Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Akkudakku

Arbiter
So we took the choices that further demonstrated our open association with the fire temple to the Orthodox sects? I suggest we ready a ball-gag for this one.
:troll:
I wanted the aquaman and tentacle healer because they could go under radar. Unfortunately Dex is retarded and they took Rob Halford...

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well yeah, but I couldn't resist.
Besides I am sure that they appreaciety MTP being tourist guide to Firecult lieutenants.

Don't worry guys we have fake mustaches and turbans

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Well yeah, but I couldn't resist.
Besides I am sure that they appreaciety MTP being tourist guide to Firecult lieutenants.

Don't worry guys we have fake mustaches and turbans
But are the turbans fake as well? Because that has to be like +1 stealth.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I am just glad that we can do our first kenjutsu moves to those beggar moves.
I guess it take a while to get used to arm.

Edit: Sorry, but Turbans are authenic...Well it depends were they done at the temple or in central plains.

Baltika9

Arcane
So we took the choices that further demonstrated our open association with the fire temple to the Orthodox sects? I suggest we ready a ball-gag for this one.
I wanted the aquaman and tentacle healer because they could go under radar. Unfortunately Dex is retarded and they took Rob Halford...
What is this heresy against the Father of Metal I'm reading?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
HERESY!!!!
Anyway, check this out

Shenjian Lingyu. (聖劍領域, Domain of the Sagely Sword) The arm of the Sword Saint appears to possess an instinct of its own when wielding a sword...

Elfberserker

Liturgist
B-but my Yunzi and mommy scenarious.
I agree that Rob Halford is badass, but I sense that Haurvati has more lulz in store.

Baltika9

Arcane
Rob's lulz will be in trolling everyone. We can pass him off as Lord Zhang's and Abbot Fangci's long-lost brother (Yang Xue banged a Persian ambassador back in his rebel days) to make Wuxing shit his pants.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Oooh, I didn't think from that angle.
Then I retract my statment and for Guardian of metal :salute:

I still gonna miss Haurvati and Yunzi conversitions.
:negative:

Lets hope that sword saint arm graps handful of that Bai Jiutian booty.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Riverside Rest

When you arrive at the meeting spot the next morning, just outside the gates of Yangzhou, Nie Wuxing eyes your entourage warily, a frown creasing his brow. He seems to be looking at Yunzi. “So, Xu Jing… you are travelling with the Holy Maiden of the Fire Cult?” he asks, rather authoritatively. In front of all of his followers he probably feels that it is required of him to have his usual airs of being the leader of the orthodox sects.

“This is extremely disreputable, even for you,” chimes in Liu Ye, the leader of Kunlun Sect. His friend, Su Cheng, agrees quickly. “Why would you bring a murderous foreign witch along with you?”

Yunzi’s face turns red in anger, preparing to retaliate with a word or two, or even perhaps a choice attack to their faces, but you wave one finger quickly in warning, causing Armaiti to hold her back. She whispers in her Holy Maiden’s ear, attempting to get the furious girl to calm down. “Many things have happened in the past few years. As it so happens, I have heard that the Fire Temple is no longer as belligerent as it once was, and I thought this was a good way to allow them to understand how peaceful the land is under the protection of the Eight Sects,” you explain.

“Is that so? Are you not merely bewitched by that foul slattern?” gestures Su Cheng angrily.

“Your mother is a slattern!” spits Yunzi vulgarly in response, and you sigh. Su Cheng takes a step forth, apparently so offended that he is willing to come to blows over it. When he realizes that no one else has come forward, however, that single step appears to be all he is willing to take.

“That is quite enough, my friends,” interrupts Nie Wuxing. “As orthodox pugilists we must demonstrate restraint and mercy. Just be careful around the Holy Maiden so that we can keep the imperial treasure safe, and I think all else will be fine. Xu Jing, you will ensure your group does not come into conflict with my people, will you not?”

“If you did not want any conflict in the first place, you should have shut your stinky mouth and not asked about the Holy Maiden’s presence,” says Xuezi loudly. She has been in a rather bad mood ever since returning from Taoying Island.

“I… what?” Nie Wuxing steps back, stroking his beard in alarm at the child’s outspokenness. He seems to be at a loss about how to respond; should he lecture her for her foul mouth, or treat her like a gentle, caring uncle?

“Perhaps we should be moving on,” says the Sword Saint calmly, appearing behind the orthodox contingent with his disciple.

A wave of murmurs spread throughout the pugilists as they turn to salute him and notice his missing arm. Su Liaojing gives you – or rather, your arm – an impassive glance.

Nie Wuxing seems rather taken aback at Shangguan Chuji’s arrival. “Chuji shidi, I… did not expect to see you here. And… your arm…”

“I had a terrible accident, which is the real reason why I had to miss the Conference,” lies the Sword Saint with a straight face. “I am very much in favour of Xu Jing’s idea that we present the Xuanyuan Sword to the Emperor, however. Will you allow me to accompany you on this journey, Nie shixiong?”

“Xu Jing’s idea… yes,” mutters Nie Wuxing.

“I can see no reason why not, dear Shangguan,” smiles his wife, who has remained quiet thus far. “We have not travelled together for many years.”

“Thank you,” bows the Sword Saint politely.

“By the way,” continues Madam Nie, “Minyue? Where are you? Your master is here. Come, it is rude to hide. Shuixian, where is she?”

One of the Huashan twins coaxes an unwilling Zhang Minyue out in front of the Sword Saint. “H-h-hello again, Master Shangguan. How have you been?” she stutters, not willing to meet his eyes.

He stares at her blankly for a while, before the light of recognition flashes in his eyes. “Oh, right. You. Thank you, my good disciple. I have been well.”

As the purported master and student begin an awkward conversation for the benefit of those around them, you unconsciously twitch the right arm that he has so kindly bestowed upon you. Cao’er’s technique was sublime – though you had to painfully remove what was left of your own arm, it seemed to be a divine miracle that you could even move this donated arm. The process of fully joining the arm was excruciating, and even now it did not feel anywhere near as comfortable as your old one… still, she had assured you that it would improve quickly with time. For now, you still had problems channelling your qi through your new right arm.

The trip to present the Xuanyuan Sword began without any further issues. Even though the journey was ostensibly to be conducted together, the orthodox pugilists seemed to keep their distance from you. Liu Qi and Su Liaojing have stayed with the group, along with their masters, but the rest of the younger pugilists have departed for their respective mountains. Bai Jiutian has kept a quiet distance from you, seemingly deep in thought, while the Twin Flowers constantly stare at you with a mixture of suspicion and irritation.

Zuo Qingfeng and You Lanhai had left a note saying that they had been informed of their children’s new location by an Imperial agent, and rushed ahead by themselves. They had thanked you for your intercession with the Emperor, and hoped that they would meet you again on better terms in the very near future.

Qi Liuwu and Jiu Mou, keeping a low profile after their victory over Chief You, are also travelling separately to Xiangyang with a small group of their most loyal beggars. It looks like they plan a decisive strike to end this beggar civil war.

Of Master Zhang there was no news, but you have an uneasy feeling that he might choose to appear at the worst possible time.

In the meantime, you reach your first stop, barely a day away, at the riverbank. Storm clouds are gathering above your head, and the water level of the river has risen to a risky mark. It looks like you can only start travelling along the river, towards Xiangyang, tomorrow; the boatmen are refusing to go anywhere at the moment. While awaiting the boats, you would have the opportunity to rest at a riverside shelter built specifically for travellers.

It is not a very comforting shelter – even if spacious, the building is nothing more than four walls and a roof. As the rain begins to fall over your head, spattering against the tiles, you wonder if you should take the opportunity to chat with someone. It might also be a good time for you to consider your future training; though most of your time will be taken up with teaching Qilin, you think you can still squeeze in some light practice here and there.

Your practice will focus on:

A. The new arm you have, attempting to get back into shape quickly and to see if you can derive any new insights from its presence.

B. Further developing the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill, delving further into its mysteries and potential.

You approach someone to talk to (pick three):

I. Chi Qilin
II. Cao’er
III. Yifang
IV. Song Lingshu
V. Yunzi and Armaiti
VI. Xuezi
VII. Guo Fu and the Wu Brothers
VIII. The Sword Saint and Murong Yandi
IX. Bai Jiutian
X. Huashan Twins
XI. Nie Wuxing
XII. Madam Nie
XIII. Liu Ye and Su Cheng
XIV. Liu Qi and Su Liaojing
XV. Zhang Minyue

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
A
II>VI
V
IX

Less downtime = good. While WQS is teh best skill we need to have our arm ready for combat.

Too bad we only have 3 talkie choices :-( Cao'er > Xuezi - Xuezi seems pissed but well... Cao'er deserves a little attention from time to time. Then there is Tsunzi that needs to be reminded that we have to restrain ourselves, for now.

Also Bai for luv points (and dat ass).
:love:

Baltika9

Arcane
A VI IX XIV
Pretty dumb to practice our WQS right next to Nie's buddies, debunked by treave
And we do need to get used to our new arm quickly and get back in shape.
As for taking to people, is rather garner the support of the young non-Douchebag disciples for the coming days. With our close ties with the Cult now public (thankfully, they do not know of our Lordship yet), I have a feeling shit will hit the fan at the meeting with Vairya.
And then, Enter Lord Zhang.
:yeah:

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Voting A II V IX.

A - Our neigong is not working properly with our new arm, so we should fix that before we delve into Wuxiang Qiankun.

II - Jing needs to show Cao'er some attention.

V - We're inviting Fire Cult buddies too, so we should make some preparations so shit doesn't hit the fan.

IX - We should get caught up with Bai Jiutian now.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom