Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can anybody convince me to go A?

It looks like whatever is happening didn't happen for the first time here.
“It doesn’t matter. Get away before they wake up,” he whispers urgently. “It’s almost time.”

“Time for wh-“ Your question is answered before you can finish it.
Maybe their madness is only temporary? It was invoked through sound, seemingly by someone/something, and a signal to stop might come just as suddenly.

Or maybe the kids referred to all the other prisoners they've seen during their imprisonment. Though I've got an impression that these things occur here on a daily basis if the kids can predict them with such precision.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Voting A might = voting for death if those other fuckers get out of their cells quick...

Nevill

Arcane
I am fairly sure that we won't be the one in danger. I also believe that no one will die, though an injury of one of our girls is likely, given the disparity in strength.

One has to ask himself - if those mad people lunge at everyone in sight, how come they have conquered the Bandit Kingdom, and not killed each other - or their masters - instead?

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I am fairly sure that we won't be the one in danger. I also believe that no one will die, though an injury of one of our girls is likely, given the disparity in strength.

One has to ask himself - if those mad people lunge at everyone in sight, how come they have conquered the Bandit Kingdom, and not killed each other - or their masters - instead?
Well certainly there is some imprinting.

Nevill

Arcane
Of what kind, though? It was said that we aren't terribly interesting to Qingfeng and Langhai by ourselves. Not enough to follow us, at least. Why would the other inmates pay us more attention than them?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Maybe thats why tthey have those metal chest things.
They might manipulate their senses with those needle by using some kind of pressaure point technique. Maybe they can somehow sense diffrence between normal and drugged persons.

We only know that they have been drugged, but we don't know if they had used somekind of forbidden technique.
It would be almost legendary technique potential, but not impossible since we have seen that even with right technique you can control shadows.

The drug might make persons more succesible to forbidden technique or there is something in vests that allows them some sort of sensory friend or foe mechanism.

ScubaV

Prophet
Where are these court proceedings taking place?

If all the madmen (or even just the husband and wife) get loose in C, wouldn't they be running all over the orthodox pugilists? I would think having a bunch of berserking loonies escaping from your facility would raise a lot of uncomfortable questions for the BDS and anyone associated with them, at least as far as the orthodoxy is concerned. And as someone said above, it should disrupt Yao's "trial".

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Makes no real difference in terms of time or effort, if compared to A. Vest is still in the way and draining isn't instant.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
A>C I will give A a chance, but I still believe it's retarded somewhat and wishing too much goes right (but not on D levels).

Kipeci

Arcane
Aw, come on. You guys know that you're going to regret missing the chance to demonstrate the power of love!

The power of fists is a good substitute, though, and I want to see if we can get better control over sword skills from the Sword Saint's arm now that we're considered a master among masters of the sword-- even if they're stronger this time, we've improved much as well, and with Yunzi and the power of love on our side I am sure that we will win through to absolute victory.

edit: Forgot to put in flop D>A

Nevill

Arcane
The 'Power of Love' is likely to amount to the parents snapping out of it over the corpses of their children. Heartwarming, sure, but not quite desireable.

Kipeci

Arcane
Why not? That gives them no reason to go along with the Zhang clan's demands and instead enables them to fully commit to the destruction of our mutual enemies. It's a downer if it doesn't work out, but we win either way.

Nevill

Arcane
A number of reasons, starting from the kids being one of the few actual witnesses who can confirm that the zhang clan has anything to do with their kidnapping (the parents only have their word for it), and ending with that it requires a conscious decision not to interfere from us, earning us a massive WTF reaction from our party. Not to mention the parents already aren't listening to zhangs, which is how they ended up in captivity.

It makes no sense however you look at it.

But I do not believe you are looking for a (semi-)serious discussion, so I see no point in arguing it further. :M

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, the risk is really high in D. I do think there is a chance in that under the original design, without the tremors, the Zhangs would never have broken their restraint - i.e. the prison was not designed to let the Zhangs get their hands on their chidlren - which makes it a possibility that the whole point was to deprive them of the children they love in front of their eyes, rather than have the children be in danger of getting killed by their parents. But still, it's not a conclusive or even likely thing.

Rescuing the children and Zhangs both are incredibly important to proving how fucked up the BDS are. We don't know what happened with the tremors, but let's say we turn up with both of them at the Yao trial - every Orthodox member, Nie included will have to declare permanent opposition to the BDS.

A > D.

Nevill

Arcane
A thing to consider in D is that Qingfeng radiates hostile intent directed at everyone, his children included.

With about a hundred or so prisoners that are about to escape, I don't think we'll find the trial still going when we get out. It'd be nice if the city would still be standing.

I, too, want to save the parents, but I wonder if A is our only chance to do it, or if there will be other opportunities.

I think the antidote exists - the ones who conducted the experiments should have foreseen happenings such as this and taken counter-measures.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom