Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of the must play games

tindrli

Arcane
i dont know bro, never played it... saw the diablo clone statement somewhere and watched trailer but it was a long time ago

deama

Prophet
2house2fly said:
Specifically I'm interested in sci-fi RPGs. I know there's Deus Ex which is cyberpunk, the Fallout games (of course) which are post-apocalyptic, Anachronox which looks like a space opera, and KOTOR2 which is definitely a space opera(and the reason I'm an Obsidian fan). Anything else?​
There's also a game called space siege, it's diablo in space.

what was the name of the boring one.. hmmm cant remmember.. the one that was like diablo but with weapons.. a city and aliens i believe... you could zoom.. just cant remmember.. will report if ...

found it.. it ws hellgate: london... but i didnt like it
I thought it's a fps and pretty bad one. the game is definately nothing like diablo apart from respauning monsters and randomly generated maps (?).
I think your thinking of alien swarm (?), it's an isomentric alien killing fps type game.

Bulba

Learned
no I'm pretty sure what hellgate london is, it's definately not isometric.

Bulba

Learned
I'm not talking about hellgate london, I'm on about an entirely different game >_>

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gldFzzVq4lc <----- this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7WnDjELf0 <----- Space siege

the first one looks like a bad version of crimsonland (suppose you could play it for the multyplayer part) and second (space siege) I would personaly insta uninstall after seening what the dev think of my mental capacity with their inbuild game compass, it just can't be good.

deama

Prophet
I'm not talking about hellgate london, I'm on about an entirely different game >_>

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gldFzzVq4lc <----- this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7WnDjELf0 <----- Space siege

the first one looks like a bad version of crimsonland (suppose you could play it for the multyplayer part) and second (space siege) I would personaly insta uninstall after seening what the dev think of my mental capacity with their inbuild game compass, it just can't be good.
Well... Space Siege was made by the guys behind Dungeon Siege.

Idk what's codex consensus on Academagia, but i adore this game, nice atmosphere plus tons of skills, quests, lore, journeys and random events. I would kill for something like this when i was a kid

laclongquan

Arcane
It will bring your machine down to the ground if you play too well, ie powergaming so you develop all skills and participate in lots of quests. Too much stats.

coming from a game with just text, some still images, "too much stats" should describe the game well.

reddir

Barely Literate
Hi everyone.

I've been away from crpgs for a while, but that itch is returning. Not knowing what is available anymore, I am asking for suggestions.

I liked Summoner 1 and 2, Legend of Legaia 2, and Skies of Arcadia. I also liked Asheron's Call when it first came out.

I like a generally fun story (Summoner 1 was a bit dark for me, but the rest of it was great), the ability to build characters in different ways and still be functional, little mini-games (I liked discovering the recipes and combat moves in Legaia), and lots of varied environments. The story itself does matter to me - I like feeling I've just played through a novel.

I'm not too critical of graphics but 8-bit is probably not enough anymore, unless the story is so engrossing that graphics just don't matter.

Thanks for any help.

reddir

Barely Literate
I just want to clarify what I mean by "fun".

I don't like games that are unforgiving. I want to enjoy the story, character interactions, discoveries, settings. Some challenge in combat and puzzles if fun; when it gets in the way of progressing in the game, it stops being fun.

p.s. I also liked Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I didn't play any of the games that you liked, so don't know what to recommend you.

After having a look at Asheron's Call, my guess is that you would enjoy Gothic or Witcher.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Fallout (obviously)
Baldur's gate (obviously)
Lands of Lore
Might & Magic 3 - 8

Those are all on the easy side when it comes to UI.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Not really. I also started with M&M 3 and haven't played the first two yet.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Edit: I decided to start with Dark Sun.

xeen_03529.png

A nice choice !

:thumbsup:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
If you're fine with the Dark Sun UI, then you can play almost anything...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom