Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List your favorite companions

pippin

my icewind dale pcs

vota DC

Augur
Reuban in Jagged Alliance Deadly Games
Pokey Minch in the first part of Earthbound, gameplay wise 100% useless but funny
Morte in Planescape Torment
Wrex and Tali in Mass Effect (but I played only with the first game)
Raul in Fallout New Vegas

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
9as2hd.jpg

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wasteland 2: Scotchmo, one of the funniest companions. Cracks me up

BG1: Xzar & Montaron obviously. Funny couple those two. But also Minsc.

Fallout1: Ian, reliable guy

SR:HK: Gobbet

Big Wrangle

Dak'kon was pretty great in Planescape Torment, especially if you decide to pursue his *knowings*

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Jagged Alliance 2: MadDog, Steroid
Many others are great as well, they all had distinct personalities without using walls of texts, just short banters, but those two are probably the funniest.

Planescape Torment: both Morte and Dakkon were cool, both had personalities and character

BG2: Jan Jansen, over the top silly but i found him funny. Possibly knowing well the actor who gave the voice in polish version added to that. Also a very useful companion being a gnome illusionist/thief.

Wizardry 8: Miles has personality but is otherwise not very useful. The ones that are actually good stat/class wise and don't have too many limits as to where they can go are rather boring though (Vi Domina, the android).

PorkBarrellGuy

Wizardry 8: Miles has personality but is otherwise not very useful. The ones that are actually good stat/class wise and don't have too many limits as to where they can go are rather boring though (Vi Domina, the android).
773efc34ed.png

Re: Wiz8: Myles is great, usefulness be damned (my other party members have that on lock anyway). Sparkle's too fucking adorable, as borderline useless as she seems to be. I like Vi, personally.

Fallout New Vegas: Raul, both Waking Cloud and Follows-Chalk, Lily, Boone just for his ability to murder shit, Cass.
Baldur's Gate: Most are pretty bland or annoying but Minsc was fun the first time I found him. Coran has great bants with other party members.
Fallout 1: All of them.
Fallout 2: All of them except Myron. And even he had his uses.

Last edited by a moderator:

oscar

Arcane
Atton Rand, Dak'Kon, Sulik, Virgil, Geoffrey Tarellond-Ashe, Arronax, Ian, Vic, Myron, Ignus, Nordom, pretty much everyone from JA2.

Citizen

Ravenloft 2's companions were nice. Liontaur (?), troll and a zombie-paladin.

Silva

Arcane
First-tier: Sulik, Morte, Dakkon.

Second-tier: Gaichu, Eileen the Crow, Pod 042 (how's that D_X ? ).

Shit-tier: Jaheira, Minsc, that cat from Persona 5.

Last edited:

buffalo bill

Arcane
Dogmeat—the only proper companion for a black leather-clad shotgun-toting post-apocalyptic adventurer. 2D only.
Worthless Mutt—love that damn dog. Fucking gnomes.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Cassidy
1) Hilarious companion. Love his bullying of Myron.
2) Fucking powerhouse of a character with guns.

Morte
1) Crazy background and extremely interesting character. Probably the best written companion I've ever seen in an RPG.
2) Pretty strong character if upgraded with past memory.

Shar-Teel
1) Surprising background and a missed opportunity. Should've been a character that was in BG: 2. NPC dialogue mod fleshes her out pretty well, though. What's not to like about a bad bitch?
2) Powerhouse of a character that's super fun to play as a dualed Fighter/Thief. Fucking chunks everyone with backstabs.

Alistair
1) Total bro. You can really mold this dude into a lot of things at the end of the game.
2) Pretty much the best tank in the game.

Anacaona
1) Absolutely amazed at the story arc if you betray her. Was never fucking expecting what happened.
2) I think she was pretty shitty at combat, but I've not played the game in a long time.

Rose of Sharon Cassidy
1) Another hilarious companion. Great history.
2) Just give her the most powerful shotgun and see her go to town.

Solaire
1) Ultimate sunbro.
2) Good at pissing off the enemy and keeping them off you. Useful against Ornstein and Smough

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom