Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The only person who would be of help to us in B and not risk getting herself killed at the same time is Armaiti. I'd imagine Bai Jiutian could kill or take hostage anyone else there with ease, ourselves included.

Plus, Song Lingshu might reveal herself unintentionally if Bai touches upon some unsavory topics.

So if we are taking freeform choices, Jing+Armaiti would be my preference.

Still, they never work like I expect them to, so I probably should choose something from what is already on the table.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You should delete that quote then. :lol:

Besides, I can't explain it fully without going into SPOILERS territory, so I'd rather not.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As you wish, then.

But if you want it described in detail just why Nie Wuxing's wife is not Xu Jing and how prior history affects perception and how people, when faced with a situation first-hand, might not actually be as objective or rational as someone looking in from the outside, just let me know. :M:M;)

Hey, don't bother for me. All I'm saying is that if these two were comfortable enough with security of this place to openly discuss treason against the emperor and the chief secretary, it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to conclude it is secure enough for him to talk to us. I'm pretty sure that if this conversation was overheard by someone else there would be some problems for them to deal with even though she doesn't have the reputation we have.

Nevill

Arcane
treave, what do names like Cao'er, Pu'er, Tian'er mean? Are they mononyms?

Chinese names consist of family names and given names. But do the people listed only have given names?

I'd assume mononyms were used for common folk who are not important enough to have a family name (but how can it be if even a mere farmer like Guo Fu has one?), or the ones who do not know what family they belong to, or in some other special circumstances (Emperors' royal names were mononyms so far). Or am I getting a wrong impression?

It does sound like Jiutian was picked up from the streets, though.

Last edited:

profreshinal

Arcane
A>C A>F

There's obviously going to be a fight and it's probably a trap but to what end? capturing or killing us or trying to force us into using our QWS skill and confirming it for him.

No new companions on the character sheet? :(

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, what do the names like Cao'er, Pu'er, Tian'er mean? Are they mononyms?

Chinese names consist of family names and given names. But do the people listed only have given names?

I'd assume mononyms to be used for common folk who are not important enough to have a family name (but how can it be if even a mere farmer like Guo Fu has one?), or the ones who do not know what family they belong to, or in some other special circumstances. Or am I getting a wrong impression?

It does sound like Bai was picked up from the streets, though.

More or less, yeah. If I don't mention a surname on first meeting, they usually don't have one. These are orphans and unrecognized bastard children and the like that were never properly registered into a family. But there's no clear cut rule here. Some might elect to assign a surname for themselves. In Cao'er's case Yao never gave her one, and he has bad naming sense (her name means herb/grass).

Complicating matters a bit, it could also be a familiar, affectionate form of address from someone older. For example, Jing's parents could call him Jing'er. So could Yao or Zhang Jue. Uh, if they wanted to.

In Bai's case, it could be both his 'real name' and Mrs. Nie's term of endearment, depending on his backstory.

Edit: All the Emperors in this dynasty have the surname of Li.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Hey, don't bother for me. All I'm saying is that if these two were comfortable enough with security of this place to openly discuss treason against the emperor and the chief secretary, it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to conclude it is secure enough for him to talk to us. I'm pretty sure that if this conversation was overheard by someone else there would be some problems for them to deal with even though she doesn't have the reputation we have.
This, why people are so enamoured with miss Bay that they always oblige everytime he bats his eyelids?

Baltika9

Arcane
We came here to talk and deal with BJ, so we ought to be doing just that. Mount Hua was obviously the most dangerous choice for us, but that shouldn't mean that we miss the opportunity it presents.
A >B

Nevill

Arcane
This, why people are so enamoured with miss Bay that they always oblige everytime he bats his eyelids she bats her eyelashes?
Here, fixed it for you. Now it's not so strange, is it?

They still believe he's a she.
A man can dream, right? And we only believe it because you write him/her that way.

Why, you almost promised us he can have a genderswap if we accumulate enough tsundere points with him.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, could we please have Yunzi's and Armaiti's skill sheets? I want to see ehere we dtand in regards to man girl power for B.

Nevill

Arcane
The narrative established them as your equals, so you can have a rough estimation. Yunzi is probably slightly below you, while Armaiti i slightly above.

Any two of us together can probably overpower Bai Jiutian.

Baltika9

Arcane
I honestly think we're good enough for BJ alone even when bith of us cut loose. Still, it would be retarded for the two of us to have a Deadly Wuxia Showdown on Huehueshan. Us, because it gets us caught and BJ because it would be damn troublesome to explain this shit away. If he wanted to capture/kill us, he wouldn't call us out to a secluded spot. All he'd need to do is raise the alarm now and give chase, we'd be in his hands in minutes.
BJ does want a Q&A session with us.

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
Us, because it gets us caught and BJ because it would be damn troublesome to explain this shit away. If he wanted to capture/kill us, he wouldn't call us out to a secluded spot.
It is secluded precisely so that no one gets caught if we have a showdown and thus no one has to explain anything.

I can only think that what he wants to talk with us about concerns the manual. The question is, do we want him to know we have access to one? Because if a fight breaks out, I think he will try and force our hand to prove his suspicions.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
Us, because it gets us caught and BJ because it would be damn troublesome to explain this shit away. If he wanted to capture/kill us, he wouldn't call us out to a secluded spot.
It is secluded precicely so that no one gets caught if we have a showdown and thus no one has to explain anything.
Exactly, this is the right moment and place, but I am sure that we will fall for the honey trap here.

Baltika9

Arcane
Okay, if he wants to ambush/kill us, why doesn't he do so now? He has the perfect opportunity, and yet he is settling for diplomacy.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Okay, if he wants to ambush/kill us, why doesn't he do so now? He has the perfect opportunity, and yet he is settling for diplomacy.

It is secluded precisely so that no one gets caught if we have a showdown and thus no one has to explain anything.

Edit:
He is the one that sent Zhang Maxing after us and got blamed for that, how do you think people will react knowing that the would be killer of his senior was in his room at night?

Nevill

Arcane
I give it two hours tops before 'do we trust Bai Jiutian to do the right thing?!' arguments pop up.

Three hours until +1 SWORDS.

Baltika9

Arcane
The fuck does he have to explain here? MTP snuck into his quarters, guards, capture him!
He has the perfect chance to bring us down right now.

Nevill

Arcane
I think you two misinterpret what the other is saying.

Bai Jiutian does not want us killed or captured before he is through with us, and maybe a bit after that. He has got a lead on the manual and he didn't share it with anybody else. Chances are, he wants it for himself, not for the glory of Huashan, in which case killing us is wasteful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom