Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, yeah, I was just going to have auto-allocated teams, but if you guys want to control that part I'm alright with it. Just thought I'd give a break from dividing up the party all the time.
Wait, does it mean that we will try pursuing all three goals at once? I might have failed my reading comprehension check. I thought we are choosing what to pursue (at a cost of other activities), and not just where to put Jing. But seeing how there is no overlap, it makes much more sense to send three different teams simultaneously.

Edit: ok.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Oh man, what a dilemma.

I guess one way to undetermine current trial is to cast the jury, accusater and judge to suspicious light. If we can find out and prove that Mao, Nie wuxing and others have dirty deeds by searching black dragon society, we might be able to get more trustworthy judges to oversee the thing like shaolin dudes or Wudang guys.

I simply have no idea how to save Yao by going to trial, excpect by busting him out.

There is of course the beggars, who might swing the whole trial around by presenting new master as well using beggar network to bring up new facts, if there are any.

I wait for more arguments.

Baltika9

Arcane
I guess one way to undetermine current trial is to cast the jury, accusater and judge to suspicious light. If we can find out and prove that Mao, Nie wuxing and others have dirty deeds by searching black dragon society, we might be able to get more trustworthy judges to oversee the thing like shaolin dudes or Wudang guys.
While this is a great idea, he fact remains that Yao still is guilty of murder and that fact won't change with the jury. The question is, would Wudang or Shaolin honor the Physician's price?
But I like it. My kmeejerk decision was to go in there and Manly Tiger Roar while Yao escapes.
B, for now.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
My gut feeling says that we could reach a compromise with shaolin.

Song did attempt to pay Yao service with coin, so it is not like Yao didn't get anything from healing Miss Song.
Wudang and especially shaolin seems to have strick no murder tolarance even, if dead Song kind a cheated from his end in the whole conflict.

We could probably argue that they spare Yao, but either one will most likely keep eye on Yao for rest of his day to work his "redemption" at their sect.
Probably Shaolin since it seems that Yao was former shaolin monk and they do seem to have stronger dudes than Wudang.

Baltika9

Arcane
On the other hand, if Liuwu wins the sect struggle with our help, won't that make him the most senior pugilist there? And the only actual Great? I think we could use that to our advantage in the trial.

Nevill

Arcane
My gut feeling says that we could reach a compromise with shaolin.
Shaolin is not anywhere near here, though. And Wudang is of no consequence, apparently, as the disciples have no voice.

I can't see how they can help us here.

Song did attempt to pay Yao service with coin, so it is not like Yao didn't get anything from healing Miss Song.
Is it relevant to the case? It is well-known to everyone that Yao does not accept coins.

On the other hand, if Liuwu wins the sect struggle with our help, won't that make him the most senior pugilist there? And the only actual Great? I think we could use that to our advantage in the trial.
Maybe. But why would seniority or martial progress matter to the law? Wuxing still holds the position of the judge, and the Beggars were never that much respected in the first place as far as their opinion on the pugilistic matters is concerned, seeing how they are borderline unorthodox. Isn't that why Qi Liuwu was the last in the line of succession for the mantle of the orthodox leader?

Besides, after a civil war and a takeover, I don't know how much legitimacy the Beggars' leadership have in the eyes of other pugilists. Not to say that they can't be a useful ally, of course, but I would not count on them affecting anyone's opinion.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Nie wuxing would still be the leader of pugillist world, because he seems to have better reputation than Liuwu.
Not to mention losing his hand must lowered his standing as pugilists.

But he would defninately have a respected voice and you can never understime the beggar network in these situations.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Shaolin is not anywhere near here, though. And Wudang is of no consequence, apparently, as the disciples have no voice.

I can't see how they can help us here.

They have one of few orthodox masters that have standing as well reputation to act as judge, if Nie wuxing and his cronies reputation is tarneshed by proving that they have partaken in heinious deeds with black dragon society.
Prisoners and the court can moved, but finding inviduals who have high standing and reputation in eyes of orthodox are harder to find or locate.

This is of course assuming that we find the said condemming proof, but it's a big gamble.

Is it relevant to the case? It is well-known to everyone that Yao does not accept coins.

It shows that he was not totally abusing his station by compasating Yao service with money.
Of course he still did abuse his station by staying alive from the deal, but he did make gesture to pay for Yao instead leaving him with nothing.

For orthodox guys this does cast him in more reasonable light than as coward that couldn't handle his part of the deal.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, could you please post Vairya's and Ameretat's stat sheets?
Will be added next update.
NUyttbn.gif

Sword - 9/10
I wonder why this skill reads as red. That normally denotes that it's been lowered by some event, no? I thought Jing had healed by now, but possibly there's more "sword saint" power to be unlocked?
We're still injured, yeah. Our Sleight of Hand is still one point short. We're probably 10/10 SWORDS now.

Nevill

Arcane
They have one of few orthodox masters that have standing as well reputation to act as judge, if Nie wuxing and his cronies reputation is tarneshed by proving that they have partaken in heinious deeds with black dragon society.
Prisoners and the court can moved, but finding inviduals who have high standing and reputation in eyes of orthodox are harder to find or locate.
From what we know, Taishan and Kunlun aren't involved in anything villainous. They are just sell-outs who pledge their allegiance to whomever is strongest at a time. Despicable, yes, but that's hardly a crime.

Shaolin is not going to be the only one with the authority to make decisions there.

Still, I agree, that if a judge is compromised, there can not be a trial here and now.
For orthodox guys this does cast him in more reasonable light than as coward that couldn't handle his part of the deal.
How so? It's exactly that - he couldn't handle his part of the deal and sought a coward's way out.

I wonder if we can get through this without losing anyone, be it Yao, Lingshu, or the Twins. Our entourage have become so diverce, that it became nigh impossible to keep everyone happy.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Don't delude yourselves guys, the only way to save Yao is by force, period.

Kz3r0

Arcane
How so? It's exactly that - he couldn't handle his part of the deal and sought a coward's way out.
Besides is in Yao's interest to paint the guy as the one at fault for having sought the help of the Killer Physician, yes we will lose a WAIFU but fuck everyone that votes against Cao'er.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
How so? It's exactly that - he couldn't handle his part of the deal and sought a coward's way out

Well yeah, but attempting to compasate makes Song bit less villaneus than without paying anything to Yao.
Orthodox guys don't generally like murder be it form of medical payment or otherwise.

From what we know, Taishan and Kunlun aren't involved in anything villainous. They are just sell-outs who pledge their allegiance to whomever is strongest at a time. Despicable, yes, but that's hardly a crime.

True, but I would be very surprised, if they hadn't done backdoor dealing or two with black dragon society.
Besides they at laest seemed to act with Nie during whole firecult showdown, so they should have decent knowledge or dirty deeds behind them as party if they trust each other enough to let other masters die.

Shaolin is not going to be the only one with the authority to make decisions there.

Ok then Emei, wudan, etc, etc.
The point was to get yao to trial, which would be fairer and master of one of big sect should have enought pull, if Nie wuxing and his lackey reputation is tarnished.

Baltika9

Arcane
Doing that will undo all our efforts at befriending the Bro Sects. There is literally nothing we can do at that trial except fighting Yao out of there, and that would be kinda dumb.

Nevill

Arcane
Probably. But Xuezi is right. What is going to happen after that? That's what might be worth considering.

As for Yao, the man rarely acts in his own best interests. If it were only his life on the line, he'd probably act defiant to the end. Especially since it looks very much like a kangaroo court. Why bother with proof and appearances if you are found guilty before it even started?

On an unrelated note, it just occured to me that if our beggars win, it will be the Fire Cult assisted coup. I don't know how the rest of the orthodox world are going to take it.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Actually... Mao Sanjiao couldn't care less whether Yao lives or dies. Finding Yao guilty is not his goal here. The ploy should be somewhat apparent from the message sent to Song Lingshu.

On an unrelated note, it just occured to me that if our beggars win, it will be the Fire Cult assisted coup. I don't know how the rest of the orthodox world are going to take it.

There will be an option to make your dramatic reveal as the Evil Overlord while in Xiangyang.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, his concern right now is to preserve his position as a sect head. That means bringing Lingshu down, either by denying her the right to succeed, or by separating her from us. Something along those lines.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Hmmm.
It does remind that Hueshan was bit worried about Mao bit to power when we were rescuing Song Linghsu.
Could it be that we might have commone enemy here!?

Nevill

Arcane
Could it be that we might have commone enemy here!?
More like they have a common enemy here.

Short of blackmail, I can't see a way to make Wuxing cooperate, and the outcome does not affect Mao's plot anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom