Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Where is a 'nazi' button when you need one?

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Argh. I had to fucking sleep befire flipping again, though i may not have gone to c1...theres all this DISCUSS! Raging then when i wake up its over.

Should have abstained i guess.

Baltika9

Arcane
Updated PRAY tally. Need 10 more votes.
Baltika9
Anabanana
Elfberserker
Smashing Axe
RealDDc
Esquilax
Kz3r0
Zero Credibility
Azira
Akkudakku

Total- 10

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Christ why B the worst pussy out option in the update, even voting for D youd be less of a pussy! Also no laxatives? Fuck you guys fuck you all it could have been so glorious :D
Also PRAY, why not lets see what happens.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have discovered your foul plan, Baltika9. You vote for inferior choices to make people butthurt and to have them turn to gods in a moment of weakness. This here is not a voting tally, but a list of victims who have fallen prey to your deviousness.

I shall not succumb to temptation and will vote for NO PRAY.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Encounter in the Forest

Song Lingshu leads you through the forest path, away from Qingcheng’s walls. Having swapped clothes with a female disciple that she trusts, the both of you made it out of the sect easily: they are more concerned with people going in rather than those going out.

“It feels great!” she shouts, once she thinks she is safely out of earshot. “If you hated marrying Mao Sanjiao so much, why didn’t you resist?” She gives you an embarrassed, guilty smile. “I guess I didn’t really think about it.” You wipe the melting, heavy make-up off of your face and say disbelievingly, “You didn’t think about your marriage and future happiness?”

Song Lingshu shakes her head. “Everyone was so happy and excited when he proposed the marriage that I thought it was for the best. When I realized that it might not have been such a good idea after all, it was too late. I couldn’t see a way out. I’m not a very smart person, I’m afraid.” You remember that she once complained to you that most of her sect members saw her as the leader of Qingcheng, and not as a person of her own. It looks like nothing has changed, though you doubt that Song Lingshu has done much to change it.

Duty and obligation over personal desire.

It is not something you have room to lecture her about, to be honest.

“If Young Master Bai had not enlightened me on what to do, I am afraid I would be making a terrible mistake today,” she says happily.

“You speak as if I was about as much use as a stool,” you say acidly. She gives you an apologetic slap on the back; the girl is clearly in a good mood. “Don’t worry, I’m plenty grateful to you too!” laughs Song Lingshu.

“Anyway, what do you plan to do next?” you ask, changing the topic for something more forward-looking.

“Well, my shimei has the letter that will convey my will,” she muses. She had handed over a sealed letter to her trusted female junior in the sect; it will be opened and read to the gathered guests when the time is right. According to Qilin, Yifang too had spoken with Abbess Miaozhu: you can probably expect the Abbess to add a good word in for Miss Song. If you are lucky, Bai Jiutian will throw in his support for her actions too, though he had been non-committal about the idea till the moment the two of you parted.

You are unsure what she wrote in the letter, however – the headstrong Song Lingshu had insisted that she pen it herself. All you know is that it contains a denunciation of Mao Sanjiao’s policies.

“I guess I’ll travel the land. I’d like to see what sort of reputation Qingcheng has amongst the people. If there are things that I need to fix, I will do it. That will make my standing stronger, right?” She seems a bit unsure – she hasn’t thought this out properly, but to be fair, neither have you… but you do have an inkling of what she can do while she travels.

“I think,” you say carefully, “that would help. But it’s not all you can do. Right now, people think of you as your father’s daughter. They don’t see you for yourself. You’ll have to change that and make a name of your own in the jianghu. Once you have the reputation, they will follow.”

“Build a famous reputation, just like you did for yourself?” Song Lingshu giggles at the thought of her having an unorthodox reputation. “I understand. That sounds good to me. I need to be known as a true heroine and outshine Uncle Mao. The disciples will be more eager to follow me then. Is that it?” You nod, and then say, “Except for those who are more keen on accumulating wealth and power, perhaps.” She shrugs. “I don’t want those sort of people in my Qingcheng anyway. That’s perfect!”

Humming cheerfully, Song Lingshu walks on ahead, a spring in her step.

You stop.

Someone is approaching you from behind at high speed. Turning around, you sense the rustle of the leaves as they draw closer. “Hide!” you shout out, but it’s too late. Five men glide out from the bushes, coming to a halt in front of you and Song Lingshu. You curse your carelessness – you had been so certain that you left the sect without being noticed that you had not bothered to hide or hurry after entering the forest.

“Well well, what do we have here?” sneers Zhang Manxing, swaggering around as if he owns the forest and everything in it. “Eloping with the bride, eh? I… hold on…” The words that come out of his mouth slow down and crash into one another as he gets a good look at your face. “Man Tiger Pig,” he hisses, a tinge of fear in his eyes. His hand floats unconsciously to his wounded ear. His men look at each other nervously.

“Hello again, Young Master Zhang,” you say lightly. “Do you have any business with me?”

With an effort of will, he regains control of himself, the sneer returning as if it never left. “Now I do. What are you doing all the way out here with Miss Song? Oh, are the two of you having an affair?” He licks his lips. “Come on, Miss Song, if you wanted to release your frustrations from being paired with an old geezer like Mao Sanjiao, you only had to ask me. I can guarantee your satisfaction in bed. There is no need to resort to sleeping with a flea-ridden dog like him.”

“I have always thought you were a creepy scumbag from the moment I first saw you,” snorts Song Lingshu, rolling up her sleeves. “No thank you, Zhang Manxing.”

“What a painful rejection,” he groans mockingly. “Well, never mind.”

“Surely you didn’t ride all the way out here to talk about your sexual prowess, Young Master Zhang?” you ask.

“Of course not. I came here to retrieve the bride. I overheard my most respected shixiong quietly agonizing to himself about Miss Song running away. When I confronted him, he caved in and told me about the escape. It seems that he was too cowardly to give chase, but I have no such fear holding me back.” Zhang Manxing appears to have forgotten about the fear he expressed when he first discerned your identity… or perhaps he never noticed it himself.

Song Lingshu frowns, clearly shaken by what Zhang has just said. “Young Master Bai would never…” she whispers, her fists balling up tightly. Then, she looks at you and says, “Xu Jing, can we just beat them up and go, already?” Her tone is impatient and you can sense a thirst for battle in her movements. “This creep has had a beating a long time coming.”

“A beating? Don’t get cocky! This time the fight is going to be different, Man Tiger Pig!” shouts Zhang Manxing in response. “You got lucky last time in Tufan! I was holding back! Now, you will be witness to my full skill… you will not leave this mountain standing on your feet!”

“Now that is something to fear,” you laugh. “Did you come with just your four friends back there? Surely you didn’t tell anyone else about this, did you? They could have stolen your credit.”

“Of course! I am the one who pressed my shixiong for information, I am the one who will rescue the bride, I am the one who will defeat the Man Tiger Pig today. I am not as stupid as someone like you; how could I get the credit for my hard work if I told anyone else?” Zhang seems to be telling the truth about this, at least. You believe that he is actually smart enough to come alone. He extends his arms and goes into a fighting stance confidently, as do his lackeys. It looks like the time for words is over.

You could fight him, but you are unsure if Bai Jiutian had been ‘overheard’ by anyone else. It is possible that there could be reinforcements on the way to back up Zhang Manxing, though it is also possible that these are the only pursuers that will come after you: after all, if he had betrayed you to Mao Sanjiao, there were plenty of opportunities to do so before you left the sect, and Qingcheng would have been the first on your tail even if he did so after you left.

A. You fight to kill. You will not leave him alive to report your identity back to the orthodox sects; since he and his lackeys came here without informing anyone else, you can eliminate all the witnesses in a single fight. It is time to finish him off before he becomes a bigger pain.

B. You do not fight to kill. Song Lingshu would not approve of it; if you went all out with killing intent, she would definitely be disturbed. It should not be too difficult to disable Zhang Manxing and his lackeys with your skill, and with Song Lingshu fighting alongside you.

1. You use the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill. It is a technique that you will understand better and improve quicker if you use it in a real fight. It is unlikely someone like Zhang Manxing will perceive the nature of the skill anyway.

2. You don’t use the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill. You cannot risk anyone knowing about it just yet; you’d like to keep your ability to use it a secret for a while longer. You will have other opportunities to practice it in battle.

C. You grab Song Lingshu and make a run for it. With your skills you can lose them easily in the forest. You are still not sure whether there may be more pursuers on the way; you gain nothing from fighting Zhang Manxing here but the loss of valuable time. It is more important that you distance yourself from the mountain as soon as possible.

Akkudakku - A1>B1
ScubaV - A1
Jester - A1
Tribute - A1>B2
Kz3r0 - A1
Rex Feral - A1
The Brazilian Slaughter - A1
skaraher - A1>B1
Sunnmøring - A1>A2
SirArvedeth - A1
Lambchop19 - A1>A2
Esquilax - A1

Kashmir Slippers - A2>A1
XenomorphII - A2
profreshinal - A2>A1

Kipeci - Ax
Ifeex - Ax
Baltika9 - Ax

Azira - B1>A1
Fangshi - B1>B2
Zero Credibility - B1>B2
TOME - B1>B2>C
Grimgravy - B1>B2>C
archaen - B1>C
Ganymede - B1

Elfberserker - B2>A1
Tigranes - B2>C
Nevill - B2>C
GreyViper - B2
Absinthe - B2
Smashing Axe - B2>B1
kazgar - B2
LWC1996 - B2

ERYFKRAD - Bx

Anabanana - C>A2

Final tally:

A1 - 12
A2 - 3
Ax - 3
B1 - 7
B2 - 8
Bx - 1
C - 1

Post-flop:

A1 - 18
A2 - 1
B1 - 2
B2 - 13
C - 1

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
A1, the entire benefit of the last option was that the Orthodox sects wouldn't be able to directly link us to this. Let's crush this clown and be on our way, eliminating the witnesses is for the best. If Song gets mad at us for killing him, it's not as if he hasn't been provoking Jing time after time.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Fight fight fight fight!!

Though I want to see the bugger dead, I'm tempted to humiliate him once again.

But irritated as I am from the flops on the laxatives issue earlier, I'll make a conditional vote;

B1>A1

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Fight fight fight fight!!

Though I want to see the bugger dead, I'm tempted to humiliate him once again.

But irritated as I am from the flops on the laxatives issue earlier, I'll make a conditional vote;

B1>A1
I dont know if you noticed but rest of our team is not with us. They are still behind AND this fuck knows how they look. We let him live he goes back... you see the problem? Kill the little shit!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We could just maim him, take his eyes, or his tongue. That doesn't kill him... Or would that be too brutal for Song? Anyhoo, that's my vote. For now.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
We could just maim him, take his eyes, or his tongue. That doesn't kill him... Or would that be too brutal for Song? Anyhoo, that's my vote. For now.
If B wins I demand Jing DESTROYS his balls. Also without a tongue he can still write so it would have to be eyes and tongue so he cant say their names.
He still deserves to die.
And we should destroy his balls on either option anyway :)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
In B you'll immobilize him or knock him unconscious, and leave him be. Hopefully he gets rescued in time because there are curious bears on the mountain, according to Miss Song.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
In B you'll immobilize him or knock him unconscious, and leave him be. Hopefully he gets rescued in time because apparently there are curious bears on the mountain, according to Miss Song.
Only BJ knows where he went. And I bet (s)he sent the guy after us so we kill him, the insufferable rapist he is. So I hope bears will get a feast :)

Fangshi

Arcane
B1>B2

Testing out our new skill in a fairly safe environment where no one is likely to understand its meaning seems like a good use of our time. I would rather not murder the man with Miss Song right there as well (hopefully he really does get mauled by bears...).

Edit:
If we can arrange for a double backstab then it is definitely worth it to keep him alive. Adding B2 as a conditional.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Just before Jings go away after he incapacitated Manxing 'oh and I will be taking these' he rips Manxing the Dickless ballsack.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
B1.

I think between us and Miss Song we should have no trouble finishing this fight. The only problem I see is that someone smart else might discover that we possess broken technique, if Zhang stays alive to tell anyone.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
B1.

I think between us and Miss Song we should have no trouble finishing this fight. The only problem I see is that someone smart else might discover that we possess broken technique, if Zhang stays alive to tell anyone.
'He was able to copy all my moves flawlessly Masters! He was unstopable!' Yea no one will know it was a broken tech there...
Then again why do we care if people know we have it? They dont know from where.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
B1.

'He was able to copy all my moves flawlessly Masters! He was unstopable!' Yea no one will know it was a broken tech there...
Then again why do we care if people know we have it? They dont know from where.

He is quite boaster that one and I think most people might think he might change his "experience" for his own benefit.

Fangshi

Arcane
zhang also has this tendency to lie when he fails. If we convincingly beat him again (which really we should) he may not tell anyone for fear of being humiliated (similar to the lies he told about our time in Tibet). He will probably plot and scheme but then that is what he does...

Esquilax

Arcane
Good thing we didn't trust BRO Jiutian, at least:

“Of course not. I came here to retrieve the bride. I overheard my most respected shixiong quietly agonizing to himself about Miss Song running away. When I confronted him, he caved in and told me about the escape. It seems that he was too cowardly to give chase, but I have no such fear holding me back.” Zhang Manxing appears to have forgotten about the fear he expressed when he first discerned your identity… or perhaps he never noticed it himself.

Flopping away from C1 was perhaps shameful faggotry, but Bai Jiutian pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes here, so B2 wasn't bad either. He would have reneged on his deal if Lingshu went public, and we'd be in front of the firing line with no support. As for Zhang Manxing, I'm tempted to leave the motherfucker alive just to spite that two-faced Huashan fuck. Let's force BJ to stew and piss him off by forcing him to share the limelight with the other "pride of the Eight Sects", Zhang Manxing.

Oh, and I highly doubt that Manxing will publicly tell everyone that we kicked the shit out of him and his friends:

Zhang seems to leap at the chance to tell his story. “Yes, in the barbaric Tibetan city of Dukezong. I was there to win the hand of their princess at the request of the Emperor himself, but that Xu Jing played dirty and knocked me out of the competition. Afterwards, he killed the prince, kidnapped the princess and went on a rampage all over the city, slaughtering the Tibetan barbarians. After a furious chase, I tracked him down and stopped him before he forced himself on the princess and took her chastity, but the slimy little snake managed to slip away using her as a distraction. I would have beaten him otherwise! Thankfully, I managed to rescue the princess, saving her for our Emperor.”

Given the big game that he talked, there's no way that he can backpedal and say that Xu Jing wiped the floor with him and his friends. In C, he'll probably say that we ran away from him, but in B1, he can't pin it on us. On the other hand, there's the possibility that we've got other pursuers, but I don't think that's the case:

You could fight him, but you are unsure if Bai Jiutian had been ‘overheard’ by anyone else. It is possible that there could be reinforcements on the way to back up Zhang Manxing, though it is also possible that these are the only pursuers that will come after you: after all, if he had betrayed you to Mao Sanjiao, there were plenty of opportunities to do sobefore you left the sect, and Qingcheng would have been the first on your tail even if he did so after you left.

If he wanted to betray us to Mao Sanjiao, he would have done so already. Bai Jiutian had his own agenda here, and nothing about Lingshu returning to Qingcheng benefits his sect, so I don't think that we're being followed. I think Bai Jiutian just wanted us to knock off his rival for him. The other issue is that while Manxing has no clue about these moves, if he tells BJ about how the fight went down, BJ will definitely know what we have in our arsenal. Let's play dumb for a little while, and not give BJ the satisfaction.

Then again, A1 is cool too. Miss Song needs to realize that this is how the Southern Maniac's apprentice rolls, sooner rather than later.

B2 > A1

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom