options, Trump agrees to go check it out.

JK6tETs.png

Upon arrival, we're met by another Disfavored scout who leads us to the local commander, a strapping gent named Osmios.

wBFwamR.png

xQEzFUA.png

Osmios wants us to sneak inside the base, find the captive soldier, and then open the front gate from within so the Disfavored can attack.

3QEcmvd.png

For a fort that has supposedly been difficult for the Disfavored to capture, the security at this place is laughable. The outer wall has weak spots, low spots, and even a big hole for us to crawl under.

We luck out and enter right beside where the prisoner is being held. A couple of sentries attack as soon as we get inside, but no alarm is raised.

yIuagfp.png

The prisoner, Callias, is in a bit of shock, but Trump's divine presence snap him out of it.

X4AXOhe.png

However, he still refuses to leave until we've captured the fort. We manage to sneak around and open the front gate right under the guards' noses, and the battle is on.

8QBXXUL.png

iVyBUtk.png

With the element of surprise on our side, we're able to clean the place out fairly quickly.

Callias is able to confirm for us that Amelia wasn't killed in action on the day the Edict hit, and is likely being held captive within Sentinel Stand.

GZiBSl0.png

Callias also claims to have overheard that the Unbroken leader, named Mattias, is searching for an artifact that could protect against the Edict's magic and allow them to enter the castle. This is certainly relevant to our interests.

NzfMJFQ.png

The Unbroken have dispatched a significant force to an area called Rust Canyons, so that's our next lead. Osmios asks that we return to Iron Hearth to update Ashe, then head to Rust Canyons to link up with the local Disfavored garrison.

diVLUID.png

TfdSojF.png

More to come.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Chapter 16: Another Lightweight Bites the Dust

After an uneventful meeting with Ashe, we journey to Rust Canyons to continue our investigation.

tcC7ezi.png

Trump arrives on the scene to find Teodor, the local Disfavored commander, poised to execute an Unbroken prisoner.

OdA4jXa.png

I suppose the game is giving us an opportunity to intervene for humanitarian reasons, but Trump's having none of that.

Teodor executes the prisoner with a swift motion, then turns his attention to the east.

epf0LFg.png

The local enemy captain, a smart-mouthed dangerhair named Elia, retorts.

TqfvWQ0.png

We join Teodor at the Disfavored camp to the north for a briefing. The enemy is cornered and Disfavored reinforcements are on the way, but Teodor is hoping we can root out the Unbroken before they arrive so he can claim the glory.

M4Z6sGB.png

nWIO0jK.png

We also have a group of Unbroken to the south guarding some Disfavored prisoners, and Teodor recommends we start there.

On the way, we run within earshot of Elia, who takes a moment to hurl a few obscenities at Trump.

sY2Zf73.png

Ever the gentleman, Trump offers Elia a chance to surrender, but she refuses in another expletive-laden tirade. We continue south to the bridge.

PNJueoI.png

After dealing with the guards, Trump rescues the Disfavored prisoners.

hPppCM7.png

Just above the prison is an alternate entrance to the Unbroken's makeshift camp, conveniently left unguarded.

R6odMzE.png

Trump levels up and gets a passive perk increasing his Two-Handed damage.

1nrx8u6.png

The battle to take over the camp is fairly lengthy, but eventually we clear it out and confront Elia, who is proving to be quite the potty-mouth.

gce4Hsw.png

OHlkUep.png

But she flees north before we can pacify her.

RKPU6w1.png

Teodor asks Trump to track Elia down and clear the rest of the area. Curiously, the game also presents another opportunity to betray the Disfavored and strike out on our own, but we again resist the temptation.

Xq9yDyE.png

After several more combat encounters, we finally catch up with Elia, who is in a standoff with another Disfavored commander, Jacomus.

xLTL86n.png

In another incredible display of patriarchal dominance, Elia is forced to submit.

CI4j3xT.png

UiI709y.png

What was it she called us earlier? I believe it was "motherless swine fucker".

j0ZcbBW.png
[Break her fingers] Are you sure about that?

fdoN9ZO.png

:smug:

Elia confides that the Unbroken are looking for an artifact called the Steadfast Insignia, which they believe may be capable of resisting the Edict's magic. Its last known location was in the possession of a Regent of Stalwart named Aspison, who had ventured to a nearby Breach in the Oldwalls on some unknown mission.

She also gives up the location of the Unbroken commander, Mattias, who was last seen in an area called Trapper's Junction.

With that, all that's left for us here is to decide Elia's fate.

9YDkXL4.png

Trump gives her the great honor of being killed by the God Emperor's own hand, and we move on.

TOeA9vF.png

The heavy amount of combat in this area produces another Trump level up, and another 2H damage buff.

C6PEu9c.png

We're now faced with a choice. We can investigate the Oldwalls breach and try to recover the Steadfast Insignia, an artifact which could be vitally important to our mission.

HTV2V8T.png

Or we can head for Trapper's Junction in search of Mattias, the Unbroken commander. Killing him would certainly deal a blow to the resistance.

oKGroMV.png

What say you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom