Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah now that they saw how much a zombie game yields they aren't gonna go back to an ultra niche TB RPG. They'll prolly level up some more and do a zombie looter shooter.

Following your passion is nice, a Lamborghini is nicer.

V_K

Arcane
There's a lot to find, but the nature of the game (fixed/limited encounters) means you have to follow a pretty linear path overall.
You can actually break some sequences if you git gud.
They said they would began working on Xulima 2 once They Are Billions is fully released, I wonder if that's still the plan
At least as of last October it was.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
They are Billions sold like 50 times more copies then Xulima, I imagine they'll do the thing that actually pays the bills.

The fact is they're not good enough to make a great incline RPG which also sells a lot while they seem to be pretty good at making shitty zombie RTS tower defense appealing to the masses.

A man can't go against his own nature.

Codex Year of the Donut
modified version of the main game executable that makes the 1.5x speed(second button) make combat run at 4x speed, GOG version of the game, v2.1.1. Should work fine with the steam version too I think, as all the steam checks are in the executable. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll just make an external hook instead.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/j1txqp
I'm not responsible if it makes your computer explode :desu:
almost certain the displayed hit chances aren't correct, might look into it...

Last edited:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
While I can understand speeding Wizardry 8, even if I don't, LoX speed options seem more than adequate as is.
Reminds me of your "walking is useless in games, let's run !" diatribe. Are you that desperate to finish games ASAP ? Mortal combat "finish himing" your way through them as pies in a pie eating contest ?

Codex Year of the Donut
While I can understand speeding Wizardry 8, even if I don't, LoX speed options seem more than adequate as is.
Reminds me of your "walking is useless in games, let's run !" diatribe. Are you that desperate to finish games ASAP ? Mortal combat "finish himing" your way through them as pies in a pie eating contest ?
The first thing I know I would love is a way to make the combat animations faster.

The only bad thing I can say about the combat is the animations are too slow, even on 2x speed.

Codex Year of the Donut
I have toyed with combatspeed in the configuration file and have a couple questions.

In the game, clikcing the normal faster fastest buttons results in setting combatspeed to 1, 2, 3. I tried all the way up to 10 and it seems to work - while retaining full animations. As a side effect, the in game button is set to Normal.
<Simple name="CombatSpeed" value="10" />
results in lightning quick animations.

How does setting combat speed beyond 3 effect other than animation speed? Does it interact with status effects measures in seconds?

Also, can someone explain the mechanics of status effects expressed in seconds in turn based combat?
This actually won't work, might have at the time?
Without doing some kind of editing, the max you can set combat speed to is 200%:
Code:
DXScene.GlobalSpeed = Math.Min(2f, 1f + 0.3f * (float)(JXEngine.Configuration.CombatSpeed - 1));

T. Reich

Arcane
Having played LoX relatively recently, I can definitely say that at least some of the combat animations are excruciatingly slow, but the rest are fine as is.

I've never felt the urge to speed up walking speed, though. Unless you're aspie trying to full-clear an area of wandering troops.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Wanna replay this, but I'm not allowed. It wont run. And, I've tried some of the silly tricks like ryunning in window mode, checking langauge, doing that slimshady shit. LMAO

Codex Year of the Donut
Wanna replay this, but I'm not allowed. It wont run. And, I've tried some of the silly tricks like ryunning in window mode, checking langauge, doing that slimshady shit. LMAO
it requires .NET 4.0 to be installed, since you're a boomer I'm guessing you use windows 98 or something

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Nope. I have the net shit stored. I have updated windows. In fact, Ive seen posts recommened one go back to windows 98 to get it to work. LMAO It worked before. Ah well. I already finished it twice, and since no there's gonna be no sequel because of fukkin retartet action games, no need to get hyped over it. LMAO

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
aW7rchq.jpeg

Just finished this and had a great time. The game might be a bit too long and way too repetitive for its own sake but the good really outweighs the bad.
It rates as a solid :3.5/5: in my book so I'll probably replay it. I consider using mods this time, any particular suggestion ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom