Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
As I said, feel free to come to your own conclusions about this stuff.
:lol:
And for those that missed it, he said that formations require near-psychic coordination, great talent and perfect syncronization. Regular mooks can't learn the formations and suddenly become great fighters because they don't have the physical and mental traits required.

RealDDc

Learned
Know what would be an interesting solution to this voting dilemma?

As Jing stands there on the battle field, unable to make up his mind all dressed up and nowhere to go... all of a sudden he is deftly hit on his head by a long wooden staff. The formation charges at him and with a cut on his forehead he has to make the best out of it.

Yep, this is why Murong Yandi had no problem stomping four Taishan fighters back at the tournament. They couldn't get the full seven-man formation going, so there were a lot more weaknesses to exploit. Not the case with the seven-man formation, which even BJ hasn't broken thus far (though, of course that doesn't necessarily he mean that he couldn't if he simply wanted to, he just hasn't done so yet).

Which is all the more reason to demonstrate this weakness in their technique by knocking the shit out of couple of them with a quick attack before they can get into position. Call it a lesson for them - when you are on a battlefield and have challenged you opponent to combat, don't expect him to wait until you all get into position and yell "Beitou Qixing Formation!”. Or as Lambchop19 has so eloquently put it: "Welcome to life outside the dojo, fuckheads."

LWC1996

Learned
That he's a hormonal seventeen-year old that likes hot tsundere chicks? His "obligation" to the Jianghu certainly did not figure into it.

1. So much for being a loyal agent of the Empire then.

Except treave confirmed that Jing is fighting to disable and not kill. The stronger our opponents, the harder and more brutal we must be to win.

2. He also said wishes and reality don't always match. Just because you want to fight to disable doesn't mean accidents won't happen. Especially when you are attacking defenseless opponents.

No, not quite. Remember the Young Tigers Tournament: BJ was rearing to fight our trollish, cowardly and lecherous ass. We fight dirty, but we are extremely skilled. We defeated one hundred men by ourselves, we spit in the faces of the orthodox sects and their principles, and we always escape JUSTICE! They will be lining up to bring us down for their own honor and the good name of their sects. They cannot ignore us because, as unorthodox as our rep is, we are a successful and damned good fighter.Oh, I certainly hope not. If we don't win, LORD Zhang Jue will pull our spine from our ass and strangle us with it for being a disgrace.

3. The hundred men battle was a straight show. You didn't trick them, you didn't do anything but stand there and challenge them. You're not doing the same here. You can't equate the two. If you keep on thinking it's always justified to be dirty then your reputation will be dirty eventually. One or two acts of bravery won't fix that.

The whole point of C/D is that we are on a battlefield where people are dying and we can be making a difference elsewhere. If this were a tournament in a regulated setting, I would have had no problems in taking them up. But this is a literal battlefield where people are getting slaughtered and we didn't come here to satisfy their pride.

4. Fair enough. I can't say that is an inconsistent argument.

I'll add a bit.

LWC1996 said:
1. Doesn’t stop you guys from getting butthurt whenever the orthodox denounce you for not following their principles. If you guys really don’t care then act like it.
I regret nothing about how we handled the tournament and the Minamoto situation.
You confuse butthurt with contempt for their fucked up honor system which sometimes runs contrary to their own ideals.

5. Codes of chivalry are always fucked up and always have unspoken exceptions. I am not sure why this is any more rage-inducing than usual.

LWC1996 said:
2. And innocent? Prove it. Don’t think that just because they are weaker means they are totally good and pure hearted.
Presumption of guilt. Great start for an argument.
Since you are playing the prosecutor, what are they guilty of that warrants death?
Let's not try to justify bloodlust, ok?

6. How about let's not try to make assumptions without knowing what happened between the cult and the orthodox pugilists? Just because one side is currently on the run doesn't mean they are the right side. It is not wrong to protect the weaker side but that doesn't mean you can just go in and assume you already know the bigger picture of what is black and white, who is good or bad.

LWC1996 said:
3. Has his time outside of the palace changed him into a cowardly insecure person? Does he need the advantage? I can see him being confident enough to think he doesn’t.
Absolutely. Go beat Bai Jiutian after that. Promise to become his bitch if you lose, like he wanted you to do at the tournament.
I mean, since having enough braincells to distinguish between what is possible at the moment and what is not is equated with insecurity, you might want to do just that.

7. It is impossible to beat the Taishan Formation without cheating and knocking a few of them out -> is that what you are trying to say? I say it is possible. Which is why I am voting for B.

7.You're making an assumption about the time. I could just as easily say it took 2 hours or more.
I have no doubt you can.
This is hardly relevant, but since you decided to point that one out, from all things...
It is over in moments: your opponents had no counter for your kicks.

8. I was referring to the overall fight which Baltika9 said twenty fighters AND the two sects' best in less than thirty minutes. Unless you are arguing that it is possible to beat all of them in moments just like those worthless seniors. Is that what you are trying to say? Because it sounds like it.

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh great, now we are DISCUSS!ing it up again and we're all making exactly the same arguments. Can we freeze the votes yet? Is anything winning?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Or as Lambchop19 has so eloquently put it: "Welcome to life outside the dojo, fuckheads."
Yes, and remember that I am now voting B because I neglected to factor in this dude using his weird staff to attack us mid flight and leave us in the humiliating position of fighting all of them injured AND dishonored. I'd be willing to trade honor for a certain victory, but with D, victory is anything but certain.

Baltika9

Arcane
D is leading thanks to kazgar. Close them up and take em as is and let the butthurt flow, or roll dice.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Death to the discus
1288114074_girl-discus-throw-fail.gif

Rex Feral

Prophet
I do hope the outcome is good.
Else we might decide to discuss even more in the future in order to prevent bad things from happening :troll:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nice try at sabotage.

asxetos said:
Sorry, i missed the Discuss!
Wait, 'missed' as in 'skipped', or as in 'I want more'? Because we can do more!

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Finally! I would hate flopped to D but thankfully it is too late.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Then, as the last arguments were gone and we lay together on the forum, everyone drifted away and all was silent.

Such a silence this thread has never known.

kazgar

Arcane
treave should set hard time limits for voting unless there's a tie, the continual extending leads to madness, madness I say! (time limits can be determined based on his availability and care factor)

Kipeci

Arcane
Hmm, treave when do your days tend to start and end according to your timezone? It's kinda of difficult to tell for some reason and it'd definitely cut down on a lot of discuss out of me if I knew when it was worth bothering to log on.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The only way to have a hard time limit for voting that actually cuts down on discuss would be to lock it to 12 hours after the update hits, regardless of whether the next update is ready. Otherwise... yeah.

My schedule isn't fixed so days can vary, and sometimes I pull all-nighters. You don't need me to be online for the discuss anyway so I don't think it matters.

Kipeci

Arcane
I don't need you online for the discuss, but a lot of the discuss from me results from not being sure when you're likely to post the update and checking whenever I become aware of some alerts with a decent time lapse. Now that I think about it, most updates seem to pop up either shortly before or after when I tend to wake up, so that's probably a good time range to bother checking in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom