Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's talk about Lacrymas' homebrew fantasy setting where paladins are eunuchs

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Artistic rendering of an arcane caster in Lacrymas homebrewed setting:

images

Funny, he looks identical to the divine caster in his setting. Weird.

Oberon

Learned
the Arcane caster who is born with the superior intellect to master his craft through the force of his individual will is fascist

the collectivist Divine caster who is granted his power through affiliation with a tyrannical, monolithic, authoritarian organization is not

No step on snek

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Artistic rendering of an arcane caster in Lacrymas homebrewed setting:

images

Is from GURPS technomancer?

Xaltotun in Hour of the Dragon.

Anyway, wizardry in fantasy varies a lot. What I like about conan is that the average caster is not a guy with point hat. Is this

IzUeTiR.png

source https://br.pinterest.com/pin/827536500272536197/

I only readed few comics, played the wow clone Nº681665116889: Conan edition(AoC) and watched the movies. I an not a huge conan fan, never read the books. But sorry for the heresy of mentioning Conan here, in the same thread of Lacrymas awful setting. And no, Lacrymas setting problem is not the lack of arcane magic. Is that they picked a holy warrior which was very iconic and popular since 2e times and bastardized it into a eunuch, I din't understood how barbarians works on his setting but an pretty sure that he also bastardized barbarians. There are a lot of interesting settings without magic. But there are zero interesting settings with eunuch paladins.

BTW, I in the Conan universe would probably end up as a slave in the worst most likely scenario or as a crazy sorcerer villain with a succubus in the best scenario.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not an awful setting, lol. Barbarians are only women who have lost a child because people in this culture think this is the only way to constantly feel the perpetual abstract anger needed for Raging.

Cael

Arcane
It's not an awful setting, lol. Barbarians are only women who have lost a child because people in this culture think this is the only way to constantly feel the perpetual abstract anger needed for Raging.
Totalitarian nation with genocidal tendencies and sjw style cancal (your life) culture, which practices slavery, apartheid and caste system, and plays to every negative stereotype out there is not an awful setting. No really.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Totalitarian nation with genocidal tendencies and sjw style cancal (your life) culture, which practices slavery, apartheid and caste system, and plays to every negative stereotype out there is not an awful setting. No really.
They never kill anyone as a punishment. There is also no slavery (at least practiced by this civilization) or caste systems.

Cael

Arcane
They never kill anyone as a punishment. There is also no slavery (at least practiced by this civilization) or caste systems.
Bwahahahahaha!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are 19 pages of you defending this shit that says you are lying.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I've never said they kill anyone as punishment or that there are slaves (the religion forbids both of these things), or a caste system. You aren't born into being a priest or anything else, everyone can in theory do that, so we can't talk about castes. Dwarves and halflings (and gnomes, but they don't differentiate between them and are only mechanically different) are born from humans and are seen as a bad omen, so they are shunned.

Cael

Arcane
I've never said they kill anyone as punishment or that there are slaves (the religion forbids both of these things), or a caste system. You aren't born into being a priest or anything else, everyone can in theory do that, so we can't talk about castes. Dwarves and halflings (and gnomes, but they don't differentiate between them and are only mechanically different) are born from humans and are seen as a bad omen, so they are shunned.
Aaaaaannnnd he contradicts himself within 2 sentences. Quite an achievement.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Dwarves and halflings aren't a "caste", it's like saying shunned lepers in the past constituted a "caste". Or mentally ill people in asylums now as a "caste".

Cael

Arcane
Dwarves and halflings aren't a "caste", it's like saying shunned lepers in the past constituted a "caste". Or mentally ill people in asylums now as a "caste".
Yes, yes, yes. Blacks in apartheid South Africa ain't a caste, either, eh?

Newsflash, boy!

===============================
You might’ve heard about the caste system in India, but there are caste systems all over the world, where people are born into a position, like having a certain kind of job, and it’s hard to change.

"Yet as we shall see in the pages that follow, racial caste systems do not require racial hostility or overt bigotry to thrive."
===============================

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's only a caste system if we take this word in the most general and vague way possible. That would mean we live in a caste system in the West now too (whites over non-whites, straights over non-straights, men over women, wealthy over poorer, etc.).

Cael

Arcane
It's only a caste system if we take this word in the most general and vague way possible. That would mean we live in a caste system in the West now too (whites over non-whites, straights over non-straights, men over women, wealthy over poorer, etc.).
Yes, yes, yes. The dictionary is wrong, you are the arbiter of all that is English. Well, heeelllllo, Oxford.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Then a caste system is virtually impossible to avoid, i.e. this criticism is pointless.

Cael

Arcane
Then a caste system is virtually impossible to avoid, i.e. this criticism is pointless.
That is merely you and your warped view of the world. Newsflash, blm tool: Not everyone lives life believing they are a perpetual victim.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Barbarians are only women who have lost a child because people in this culture think this is the only way to constantly feel the perpetual abstract anger needed for Raging.
In my setting barbarians are people who fight against bronze age "civilized" people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom