Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's talk about Lacrymas' homebrew fantasy setting where paladins are eunuchs

Yosharian

Arcane
Because they fight with unbridled savagery and techniques learned/mimicked from the orcs. There are no tribesmen at the outskirts of civilization, there are only bandit camps and orcs (for now)
Then a more appropriate name for them would be something like 'berserkers'

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Man up and just ban arcane magic by saying "I am the DM, this is my setting, and there is no arcane magic in it.", boy.

Nothing wrong with "once people got scared of mages and killed them all". Also leaves a convenient backdoor for plot hooks where someone has secretly survived.

But Lacrymas never said *that*. That'd have been neat.

mondblut

Arcane
I don't want convenient plot hooks with which to sneakily introduce arcane magic, I want to weed it out completely.

Damn! Our sneaky plans have been foiled, fellow wizards. Time to leave this thread and seek another place to build fascist magocracy. Sieg Spell!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I don't want convenient plot hooks with which to sneakily introduce arcane magic, I want to weed it out completely.

Damn! Our sneaky plans have been foiled, fellow wizards. Time to leave this thread and seek another place to build fascist magocracy. Sieg Spell!

We will find a way to open a Gate into this world, mein Erzmagierguildenmeister! The eksperimenten mit reversed critical race theory seem promising in regards to breaching the barrier. Sieg Spell!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
fascist magocracy. Sieg Spell!

No, I an very glad that Lacrymas will have no Wizards in his setting. If he made Paladins eunuchs and Barbarians woman who had a miscarriage, I wonder what he would do with Wizards... Probably make then nazi demon worshipers. Ohh wait that would be cool and he hates fun.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We will find a way to open a Gate into this world, mein Erzmagierguildenmeister! The eksperimenten mit reversed critical race theory seem promising in regards to breaching the barrier. Sieg Spell!
Gesundheit

Robert Erick

Educated
Can I join your game and play as a secret wizard? The authorities and the other party members have to find the imposter among them.

Cael

Arcane
fascist magocracy. Sieg Spell!

No, I an very glad that Lacrymas will have no Wizards in his setting. If he made Paladins eunuchs and Barbarians woman who had a miscarriage, I wonder what he would do with Wizards... Probably make then nazi demon worshipers. Ohh wait that would be cool and he hates fun.
If only it was miscarriages only. But the retarded child made it open to ANY woman who have lost a child. INCLUDING those who killed their own children.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
In my setting Wizards are actually a kind of tribespeople who are illiterate, eat with their hands and shit in the woods. But they can do magic tricks, so y'know
That's already a thing in D&D 3.x.

Dragon Magazine #344 introduced the Anagakok, an illiterate tribal Wizard that gains the Barbarian's illiteracy class feature. It's such a chad subclass that it can still scribe scrolls despite that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You never actually explained how the Orcish necromancy works, despite me asking. Is it divine or arcane?
I actually did answer that -

Now that is interesting. I am assuming clerical necromancy, as per your usual approach, but provide details anyway. Communing with ancestral ghosts, or something more physical?
It's actually druidic in nature. They bring the tissue back to some kind of imitation of life, but they can't regenerate the tissues with magic after it's dead, so yeah some of them are pretty decomposed. However, in order to control them they introduce spores of plants within the bodies. I'm still wondering whether the subject's mind should also be brought back, I don't want it to be like a resurrection. If I do that, it should be in some way terrifying/painful/tormenting for the subject in question, so it's in no way a true resurrection like nothing has happened. There is no incorporeal undead.
The reanimated dead are mostly zombies, but skeletons can be reanimated as well using a different method and it's simply a puppet. They use plants to mechanically control the skeleton (i.e. they mimick muscles)

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Heh. I have a player in my current ToA-run doing exactly that. Tortle blight druid focused on corpse reanimation with the use of spores

Lacrymas

Arcane
Heh. I have a player in my current ToA-run doing exactly that. Tortle blight druid focused on corpse reanimation with the use of spores
A Necromancer/Druid multi-class is one of my go-to characters along with the Priest/Rogue one ;p

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
You never actually explained how the Orcish necromancy works, despite me asking. Is it divine or arcane?
I actually did answer that -

My apologies, I keep being forgetful.
Your solution is very elegant. Too rarely are druidism and necromancy presented as two sides of the same coin. And the connection there is, heh, natural.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
A Necromancer/Druid multi-class is one of my go-to characters along with the Priest/Rogue one ;p

tbh his character concept was so cool I just gave him the needed spells for his druid list. it's not like he ended up overpowered in any way, anyway.

Cael

Arcane

tbh his character concept was so cool I just gave him the needed spells for his druid list. it's not like he ended up overpowered in any way, anyway.
Druid and not overpowered?

Features.png

Lacrymas

Arcane
I have special abilities that are more powerful than your entire class. Truer words have never been spoken.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Druid and not overpowered?

Features.png

In 5E? They’re a mediocre class at best.

Balance isn’t an issue at my table in general though. All players are fairly experienced and people are pretty good about maintaining group balance. Unless we’re willfully playing a game where some characters are supposed to be more powerful than others. For instance, the Witcher in our Witcher-run was build for more than twice the number of points of the average party member in that game

Lacrymas

Arcane
Druids mediocre in 5E? Moon Druids are one of the most powerful classes in the game. I literally have to rebalance a campaign when someone is playing a Moon Druid.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I guess it depends whether we’re talking the overall class or most powerful in the sense of having one build that is among the top top builds in the game. Druid is certainly op in the latter case (specifically due to moon). But as I mentioned, he’s not playing a moon Druid, and Cael responded to my comment made in that context

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom