Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
An undying, paternal and benevolent king is the best imaginable form of government.

Come to think of it... to ensure Ean's benevolence, we must deal with our anger/hunger issues. It is my understanding that C in the last choice will have the best synergy with our leadership role. Flopping accordingly in the original vote.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
A. You continue to assist the Empire as a walking avatar of all the principles you wish the Babylonian Empire to exemplify. You will strive to have your presence banish the shadows of fear and doubt from the minds of the citizens and become an inspiring figure to lead them into this new future.

This. It will unite the two kingdoms together better than anything. And it will boost the morale of our soldiers when they are fighting with beasts.

A. You direct the Babylonian Empire to focus on the threat of the Terasphagos. You send aid and men to relieve the hapless Greeks. If you cannot get rid of the threat, at least you can attempt to control it. You will start by building outposts to monitor Olympus for any Terasphagos incursions, and if things go well, begin the construction of a wall around the rift.

B. You agree to his proposal, but you tell him that you would have to let Iltani decide whether to marry him or not. You are not in the habit of commanding people into marriage, only into battle.

1. You accept the title of emperor.

C. A wandering visitor from the Near East has introduced to you the concept of meditation. You have discovered that by performing this training of the mind and exploring your concept of self, you are able to instil part of your hunger within your blade instead of letting all of it slumber in your core like some dangerous beast. Although Anbar-Shi will no longer be able to be returned to its scabbard once unsheathed, without tasting blood, you will achieve vastly increased control over your hunger, wielding it as you see fit. Anbar-Shi will gain the ability to feed on your behalf.

This is a issue we have to solve now, instead of later when Ean is changed already.

treave: What would have happened if we would have given our part of Vajra to Edem and then jumped in with Marduk/Zeus plop?

And I have to say that I love the pace in this thread. I'm again gone for a little over a day and there is two updates and one interlude.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave: What would have happened if we would have given our part of Vajra to Edem and then jumped in with Marduk/Zeus plop?

You get to find out what happens when you are at the center of a rip in the fabric of reality.

For those voting to be a very visible Emprah figure, what principles of the Babylonian Empire should Ean embody? Courage, honour, virginity?

Also, if we end up marrying off Iltani, we could probably exercise droit du seigneur due to Akilhotep being our vassal. Well, he wouldn't have to know if you don't want him to, but... it's an option.

Anabanana

Augur
For those voting to be a very visible Emprah figure, what principles of the Babylonian Empire should Ean embody? Courage, honour, virginity?

Let's go with something useful. What about caution and restraint nah, let's just go with loyalty and utter obedience to authorities a.k.a. Ean.

Also, if we end up marrying off Iltani, we could probably exercise droit du seigneur due to Akilhotep being our vassal. Well, he wouldn't have to know if you don't want him to, but... it's an option.

No. Just... no. That's just going to piss off everyone involved even more, and more importantly, why the hell would you want to do that in the first place? I mean, we have Sekhe-baby already after all~:mhd:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm in favour of whatever gives Ean children. We need our Primarchs. Although if we go around sleeping with women, let's be open about it. Begin the breeding program, strengthen humanity's genetic stock.

Ean should embody his own character as it is.

Guile within honour,
Ambition with morality
Military discipline and strength
And a shared dream for all mankind.
Basically, he should try to stand for something that would act as a rallying cry for the unification of all mankind while not being so strict as to stifle human creativity. If he forms a church, in their doctrines should be most of the truth of the nature of the world, of the Gieloth, and the Masters, with a slight theological spin. Have some tenets that encourage an inquisitive mind and creative solutions, slowly mold our people towards scientific development. Throw in some stuff about being ready for an apocalypse and hard times ahead, which mankind must rise to with every tool at his disposal.

Oh, and throw in something about a married couple whose female sleeps with Ean being blessed if her womb quickens.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Apart from the very last and corny line, I couldn't agree more, Smashing Axe. :bro:

Breeding programs are OK, but we should probably have Sekh be bene-gesserit-like on the sidelines, keeping track of succesful unions and genetic changes as a result hereof. :obviously:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It sounds bad, yeah. But by shared dream for all mankind, I mean more like... a Napoleonic dream for all mankind. World conquest and assimilation. And I dig the Bene Gesserit idea.

Anabanana

Augur
Apart from the very last and corny line, I couldn't agree more, Smashing Axe. :bro:

Breeding programs are OK, but we should probably have Sekh be bene-gesserit-like on the sidelines, keeping track of succesful unions and genetic changes as a result hereof. :obviously:

YES. YESSSS.

oscar

Arcane
Basically, he should try to stand for something that would act as a rallying cry for the unification of all mankind while not being so strict as to stifle human creativity.

Indeed, not some backwards theocracy but not allowing decadence and decline either. Creative, innovative and meritocratic but also socially disciplined and morally strong. Equal amounts of :obviously: and BROdom with Ean as the benevolent and loving, but firm, father.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Guile within honour,
Ambition with morality
Military discipline and strength
And a shared dream for all mankind.
Basically, he should try to stand for something that would act as a rallying cry for the unification of all mankind while not being so strict as to stifle human creativity. If he forms a church, in their doctrines should be most of the truth of the nature of the world, of the Gieloth, and the Masters, with a slight theological spin. Have some tenets that encourage an inquisitive mind and creative solutions, slowly mold our people towards scientific development. Throw in some stuff about being ready for an apocalypse and hard times ahead, which mankind must rise to with every tool at his disposal.

edit: Oh, don't mind what was here before. Great start. I look forward to the Foundation of Empire that all of you will contribute to. :lol:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

I would most definitely NOT do that. Let's not shake our relations with Egypt for the sake of our dick. Let the Pharaoh fuck Itlani, Sekhenun will comfort us just fine :smug:

newcomer

Learned
Iltani is a human
implies Iltani doesn't have tentacles
implies Ean is not turned on because Iltani doesn't have TENTACLES :incline:

AAB1C

Esquilax

Arcane
treave is a goddamn machine with how fast he churns this stuff out. We're really being spoiled here. :brodex:

Well, here's my take on the upcoming choices:

A: Now, if we weren't in a situation where otherworldly abominations were crawling out from Olympus, maybe working from the shadows would be possible. But now, no fucking way. People need hope, they need something to believe in after the terrible war and now the rift. The Greeks are completely devastated and have begun to despair:

Men sent in after the Terasphagos never returned from the miasma, and soon the remaining Greeks despaired of ever ridding themselves of these monsters.

We need to step out of the shadows and give the Greeks hope after they've suffered so much hardship.

A: Dealing with the problem we created here is more important than going to China at this point. It's also implied that taking care of this problem would deal with the Gieloth issue:

The destruction of Olympus appears to have left them fearful that the Masters might destroy this planet at any moment, and they have stepped up the speed of their plans.

If we take care of the rift, it's possible that the Gieloth will postpone their plans. So the rift is very important.

B1: Iltani is way too impetuous to just be herded off to marriage without her consent. There's no way that she'll just roll over and accept this unless we really make an effort to convince her that this is the best thing to do. Iltani is honorable and will understand that this is the right decision, but marrying her off to Akilhotep after she thought we would be with her is bound to cause serious problems. Talk to her first.

Oh, and of course we'll accept the title of God-Emperor. It's consistent with 1A and it will unite Egypt and Sumeria together peacefully. Nabuchasar and Akilhotep are behind it 100%, so let's fucking do it.

C: I love A and D, but ultimately it comes down to the fact that either we control our hunger, or it controls us.

A A B1 C

Baltika9

Arcane
B- I'm still holding to my stance that we should focus on protecting and fostering Mankind's growth, not being it's nanny.

A- Time to secure our army's new training grounds and bring another nation into the fold.

B- We'll have a sit down with Iltani and Gudersu and have a long, loooong talk.
2- We need autonomy and freedom of travel. A ruler that rarely rules and pushes his responsibilities on others is no ruler at all. And since we're going to run off as soon as we can to China/Ferelden (suuuure you weren't, treave. Sure you weren't), why would we accept a responsibility we can't afford?

A- Look, bros, you ignored my last wall of text, fine, whatever. At least listen now: the Earth now has a giant nightmare portal in Greece, rather close to the most powerful nations.
Ean cannot be everywhere, do everything and save everyone. That kind of multitasking killed Olympus and destroyed Greece. Now, more than ever, humans need to learn how to stand up for themselves. I'm reminded of an ancient Chinese proverb: "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime." Only now, it's, y'know, less about eating and more about killing extra-planetary horrors. This is a doctrine that will eventually spread across the world, if we make it and let it.
Edit: Plus, hey, Grey Knights without a Kaldor Draigo, what's not to love?
Smashing Axe: that was fucking beautiful. :salute:

Edit2: treave, this LP is magnificent. The C&C is amazing. This whole debacle could, and would, have been avoided had we just followed Edem's daddy to Babylon and slain Marduk. Earth would be safe, the status quo and our anonymity preserved and the Masters none the wiser. Instead we open up a portal straight to hell:lol:. Truly, you are a magnificent human being. Gary Gygax isn't dead, is he?
Codex. Codex never changes.
I still hold that Olympus can be exploited as a blessing, instead of a curse.

CappenVarra: too bad the world isn't run by comedians, eh?

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."
Allow me to introduce you to Terry's immortal improvement: Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night; set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. :obviously:

Baltika9

Arcane
newcomer, the Tentacle Lovers have finished infiltrating and assimilating this LP. I think you and I have the right to feel rather... :smug:.

Just_as_planned_tzeentch.jpg

Edit: Also, since we're, thankfully, having Iltani marry to Akilhotep, we must have a sit-down with her and Gudersu both and explain shit. Otherwise, Iltani will be offended and insulted and Gudersu will be completely and utterly dishonored, both by Ean and his own daughter. That does not seem like a good foundation for our Empire. Yes, that means it's time to come clear with them about just who we are.

I'm also getting very strong Titan Quest vibes from this right now.

Bloodshifter

Educated
B, No need to expose ourselves more to unwanted immortal sights or fights
A,Teraspagos are a blight to the land as a dear friend might say "FOR TEH SCIENCE and stuff"
B, I kinda want to see if our human babies can be made with our powers as well as Gieloth ones
2, Last time we were emperor we "died" and left the land truly fucked not doing that again we "die" way too easily
D, Light Manipulation causing us to look like we are where we are not who wouldn't want this also do we really want a Muramasa as our blade driving us insane with bloodlust remember Anbar-shi IS sentient and I want our "growth" to not want the blood of innocents when he/she eventually becomes "alive"

Edit:
P.S. I wouldn't Mind a good WAAAAGGHH on this planet. Intelligent Xeno Spores that slowly change the planet to better suit the needs of the invaders while producing super soldiers that are born with knowledge on how to kill burn and maim? I can only say one thing "MORE DAKKA!!!"

Esquilax

Arcane
The important thing here is to have a coherent vision for what we want to do in the future. Forget the 40k-wank here, we need something more solid than "LOL LETZ BE EMPRAH!" Before we get deeper into the Chapter, let's outline some of our goals. Being God-Emperor has nothing to do with them, but might help us achieve some of them:
  • Unite Sumeria and Egypt so that they can pool their manpower together and help us out in Greece. It would also make the rebuilding effort in Egypt much easier.
  • Find out more about the nature of this rift - Sekhenun will have a few answers here, no doubt.
  • Find more ways to control our hunger.
  • Our long-term goal is to reassemble Vajra and close the rift.
treave, should we choose to become God-Emperor of Egypt and Babylon, what would our duties and responsibilities include? Could we just let Akilhotep and Nabuchasar handle shit in their respective nations? Also, if we pick 4C, would we suffer less corruption per feeding? Or be able to split the corruption between Ean and Anbar-Shi if needed? I hope that this opens the door to future ways of dealing with the hunger as well.

A- Look, bros, you ignored my last wall of text, fine, whatever. At least listen now: the Earth now has a giant nightmare portal in Greece, rather close to the most powerful nations.
Ean cannot be everywhere, do everything and save everyone. That kind of multitasking killed Olympus and destroyed Greece. Now, more than ever, humans need to learn how to stand up for themselves. I'm reminded of an ancient Chinese proverb: "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime." Only now, it's, y'know, less about eating and more about killing extra-planetary horrors. This is a doctrine that will eventually spread across the world, if we make it and let it.?

Increasing our combat skills now would be short-sighted, I feel. Learning more about Vajra's abilities would be better, as it would make knowing how to close the rift easier - with enough knowledge we may not need all three pieces. Nevertheless, I still think that C is the best choice. The sooner we begin to find alternate methods of controlling our hunger, the better. Bloodshifter raised a good point by noting that the blade would eventually become sentient. Here's what treave mentioned about it:

Regarding the anger, no, you haven't solved that issue yet, but theoretically you could probably try to shunt it into the sword... but then again, we might not want to get into a Jekyll & Hyde predicament where the sword is Hyde? The option will be there should you choose to explore it.

So yeah, the hunger issue wouldn't be solved at this point. This is better than what we have now and a step in the right direction of eventually overcoming/mastering it. I would still recommend feeding judiciously so that our sword doesn't turn into Frostmourne and consume Ean's mind.

I don't think that we should stay in the shadows anymore. Earth is in serious danger from both the rift in Olympus and the Gieloth coming to China - both are potentially planet-destroying threats. The Masters are far more concerned about this rift than they are about Ean, so taking a direct hand in empire-building is hardly going to make things any worse than they already are. In fact, it's smart because it'll allow us to unify Egypt and Babylon and rebuild the region at a much quicker rate. We have little time, so we need to make the most of it.

Lastly, I have a suggestion, provided that treave is willing: I'd like to give the Immortals in China a heads-up on the Gieloth invasion. Mehrune is Egypt's best diplomat and I'd like to send her as an emissary to China. I want her to deliver a warning from the new God-Emperor of Egypt and Babylon to watch their shores, as the Gieloth intend to arrive in full force in the next decade. They might be suspicious, they might not believe it, but at least a few of them will heed the warning. We can't come there personally, but I think we should warn them. It won't be enough to stop the Gieloth from overwhelming China, but at least it will delay them until we can arrive.

Edit: A question regarding skill trees and specialities, treave: does each tree have specialities of some kind? For instance, Marduk had specialized wind abilities, would we be able to learn specialized Physical abilities (i.e. specializing in speed, dodging, that sort of thing) or specialized Telekinetic abilities (i.e. force fields, flight).

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Lastly, I have a suggestion, provided that treave is willing: I'd like to give the Immortals in China a heads-up on the Gieloth invasion. Mehrune is Egypt's best diplomat and I'd like to send her as an emissary to China. I want her to deliver a warning from the new God-Emperor of Egypt and Babylon to watch their shores, as the Gieloth intend to arrive in full force in the next decade. They might be suspicious, they might not believe it, but at least a few of them will heed the warning. We can't come there personally, but I think we should warn them. It won't be enough to stop the Gieloth from overwhelming China, but at least it will delay them until we can arrive.

This. Splendid idea. Let's do it :salute:

Baltika9

Arcane
Increasing our combat skills now would be short-sighted, I feel. Learning more about Vajra's abilities would be better, as it would make knowing how to close the rift easier - with enough knowledge we may not need all three pieces. Nevertheless, I still think that C is the best choice. The sooner we begin to find alternate methods of controlling our hunger, the better.

Esquilax, since Olympus, it's not about Ean, Gieloth and the Masters. It's about humanity and Earth. You know what, let's ask Sekhenun about it before we decide anything. Seriously, what do we know about? That it spews out aliens/immigrants? That it endangers our planeet with Multikult?
treave: Can't Ean just go down the stairs right now and have a chat (and a "gald to be alive chat" too, for that matter? No better way to get rid of Iltani than breaking her heart) with Sekhenun? I really hate the idea of going in blind.

Edit: Yeah, I'm with you on the warning. I suggested the thing a couple of weeks ago, and I'm still for it. Although we'd better be much more discreet than that, like a messenger bird. I don't want them to come sniffing around.

Which raises up another point: I think we are much better off anonymous, since public figures are much more easier to undermine and invite investigation.

Edit2: Besides, do you really think everyone will be so worshipful of Ean once he's revealed to be an all-devouring monster? Granted, Egypt might not care, since we're the "Son of Osiris", and all, so it'll come with the territory.

Also treave: can't we work with Sekhenun to restore Panharth? I can't help but feel that we got off on the wrong foot, you know? I mean, if we restore her, we'll get another Gieloth ally (one, her sister's with us and two, she was asking for it).
Plus, y'know, twins.
commander-shepard-smile-150x150.jpg

Also, do we get any special talents for always surviving and winning in the last second, against hopeless odds? Something a-la having a last stand? Or do we have to be content with just being a badass?
Edit3:
P.S. I wouldn't Mind a good WAAAAGGHH on this planet. Intelligent Xeno Spores that slowly change the planet to better suit the needs of the invaders while producing super soldiers that are born with knowledge on how to kill burn and maim? I can only say one thing "MORE DAKKA!!!"
See? THIS is why we need that rift, after we purge Zeus and Marduk outta there, of course. Their minds are too feeble to grasp the concept, I say! :obviously: Also, inter-dimensional commerce. How is that a bad idea?
But, Esquilax, here's another reason to teach humans: suppose we die and/or fail (doesn't have to be in the EoT, and we're always cutting it close, surviving by the skin of our teeth as it were. Always, without exception. Every chapter ended this way. Every single one), what then? If we leave them weak and helpless against the horrors of the universe, we leave them open to exploitation by other immortals, Gieloth and whatever else will land on/ enter the planet. It is simply irresponsible to pass this chance up.
An' derez no such fing as enuff choppy.

Edit4: As for goals, I have only four for now, in this order:
Warn China, preferably remaining anonymous.

Stabilize Egypt and Babylon, whether by being the Emperor or from the shadows.

Procreate, hopefully Sekhenun can help us out here, but Iltani is out of the question. If (more like when, amirite) we die, I'd rather play an Immortal/Gieloth hybrid of Ean and Sekhenun (should be both badass and humorous) than anyone else.

Investigate the rift, ascertain it's threat and what the hell is it in the first place. Can it spread, can it provide stable, predictable passage onto other planets? Can it be exploited, or do we absolutely have to shut it down.

Bloodshifter

Educated
The important thing here is to have a coherent vision for what we want to do in the future. Forget the 40k-wank here, we need something more solid than "LOL LETZ BE EMPRAH!" Before we get deeper into the Chapter, let's outline some of our goals. Being God-Emperor has nothing to do with them, but might help us achieve some of them:
  • Unite Sumeria and Egypt so that they can pool their manpower together and help us out in Greece. It would also make the rebuilding effort in Egypt much easier.
  • Find out more about the nature of this rift - Sekhenun will have a few answers here, no doubt.
  • Find more ways to control our hunger.
  • Our long-term goal is to reassemble Vajra and close the rift.
treave, should we choose to become God-Emperor of Egypt and Babylon, what would our duties and responsibilities include? Could we just let Akilhotep and Nabuchasar handle shit in their respective nations? Also, if we pick 4C, would we suffer less corruption per feeding? Or be able to split the corruption between Ean and Anbar-Shi if needed? I hope that this opens the door to future ways of dealing with the hunger as well.

So yeah, the hunger issue wouldn't be solved at this point. This is better than what we have now and a step in the right direction of eventually overcoming/mastering it. I would still recommend feeding judiciously so that our sword doesn't turn into Frostmourne and consume Ean's mind.

I don't think that we should stay in the shadows anymore. Earth is in serious danger from both the rift in Olympus and the Gieloth coming to China - both are potentially planet-destroying threats. The Masters are far more concerned about this rift than they are about Ean, so taking a direct hand in empire-building is hardly going to make things any worse than they already are. In fact, it's smart because it'll allow us to unify Egypt and Babylon and rebuild the region at a much quicker rate. We have little time, so we need to make the most of it.

Edit: A question regarding skill trees and specialities, treave: does each tree have specialities of some kind? For instance, Marduk had specialized wind abilities, would we be able to learn specialized Physical abilities (i.e. specializing in speed, dodging, that sort of thing) or specialized Telekinetic abilities (i.e. force fields, flight).

Esquilax raises a good point GOALS should be established if anyone wishes to be God Emperor other wise we would be trolled hard from trying to do 6 things at once and "WAAAAAAGGHH" on the "rift". Short term my "goals" align with Esq. but I do have a few "things" to add
  • Rift why close it? we have basically a "event" that if used properly can force humanity into a direction that we wish for them to "evolve" into not quite Space Marines but Imperial Guardsmen at least instilling the fear of Xeno and ALL things NOT Earth-born which I wish to make them into
  • Vajra is gone and I am not about to leave Earth alone NOW to close the rift when it is such a damn great tool to shape Humanity
  • Kids human, gieloth, and Immortals doesn't matter how or who do it soon knowing that we can give Humanity a power "boost" through our seed and repeating it as often as possible is advised.
  • Removing other Gieloths AND Immortals get it done later as is they will need more time before they can move without Zeus and Marduk we are pretty much "El Honcho" in Africa/Middle East use the time hunt moar Immortals/ Gieloths power up so to speak I'd rather Body Map. or Light for focuses on power
  • Anbar-Shi sword is Intelligent its still an Infant though I recommend trying exercises in getting a "response from it" Ex.(talking to it, Mental commands, and attempting to "change it's shape but leaving the sword to fill in some things *IE a blurry image or a vague shape or even a weapon that we come up with simply to force the damned thing to constantly "react" and change* the faster it gains Sentience the better. it can start working with us to tag team foes.
Well that is a wall of textness but it outlines my views for Ean and our continued "input"

"Chaos is fun, new, exciting, *shoots an Space Marine in the head* and ever so devious"-A Psyker

ScubaV

Prophet
I thought about going C for the second choice and focus on rebuilding Babylon, but hopefully declaring ourselves Emperor will offset that. We do need to get this rift contained.

A
A
B
C

I also agree with Smashing Axe's values and Esquilax's idea to send a warning to China.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom