Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave said:
In an awkward turn of events, Guo Fu and his family had to be persuaded for a good half hour to raise their heads from the floor when they eventually found out about Shun’s true identity. As you travel, you find more time to progress your study of martial arts…
I thought this would be more of a surprise to our girls, Yifang specifically. The poor girl must have been tired of trying to wrap her mind about who we really are. A honorary Shaolin member, a Firelord and now a brother to the Emperor.

I am not too sure about teaching Shun the basics of WQS. Why would he ever need that? Not that I mind, but I feel a bit uneasy about this.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I thought this would be more of a surprise to our girls, Yifang specifically. The poor girl must have been tired of trying to wrap her mind about who we really are. A honorary Shaolin memmber, a Firelord and a brother to the Emperor.

I am not too sure about teaching Shun the basics of WQS. Why would he ever need that? Not that I mind, but I feel a bit uneasy about this.
Turning him into a vegetable would be sad but Jing will drop that info on him too.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Your love affair with the Emperor has been covered thoroughly by Cao'er during their girls' talk.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Your love affair with the Emperor has been covered thoroughly by Cao'er during their girls' talk.
Still the poor little ex nun must have quite a problem with going to the bottom of what person Jing actually is to 'save his soul' :D one sentence so early in the story and it is still trolling someone so hard :D

Nevill

Arcane
Damn that girl and her long tongue! I thought she wasn't one for gossiping... or talking at all.

Next thing you know, our affair with BJ will become public knowledge.

treave said:
This time, your retinue has expanded to include the Southern Maniac as well, in addition to Shun, Gao Ying and Xiaofang.
Can we get the stats on them as well? :)

Our master and Gao Ying are the only ones who interest me, really.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Damn that girl and her long tongue! I thought she wasn't one for gossiping... or talking at all.

Next thing you know, our affair with BJ will become public knowledge.
Knowing that Qilin is not that great with alcohol some day on one of those girly evenings it might slip her tongue :p

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Xu Jing will be known for non-discrimination. Male, female, old, young, demons or immortals, it's all fair game to him.

As for stats, well, you can't order any of them around except maybe Xiaofang. We'll see.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, would the fiery eye skill be less useful for Jing, seeing as he only has the one eye? Or would the empty eye-socket also shoot qi? If so, that is decidedly awesome...

Akkudakku

Arbiter
treave, would the fiery eye skill be less useful for Jing, seeing as he only has the one eye? Or would the empty eye-socket also shoot qi? If so, that is decidedly awesome...
And the most awesome is the PER boost :p what would be cool if the ember in the socket would react and start to work as an healthy eye pupil

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Right. If WQ is improved sufficiently, it should be able for Jing to learn all of this simply by observation, correct?

If so, I believe Jing's focus ought to stay on the WQ skill, though I also very much see the merit in tropic's choices. A solid defensive, coupled with the possibly best counters known. Badass...

Still.

A
X
XI

Also, I do not really believe that Jing is in any danger of losing himself to meditation. He's much too interested in the physical world, as exemplified in his reaction when he became the Lord of Fire. Remember old Wang's disembodied voice? He expressed amusement that Jing found the secrets of the universe boring to contemplate.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The one eye won't make the skill any less useful. Zhang Jue makes do with just one, after all. And yeah, level up enough and you'll be able to pick up techniques on sight.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
The one eye won't make the skill any less useful. Zhang Jue makes do with just one, after all. And yeah, level up enough and you'll be able to pick up techniques on sight.
I dint want to mess with your mechanics and all but shouldnt higher WQ and INT grant us more learning points? :p

Baltika9

Arcane
For those heretics that wish to skip the Lion's Roar:
You see him visibly breathe in. Too late, you realize the technique he is about to use: one of the moves that he perfected abroad.

Zhang Jue shouts – no, roars to the heavens so loudly that you cannot do anything but freeze up; you can almost imagine it is loud enough to be heard on the mainland. A powerful wave of pressure blasts you away at the same time. The last time he did it, he collapsed the Minamoto village. The Xiongshi Violent Roar (雄狮暴吼, Manly Lion’s Violent Roar) was a technique you had yet to find a proper counter for.

You sink to your knees, your ears ringing and your legs numb from the sonic assault even as dead birds drop to the ground around you.

Perhaps one day they will learn to fly around the island.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A

VI. You learn the Xiongshi Violent Roar (雄狮暴吼, Manly Lion’s Violent Roar) from Zhang Jue, a qi-based technique that blows away the enemy with a loud roar. The strength of the move depends on the amount of neigong that you have.

VII. You attempt to pick up Zhang Jue’s Jinshe Baojun Fiery Eye (金蛇暴君火眼, Fiery Eye of the Serpent Tyrant), an advanced technique that enhances perception and allows the practitioner to project qi from his eyes to immobilize or damage his opponent.

I was pretty determited to vote for defensive stuff, but then glorious Zhang Jue happened.

Edit: Changed laser eyes for earth steps.

Edit: Fuck it. I can't resist the temptation of eye lasers

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Zhang probably knows by now through fighting you and observing Armaiti. Shun is smart enough to have figured it out shortly after the Youxia City report came in.

Nevill

Arcane
Zhang probably knows by now through fighting you and observing Armaiti. Shun is smart enough to have figured it out shortly after the Youxia City report came in.
But we didn't do anything that would implicate us as such back in Youxia... did we?

Unless it was Yunzi's erratic behavior that gave it away.

Ifeex

Augur
x X XI.

If we get 2 more levels in WQS we will be able to get techs just by looking at them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom