Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

newcomer

Learned
Looks like in the end we got off pretty well. Iltani's alive, we still have our piece of Vajra which I"m pretty sure will be useful somehow, we've successfully collaborated with Edem, Marduk and Zeus are gone. All that remains is to return to Babylon and Sekhenun leaving the shit-hole Greece (and Egypt) will be for some time. It's time to actually collect the fruits of our labours in order to be better equipped for new trials - whether that be making babies, giving ourselves a hedge fund of resources, training an army, or gathering knowledge.

And prepare a wormhole... You know, just in case...

Anyway, the masters mentioned that they no longer have any eyes on this world. Does that means all immortals got their power revoked by Zeus during this catastrophe?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Marduk and Zeus aren't getting out of the rift anytime soon. Still, congrats, we're on a one way road to alternate history land. No turning back now.

By eyes they mean avatars. Immortals are more or less autonomous for the most part.

Kukulkan

Learned
I think the only logical course of action to follow is to take control of Babylon, conquer the world, and kill those Masters. Oh and:
Celestials.jpg

newcomer

Learned
Marduk and Zeus aren't getting out of the rift anytime soon. Still, congrats, we're on a one way road to alternate history land. No turning back now.

Which means no horse collar? :troll:

And I agree with Baltika9 , at the very least we should do an extensive psychic interrogation to Iltani

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I think a rift in reality where a major mountain used to be would change things plenty.

Esquilax

Arcane
Looks like in the end we got off pretty well. Iltani's alive, we still have our piece of Vajra which I"m pretty sure will be useful somehow, we've successfully collaborated with Edem, Marduk and Zeus are gone. All that remains is to return to Babylon and Sekhenun leaving the shit-hole Greece (and Egypt) will be for some time. It's time to actually collect the fruits of our labours in order to be better equipped for new trials - whether that be making babies, giving ourselves a hedge fund of resources, training an army, or gathering knowledge.

Yeah, Zeus tearing a hole in the fabric of reality will really fuck Greece up. Now that Mount Olympus is a desolate wasteland, the Classical Age will definitely never happen. However, I think that Egypt came out somewhat alright, all things considered. I hope that the Middle Kingdom will remain intact because we managed to lure Ares away. From what we know about Akil's grandson, apparently he was some sort of brilliant pharaoh:

Akil's grandson proved to be an even more capable ruler than his grandfather was, and Egypt was thriving.

I hope he managed to survive the siege of Heracleopolis and push the Greeks back. What's the word on Egypt, treave? How did it manage? Is Akil III still alive?

As far as the rift... perhaps we might find a way to mend it, in time. But if the Masters are convinced it's fucked, I'm doubting that Sekhenun/Edem know how to fix it. It's going to be fucked for at least the next few thousand years.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
And that's before we get to what will be crawling out of the rift soon. :troll:

We'll get a world status update before we plunge into the next chapter.

Baltika9

Arcane
I think a rift in reality where a major mountain used to be would change things plenty.
By all means, tell us more. Please, don't hold out on my account.
:troll:
Edit: Oooh, what about a character sheet?

Yeah, Zeus tearing a hole in the fabric of reality will really fuck Greece up. Now that Mount Olympus is a desolate wasteland, the Classical Age will definitely never happen.

Correction: The Grecian Classical Age will never happen. You heard the man: we're on our way to alternate history land. Egypt and Babylon are the dominating cultures now. We, for all intents and purposes, can still found the Roman Empire ourselves and conquer shit as much as we want.

ScubaV

Prophet
treave, as always:
:bravo:

Looks like we made it by the skin of our teeth bros. There's still a pissed off Ares rampaging around, but all things considered not too bad. I'll take this over perma-death or being Zeus's bitch. With Marduk and Zeus out of the picture for now, we're probably one of, if not, THE biggest swinging dick in the world.

Depending on if and how treave handles a possible time-jump for the next chapter, I definitely agree with Tigranes on settling down for a spell. Advance civilization, go to school with Sekhenun, form a coalition of bros with Sek, Edem, and perhaps recruit more, father some children. All worthwhile goals.

I can't wait to see what's in store next.

Baltika9

Arcane
Two things that occurred to me: The first) Akil and his "descendants" could have just been Edem's pop switching bodies all along.

The second:
340px-Img008.jpg

We're the new Cadia.

newcomer

Learned
Depending on if and how treave handles a possible time-jump for the next chapter, I definitely agree with Tigranes on settling down for a spell. Advance civilization, go to school with Sekhenun, form a coalition of bros with Sek, Edem, and perhaps recruit more, father some TENTACLES. All worthwhile goals.

Corrected :obviously:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
How exactly are we gaining in power now treave, or is that still to be revealed? I gather eating increases our potential power threshold, but does it do anything other than that? (Besides associated rage + feeding points) Also what's our power level like now? A power update would be interesting if there's much difference from Tjaru where we lost our powers.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Interlude: After the Cataclysm

The end of the Aegean War marked the beginning of a new era.

The Babylonian Empire, previously held together only by the threat of Marduk's power, began splintering. Each of the city states began demanding more autonomy. The Indus settlements that Marduk had conquered revolted almost instantly upon news of his death. Most of the Sumerian soldiers stationed there to keep the peace joined the natives in their bid for independence. Egypt was in shambles, but the destruction of Olympus sent whatever Greeks remaining fleeing. The Delta was relatively unharmed and under the stewardship of Pharaoh Akilhotep they managed their way to recovery, although the loss of many able-bodied men would slow the efforts for decades to come.

Greece, ascendant before the ruinous war, was devastated by Marduk's armies and the loss of their gods. Their city states were reduced to rubble, and their citizenry scattered all over the Grecian countryside. To add to their woes, from the ruins of Mount Olympus emerged strange beasts. The creatures killed and ate almost any living thing that they could. What they did not eat they dragged back into the black miasma they crawled from. The Greeks took to calling the creatures the Terasphagos. The rift that spawned them became known simply as Olympus, and the name once used for the high seats of the gods became synonymous with that of darkness and despair.

The Terasphagos raided tentatively at first, venturing not far from the twisted wasteland of Olympus, but as months passed, they grew bolder, their attacks spreading as far as the shores of Greece. Men sent in after the Terasphagos never returned from the miasma, and soon the remaining Greeks despaired of ever ridding themselves of these monsters.

In the north, a great kingdom had arisen, united from the barbarian tribes of the north. It was a kingdom of men, and though Gieloth have infiltrated their ranks, they find themselves mysteriously stymied at every corner.

In the east, the Gieloth have finally decided to invade the bountiful eastern kingdoms, full of riches and warm human bodies. It was a gamble for them - if they destroyed the immortals there and ruled the land, they could gain enough critical mass to begin stripping the world of all its resources, and they could then migrate to other worlds.

This was year 0, post-Cataclysm.

Will edit in character sheet later. As for powers, your current powers will gradually grow in strength as you feed, over many years, but new powers need to be discovered. You need to understand and be able to perceive, for example, how moving and compressing air molecules in one area will affect air pressure and create wind. Not easy.

Character Sheet:

Let's do a score card! It's just to roughly show where Ean stands in relation to the others.

Ean:
Physical: 5
Telepathy: 2
Telekinesis: 4
Body manipulation: 1
Elemental manipulation: 3
Psionics: 2
Regeneration: 2

Anbar-Shi gives about a 0.5 rank boost to each of your powers currently.

Spoilers ahead for other characters.

Marduk:
Physical: 5
Telepathy: 3
Elemental manipulation: 4 (general), 8 (wind)
Psionics: 2
Shadow: 2
AMBITION!: 10

Zeus:
Physical: 4
Telepathy: 4
Telekinesis: 5
Elemental manipulation: 2 (general), 7 (lightning)
Psionics: 3
Teleportation: 1 (2 pieces of Vajra)
OPEN GATE!: 1

Edem:
Physical: 2
Telepathy: 3
Telekinesis: 5
Elemental manipulation: 5
Psionics: 5
Cunning: FFS!

Sekhenun:
Physical: 2
Telepathy: 4
Elemental manipulation: 3
Psionics: 3
SCIENCE!: 9

Baltika9

Arcane
I have no fists and I must bro. :(
In the north, a great kingdom had arisen, united from the barbarian tribes of the north. It was a kingdom of men, and though Gieloth have infiltrated their ranks, they find themselves mysteriously stymied at every corner.

That's either Shulgi (doubtful, it doesn't seem his M.O), the remaining Immortals from Greece or the Master raising his own forces and "observing in other ways."

In any event, I'm thinking China should probably be our next stop. If the Gieloth start strip-mining us, we're fucked anyway. Besides, Sekhenun is part of a group that found a way to do away with that, so we can get her and her co-conspirators to "talk" sense into the other Gieloth.

But, whatever we do, we can't have another Greece. We may have prevented either Marduk or Zeus from winning, but we lost an entire nation. Not good results.

treave: so, you talking about the Scandinavian kingdoms? Or is the glorious Potatoland finally ascendant?

Edit: although, if it's Russia, as Oscar thinks, I'm all for going there.
Another possibility is that Sgulgi taught humans how to be psykers.

Edit2: Azira, for it is a failure, for the others it is a win. But for me, it is Just. As. Planned.:smug:

oscar

Arcane
Can we please fucking become king/God-Emperor already and create a BRO empire now? We could unify Sumeria/Babylon again.

Also interested in what's going on in the north. Wonder if it means Scandinavians, Germans or Russians.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Will edit in character sheet later. As for powers, your current powers will gradually grow in strength as you feed, over many years, but new powers need to be discovered. You need to understand and be able to perceive, for example, how moving and compressing air molecules in one area will affect air pressure and create wind. Not easy.

And presumably eating gieloth (perhaps immortals also) will increase that power to a more significant degree? Remind me again why we didn't want to feed on Ares' sons?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So, the Marduk/Zeus abomination managed to open a rift in reality and seems to've been sucked into another dimension/reality, but neither are confirmed dead. One or both might return, really, really pissed off, going to hunt down Ean with a vengeance and will probably want to exact revenge upon this mudball as well.
And this is not considering the other things that will be crawling out of the rift soon.

And you guys consider this a win? :balance:

Good for you. Having Zeus open a portal back to the Masters isn't a good deal either, but at least Earth and the humans would be safe from Daemons of the Warp. :troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
And presumably eating gieloth (perhaps immortals also) will increase that power to a more significant degree? Remind me again why we didn't want to feed on Ares' sons?

More nutritious, yes. But you do get more tainted if you eat more evil motherfuckers. If you don't control it you might find yourself in a situation where:

A. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
B. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
C. WAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Baltika9

Arcane

More nutritious, yes. But you do get more tainted if you eat more evil motherfuckers. If you don't control it you might find yourself in a situation where:

A. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
B. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
C. WAAAAAAAAAAGH!
But what if we are the Blood God? :M

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Well played, treave, very well played. Was there ever a solution that'd bring status quo back? Leaving our Vajra piece in Egypt/with Itlani, allowing Marduk to start consuming Zeus and then intervening before the latter started opening a rift back home?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Try to kill Marduk the hard way and Edem was likely to die if you mess up and he has to save you. Besides that, yeah, once you showed off Vajra things were gonna get ugly. Zeus cannot open any rift with just one piece.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Great, so we basically traded the possibility of a threat to Edem's life for the certainty of Zeus doing dumb stuff with the Vajra. We epicaly fucked up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom