Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anything but a goddamn rabbit.

Flipping to Tiger.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Physical abilities still matter. If you're weak, uncoordinated and you get knocked down by a stiff breeze, Mike Tyson is going to stomp the shit out of you no matter what the fuck you do (note: Tyson was also a very clever fighter as well). The Dragon-Rabbit is clumsy, smart, perceptive, and average at strength and endurance; regular Dragon is just as smart and perceptive, but significantly stronger as well. So your regular Dragon is a better bet in a fight.

It's a fair point if we're talking about physical realism, but I don't think you should compare actual boxing to a fantasy setting where people channel their internal energy in various techniques to become stronger, faster and shoot pressure waves out of their palms. Techniques matter far more than you think here. I'm not denying that the Dragon is better in a fight, or at least has more potential in combat, but to portray the Rabbit as being useless because of mediocre physical stats is just wrong.

As for the Dragon-Rabbit supporters, I think you'll need to gather at least 10 people to stand a chance of winning. Otherwise you'll just be cannibalizing the rabbit votes.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Boxer said:
yin snake rogue :(
If you chose snake to be a perceptive, charismatic and slightly unlucky dude, who manipulates people into submission with his charms, we've got a new opening just now!

Jester" said:
But if i have to chose rabbit/tiger/dragon will choose rabbit.
Jester, could you please consider the Drabbit? Otherwise tiger wins, and didn't we just do this already?

treave" said:
As for the Dragon-Rabbit supporters, I think you'll need to gather at least 10 people to stand a chance of winning. Otherwise you'll just be cannibalizing the rabbit votes.
Give us former rabbit supporters some time, will you? :) We did not know the option was on the table in the first place!

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, assuming all the Rabbiters flop, and you pick up some Dragon voters, I suspect you'll still tie with Tiger as things stand right now. But we'll see. If there's a clear winner in about six hours time I'll be able to finally close the votes.

Hmm, ice and fire. What about lightning, can we channel lightning?

Possibly. But these are all minor effects. As I said in another thread, we're not scaling up to city wrecking levels.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, assuming all the Rabbiters flop, and you pick up some Dragon voters, I suspect you'll still tie with Tiger as things stand right now. But we'll see. If there's a clear winner in about six hours time I'll be able to finally close the votes.
Unless you have to make a Tiger rabbit.

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh God.
What have I unleashed?
Possibly. But these are all minor effects. As I said in another thread, we're not scaling up to city wrecking levels.
All I really want from this are thunderfists.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Unless you have to make a Tiger rabbit.

Which would mainly be a strength trade for charisma, and then a luck boost. So, possibly a Cat, then, instead of a Tiger-Rabbit.

Achievement: 13th Zodiac animal unlocked!

Baltika9

Arcane
This is getting retadred. Why don't we just make a Chimera out of all the Zodiac signs? Everyone walks away happy, right?

Flopping to Tiger, can we please start now?

Esquilax

Arcane
Well, no. Not right now. I'm going to bed. :lol:

And when you wake up, I will have managed to convince everyone to vote for the glorious Goat-Tiger hybrid. Of course, at that point the thread will have reached 20 pages.

Baltika9

Arcane
Now, as in before this pissing contest can continue.
"Nyah, the Dragon is icky!"
"But the Rabbit has cooties!"
"You took away my rogue, screw you, TIGER!"
"Bow before the might of the Tsun-Drabbit!"
"Fuck it, I'll throw in the Goat-Tiger for the lulz. Put the suggestion here and observe from over there."

This is going down to retardo before the first chapter. Shoulda went with the Cthulhu LP, at least we can't make that setting any more insane.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Eh, I know a lost fight when I see one. But man, would it be cool if it came true.

Drabbit_by_dolphy.jpg

Nevill

Arcane
Now, that really depends on one's standing with the character, doesn't it?

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Rabbit/Drabbit, which ever is closer to winning.

Couldn't we just go one step backwards and vote on a new background? I hate you guys for voting the adjutant or the farmer.

Esquilax

Arcane
Couldn't we just go one step backwards and vote on a new background? I hate you guys for voting the adjutant or the farmer.

Fuck no, are you out your mind? 12 pages of this shit and you want more? You can't please everyone, let's just get on with things.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
On hindsight I'm really glad I didn't use seven backgrounds and add the five elements as a choice for character creation.

Tiger wins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom