Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    MOAR

^ Top  
  2. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I keep envisaging the "glow in the dark condom fight" in my minds eye, just with ZJ and YX as the fighters.

's not pretty..

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Choices added.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    A. We're battered and bruised, but we're not done yet. Our Lord and Master wishes to fight, and as a good apprentice, we must strive to follow his example in all things.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    ^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    1:1 :M

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Ifeex Scholar

Ifeex
    I was going to write how I wasn't going to vote on anything, as I didn't want to be held responsible, but then I realized that'll mean that I might not see the superloli.

A.

^ Top  
  7. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Zhang Jue is not worried. Everything is right with the world.

A

Can't say I like the assumption that we are doing it for the manual. Madam Nie will probably pry it from our cold limp fingers when we are done. And I like the idea of cooperating with the orthodoxes to bring down manxing at the tournament.

But. Superloli.

No way I am missing this.

^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I like how Zombie Manxing tried to turn people against us by revealing our WQS. Sadly, the only person who would really care about it of those present, BJ, already knows it. The only dangers here are the Unbro Sect leaders stirring shit up against us after the fight. How many of they've are there, two, three? Against our force of how many?

^ Top  
  9. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Yeah. Why not. Maximum fuck and all, right?

A

Now you can all blame me if it goes wrong. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I wondered if that display had any impact on Jing's neiggong or WQS skills, but not yet at least. Also, the drug Ameretat gave Jing seems to still be working. No malus to the stats either.

Someone's going to die though. Someone we care about. Maybe more than one person. Can the codex live with that?

I can. :troll:

^ Top  
  11. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Bai Jiutian?

...I can live with that, too.

^ Top  
  12. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    B
    The fucker is a god. Time to hit the gym.

^ Top  
  13. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    A. We cant let him get the Yang manual. It seems to me like a fucking hopeless fight against Super Yang Xue but it will be even worse at the summit.

^ Top  
  14. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Magnificent,

A, for now, definitely want to see what the kid can do.

^ Top  
  15. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    B: Let him kill his family before we deal with him.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
    The whole clan exterminated, and not by us, perfect.
    B

^ Top  
  17. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
    In this way Zhang Jue will be deprived of the most awesome fight ever.

^ Top  
  18. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Why would it be perfect if it will not be by ourselves? :rpgcodex:

^ Top  
  19. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    Jing isn't into killing children and oldsters.

^ Top  
  20. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Holy mother of god! I wonder, if this is beginning of some sort of wuxian elder god birthing thing with Yang Xue.

Lets see here... I wonder, if drugged Yang Xue has any sort of surprises left in him.
    Well, things will go bonkers anyway in Zhang clan residents when we go there, maybe we can steal legendary manual and rescue maiden or two while at it.

A

^ Top  
  21. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    I dont think its possible to get s fight more awesome than what just happened.

^ Top  
  22. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    But he is into letting them die at the hands of manxing?

Tsk-tsk-tsk.

^ Top  
  23. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Motherfucking epic fight here, treave! Yang Xue is truly in his own tier. The guy is a monster. I wonder how he would do against Super Ahura had Jing not interfered.
    Seeing how the Sword Saint did here, man do I feel bad about taking his arm...
    Master Zhang is the man.
    Also, where's that useless coward Nie Wuxing? Hiding beneath a rock, I bet.

Am I the only one who felt pity for Zhang Manxing when he and his father were cornered? I know, this is Zombie Manxing here we are talking about, but I feel like he really likes Yang and is trying to make up for his evil - Problem is, he's doing it the only way he and Yang Xue know how - Killing off the entire pugilistic world.

As for the choices...

On one hand, Yang Xue just archieved temporary Wuxia godhood. All our fighters are exausted, tired and weakened. Only fighters we seem to have available are Varya, Jing, Bai, Master Zhang, Sword Saint and Guo Fu, the rest are too weak, tired or cowards (Nie Wuxing). I feel this is like when we fought the Swordcouple and we choose not to kill them lest we lose someone - Go all the way for maximum gain vs keep the stalemate for now. Only fighter we have with a full tank is the Superloli who, according to treave, could defeat all the Greats by herself and during her battle with the pugilistic world she pretty much defeated everybody until she ran into the Shaolin Librarian.

On the other, Zhang Manxing's reason for not sending daddy towards crushing everybody right now is lame as fuck. WQS, fun and alliance?! We already refused his alliance (it was why he came here before daddy Yang Xue burst from the ground), and WQS doesn't matter if he takes all of us out, because if he does that's like 60% of the firepower the pugilistic world has, right there. If Yang wins this, Zhang dies, Sword Saint dies, Nie Wuxing might die, Bai Jiutian dies, Jing and Varya die, etc. Pretty much the only ones that remain are Songfeng, Shaolin, Emei, Kunlun, oh and the Fire Cult, Wudu Cult and Zhang Clan, but these are complicated.

Something fishy is going on. Seems like Zombie Manxing wanted to run away and give "Father" a last fighting chance by going berserk maximum fuck while Manxing ran off but instead the drug just upped his qi to the gits. Getting the small possibility of a alliance with Jing or tarnishing his reputation only helps as well. Manxing seems to be on the edge - Is he afraid of the drug running out now or Yang Xue going crazy berserker?

There's also the possibility the Unbro sects will pull a improvised Heihu on us - "fight" on the sidelines while we're the ones getting killed. The difference is that Heihu was clearly a pre-planned set-up. Notice the strange lack of Nie Wuxing in this update, even through he has some new awesome Jiuyin tech.

^ Top  
  24. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV

Don't forget this, although whether his luck transfers to Yang Xue or not is unknown.

To be able to at least match the combined qi of Zhang Jue and Vairya, plus Jing and the Sword Saint, Yang Xue truly is on his own tier. And the tier below it is empty.

^ Top  
  25. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Wait, so Yang Xue > Zhang Jue, and now Yang Xue is Upgraded?

Fucking ZJ can't even win the only actual fight he gets to within the entire timeframe :outrage:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.