Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lies of P - a Pinocchio-Inspired Souls-Like Game

Jinn

Arcane
I hope not every enemy in the game is a robot. Would be nice if they were able to mix in some organic opponents too.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I hope not every enemy in the game is a robot. Would be nice if they were able to mix in some organic opponents too.

I don't think that's what they're going for at all.

Jinn

Arcane
I don't think that's what they're going for at all.
Oh I know, and it's a shame. However, the tentacle-headed plague victim in the journal trailer gave me a little hope there might be something more behind the oil-spurting robots we fought in the demo.

Of upcoming souls-likes, I am much more looking forward to Lords of the Fallen. This still looks to have good potential though.

notpl

Arbiter

I have no idea what this video is supposed to be showing me. He combined a spear's handle with a rapier's blade, and the handle shrunk down to 1/10 its original size and the resulting weapon animated exactly how you would expect any from any other video game rapier. What's the point?

bataille

Arcane
To me it seemed like the hilt is gonna alter the parry/block behavior, while the blade is what affects the attacks. I suppose since there are no shields in the game (the character has a prosthetic like in sekiro), they had to come up with a way to customize the player's offhand.

cruel

Cipher

35h+ of gameplay, 30+ weapons, and - surprisingly - some C&C in the game. I think I will buy it after all. A pity that Legion Arm is underwhelming though.

Bendu

Augur
I checked in. :salute:

20230915202744_1v6e1y.jpg

ADL

Prophet
Deluxe Edition refunded. Too many games coming out for them to be pulling this shit with Denuvo. Neowiz is a pretty shitty publisher too so I have my doubts whether they'll ever remove it.

We'll see.

Jinn

Arcane
I'm interested in the game, but there are two major reasons I'm going to hold off on it: most reviews mention that the exploration and level design is fairly unremarkable, and Lords of the Fallen is coming out in a couple of weeks, which looks much better in general in terms of build variety and exploration. Will definitely check this out on sale in the future though. Very happy about there being organic enemies in it, instead of just robo-monsters.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
im interested in peoples opinions on this, I'm still loaded with games currently though, so input would be appreciated.

Ivan

Arcane
I was quite pleased with the demo. I'll definitely be checking this out when it releases on GP and share my thoughts with yall.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I would play this if it had a customizable protagonist. Don't feel like running around as a long-haired boy who looks like a Jewish girl for 40 hours.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lies of P and Steel Rising, Antz and A Bug's Life, The Illusionist and The Prestige... is this some collective unconscious stuff or what, I wonder?
Don't forget Deep Impact and Armageddon coming out at the same time too. It's not coincidence. It's companies preying off each other's marketing hype, hoping to steal some customers.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
So many mechanical shit and not even one mechanical puzzle, pathetic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom