Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
She needs to learn the specific technique first.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
B3

Let's heed advices of Qilin and constables. After all you can't investigate with empty stomach and I must find about the duck. Besides we better to keep eye on Yifang and Miss Song.

kazgar

Arcane
B1 has shades of trying to subdue the whole city, and no point overexerting ourselves before things get serious.

Tribute

Arbiter
B3. Everyone knows in wuxia that the one guy who keeps sitting there calmly enjoying his meal in the middle of an all-out brawl is the guy you don't want to fuck with, and I imagine people in Youxia Cita are wise to that particular fact.

As an aside, youxia city? That's an ironic name.

Tribute

Arbiter
Can we show some polite interest in Lady Suien's interesting device during dinner conversation?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

It actually started off as a place for adventuring and vagrant pugilists to rest their feet, hence the name. The criminal element only came about some hundred years or so back.

Can we show some polite interest in Lady Suien's interesting device during dinner conversation?

You're already having dinner right now, actually.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Treave, is the food already paid for or do we have the treasurer with us? I just can't help but wonder if we're going to have an entertaining bill for all this that we can't actually pay.

Tribute

Arbiter

It actually started off as a place for adventuring and vagrant pugilists to rest their feet, hence the name. The criminal element only came about some hundred years or so back.
Maybe working on fixing it up would be a good way for Lingshu to make a name for herself. Help make it into a haven for wandering heroes again. And then offer anyone promising a place in her new Qingcheng.

Just... not all on her own, and not by completely overthrowing the current establishment. We don't want a repeat of last time.

You're already having dinner right now, actually.
Yeah, I just meant bringing it up and asking about it. It's neat, and I imagine Jing would think it's neat. Most of his scholarly interests lean toward weaponry and military affairs, yes?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Treave, is the food already paid for or do we have the treasurer with us? I just can't help but wonder if we're going to have an entertaining bill for all this that we can't actually pay.

Funny that you asked, Jiang is about to leave without paying. :lol:

But Lady Suien is holding the purse for this excursion, and given the current status of the city the word of the Emperor's agents can count for something. A bit of something.

You might have to write a letter to Shun, depending on how things turn out.

Yeah, I just meant bringing it up and asking about it. It's neat, and I imagine Jing would think it's neat. Most of his scholarly interests lean toward weaponry and military affairs, yes?

He would, after this fuss is settled. Whether she would talk is another matter, though.

Tribute

Arbiter
That's a good point. While he'd probably ask purely out of curiosity, knowing the codex we'd then start trying to combine it with our Fire Medicine to equip the Fire Cult with guns.

Which would be a potential theat to the country.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
That's a good point. While he'd probably ask purely out of curiosity, knowing the codex we'd then start trying to combine it with our Fire Medicine to equip the Fire Cult with guns.

Which would be a potential theat to the country.
They don't know that we have gunpowder though ;-)

Tribute

Arbiter
Really, for all this talk about how everyone's going to see Xu Jing as Fire Lord as a threat to China and whatnot... if nothing else, the fact that we're close personal friends of the emperor should help there. Of course, none of the authorities in the jianghu know about that, and the imperial court doesn't like us much.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How would it help? The Emperor can not oppose the same Eight Sects that control almost all of the economy in the Empire and contribute a sizeable amount to its military forces. He can't support either us or the Fire Cult directly. So what exactly do you propose?

We are not going to war with China, but a confrontation with the orthodoxes is only a matter of time.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
Mostly in that we're not an active threat to the country, its culture, and its way of life. If we were, the Emperor wouldn't put up with us.

Baltika9

Arcane
I have this nagging feeling that Yunzi is in the same restaraunt as us at this very moment. Hopefully B3 gets her attention on us.
Mostly in that we're not an active threat to the country, its culture, and its way of life. If we were, the Emperor wouldn't put up with us.
And as it stands right now, he cannot afford to publicly help us thanks to Ahura's actions, e.g killing Wang.

Kipeci

Arcane
How would it help? The Emperor can not oppose the same Eight Sects that control almost all of the economy in the Empire and contribute a sizeable amount to its military forces. He can't support either us or the Fire Cult directly. So what exactly do you propose?

We are not going to war with China, but a confrontation with the orthodoxes is only a matter of time.
They don't control all of the economy, though. They do keep order in and around the cities and mountains of where they're established, and they are ridiculously powerful relative to non-pugilists (not to mention that they have a lot of influence among the people and other shadier things) but I think our perception is somewhat colored by the fact that Jing doesn't really care about much that's wholly unrelated to pugilism. He has been looking for a way to curb their influence and while I agree that he probably wouldn't publicly use the military against them or anything on that sort of level were they to try attack the Fire Cult and he knew that we headed it up, there's no reason to think that he wouldn't be providing any sort of support to us. Look to the situation with the Wudu Cult, he can figure out ways to support his friends without succumbing to external pressures.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom