Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wait, why is everyone assuming that praying is going to get you a physical audience at the Celestial Court instead of a voice or two manifesting inside your head?
Because Baltika9 came up with that prediction:
What will happen:
“Well, here goes nothing!” As you approach, every fine detail of those wrinkled, slimy lips come into focus. You leap onto the monstrous Lady Mi. Gritting your teeth, you clamp your mouth over its maw. Nothing is happening. You feel the mushy flesh sliding around and the stank, fetid breath of the surprised monster. Nothing seems to be happening, except for a certain nasty catch in your throat that is about to cause you to empty your stomach. “Blow! Blow into it!” shouts Xiahou Yu. Cursing the day you stepped foot into this mansion, you blow as hard as you can. The demon shrieks. Plumes of foul green vapour begin shooting out from its skin as it scratches at you, attempting to pull you off, but you can sense it weakening. Still, it is not dead.
Only more hawt.
And since there are only Jing and Shun around, most voters try to shield their minds from the scene by whatever fantasy they can imagine.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
That's right. Epically. He failed Epically.
His forces scattered.
His woman, dead.
Himself, dead.
He was the biggest bogeyman of that period, absolutely no doubt about it, but he still failed. That's when he had actual magic. How are we going to learn magic?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Well, whatever emperor comes next will have to rebuild the country from scratch. I figure a hundred or so wagons of celestial bricks might help him with the task.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, whatever emperor comes next will have to rebuild the country from scratch. I figured a hundred or so wagons of celestial bricks might help him with the task.
So you mean Heaven won't even care to send an army this time and will just stone us to death?
:lol:
Did Nuwa embrace Islam?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hm, yeah, getting transmogrified into a pile of bricks isn't too outlandish for Chinese deity capabilities either.

Jing: Admit it, the thought of fighting me makes you shit bricks!
Nuwa: No Jing, YOU ARE THE BRICKS

And then Jing was a wall.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Enough time has passed. I have made my decision. To glory!! :lemming.gif:

Nevill

Arcane
And then Jing was a wall.
B--but Guo Fu is already a wall! Can't we become something more original?

Also, how can we become a part of the Great Wall of China and protect the country from Mongols if we are Mongols? Or is that the Plan? To sabotage the defenders and let our people in at the crucial moment?

Intriguing! :M

Edit: nevermind, Bro Fu is the Southern Mountain, not the Wall. The other point still stands, though.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Hardly making your case, bro. These gods seem to have personalities, laws, agendas, emotions. The spheres were like idiot children with unlimited power. No laws, just morbid curiosity.
Right, they do have personalities and emotions. Those of idiot children with unlimited power.

I mean, stalking us for an eternity over some thousand year old grudge? Seething with hatred because of a joke we played on the previous Emperor? Destroying Empires and treating them as their playthings only to show that everything the Man builds is only temporary?

The last one is not something Nuwa thought up, by the way.

I don't think you will like their 'laws' very much.

Kipeci

Arcane
Did I vote already? If not, B>C.

I remain partial to angry horse archers bursting into the Empire to take Shun's stuff accompanied by crazed assassins and fire witches just as soon as he's made aware of the magnitude of his terrible deed, but curiosit about what will happen if we pray is next up in my list.

Hardly making your case, bro. These gods seem to have personalities, laws, agendas, emotions. The spheres were like idiot children with unlimited power. No laws, just morbid curiosity.
Right, they do have personalities and emotions. Those of idiot children with unlimited power.

I mean, stalking us for an eternity over some thousand year old grudge? Seething with hatred because of a joke we played on the previous Emperor? Destroying Empires and treating them as their playthings only to show that everything the Man builds is only temporary?

The last one is not something Nuwa thought up, by the way.

I don't think you will like their 'laws' very much.
Can we have one argument where you don't go all rainman over every sentence just because I didn't say something just the right way? If you are actually suggesting that these gods are the same as the spheres, you need to get real. That's like saying Jing is the same as Dio because he has killed people too. Or that the masters were the same as the spheres because they are both immortal adversaries of the PC with godlike powers. Unless our conversation with Nuwah ends up being "want to play?" followed by 3000 years of torture, they are different.

Not that any of this is productive to our current discuss. Semi-autistic levels of banal, anal niggling over semantics such as these will get us nowhere. Let's move on shall we? +M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It took thousands of years, countless layers of plots and the deaths of millions to prove the point, but finally, a reincarnation of Chi You's will admit - AS HE SHOULD HAVE AGES AGO! - that he can't solve a desperate situation with mortal means after all and actively turn to the gods for help. Aw yeah!

images
Nuwa: JUST AS PLANNED.

C wins.

Nevill

Arcane
If you are actually suggesting that these gods are the same as the spheres, you need to get real. That's like saying Jing is the same as Dio because he has killed people too. Or that the masters were the same as the spheres because they are both immortal adversaries of the PC with godlike powers.
All I am saying, those powers are alien to us. The gods less so, the spheres more so, but it does not matter in the end.

Let's move on shall we?
Looks like we don't have a chocie.

:avatard:

It took thousands of years, countless layers of plots and the deaths of millions to prove the point, but finally, a reincarnation of Chi You's will admit - AS HE SHOULD HAVE AGES AGO! - that he can't solve a desperate situation with mortal means after all and actively turn to the gods for help. Aw yeah!

images
Nuwa: JUST AS PLANNED.

C wins.

Like any other woman, Nuwa just wants to feel needed. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom