Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Akkudakku

Arbiter
It is the Brown Wedding. No tangible short-term benefit except for the cool narrative. What it means for us and Yunzi down the road we can only guess.

The Brown Wedding would have had tangible benefits. Nobody would be able to take Mao Sanjiao seriously ever again, and his wedding reception would become the butt of jokes for centuries to come. It would completely fuck over his attempts to take the Qingcheng Sect from Song Lingshu.
Well thats true. But then again nice job breaking it hero and shooting holes into our options rethoric :D

But I still believe C is worth it just for the narrative and messing with Yunzi's head (and finally breaking that mental barier between Jing and her).

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'd like to go on record saying that I was one of the strongest supporters of the brown wedding, right up until treave made it sound like it wouldn't work on the masters. I wonder if the Shaolin would be willing to bro with us had we actually gone through with it through.

Hmm. Esquilax's mentioning of the mansion made think. Ok. Let's see what happens. C>A

Ifeex

Augur
Just to make sure: you guys do remember that losing this means that Xuxian gets meditation prison for the next 52 years, right?

Jester

Arbiter
Those are the same Elders that Fangzhang probably took to a night at the red light discrict when they were younger. They'll be fine.

They're from the same generation as the dearly departed Iron Shaft, they wouldn't have gotten to where they are today without being the perverted degenerates that the late Abbot Fangzhang was.
This raises questions about the current Abbot's fight style... Also I do seem to have a vision just how they beat Yunzi... Poor girl...
HOLLY THOSE OLD MAN HAVE PERVERTED TECHS? We should ask them for manual of 16 hands strip.

Esquilax

Arcane
Just to make sure: you guys do remember that losing this means that Xuxian gets meditation prison for the next 52 years, right?

Yes. But winning with B doesn't necessarily mean that we free him either.

I don't think these guys will listen to Jing if he completes the challenge with little to no display of his martial arts, and just coasts by on trolling and qi drain. Yeah, they've made you an honorary member because you completed the challenge and they're obligated to open up some resources to you and be your ally so long as you don't do anything cunty afterwards, but I don't think they'll bother listening to us if we complete this in such a douchey way. Yeah, you'll be one of them, but based on your conduct here and the fact that you didn't really earn it, you won't really be one of them.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Those are the same Elders that Fangzhang probably took to a night at the red light discrict when they were younger. They'll be fine.

They're from the same generation as the dearly departed Iron Shaft, they wouldn't have gotten to where they are today without being the perverted degenerates that the late Abbot Fangzhang was.
This raises questions about the current Abbot's fight style... Also I do seem to have a vision just how they beat Yunzi... Poor girl...
HOLLY THOSE OLD MAN HAVE PERVERTED TECHS? We should ask them for manual of 16 hands strip.
18 hands strip you mean

Ifeex

Augur

Yes. But winning with B doesn't necessarily mean that we free him either.

I don't think these guys will listen to Jing if he completes the challenge with little to no display of his martial arts, and just coasts by on trolling and qi drain. Yeah, they've made you an honorary member because you completed the challenge and they're obligated to open up some resources to you and be your ally so long as you don't do anything cunty afterwards, but I don't think they'll bother listening to us if we complete this in such a douchey way. Yeah, you'll be one of them, but based on your conduct here and the fact that you didn't really earn it, you won't really be one of them.
Considering that the B vote says that we will be able to match the Abbot, not simply overpower him outright, I'd say that there would be quite a display of martial arts.

Also I just noticed that I'm finally taking a (minor) part in the DISCUSS!. It only took me 969 pages.

Tribute

Arbiter
Dissapointing... Thats what it is. And I don't know why are you voting this way guys - you either wan't NONE rep from shaolin for using dickish tricks or just hate Yunzi?
I don't hate Yunzi. She ran ahead and got her ass kicked, now it's our turn.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Winning the gauntlet only means that you will no longer be an outsider.

It does not give you the right to decide anything in itself. It must be earned separately.

I can't believe people blame her for not sitting in one place for hours while we took our sweet time with a puzzle. :|

B doesn't necessarily insure we'll win and could mean quite the opposite.

Nevill brought this up earlier:
Blocking an attempted eye-poke with the edge of your palm, you call out, “Hey, what happened to Shaolin pride?”
“Pragmatism in moderation, as in all things, young master,” says the elder with a profoundly cryptic air; never mind that he had just attempted to jab his fingers into your eyes.
“You must be thinking that we are cowards for giving up here?” smiles one of them suddenly.
“Pragmatism in moderation, young master,” he repeats. “We will leave the rest in the Abbot’s hands.”
Does our supercharged state somehow present a weakness the Abbot can exploit in the next fight? Why else would they give up rather than at least weaken us back to our normal levels?

Tribute

Arbiter
Well thats true. But then again nice job breaking it hero and shooting holes into our options rethoric :D

But I still believe C is worth it just for the narrative and messing with Yunzi's head (and finally breaking that mental barier between Jing and her).
That's exactly why I'm not voting C. If we do that to her I don't think she'll have a very easy time concentrating on the fight (or at least, fighting someone who isn't Jing).

Dissapointing... Thats what it is. And I don't know why are you voting this way guys - you either wan't NONE rep from shaolin for using dickish tricks or just hate Yunzi?

First step for our allies to start to hate us, abandoning them and then blaming them its their fault.
True. Picking B would pretty much confirm her earlier accusation that we just used her to take out all the fighters between us and the masters, from her point of view anyway.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Think about it this way - we are single supercharged fighter, but the abbot has some POWERFUL defensive moves. He just bids his time and wins exactly the same way Xuxian did with the 18 ahrats - by time.

Jester

Arbiter
Wasn't talking about you. :) Your Yunzi hate is as much a part of your motivation as Smashing Axe's Dio-worship. If that is the kind of story you want to get, I am fine with it. Just... don't dress it in numbers to make into some kind of a theorem that has to be true for everyone.

Speaking of which, I feel bad for the bro. Smashing Axe has endured two LP's of do-gooder bullshit with only one small, glorious moment of Dio, which we (myself included) weren't really committed to, and he's barely said a peep about it. When this LP inevitably ends, we must really play a horrible cunt of a character. root's Dirge LP is a good start there. Seriously bros, if you want pure grimdark, check it out. The writing is fantastic.
Cathulu Lp the witch patch should be something for Smashing Axe. He can count on my vote.

Fangshi

Arcane
Tribute said:
Yunzi ran ahead and left Jing behind. That's abandoning him, not him abandoning her.

treave said:
As she lands next to you, she mutters a long curse in Tujue. “Stupid wooden dolls! What’s with that sudden attack? That’s not fair!”

“Well, it is pretty smart of the makers,” you grin, earning yourself an angry, scornful stare from Yunzi.

“Don’t make me throw you into the mannequins,” she mutters, glancing at the wooden mannequins. “Are you asking for a fight?

“Here?” You wonder if there could possibly be any reasons not to fight right here. “I suppose it wouldn’t be fun enough if we crossed in perfect peace and harmony, would it? Are you proposing a race?

If you have enough guts to accept it.” Yunzi’s eyes scan the mannequins again – you realize that she is attempting to observe the vertical movements of the mannequins. It looks like she’ll make another try to cross the room by hopping over the mannequins.

To be entirely fair Jing goaded her into it, he even put the idea in her head.

He was the first person to mention a race, she just latched on to the idea.

We then proceeded to use her to clear out the next two floors.

So from her perspective it is fairly reasonable to assume that we were simply manipulating her all along and that we abandoned her by not even trying.

That is probably what is making her so butthurt.

Ifeex

Augur
Think about it this way - we are single supercharged fighter, but the abbot has some POWERFUL defensive moves. He just bids his time and wins exactly the same way Xuxian did with the 18 ahrats - by time.
If we are a single supercharged fighter, and the Abbot has good defensive techniques, it would be easier to overcome them by virtue of being supercharged and liberal use of WQS. A single supercharged fighter is stronger than 2 strong ones.

Jester

Arbiter
Dont know what other people think, but i dislike steroids fight option and are more of wife no 1 person.

Hey, just because something is completely retarded doesn't mean it also isn't effective as well!
To learn some techs correctly you must be idiot part of this setting.

Jester

Arbiter
18 hands strip you mean
Yes sry thought that it was 8 venerable elders not 9.

Also I just noticed that I'm finally taking a (minor) part in the DISCUSS!. It only took me 969 pages.
Sound like smart thing to do, that not taking part in. Still it is boring option so i will not vote on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom