Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Let's guide the pair to Hei Brothers and see what happens.

They're chasing you because of the kids.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If they can't find the kids they might go off doing their own thing, pursuit is not a guarantee. Alternatively, you could choose to drag the kids around with you on your search and I'll give a new option. It would be different, certainly.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No thanks. The kids are in enough danger as they are.

I just thought that if they aren't following us, they might find the kids, and with only Yunzi and/or Qilin to protect them, it might get dicey.

If they aren't actively searching for the children and merely react to their presence, maybe it will turn out fine.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Does anyone actual wonder, why the kids are with their parents?
What does that iron west actually do to them? Does it seal the pressaure points, so the drug will be more effective on them or is there another reason?

Hei brothers are cruel people, but I doubt that they would get any pressaure from watching parents hugging their children to death, so why are they there? Are they conducting some kind of expiriment how far the drug can affect their minds? Or are the children actually some kind of defence, when they are visiting the cell?

Aaargh, so many quostions.

I am not entirely comfortable at releasing the madment outside.
We have to remember that the drug gives them nice power boost and there are also people that we like out there.
What would happend, if the madmen attacked Cao'er or chained Yao during the chaos? It surely shows that something strange is going on, but I fear that colletar damage will be quite high.

D for now, because power of love will prevail when I have no idea how we should act in this particle case.

Nevill

Arcane
It says so in the update. Because Hei bros are actually very sentimental people who want to ease the pain of the ones left in their care as much as possible:
These must be Zuo’s children. They have manacles around their feet; did the Hei brothers gain a sliver of conscience and put the entire family together in the same cell?
Those poor misundertood souls. Truly, we did a horrible thing when we slighted them by breaking Yu's woman out.

You have listed the most probable explanations yourself. It is either to ensure their cooperation, or to test the degree of control they have over people with this drug. Surely the ones who can kill their own children would be able to carry out any order. You don't have to have a degree in rocket science to figure out why that might be important to the zhang clan who are overseeing the drug development.

As for letting the people who are clearly insane and out of control to touch their children... well. I'll not comment on that one.

The kids are likely the only thought that was driving Qingfeng and Lanhai up until now, but their mind is warped in a direction that emphasizes violent tendencies. Even if they are not that far gone as to forget about their kids completely, I don't think they are thinking of them as parents normally do right now:
Zuo and wife shriek and attempt to lunge at their children. The girl cries out, and the both of them withdraw as far as their chains will allow them. Zuo roars and struggles, full of hostile intent. The metal binding him jerks and creaks alarmingly, but for now they hold.

It is either A or C for me, but I have become too much of a pussy cautious to go MAXIMUM FUCK with so much on the line.

treave, can you please clarify?
I find it strange C is the only option that talks about unleashing the mad horde. How do we prevent that from happening in the other choices?

What would happend, if the madmen attacked Cao'er or chained Yao during the chaos?
Is Yao chained, though? The update only mentions that he is being held by the orthodox pugilists. I thought it might get him an excuse to flee if things get too rough on the surface.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
A vote
D sound like accidentally putting to much strength into hug option because of zerking rush.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Elfberserker said:
It says so in the update. Because Hei bros are actually very sentimental people who want to ease the pain of the people left in their care as much as possible:
These must be Zuo’s children. They have manacles around their feet; did the Hei brothers gain a sliver of conscience and put the entire family together in the same cell?​
Those poor misundertood souls. Truly, we did a horrible thing when we slighted them by breaking Yu's woman out.

:lol::bro:

s Yao chained, though? The update only mentions that he is being held by the orthodox pugilists. I thought it might get him an excuse to flee if things get too rough on the surface.

Well, Yao is master of pressaure point fighting guys, so either there will be armored dudes guarding him or there will be chains.
Pure physical strenght was never Yao strenght, especially since he is like 80 or 90 years old at this point.

Nevill

Arcane
Fighting all of the prisoners, by ourselves. Dozens of cells, 2-3 prisoners per each, at the very least. A hundred man battle, part 2?

ImOuttaHere.jpg

Though maybe not all of them are as strong as the wielders of the legendary swords?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
There is that totally ruthless route, where we can be safe and search clues as well.
B will leave the kids hating us for rest of our lives, but it's the quickest and perhaps safest way, if we want to find clues while the base is still standing.

Nevill

Arcane
It still does not solve the problem of letting the rest of the prisoners outside.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
C has the added benefit of POSSIBLY, MAYBE fucking up the court precedings for some time.

Nevill

Arcane
But it does free our hands from this particle problem for whatever happens next.
Well, and killing the children frees our hands from yet another problem. What use are they without the parents?

This line of thinking doesn't lead to anything productive, and we never took that way out before.

The bro-ness of the parents aside, they are still a valuable sourse of information and a pair of witnesses. I would have preferred to take them alive and cure them of their affliction.

I am still pondering if I should go A, in fact.

It might be a good idea to think about the situation in terms of 'what would have happened if we weren't here'?

The girls would probably have found the cell and fled with the kids. They can't really fight the parents off. They also probably wouldn't have killed them, and they would lack the raw power to stop the prisoners from escaping.

So, if we weren't here, then the prisoners would have broken free anyway. If we were with Yao, we would have been able to protect him and his granddaughters in the resulting chaos. But what if we were among the beggars? Would then Yao, Cao'er and Yifang be in danger of dying? Probably not. It would be unfair if we would have lost a part of our crew just for joining the beggar fight. So, meta though it may be, my thinking is that we can trust our people to fend for themselves.

Now, the swarm of raving madmen on the loose is never a good thing, so it probably will have its share of negative consequences. But I don't think it will be the lives of our entourage.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
But Nuwa still loves us, I am sure! She would not go to such lenths if she didn't.

Man up and pray for Celestial Love already!

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Very true.
I am not particle adovacitng killing the parents, but it's fastest route to continue gathering information in black dragon society.
Of course losing time here will take time from gathering clues, because it seems the whole place will rumble down.

Of course, love will prevail!
You know it's true Nevill, don't let that pesky logic to dictate your vote but your heart.
Vote for true bro action!
For Love and freedom!
Vote for D!!!!!!

Elfberserker

Liturgist
For Love and freedom!
Vote for D!!!!!!

We need to level up our Love stat for that first. Starting with D here

Oh god, why I didn't realize this sooner!?:lol:
Love option has backings of dicks!

Vote for the love and dicks people!
:M

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Oh wow you really want to fuck up the psyche of Qilin, Yunzi AND Armatat with D guyse? +M

Kipeci

Arcane
They will be astounded and entranced by our faith in the power of love!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom