Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Hey treave, when the time skips start getting big how much history that will happen be recognizable? The butterfly effect caused by our actions could quite possibly prevent the existence of Carthage or Alexander's conquest of Persia.

I'm on the verge of flopping to a trip back to Egypt, but I really want to get Marduk now, before either side has managed to win.
I doubt either side is going to win this quickly. Zeus has the home advantage and a whole pantheon of immortals on his side. Marduk has his power, power amplifiers and super soldiers. It's a pretty even fight at the moment. No, this choice is about who gets the short end of the stick.

Choice A means Egypt gets razed to the ground by Ares. Choice B means Greece gets destroyed in the fighting. C means both get clobbered.

Of these choices I take B. Unlike Greece we have invested a lot of time and effort in making sure Egypt was prosperous and safe from Gieloth and Master's influence. I'd hate for that to go to waste. Plus, when the time comes I'd much rather face Marduk and Zeus and their armies with an army of our own, and the only place we might find one (apart from stripping down Babylon defenses, which I'm definitely against) is Egypt.

Shame about Greece, but Egypt is more important to us at this point. So let's get there, declare ourselves Runi that has come to aid Egypt in this dire time, unite Egypt and Babylonians behind us and drive Ares into the sea (also, ask Sekhenun if she can prepare some of that immortal killing poison). Then move on to Greece with our armies to end this once and for all.

ScubaV

Prophet
There are a lot of ways this can be played, but I think I'll go with a bold plan: claim godhood, make our will known to the people, and then go to rescue Egypt claiming the mantle of Runi. Leave Greece to Zeus and Marduk while we consolidate and strengthen the two homes we've known. We can be the benevolent but fierce god that watches over his people without actually fooling around with administration. This should allow us some freedom to come and go as we please, exploring the world if we like.

1) C. You open up recruitment for all qualified personnel regardless of their history. What you need are skilled administrators to allow Babylon to thrive, and you cannot afford to be picky about the men you choose as long as they can do the job.

We need the best we can get and I see this choice having synergy with decimation (put some fear into potential traitors) and crowning Gudersu (he needs a lot of administrative help).

2) D. You introduce yourself as a new god to the pantheon and put Shulgi up there as a new addition equal to, not greater or lesser than, the old gods. 3 (or 1, whichever can defeat 2). You do not do anything about Marduk worship.

Claim immortality, throw the cultists a bone, and let Marduk worship fade out on its own. Violence didn't work with the cultists way back when and Marduk was horribly oppressing his people. It shouldn't be too hard to win their hearts and minds.

3) B. Run a psychic check together with Sekhenun and keep only the ones that would loyally follow your cause. Kill 1 in 10 of the rest to set an example for the others. This will leave you with about 1800 soldiers. 1. Get the Gutians to come as 'mercenaries' to bolster your troops. A

We need raw numbers and we can also establish our dominance with B. This one example of how Ean the god must behave differently from Ean the mortal. Bring in the Gutians for numbers and because they are loyal. Decimation will force the other soldiers to accept the Gutians as well, even if grudgingly.

4) C. You call Gudersu here and give him the crown. B

A is out. I don't want Ean tied down. The people likely won't support an oppressive noble from the old regime (B). The cultists can't be trusted in case Shulgi comes back (C). And E is probably too drastic a change with everything else going on. Bring in Gudersu, explain that he is favored by us for his hospitality and loyalty when we were wandering the desert, and surround him with capable administrators.

5) B. You travel to Egypt to aid in their defense. Showing up at a desperate time and rescuing the Egyptians will take away credit from Marduk. Let Zeus and Marduk battle it out in Greece.

Time to capitalize on the Runi myth.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Arright, you convinced me that decimation will be helpful in keeping the new-old administration in check, allowing us to trust them to help Gudersu while we're absent. Flopping to visit Egypt in my original post. Also, the story of a god rewarding his hospitality is really cool. We should, however, spend a few days (weeks?) showing off our powers. Just to underline our godhood. And while we're at it, we should claim our rightful place as the REAL Marduk :smug:

Kipeci

Arcane
C. With the most competent administration we can find, we'll prosper more and anger the people less, resulting in a stabler government less easily overthrown.

B3. Nothing good will come from proclaiming our divinity, this option appeases the folks who never got into Marduk worship and the Shulgi cultists as well to reward them for their loyalty. Some people worry that Shulgi will come back and take control, but, well... honestly, just about any immortal could do such a thing, as we've seen by having our own cult hijacked. If it'd been as easy to reclaim as telling them 'yo bros, I'm the real god here!' we'd have done it. I also don't want to stamp out the descendents of the folks who decided to worship us, let's avoid killing our people if we can avoid it. Oppressing them is likely to inspire revolts.

C or A, whichever gets more votes behind it. I'd prefer going with C, as I believe we should go with traitors once they betray us (before that point we can possibly persuade some to us, after all) but I can tolerate A. Also, I'm going with 1! The Gutians should be fine with fighting for some straight cash, and we need to bolster our ranks anyway, especially if we go with B or A.

C, provided that Gudersu wants it. Actually, would it be possible to start up a dual monarchy? That might be the best option, with him and us. We could abdicate once he's ready to rule by himself.
Finally, there was the issue on who would be the ruler of the city...

C. We need to stabilize Babylon, having it collapse will just make it easy prey for any Gieloth willing to strike it again.

ScubaV

Prophet
I'm curious how our hunger and eating works regarding non-Gieloth immortals. Can they still regenerate from whatever we don't eat/our poop? Or since we are devouring their essence/powers does that in effect kill them? Maybe we'll find out with Ares.

Esquilax

Arcane
We can be the benevolent but fierce god that watches over his people without actually fooling around with administration. This should allow us some freedom to come and go as we please, exploring the world if we like.

Fuck yes. This is how we should handle things. Not staying in any one particular place is especially important now that we've made enemies of both the Gieloth and the Masters.

However, I'm worried about 1C, especially if Gudersu is King. He's very politically naive, which is why we need to vet everyone who works with him. If someone with strong sympathies to the old regime is working as Gudersu's advisor, it's likely that they would start plotting against him. Wanketh was killed because his advisor Kumare betrayed him, and I see a similar thing occurring if we don't ensure that Gudersu isn't surrounded by the right people.

Still, I think that we really shouldn't explicitly allow Marduk worship to continue. We shouldn't stamp it out (it caused a shitload of unrest with Shulgi's cult) but we definitely shouldn't officially allow Marduk to be worshipped - the cultists would be furious! Quietly looking the other way will be the best bet for maintaining stability in the country.

I'm also not sure why we should declare our own divinity as an equal to Shulgi either. To counter the possible return of Shulgi? Other than that, I really don't see the benefits.

3) B. Run a psychic check together with Sekhenun and keep only the ones that would loyally follow your cause. Kill 1 in 10 of the rest to set an example for the others. This will leave you with about 1800 soldiers. 1. Get the Gutians to come as 'mercenaries' to bolster your troops.

We need raw numbers and we can also establish our dominance with B. This one example of how Ean the god must behave differently from Ean the mortal. Bring in the Gutians for numbers and because they are loyal. Decimation will force the other soldiers to accept the Gutians as well, even if grudgingly.

4) C. You call Gudersu here and give him the crown.

A is out. I don't want Ean tied down. The people likely won't support an oppressive noble from the old regime (B). The cultists can't be trusted in case Shulgi comes back (C). And E is probably too drastic a change with everything else going on. Bring in Gudersu, explain that he is favored by us for his hospitality and loyalty when we were wandering the desert, and surround him with capable administrators.

I'm really iffy about the decimation. It could just as likely cause widespread resentment and foment a possible mutiny down the road. Then again, the Gutians are also foreigners who are regarded as scummy barbarians, so perhaps some decimation is the right call here to ensure military cohesion.

If you ask me, the biggest advantage of crowning Gudersu would be that it might bring an alliance with all the other Gutian tribes that reside east of Babylon. There must be more of them, maybe Gudersu can unite his tribe and bring more of his people along.

Edit: Actually, I'm willing to flop to 1C so long as it means that we can personally vet any incoming bureaucrats and administrators via telepathy before we leave the country. Otherwise, it isn't worth it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hey treave, when the time skips start getting big how much history that will happen be recognizable? The butterfly effect caused by our actions could quite possibly prevent the existence of Carthage or Alexander's conquest of Persia.

Honestly history is pretty much off the rails by this point, thanks to Marduk. Ean's actions have had an imprint on history but not enough so that things like Carthage and Alexander, further off in the future, are affected. I'm running with a high level of historical inertia to make things easier for me to plan out where possible.

Marduk's conquest of India and the war with the Greeks, however, is a big deal, and depending on how it ends, the consequences might be severe (i.e. setbacks to Greece which might delay or even make it so that its Classical Age never comes, which in turn will pretty much change Western history). If you still had the voices it wouldn't be so bad, they have knowledge which can help push history back on track, or even start a new Golden Age for a people if applied correctly.

At any rate, most of the stuff is Marduk's fault right now. There's a reason why every faction besides his own wants him dead. If he stays alive for another fifty years there'll be enough culture mixing that Alexander will be looking at a very different scenario if he appears.

Tigranes

Arcane
Not decided yet, but:

1. C Capable Administrators: an obvious choice, and necessary in the long run to create a prosperous nation; we just need enough authority and stability to guarantee it.
  2. D3 or E3. Declare ourselves as a God, leave Marduk cult alone. Esquilax is right that we must simply allow the Marduk cult to die out. Oppression will have an adverse effect but we certainly don't want to keep it around. One caveat - are we convinced any and all Gieloth presence has been eliminated? It will go a long way to ensuring this path works, since the main reason Shulgi's cult survives is probably his own intervention from time to time. On the Shulgi question, the only good reason I can see to elevate him is to keep the cultists on our side - we can't rule just with the Gutians, they won't have much moral authority. So if we don't throw them a bone anywhere else we must do so here, though if Shulgi reappears it would be pretty annoying.
  3. C1 I'd keep everyone around, and bring in the Gutians. We don't want to create a sharp division where Gutians are like the Ostrogoths and the Babylonians the Romans, and decimation - well, someone explain to me how that will help the soldiers accept the Gutians?
  4. A or C. Gudersu would not make a good King. Perhaps he could be trained into it, but he won't be happy, and as a Gutian he will be a source of mutinous feelings amongst the disaffected. I mean, how numerous are the Gutians both here and elsewhere? Do we know? But I don't know if there's a better alternative - E is too drastic indeed. I know we don't want to be stuck here, but Ean as God-King wouldn't be so bad.
  5. A or C. I don't think Egypt is a great option. Leaving as soon as we are made God we are pretty much guaranteeing that we give up any sort of lasting power base or a powerful, united Sumerian Empire for the time being - if we don't end up being usurped by Shulgi / Marduk loyalist / whoever immediately, that is. All for what? Going to Egypt doesn't directly help us kill Marduk, we won't be able to take over the country there, and the Runi legend is pretty flimsy by itself. Seriously, we go to all this trouble, we have to go for the jugular with Esquilax(?)'s plan and kill Marduk, or stay here and make sure we get a kingdom out of it. I feel the most strongly about this one - No Egypt.

ScubaV

Prophet
Esquilax, I'm in favor of declaring our divinity for the same reasons we've been fostering legends about Ean: it gives us a lasting attachment to the people that we can leverage in upcoming conflicts with Gieloth and the Masters. The difference is that a deity is a much more durable icon than even the most impressive mortal legend. If we go back to Egypt and claim to be Runi, no one will believe us who doesn't then think that Runi is actually a god or demigod. Once we claim divinity we can use the same identity over and over to fight humanity's enemies and reinforce the people's belief in us. It regenerates a lasting connection in a way that a one-time legend that never reappears won't.

As for the other stuff, I feel like decimation is a necessary package deal for 1C and Gudersu as king to have success. It scares any Sons of Marduk administrators (who let's face it are probably the only locals with real experience) from plotting at least right away, it gives Gudersu more soldiers and makes it more likely the Gutians will be tolerated.

treave, has Sekhenun said what her plans are? Is she staying in Babylon to help stabilize or is she taking off?

ScubaV

Prophet
well, someone explain to me how that will help the soldiers accept the Gutians?
Simple fear and the idea that Gudersu and the Gutians are being rewarded by God-Ean. The people may not like it at first, but once they're no longer starving and disappearing to feed Nusku's experiments they'll probably soon forget.

Esquilax

Arcane
treave: We already know that Marduk has committed genocide on the Gutians, but how do Babylonians in general view them? As savages?

well, someone explain to me how that will help the soldiers accept the Gutians?
Simple fear and the idea that Gudersu and the Gutians are being rewarded by God-Ean. The people may not like it at first, but once they're no longer starving and disappearing to feed Nusku's experiments they'll probably soon forget.

I don't think that will happen because the Babylonians view the Gutians as savages. A Gutian King on the throne is like having a monkey on the throne to them. Then you add to the fact that we're going to be killing a number of their fellow soldiers under the misguided idea of "BE FRIENDS WITH THE GUTIANS, OR ELSE!!!", and you've got a mutiny waiting to happen once we leave the country.

They're going to be resentful, and why wouldn't they be? Their ranks have been decimated for pretty much no reason and the barbarian savages that they fought against and they considered pests for years are now sitting on the throne thanks to yet another divine asshole who thought it was a good idea.

It's a bad idea. But consider this:

"The sun will be rising soon. The city will be ours by the time dawn breaks. There has been minimal damage and loss of life since Ahati and Ramman were defeated."

There's been minimal damage to the city: Babylon's walls are perfectly intact since we didn't use Gudersu's people to raid them. If we manage policy well, we won't need a huge number of men to hold the city. A man who expected the worst but has been offered mercy is far more grateful than a man who's just seen his brothers-in-arms being slaughtered at random. And he'll be much more likely to see the Gutians as brothers-in-arms as well.

I understand being ruthless and EXTREME is cool, but being merciful here is really the way to go. So yeah, 3) A1 is looking far more intelligent to me should we decide to leave.

Unfortunately, it's also looking like Ean has to take the throne. The only reason people aren't voting for it is because they don't want Ean tied down - but I don't see why we can't abdicate the throne once we find someone capable in the future. Being king now doesn't mean that we have to stay in Sumeria forever. Taking the throne after destroying Marduk's cult will also strengthen Ean's claim to divinity. Really, it's the best choice by far.

Remember in Egypt, when we had the opportunity to take the throne, but didn't? Turned out to be a big mistake. I see a lot of the same thing here.

Gudersu is a great conqueror, but a poor ruler. Hell, he's even told us this already:

“I… you do know that for all my bluster, I am not very suited to wear a crown, right?” Gudersu speaks plainly, looking you straight in the eye. It was a very honest admission, one you didn’t expect to hear. “All that is just for show, so that our people do not lose hope.”

Worst of all, we've thrust kingship upon him without even asking him. He clearly doesn't want to be king, he doesn't have the skills for it, and he'd be ruling a city in anarchy populated by a people that don't like Gutians. His place is by our side on the battlefield, not on the throne, we need him as our general. Again: how the fuck is this a good idea?

ScubaV

Prophet
Making Ean king and then leaving immediately is probably worse for stabilizing Babylon than putting a reluctant Gudersu on the throne. Either Ean becomes king and stays or he appoints someone and leaves. I can see your point about Gudersu, but there really is no other alternative except Ean or rolling the dice on democracy. If I flopped off of Gudersu as king I could give up decimation, but if we went with Ean instead then I'd have to vote staying in Babylon.

Esquilax

Arcane
Making Ean king and then leaving immediately is probably worse for stabilizing Babylon than putting a reluctant Gudersu on the throne. Either Ean becomes king and stays or he appoints someone and leaves. I can see your point about Gudersu, but there really is no other alternative except Ean or rolling the dice on democracy. If I flopped off of Gudersu as king I could give up decimation, but if we went with Ean instead then I'd have to vote staying in Babylon.

Goddamn, you're right. It's basically anarchy if we declare ourselves king and fuck off to Egypt or Greece.

In that case, we should go with the noble. There's a lot of hatred towards the nobility right now, but it's still far better than putting a barbarian foreigner with no skill at politics on the throne during a time of anarchy.

There would be unrest at first, but people would eventually stop giving a shit so long as the country still had very good administration and the right people were working to maintain stability (1C). A savvy noble familiar with court politics would also be the right guy to nullify the influence of any remaining Marduk sympathizers in the city caused by 1C.

We shouldn't give Gudersu a throne just because he's our friend. We need someone right for this.

Kipeci

Arcane
While Gudersu says he isn't fit for kingship, well... the fact of the matter is, he never expected that title to be open to him, Marduk was just too powerful. It was perfectly fine to say to his people that it might happen some day so that they wouldn't lose hope while having no realistic opportunity to ever gain it. Now that the place is free for the taking, if he doesn't go for the kingship now, then what? Give our Gutian bros the kingship, and let's rule together; if it turns out that Gudersu was just being the sort of badass who underestimates their competence, he can take the reins. If not, well, we're reasonably competent in administration and can tell the thoughts of any near us, so we can probably afford to spend a few years stabilizing the area before moving on and leaving the power in Gutian hands.

On another note, it should be remembered that 1) people of the time didn't tend to give too many damns about who ruled them provided that they didn't screw around too much with their religion or make taxes heavy (though nobles who could rally the people for their own ambitions were sometimes a problem... it'd be good to keep an eye on those guys), and 2) the Gutians have a relatively large, experienced army with which to crush rebellion in the city if they goof up on one, not to mention us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sek knows you want to keep things stable, so she's staying behind to do what she can. Wouldn't be arsed otherwise. The Babylonians do have little love for the Gutians, but they're willing to try it out for a while, after Marduk. You'll have to persuade the cult to persuade them.

Esquilax

Arcane
Great, we'd have to make even more concessions to the cultists to put Gudersu on the throne.

ScubaV, you brought up a good point that having Ean take the crown is useless if he isn't there to actually rule. By that same token, issuing an order of decimation is also useless if Ean isn't there to actually enforce discipline and ensure that the men don't mutiny or rebel afterwards. I would much rather have 1,000 Babylonians + 400 Gutians that we can rely on 100% rather than a bigger force that we can't rely on.

Besides, the city and its walls took no damage from yesterday's revolution, so the city should be very defensible with a force of ~1,500.

Can the puppet king be temporary? So that when we return we take the throne.

Don't see why not. That's pretty much a puppet king's purpose. We rule the kingdom through a proxy.

... if it turns out that Gudersu was just being the sort of badass who underestimates their competence, he can take the reins. If not, well, we're reasonably competent in administration and can tell the thoughts of any near us, so we can probably afford to spend a few years stabilizing the area before moving on and leaving the power in Gutian hands.

Unfortunately, we won't be in Babylon to teach him the ropes. He'll be in a situation of complete anarchy with no experience. With 1C, he might also fall prey to elements in the government that are still loyal to Marduk because we haven't done background checks.

Oh, and the 1,800 Babylonian soldiers will hate him because the guy that put him on the throne thought it would be a good idea to start killing a bunch of their friends in the army at random.

Long live the King! :salute:

On another note, it should be remembered that 1) people of the time didn't tend to give too many damns about who ruled them provided that they didn't screw around too much with their religion or make taxes heavy (though nobles who could rally the people for their own ambitions were sometimes a problem... it'd be good to keep an eye on those guys), and 2) the Gutians have a relatively large, experienced army with which to crush rebellion in the city if they goof up on one, not to mention us.

Good point. So considering that it doesn't matter to average Joe, why not have Mr. Politically Savvy Noble become King instead of the barbarian who has no experience dealing with shit like this?

Regarding 2) The Gutians have around 400 warriors, according to treave:

Yeah, his tribe can gather up maybe about 400 warriors at a pinch. Could maybe be more, but they're a bit scattered around the area at the moment, so it'll be hard to get everyone.

These guys are great for bolstering a small army of 1,000 that needs reinforcements, but they aren't going to be crushing any rebellions or mutinies on their own. We need the support and loyalty of the remaining Babylonian army, and we aren't going to do that by killing their Marduk loyalist brothers-in-arms at random. That's not the sort of thing that instills discipline, it creates martyrs.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Smashing Axe: Tearing Marduk's cult apart brick by brick isn't going to work. Killing Ramman and Ahati is a good start, but the only surefire way to end his cult is to end Marduk.

Esquilax: Why do you say it won't work, exactly? Marduk isn't Shulgi, we've seen no evidence of him being capable of altering the minds of his followers to inspire devout fervor and an undying tenacity. Marduk asserts his divinity through brute strength, dominance and intimidation, which should be enough to allow us to stamp out his following.

Uhm, you guys suggesting we start a mini-Ean breeding program do realize that children with superhuman powers need to be raised, watched etc. It's just like that first time we became king - it sounded so cool! But when it actually happened, it was just unending waves of state-management and trying to play Civilization in a CYOA format. So, let's say we have kids. Then what? Do they shit supernatural shadows eating away the flesh of babysitters? Do they die in what seems like a blink of an eye to our immortal perspective? What if they get kidnapped by any of our numerous enemies and used against us - or just a curious Gieloth wanting to perform some quality scienmajific experiments? If we were still a simple immortal, we could probably get some info about what happens when they breed with sapiens from our lovely tentacle buddy; hell, immortals could be sterile for all we know. But Ean is currently an abomination of unknown nature and questionable control. Kids? You gotta be kidding me.

CappenVarra: It's a long-term investment and it will require us to remain in one place, at least for a while, which I advocate. The benefits outweigh the costs I think, since a possible outcome is a dedicated following of supernatural children. And let's face it, we're short on supernatural allies at the moment, and a pantheon under us would only be to our benefit. Our oversight is necessary, but I'm advocating remaining so it won't be the issue you're making it out to be.

Baltika9

Arcane
Sek knows you want to keep things stable, so she's staying behind to do what she can. Wouldn't be arsed otherwise. The Babylonians do have little love for the Gutians, but they're willing to try it out for a while, after Marduk. You'll have to persuade the cult to persuade them.
D'aw, she cares after all.
So, as far as Gudersu goes, you bros have a point. if we want him to be King, then we should also be there to babysit him and teach him kingship. Not optimal.
But, by treave's admission:
Marduk's conquest of India and the war with the Greeks, however, is a big deal, and depending on how it ends, the consequences might be severe (i.e. setbacks to Greece which might delay or even make it so that its Classical Age never comes, which in turn will pretty much change Western history).
Greece is our priority to preserve the integrity of of history and civilization. The real fight is not on Holy Terra, it is on the Masters' homeworlds. Our role is not playing God, because that reveals our hands and invites investigations: "OLOLO I ARE GOD!!!11111!" will draw both Immortals and Gieloth (all-devouring immortal-gieloth hybrid abomination,anyone?) and ake our jobs much more difficult.
No, our role is rooting out the filth of the Masters and the dickish Gieloth that want to toy with Man. We are Man's defender. Not it's subjugator.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Being recognised as a god doesn't necessarily make us mankind's subjugator though, and although it turns attention onto us, we're near Marduk in power and can survive such scrutiny so long as we play it smart. Godhood gives us a tool to assume power however when it's needed, and direct the course of nations for the better while at the same time letting humanity remain fairly autonomous. True, we can't face an enemy united, but if we work on building our own powerbase (children, cough) we should be a contender.

Also, there's no reason that Bablyon couldn't in the future become the cradle for Western civilisation, assuming Greece's role in our world. It seems to me as it stands, that all we're doing is killing Gieloth after they've done the damage, without repairing it.

Baltika9

Arcane
Tell me, Smashing Axe, what is the most dangerous weapon: the army you see, or the butterknife that you don't?

About Gudersu: as much as I want to make him king, I doubt that he will even consider it until he gets revenge for his wife. Coincidentally, he wants to ice Marduk. It's a win-win, bros. We take the Gutians with us, kick Marduk and the entire Greek pantheon in the nuts, letting Gudersu get his wish, bring him back, make him King and let him sing songs and ballads about Ean.

And you know what the beauty of it is? We will do it not as a God, but as an ordinary Joe Schmo bandit. We will inspire the ordinary people to know that they can defy Gods' wills and control the flow of their history by themselves., and oinspire all bandits everywhere to throw themselves at Gods to be heroes, thus solving all crime, forever. I mean, what are all the Immortals going to do? Kill all mankind? Not on invisible-psychic-blank Ean's watch whom no one knows about and whom no one expects.

And, yeah, no Greece, no Rome. No Rome, no Western Civilization. No Western Civilization, well, space travel and space marines will be a loong time-a-comin'. Meanwhile, the KKK sits on Holy Terra and takes it up the ass, yelling "I AM GOD EMPRAH!" at the top of it's lungs. Nice.

P.S.: I want to do this:(:
Doomrider_NANANANANA.png

treave: I don't suppose Sekhenun can make us a bike, so can we get a pimpin' chariot instead? I will abandon everything I just said if we can get a bike.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
The danger of any weapon is entirely situational, remaining anonymous limits our influence, which we will need to help recover the progress of western civilisation. In this society the divide between heroes and those of divine descent are not mutually exclusive, the inspiration of our actions is unlikely to be affected. Even if we do declare no kinship with the divine, with the way legends are twisted it will still end up being otherwise, only with less impact.

Also constantly killing immortals and gieloth will do nothing when the damage is already done.
And, yeah, no Greece, no Rome. No Rome, no Western Civilization. No Western Civilization, well, space travel and space marines will be a loong time-a-comin'. Meanwhile, the KKK sits on Holy Terra and takes it up the ass, yelling "I AM GOD EMPRAH!" at the top of it's lungs. Nice.
That doesn't mean anything. Just because one region doesn't develop at the rate it should develop, doesn't mean we can't make other regions develop faster. Like I said before, we can make Bablyon have the same cultural impact if we decide to stay and expand its influence westwards. Set up colonies in Italy and Africa while developing Bablyon's culture and society, and voila, you have an alternative history Rome and Carthage in 1800 years.

Baltika9

Arcane
What I'm trying to say with the whole "let's make our own history" business is: would you really trust the 'Dex of all people to do it right? I mean, I'd just turn all the waters on the planet into alcohol and go booze surfing and coke biking if it were up to me (cough Doomrider cough). But, why fix something that's not broken yet? Greece has inspired the greatest Empires that ever existed, including THE Empire. Grecian Rome has laid the foundation for a whole age of great inventions, wars ("War is the anvil that forges the Man") and explorers. Who knows what happens if we decide to reveal ourselves as a God and guide nations. Once the Masters find out that an Immortal has gone rogue, I'm half-sure they'll just order an Exterminatus on our ass then and there.

Baltika9

Arcane
The Set-Up
The player witnesses an extraordinary and horrific supernatural event that thrusts them into a unique and difficult circumstance. Burdened with the consequences of this event, the player has to investigate what has happened in order to free themselves from the restless forces that follow and haunt them wherever they go.

Obsidian dun' ripped treave off. I hope they pay you premiums, bro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom