Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Elfberserker

Liturgist
He is quite boaster that one and I think most people might think he might change his "experience" for his own benefit.
Last time he lied it was only us that knew he was lieing. And people seemed to believe him.

We only saw him talking to douchebag generation. I doubt that Bai Jiutian or perhaps beggar master believed him. Others might just be fucking drunk to believe him or rather not to spoil mood during such "happy" occasion

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Good thing we didn't trust BRO Jiutian, at least:

Flopping away from C1 was perhaps shameful faggotry, but Bai Jiutian pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes here, so B2 wasn't bad either. He would have reneged on his deal when the time came. As for Zhang Manxing, I'm tempted to leave the motherfucker alive just to spite that two-faced Huashan fuck. Let's force BJ to stew and piss him off by forcing him to share the limelight with the other "pride of the Eight Sects", Zhang Manxing.

Oh, and I highly doubt that Manxing will publicly tell everyone that we kicked the shit out of him and his friends:

Given the big game that he talked, there's no way that he can backpedal and say that Xu Jing wiped the floor with him and his friends. In C, he'll probably say that we ran away from him, but in B1, he can't pin it on us. On the other hand, there's the possibility that we've got other pursuers, but I don't think that's the case:

If he wanted to betray us to Mao Sanjiao, he would have done so already. Bai Jiutian had his own agenda here, and nothing about Lingshu returning to Qingcheng benefits his sect, so I don't think that we're being followed. I think Bai Jiutian just wanted us to knock off his rival for him. The other issue is that while Manxing has no clue about these moves, if he tells BJ about how the fight went down, BJ will definitely know what we have in our arsenal. Let's play dumb for a little while, and not give BJ the satisfaction.

B2 > A1
[/quote]
(S)he might just hope we kill Manxing. Doesnt realy seem that BJ likes him.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can say anything about Bai Jiutian, but a fool he is not.

This situation is obviously constructed as a win-win scenario. Either manxing and his cronies kill us, or we kill manxing. Whatever happens, Bai Jiutian stands to gain from it.

However, is everything as simple as that?

Honestly, I would expect him to have another trap waiting for us. For a moment there, I thought it would make sense if he followed manxing. I do not think he would leave Lingshu with him alone, should zhang win the fight. His creepy attitude aside, if he forced her into the marriage and took control over Qingcheng, I doubt it would satisfy Bai. Similarly, if we kill him, he can take horrified Lingshu from us and unleash the pursuit. I just do not think that if we kill zhang it would be the end of it.

Furthermore, if we use our skill, I feel like it would reveal our secret to our enemies. If Bai is around, he would understand. Hell, if manxing lives, even if he does not understand what happened, he would be able to recognize Huashan (or other) techniques that no school ever could have taught us but we were able to use anyway. Everyone in the know who hears that will catch up on it.

I don't know if this is a secret worth keeping, though. Sooner or later it will be revealed anyway.

The smart play here would be C. We don't stand to gain anything at all by staying here. If we kill him, we play BJ's game and we might lose Lingshu - and I'd rather not have her returned to Qingcheng, which might happen without us. If we don't, we risk either our life, or our secret - which, essentially, puts our life at risk. We already know we are a far better fighter whan zhang, why would we fight him again if not to kill him?

However, I can already see Baltika9 whipping the Codex into frenzy by screaming PUSSIES (despite pussying out himself from the most trollan choice of them all), and there is a lot of hate for manxing, so I don't have high hopes for that. I guess I'll wait and see what people vote for.

Last edited:
B1 > B2

I'm tempted to also tell the fucker that BJ knew perfectly well who miss Song ran away with (she can confirm that herself) and that his "friend" actually send him to die. Then when he comes back alive BJ will be the one that would have to deal with him if he doesn't want to be implicated into this. Let him do his own dirty work.

Tribute

Arbiter
A1>B2. As far as I'm concerned it's beyond time we killed this guy, but if we want to spare Song Lingshu's sensibilities (and stop her getting the wrong impression of us, as we really do only kill people very rarely) we shouldn't display our new technique. We don't need it to beat him, considering his performance at the tournament, and if he does go back alive we don't need people knowing we've found one of the three manuals.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
You can say anything about Bai Jiutian, but a fool he is not.

This situation is obviously constructed as a win-win scenario. Either manxing and his cronies kill us, or we kill manxing. Whatever happens, Bai Jiutian stands to gain from it.

However, is everything as simple as that?

Honestly, I would expect him to have another trap waiting for us. For a moment there, I thought it would make sense if he followed manxing. I do not think he would leave Lingshu with him alone, should zhang win the fight. His creepy attitude aside, if he forced her into the marriage and took control over Qingcheng, I doubt it would satisfy Bai. Similarly, if we kill him, he can take horrified Lingshu from us and unleash the pursuit. I just do not think that if we kill zhang it would be the end of it.

Furthermore, if we use our skill, I feel like it would reveal our secret to our enemies. If Bai is around, he would understand. Hell, if manxing lives, even if he does not understand what happened, he would be able to recognize Huashan (or other) techniques that no school ever taught us but that we were able to use anyway.

I don't know if this is a secret worth keeping, though. Sooner or later it will be revealed anyway.

The smart play here would be C. We don't stand to gain anything at all by staying here. If we kill him, we might lose Lingshu - and I'd rather not have her returned to Qingcheng, which might happen without us, and we play BJ's game. If we don't, we risk either our life, or our secret - which, essentially, puts our life at risk. We already know we are a far better fighter whan zhang, why would we fight him again if not to kill him.

However, I can already see Baltika9 whipping the Codex into frenzy by screaming PUSSIES (despite pussying out himself from the most trollan choice of them all), and there is a lot of hate for manxing, so I don't have high hopes for that. I guess I'll wait and see what people vote for.
I was screaming pussies mate not Baltika.

Tribute

Arbiter
Question: will Song Lingshu care if we tell her we're killing this guy because he's a rapist and a scumbag who tried to rape two people we're very close with, or will she think we're a dangerous murderer either way if we go with A?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Flopping to B2>A1

As much I would like to improve our new technique, I think it's not time to unveiled it to world...Yet.

Kipeci

Arcane
The entire benefit from the last update was that we got to get away without the orthodontists knowing of our involvement, I'd rather not make skipping out on one of the funniest choices thus far be wasted by leaving zhang alive to gab about it. That we actually get to practice our broken doom technique without it becoming common knowledge is a nice plus, too.

Nevill

Arcane
Esquilax said:
Flopping away from C1 was perhaps shameful faggotry, but Bai Jiutian pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes here, so B2 wasn't bad either. He would have reneged on his deal if Lingshu went public, and we'd be in front of the firing line with no support. As for Zhang Manxing, I'm tempted to leave the motherfucker alive just to spite that two-faced Huashan fuck. Let's force BJ to stew and piss him off by forcing him to share the limelight with the other "pride of the Eight Sects", Zhang Manxing.
This is the most reasonable thing I've read so far. This, and telling manxing BJ tried to screw him over.

Let the spiders eat each other.

I just decided to stop lurking when the retard votes train started.
You were, like, half a year late. :D

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Question: will Song Lingshu care if we tell her we're killing this guy because he's a rapist and a scumbag who tried to rape two people we're very close with, or will she think we're a dangerous murderer either way if we go with A?

She will understand, but the casual ease with which you take their lives would still disturb her.

Tribute

Arbiter

She will understand, but the casual ease with which you take their lives would still disturb her.
We are the disciple of the Southern Maniac, and we're common-law married to the heir to the Wudu Cult. Really it's a miracle that we only murder people who are total fucking scumbags.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
We are the disciple of the Southern Maniac, and we're common-law married to the heir to the Wudu Cult. Really it's a miracle that we only murder people who are total fucking scumbags.
It has to be done. We are the judge and the executioner. He betrayed the LAW!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes, but she hasn't seen you get your murder on before. Hearing rumors about it and actually seeing you pop a man's skull like a grape are two different things.

Tribute

Arbiter
Yes, but she hasn't seen you get your murder on before. Hearing rumors about it and actually seeing you pop a man's skull like a grape are two different things.
Well, if we want to be more subtle about it, where's Qilin? She already said she would take care of killing this guy for what he did to her and Cao'er.

She's kind of dropped the ball on that so far.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Well, if we want to be more subtle about it, where's Qilin? She already said she would take care of killing this guy for what he did to her and Cao'er.

She's kind of dropped the ball on that so far.
She would have killed him with explosive ammounts of laxatives should you vote for them!

Nevill

Arcane
Esquilax said:
If he wanted to betray us to Mao Sanjiao, he would have done so already. Bai Jiutian had his own agenda here, and nothing about Lingshu returning to Qingcheng benefits his sect, so I don't think that we're being followed. I think Bai Jiutian just wanted us to knock off his rival for him. The other issue is that while Manxing has no clue about these moves, if he tells BJ about how the fight went down, BJ will definitely know what we have in our arsenal. Let's play dumb for a little while, and not give BJ the satisfaction.
I half-expect Bai to be around when the fight starts. If anything, it would be to evaluate us after we were absent for two years. Or, if manxing manages to win, to take care of him and Lingshu.

The guy seems to have killing us high on his list of objectives for some reason.

If we are followed at all, it would be by the man himself.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If Zhang Manxing drops dead painfully before the wedding, it very obviously fucks with your plans to get Song Lingshu out. Everyone would be on alert. Then he so happened to run off when it's safe to poison him. Lucky guy.

Nevill

Arcane
Because if he drops dead before the wedding, it fucks with your plans to get Song Lingshu out. Everyone would be on alert. Then he so happened to run off when it's safe to poison him. Lucky guy.
But what's the harm if his dick quietly rots off in two weeks? It doesn't have to be instant.

Eh. And Qilin calls herself a professional.

I'm tempted to also tell the fucker that BJ knew perfectly well who miss Song ran away with and that his "friend" actually send him to die.

That can be arranged for.
Then I'm for it. BJ send him after us to die because he can't stand the asshole. As it happens I can't stand him either, but I don't like be played for a tool either. Let him do his own dirty work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom