Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters
You wouldn't have Dark Souls without UU

:lol: :lol:

There's a pretty straight line from UU > King's Field > Dark Souls.

Her AUTHORITATIVE statements are just shitposts.

I'd rather go with the theory that you are just a butthurt fag with 0 contributions. Lilura is a crazy woman. 100%. But her blog is genuinely well written. I say this as her enemy on these forums.

Boy, are you upset. I'm a forum poster. What am I supposed to contribute except posts? My contention in this thread is that Lilura is also just a poster. I agree with her a lot of the time and wish she would come back.

Her AUTHORITATIVE statements are just shitposts.
I agree with her a lot

Fake passive-aggressive bum

Where's the contradiction? Do you understand what a shitpost is? She makes categorical statements she knows are flawed, because that gets a reaction out of people. That's a shitpost, that's why she should be here to get called a retard instead of making us camp outside her castle window like we're her serenade lovers. But maybe that's the point.

Anyway, you seem obsessed with me ever since I lightly trolled you about Morrowind. I know it's cold in your country, go drink some tea or something.

Spike

Educated
https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2024/01/History-of-1990s-Computer-Games.html

Lilura1, authoritative RPG commentator:
[...] it must be stated unequivocally that, in terms of influence, id Software are the undisputed King-developer not just of the 1990s, but of all-time. [... ] I would be inclined not to place [...] any pure cRPG in the same league of historical significance as the abovementioned.
Wow, that's a doozie. The worst thing I've ever read from her.

MerchantKing

Learned
He still hasn't fixed this article in spite of Alpha Centuri not being a crpg.
lVigh9t.png

Mauman

Scholar
What the fuck? I know we joke about "what is an rpg", but like half of those are outright strategy games.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
How many pages have we racked up since Lilura left?

How many more do we need to reach before the profane ritual is completed Lilura deigns to grace us with her presence once again?

Whatever else you might think of Lilura, she is an interesting internet dweller and I prefer her to the vast unwashed hordes of so-called influencers. I wish she would come back.

MerchantKing

Learned
How many pages have we racked up since Lilura left?

How many more do we need to reach before the profane ritual is completed Lilura deigns to grace us with her presence once again?

Whatever else you might think of Lilura, she is an interesting internet dweller and I prefer her to the vast unwashed hordes of so-called influencers. I wish she would come back.
I think you should look below your post and you'll see what page we're on.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
The "PC platform", eh? Nice

The most powerful, most influencial blog, yes-yes, very powerful taste-maker, most glorious one, incredible intellect without equal, the most big intelligence, the definitive judgement in all rpgs! Master of Magic, now in the discussion! You cannot avoid it! Slam your fist on the table, cuckmaker!

I mean you need to go on like this. There is no perceived irony there, the ego just inflates incredibly, that's how it goes

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
The most powerful, most influencial blog, yes-yes, very powerful taste-maker, most glorious one, incredible intellect without equal, the most big intelligence, the definitive judgement in all rpgs!
Skaven-lilura? Gloriously insane concept. I'll take it. Bonus points, because only skaven males are sapient. Now imagine a skaven in drag. Dragon drag.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Revisited her history of 90s computer games article (which I think she may have expanded, I don't remember all this from a few weeks ago) and noticed there are quite a few big omissions. She doesn't mention big games like Myst, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Duke 3D, the first four Tomb Raider games, or Unreal. Though she covers for herself with the last sentence:

Forgive me for not having experienced every computer game on every machine world-wide during the 1990s; I only commentate on what I experienced first-hand.

Those are all games that young and present-day Lilura would have no interest in. :P

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not authoritative enough for her/him/*insert adequate pronoun ?
Myst - opaque artsy crap for normies

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight - inferior design to Doom/Quake. I didn't care for the demos as a teenager so I can see how she didn't either

Duke 3D - completely repellent aesthetic to women

Tomb Raider - likely didn't care for the design of the main character and the opaque level design (at least as far as the first game went, I played the two demos in the 90s and didn't like them)

Unreal - great graphics and sound but totally inferior enemy/weapon design to id

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
What's she up to these days? Anyone know?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom