Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

anus_pounder

Arcane
B1 as well. Also glad we didn't go for as boring an option as vikings.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Edit: Treave, would we be able to get some better gear if we recruited some bros or robbed a store (if we're going solo)?

Well, first you need to let me know what gear you think you'll need, and I'll see if Ean can't procure it. Your bros will come with their own stuff, but you can roll for the loot later on.

I'm thinking of just using Tomb of Horrors for the temple by the way.

Baltika9

Arcane
Edit: Treave, would we be able to get some better gear if we recruited some bros or robbed a store (if we're going solo)?

Well, first you need to let me know what gear you think you'll need, and I'll see if Ean can't procure it. Your bros will come with their own stuff, but you can roll for the loot later on.

Two shields, a battleaxe, a longsword, a greatsword and a bow with arrows. Oh, and a couple of battle spears.

Bloodshifter

Educated
well C would get us inside killing reach of this monster now questions asked I say top it off by subverting or downright replacing (with our brothers yes option 2) the unfortunates who would be eaten there has to be somebody we likes their life our feeding their false god giving us weapons and bros too fight the damn tentacle thing

Esquilax

Arcane
Shit. I was also going to flop, but fuck it - I've made my bed, now I gotta lie in it. Smashing Axe, you were completely right. We can't mask our presence from other telepathic beings, so that will make C a bit difficult, and impossible if we bring others with us. It'll also mean that we'll have to strike at the Gieloth Lord with nothing more than daggers because we'll need our weapons to be concealed. C is strictly solo.

Doing the bro thing and charging the gates isn't that stupid if you think about - Ean is inhumanly nimble, strong, and he can fight a thousand men without getting exhausted. If the lower-classes of the city hate the Gieloth, the presence of a demi-god cutting through scores of them single-handed might be enough to start a huge fucking riot in the city.

treave: Our psionic powers/telepathy don't include any mind control at this point, right? We can render a guard catatonic but we can't go up to him and say "these aren't the droids you're looking for".

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave: Our psionic powers/telepathy don't include any mind control at this point, right? We can render a guard catatonic but we can't go up to him and say "these aren't the droids you're looking for".

Not yet, no. You haven't developed the finesse required to tweak minds yet, you can only scramble them. Regarding other telepathic beings, a very strong telepath can find you if he's looking specifically for you i.e. he knows of you, and can identify you, but besides that your mental signature should be no different than any other person. Physical contact with any telepath could be risky, but unless you walk up to the gates broadcasting KILLKILLKILLKILLKILL it shouldn't be a dead give-away that you're there to kill them.

Baltika9

Arcane
Shit. I was also going to flop, but fuck it - I've made my bed, now I gotta lie in it. Smashing Axe, you were completely right. We can't mask our presence from other telepathic beings, so that will make C a bit difficult, and impossible if we bring others with us. It'll also mean that we'll have to strike at the Gieloth Lord with nothing more than daggers because we'll need our weapons to be concealed. C is strictly solo.

Doing the bro thing and charging the gates isn't that stupid if you think about - Ean is inhumanly nimble, strong, and he can fight a thousand men without getting exhausted. If the lower-classes of the city hate the Gieloth, the presence of a demi-god cutting through scores of them single-handed might be enough to start a huge fucking riot in the city.

:bro: This. Out of all the three Immortals, Ean's balls are the biggest and the strongest. I say we actually use them. Just need to get some weapons. And explosives, if there are any around.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Interesting idea, perhaps if we go D1, we can have our bros agitate the lower-classes to riot while we cause a ruckus

ScubaV

Prophet

Nothing fancy, just something along the lines of a sword if Ean thinks he can hide it and perhaps some simple armor that could be hidden under a cloak or the like. Might I also suggest some flasks of oil. If we do go for a distraction, why not a heathen-roasting blaze? We can say it's incense.

I guess I'll vote B1 since by the next time I get on, the update will most likely be posted.

:rage:

Baltika9

Arcane
Treavebro, is Ean actually physically strong enough to knock down the gates?

Esquilax

Arcane
A1 is a bad idea: how do you propose sneaking in with a party of I'm assuming at least six people all climbing up the wall? We're going to get figured out that way. If you want to sneak in fine, but Ean is the only one agile enough to climb up the wall quick enough to not get noticed. I'm assuming we're going to be hiring a team of badass mercenaries here, but they're still mortals without our physical prowess. Whether we bring in a team is contingent on what kind of approach we take.

A ==> Team is a bad idea here because somebody is going to get spotted going up the walls. This is a stealth operation, so if we're on our own, we're way less likely to get caught.
B ==> Bringing a team is a good idea with this choice, since we'd be hiding in plain sight. We'd have a diverse group of people with various skills (traps/lockpicking/seduction) to aid us in making our way through the area.
C ==> Team is a bad idea here, again, because we're going to get made. There are probably going to be a lot of telepaths within the Temple as the Gieloth's servants, so the moment they touch one of our mercenaries posing as tributes, our cover's blown.
D ==> Bring a team, duh. If you're going to storm the gates, bring as much fucking firepower as you can. Actually, this would have to be solo as well - nobody would be willing to come with us on what's basically a suicide mission.

Bloodshifter

Educated
we wouldn't need to get our bros to pose as tributes we can take the entire convoy depending on the amount we have and I am doubtful they check the minds of the tributes for physics or assassins the tentacle is A GOD not a human he would laugh at an attempt then eat him or make him into a example to others

Tigranes

Arcane
The only viable idea for a team is B1, actually, because not even the most Gieloth-hating Egyptian is going to stand by your side if you propose to charge their fortress head-on, especially when there are other options. I am assuming, though, that with our mind-reading powers we can recruit the most Gieloth-hating men of good character that won't be easily induced to betray us or turn tail in a stealth operation. That makes it a pretty good choice...

B1

Esquilax

Arcane
After thinking about it, I think that either B1 or C2 are the best chances that we have. Since C2 isn't popular, I am voting B1.

Considering it a bit more, I think that a frontal assault with D is bad, despite Ean's awesome martial prowess: we decided to attack the temple in the first place is because the Gieloth ruling Egypt would never see it coming, so if we announce our presence so brazenly, we lose the one advantage we have to make this plan work.

Kipeci

Arcane
C2

Scouring Memphis for helpers seems like a bad idea. If we get a small number of followers, well, why bother? What can they do that we can't, unless by coincidence one just happens to be the shephard or Shulgi and neither try to harm us? An army would be useful, but recruiting hundreds or thousands of folks to our cause is bound to get us noticed, and considering how we're right in the enemy capital, that's likely to draw a swift reaction to the Pharoah's forces. I think we could take them, certainly, but we would probably lose the chance to take down the Gieloth, so that defeats the purpose (we want to kill the horrible aliens, not the potential subjects forced to serve them).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom