Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's See Who's More Prestigious: RPG Codex or RPGWatch!

Which combat system do you prefer?

• Turn-based

• Time-based turns

• Real-time

• Real-time with Pause

• UgoIgo (copyright Chien) [I think this should be our King Comrade entry]

• I don't care, I like them all

• I don't like combat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
We're holding at about 60% for turn-based, a full 12+ points ahead of them. Plus we've had about 240 voters so far, compared to their paltry 90 -- and their poll's been up for almost two months now.

Yeah, I'm going to call this a victory for RPG Codex. Suck it Fluent, suck it Prime Junta, suck it Myrthos; you guys are INFERIOR.

You could look at the numbers your way and take a small victory, 60% TB here, 47% there.

Or you could compare TB/RTwP numbers on both polls and take a victory lap.
- Codex : 60% TB - 10% RTwP, TB is 6 times more popular. :obviously:
- Gaywatch : 47% TB - 17% RTwP, TB is not even 3 times more popular ... :shittydog:

Silly Germans

The Codex seems to have a self-esteem problem if it needs to
compare itself with RPGWatch to prove its prestigiousness.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
It's a disgrace to put the Codex name in the same sentence with RPGwatch.
What's the point to be compared with sensitive fascists who love censorship to the bone..
Plus, they don't know shit about games in general.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
What's the point to be compared with sensitive fascists who love censorship to the bone..

If RPG Watch are sensitive fascists who love censorship to the bone, then what would you call RPG.net?

I used to post on RPG Watch occasionally, but gave up on it when "your password has expired".

Last edited:

Citizen

Turn based is only good when you have a decent sized squad/party to control and there's a certain tactical depth to it, single character turn-based combat like fallout 1-2 and arcanum is even more popamole that real time twitch one or party-based RTWP

Codex has a fucking cargo cult mentality concerning the combat types, trying to pass any turn-based turd as the paragon of RPG incline, while in reality fallout-like combat is the literal MUH AWESOME BUTTON, where you just lazily click on enemies once in while to watch a cool gory death animation

People who believe combat like this is good just because it's turnbased are part of the braindead elitist cult of NPCs of the codex that would argue in favor of any piece of overrated decline garbage just to get some codex goodboy points

jac8awol

Arbiter
I regularly check out rpgwatch for news, it's the only other site I check. I used to check out gamebanshee but the moderator there absolutely hated people disagreeing with each other in the comments section, which killed anyone's engagement and interest. rpgwatch seems pretty similar, the comments I see range from mentally challenged middle of the road bland rambling to brainwaashed SJW so I've never bothered to register and get involved.

Zlaja

Arcane
I'm pretty sure I could beat up anyone on the watch.

PS: I had an account there ages ago and posted a few times during our prestigious codex invasions of that place.

Last edited:

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Imagine if every game played exactly the same. Even if it was made according to a magic formula that produces the perfect distillation of the ideal RPG. Who would want every game to play exactly the same? Surely someone here will say they want every game to be Temple of Elemental Evil, but really, no thanks. Variety is a good thing.

JDR13

Arcane
Plus, they don't know shit about games in general.

You really are a butthurt little snowflake.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Turnbased.

Regardless of the games perspective; regardless of whether there’s a party or not and whether or not I can control it fully.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That is even worst,young and decrepit...most likely retarded on top of it. Poor you.
I see that pointing out the undoubted inferiority of RTwP RPGs makes you upset, you fucking cockroach. Why should I play shit I don't like?
LoL the only inferiority of RTwP is the inability of cripples and old men to play it :smug:.

Nobody is forcing you to play anything,we are talking about different combat systems,it has nothing to do with which games you like or don't. You fucking ameba.

Devastator

Learned
Don't make me choose between my two favorite franchises with this poll :oops:

Fallout 1/2 & BG 1/2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom