Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Or, if Tenzin survives (which is a possibility, Cao'er is a Master of medicalmagicks), then we will have the possibility to secure a friend for the Empire in Tenzin.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yeah, again, we stole the woman he wanted to marry - or at least that is how it might look to him. Probably not going to be friends any time soon.

Baltika9

Arcane
We didn't steal anyone as of yet. We hadn't even won the tournament, or publicly challenge him for Yunzi. That is a moot point.

treave, will Jing be letting Cao'er go unguarded to do her stuff in B1, standing like a dolt on the sidelines as she is getting swarmed (if she is getting swarmed, that is)? Somehow, I don't see it. If we are telling her to go into a dangerous situation, logic follows that Jing will be there with her.

Also, your Tenzin faggotry has not gone unnoticed here. I say, if you want to suck his dick, just vote for running up and sucking his dick before he dies. No reason to put anyone else's life in danger for your homo tendencies, bro. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
B3 is a retarded vote, and I hope it is obvious. The man who axed the prince rushing to get to him? There is nothing to misunderstand there.

Well, Baltika9 thinks he can 'protect' Cao'er in B1 if anything untoward happens. Protecting involves fighting. I hope anyone can understand what happens if we so much as to lift an arm to hit somebody. We'll have to fight our way out of the city. Our relationship meter will drop to the bottom, and it will become an international incident, because 'dirty foreigners murdered our beloved prince'. With luck, we'll get out of here with all of our party members intact.

In fact, given his love for Zhang diplomacy, I bet this is what he is trying to get.

Nevill

Arcane
The parrot is perfect for this post.

Yes, they can't stop you. You can slaughter them all, if you put your heart into it. Excellent.

How does it refute anything I said?

Tigranes

Arcane
B1 and B3 are both stupid. Now let's get it over with before we think of even more stupid 'solutions'.

Baltika9

Arcane
Because my point is that we can give Cao'er the two minutes she needs to determine whether or not she can help him, and work her magics from there. Through fast talking or punching some suckers in the face, doesn't matter. Cao'er won;t come to harm with Jing on the stage and Qilin in the background, that is all I'm saying, so this panicking of OMG BROS, B1 WILL GET CAO"ER KILLED! is being blown out of proportion.

Nevill

Arcane
B1 and B3 are both stupid. Now let's get it over with before we think of even more stupid 'solutions'.
The sentiment behind B is solid. Try to explain yourself and do not sink this any further. We have a way to talk to the princess, and we proved somewhat that we aren't a bloodthirsty abomination everyone thought we'd be.

But B1 is just not the way you do it. It wasn't even in the cards before.

Because my point is that we can give Cao'er the two minutes she needs to determine whether or not she can help him, and work her magics from there. Through fast talking or punching some suckers in the face, doesn't matter. Cao'er won;t come to harm with Jing on the stage and Qilin in the background, that is all I'm saying, so this panicking of OMG BROS, B1 WILL GET CAO"ER KILLED! is being blown out of proportion.
She has SECONDS to work with. That is, if she gets there IMMEDIATELY.
Rash moves in a tense situation. What can possibly go wrong?

B1 specifically isolates Cao'er from Jing and Qilin. Punching the suckers? Using violence in the choice where you stay and try to prove you are not that kind of person?

This is so much :M:M:M

The diplomatic fallout from all this shit will be insane. Maybe even be war. Assassinating a foreign prince? Injuring his guards while attempting to let another assassin through to finish the job? That's how it will look should we fail OR should we succeed and the prince decide not to be grateful and use the "attempted assassination" as an excuse to have us hunted down. Forget about Cao'er dying. (I will laugh when it happens though.) If Ying thought we were a danger to the empire before...

Nevill

Arcane
If Ying thought we were a danger to the empire before...
And now I imagine his face when Xiaofang makes her report to him, and I have an urge to flop to B1, too...

It's not about Cao'er getting killed, it is about how doing things this way with the resourses you have is counter-productive to your own goals. If you have to protect her, you have already failed miserably in what you were trying to achieve.

I would prefer B2 winning and ensuring that princess Rinchen gets married to the right man - both to tie up loose ends and to secure an ally for the Empire (having Wuni on the throne is much, much better than Tenzin), but if that is impossible, I'll just cut the losses and run.

Back to A1. (will be back if B2 gets more traction, though)

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I stand by my vote. Get the heck out of dodge and take Yunzi with us. It'll be like a honeymoon, the girls will be so pleased! We might even include the female Amesha Spenta (?) in the harem as well.

See guys, vote A1 for an even larger harem!

If Ying thought we were a danger to the empire before...
And now I imagine his face when Xiaofang makes her report to him, and I have an urge to flop to B1, too...
Xiaofang:...
Ying: So...we're at war. Want to tell me what happened with the prince?
Xiaofang: Well, that vicious pervert, Man Tiger---
Ying: Oh, no. Jing was there?
Xiaofang: Yes, and he--
Ying: Assassinated the prince?
Xiaofang: He kicked an axe into his chest with no provocation.
Ying: :hmmm:
Xiaofang: Well, it gets worse...
Ying: Why does that not surprise me?
Xiaofang: Jing couldn't get to the prince, so he called to his fellow assassin in the stands, a small nun...
Ying: Ah, Cao'er. It's a wonder Jing hasn't gotten that sweet girl killed by now...
Xiaofang: Er, actually she darted through the guards and evaded most of them, but was run through with a spear from behind while she was doing whatever it was she was doing to the prince's near lifeless body. I've brought her corpse here for you to examine.
Cao'er: :dead:
Ying: Ew. So, did Jing escape?
Xiaofang: Yes, but as he did, he murdered most of the guards there in a blind rage. I guess Tibet was a bit pissed at all this...
Ying: And that's why we're at war now?
Xiaofang: No.
Ying: What?
Xiaofang: You see, after all this had happened, they were keen to forgive us and let by-gones be by-gones, but then Baltika9 ran onto the scene and started trying to suck the prince's dick. Naturally, they were mad that he didn't ask permission first, so now we're at war.
Ying: Well, that's Baltika for you.
Xiaofang: Indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baltika9

Arcane
Improving the world, one war at a time.
Do I get a medal?

Anyway, B1 has the highest chance of beating A1, which is at 15-14 right now. Since I want to screw around in Turfan and see if we can't spend dome quality times with Dalai Lama or Rob Halford, well. I guess I should just put in a general vote for Bx, I can live with both.

Esquilax

Arcane
Okay. treave, I've removed my conditional vote and I'm on B2 now.

B1 looks bad from an outsider's perspective and our offer of help could be horribly misunderstood. At the same time, kidnapping Yunzi confirms our guilt in the eyes of the Tufan Kingdom and ruins our reputation with the Fire Cult. In the long run, standing firm and facing the situation will benefit us far more than running away in A1 will. Of course, I still expect B2 to bite us in the ass somewhat. But it's still better than the consequences that could await us in B1; even if Cao'er does somehow reach Prince Tenzin in time, there's no guarantee that she won't be perceived as an assassin either or that she'll be able to reach him before he dies.

Nevill

Arcane
Back to B2.

If anyone voting for A1 > B2 is willing to reverse the vote order, now would be the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom