Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We are stealthy, but stealth might not be exactly what it takes to get it. Since Nie family is tasked with the protection of the sword, it might not be such a good idea to be seen tampering with it or asking about it in case someone notices the theft. We are naturally the primary suspect. Well, we or Yunzi, which is not much better.

Loathe as I am to give out promises I have no idea I will be able to keep, I am strongly considering B. It comes down to what you believe Xuezi might request from you. Hrrrm. The imagination sparked by her previous history with jianghu draws some unpleasant pictures. Still, I think our influence is rubbing off on her, and she mellowed a bit since then.

Ah, dammit. In lolis we trust. B.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I'm willing to go for the 'safe' option of B - it's safe only short term though. But still we don't want any incidents. Yet.

Also great update treave, my Wuxia hunger is satiated for a while now :bro:

Nevill

Arcane
Xiangyang is shaping to be one busy stop for us.

A confrontation between Qi Liuwu and Former Chief You. Kid hostages. Pang's execution and the crazy fighters. And I bet there would be an opportunity to search for the manual, too.

And we will probably have to choose one. :negative:

Fangshi

Arcane
C

I can't say I am thrilled to give our word to the terrifying loli if we are going to have to break it later. Hopefully she is crafty enough to deal with Qilin's mom.

Baltika9

Arcane
I can't say I am thrilled to give our word to the terrifying loli if we are going to have to break it later. Hopefully she is crafty enough to deal with Qilin's mom.
I dunno, I really don't want to risk it. Xuezi is already more irritable than usual and I think it stems from a feeling of being powerless/useless to us (like Qilin). If at all possible, I'd like to keep her away from Madam Nie (inb4 she was possessed by an Immortal).

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
I dunno, I really don't want to risk it. Xuezi is already more irritable than usual and I think it stems from a feeling of being powerless/useless to us (like Qilin). If at all possible, I'd like to keep her away from Madam Nie (inb4 she was possessed by an Immortal).

Maybe but I don't really buy the whole 'little sister' act. I don't think that her world revolves around Jing in the same way that Qilin's seems to. What I think is bothering her is her lack of power and I think she is quite likely to return to her old ways if she does get her power back. I just do not like the whole deal, an unspecified favour in exchange for cooperating. She could ask us to do anything and we are likely to break our word if we do not like what she asks us to do so I would rather avoid the situation.

Essentially I like her, I just don't trust her at all.

Nevill

Arcane
The problem is, we can't offer her anything. Madam Nie can. She has no reason to stick to us - she is only traveling with us because it gave her a chance to meet the manual owner. And well, she just did. That might very well be the place where our roads will diverge.

Hell if I know what is worse - to owe a promise of unknown nature to a kid that can own an immortal, or to have the said kid strike a deal with one of our enemies.

Baltika9

Arcane
That's where we differ in opinion. I believe that her 'exile,' de-power and the time spent with Jing changed her as a person for the better. Essentially, I do trust her enough to know she won't ask us some dumb stuff like 'overthrow the Emperor' or 'kill your wives, I am the only one who can have you, Big Brother!'

And if she really is that power-hungry, then letting her anywhere near Madam Nie is just begging for a catastrophe. That woman lives for it.

Nevill

Arcane
The very fact that we have a choice (a shitty one, but a choice nonetheless) to make her listen to us when we have nothing to offer her except for a promise, and our enemy can offer her everything she ever wanted, makes me feel hopeful that our time with her was not spent in vain, and that she would not ask us for some outrageous stuff.

Tigranes

Arcane
What has she said or done in particular that makes us think she's changed? I don't want to see her ally with Madam Nie, but neither do I want to owe her a favour. Either way she's dangerous to keep and dangerous to give away.

That actually inclines me towards A, dangerous as it is, it is the only way to keep Xuezi along with us without the strings attached.

Nevill

Arcane
Can't quite point you out to what would indicate such a change, because we have no idea what she was like before she lost her powers, except for a pair of obscure references.

But we have these quotes:
If you'd met her while she had her powers it would not have been a pleasant encounter, yes.
Wait... uh... why are we helping her, again? She's still the same person deep down, she just doesn't have the means to fuck with people like she used to, which is probably for the best.
More of a mutual back-scrubbing. You benefit from her knowledge too. Also, losing her powers has taught her humility. She is more humble and understanding now.
She does behave more civilized than when we first met her, too.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A>C
We are not really sneaking to their boat, but we are admiring the sword as one of ten legendary blade member.
It seems that we will rely rather on distractions, sleight of the hand and mental stats rather than outright stealth.

It's a gamble and both Madam Nie and Bai Jiutian are sharp ladies, but we are pretty good at making distractions.
Yolotigering this one.

Edit: Flopped to A>C

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
You see, I have nothing against admiring the sword (though I wonder if they permit us to do so). It's the 'subtly investigate their belongings' part that I have trouble with.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom