Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Can't argue with that.
    BCB

^ Top  
  2. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    I don't see what's to be gained by frontal charges at this point - we can sneak then break loose inside, or something, there's no real advantage. Unless, I guess, you want to inspire the citizens to rise up in general, in which case we might as well go with the rebellion plan too. It feels to me like the best way to utilise both our current secrecy and Ean's own fighting prowess is to sneak attack in a publicly visible way.

Perhaps AAA? We sneak in the side door quickly at the start of noontime prayers and immediately start a ruckus, kicking off the rebellion and making it as clear as possible for the citizens that the Gieloth are being challenged. I doubt we can remain hidden all the way whatever we do, but together with the rebellion there will be trouble both inside and outside the temple, making it easier for us. The downside is we won't have Akil as guide in the temple, and it will make less of an impression on the citizenry than a frontal charge, but I'm not sure how receptive the people will be anyway.

^ Top  
  3. XenomorphII Prophet

XenomorphII
    A, Noon
    A
    A

I kinda want to see the ritual now, and it seems only appropriate that we pull off a ritual to Ra at around noon.

^ Top  
  4. Arpad Educated

Arpad
  5. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    This, I'm with oscar. As interesting as the sun ritual sounds, we don't know what kind of consequences it will have - maybe I'm paranoid, but calling upon divine, otherworldly forces could be disastrous. The last time we came into contact with forces beyond our understanding, it put Ean in a coma for 300 years. Besides, I don't think we really needed seeing as Ean has done a fine job of kicking the shit out of these creatures with his skills alone. Yes, we had an army both of those times and we don't now, but we also have the element of surprise to really tilt the odds in our favour.

Because I'm advocating secrecy, it's only appropriate that we use the secret entrance under the cover of night, while most of the guards are praying. However, navigating the place would be much harder than simply going through the front door, so we'd need Akil's help to see us through safely.

^ Top  
  6. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    B A little before the first prayer at Dawn if we went then the guards would be busy getting ready for prayer and people wouldn't mind a few "eager" followers
    A Side because that is the least likely to draw attention ( Is the temple used to having random people filling it at all times? or are only priests allowed in? depending on this I may change this)
    A Stealing the spectre early in the morning we can cart it away from the temple and Gieloth before they notice it missing giving us time to gauge his reaction and act appropriately from there remember we know about him but he know nothing about us ( do we know what Gieloth looks like or are we flying blind? )

^ Top  
  7. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME

^ Top  
  8. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Tough choice. Going with ABB (dusk). An ancient ritual, if it works, might not work the way we want.

^ Top  
  9. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
  10. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    We're having the most popular combination win right? Not most popular individual vote?

^ Top  
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yeah, combinations. Individual has a high chance of ending in lulz.

AAA (noon) - 3
    ABB (dusk) - 5
    BAA (dawn) - 4
    BCB (noon) - 3

Just to point out something for those of you who want to see Ra come down and kick Gieloth butt - the ritual is to be performed 'when the sun is at its zenith', so you might actually want to enter the temple earlier to give yourself some time to find the Sceptre, and also to give the rebels time to take the outside of the temple.

For clarity's sake, we'll set the dawn at about 5.00 am, noon at 12.00 pm, and dusk at 7.00 pm. Entering outside prayer times means that you go about an hour before or after those times, if you've specified dawn/noon/dusk.

^ Top  
  12. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    AAA (noon)

I'd like to go in a bit prior to noon, but I want to see what happens and I'm not sure if that would count as a seperate vote or not.

^ Top  
  13. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    My BAA choice is for Dawn not dusk Even though I am the only one I am Sticking to it.

^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Ah, my mistake. Sorry. Fixed.

^ Top  
  15. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Yeah, I suspect all you AAA (noon) guys probably actually want BAA (just after dawn or before noon) or maybe AAA (dawn). It would be pretty derp to start at noon, spend a couple hours getting the scepter and then having to wait 20+ hours before it can be used.

I still want ABB, but if BCB somehow gets a surge, consider my vote flip-flopped to BAA/AAA (if contingency voting is allowed).

^ Top  
  16. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
  17. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Don't quite understand BCB myself - it makes no sense at all. If you're going to go totally balls-to-the-wall and cause chaos throughout the whole city, you really have to even the odds for the rebels. There are 3,000 cultists and probably 5 or 6 Children of Sekhenun at varying stages of power/development, so the 500 rebels will be crushed in only a few hours unless Ean goes through the front door during prayer time and starts a huge fucking massacre (crazy, but doable). This would help morale greatly and encourage the remaining non-rebels to take up arms throughout the city. At that point, with a large portion of the cultist forces dead, rebel morale high, and a lot of civilians joining up with the rebels, we'll have an actual army to lead against Sekhenun.

If you're going through the front door, your intention should be to kill everything and cause as much chaos as possible, otherwise what's the point? Ean wreaks havoc in the temple, while the rebels start causing chaos in the streets. It will make things very confusing and Sukhenun will have no idea what the hell is going on as everything is turning to shit inside the city.

Also, if you're voting BCB - it's pretty stupid to bring Akil along if you're going through the front door anyways. The guy's usefulness lies in his knowledge of the temple and his contacts, but the knowledge of the building's layout is far more useful if you're sneaking around through a secret tunnel trying to make sense of where you're going rather than if you're going through the front door where navigating would probably be easier.

My biggest misgiving about helping the rebels is that it (a) takes up valuable time that we need to hunt Sukhenun before he's on to us and (b) Ean is an honorable dude, so if Akil promises to start the rebellion, we're going to have to follow through our end of the deal and find the scepter. We don't know what this will do, if anything at all, and I think it's unnecessary because Ean doesn't need any divine help here - he's killed two of these tentacled shits on his own already.

^ Top  
  18. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    By himself yes but I am certain that this tentacle "shit" has been feeding and growing and multiplying while we took an nap can we really try to kill something that has been several times stronger then ANY thing we faced before?

And his kids?

^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yes. While the other two immortals just sat on their asses the whole time, playing at governator, we were fighting the tentacles, winning against the tentacles and killing the tentacles. We're at above human condition, fatigue doesn't touch us and we can fry the minds of lesser tentacles, I would say, with ease. As for poppa(momma?) tentacle, well, if we do get to him, he's as good as dead.

^ Top  
  20. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Suggestions for poppa & momma tentacle picture (Obviously NSFW)

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][\spoiler]

^ Top  
  21. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Not quite true. Shulgi managed to 'exorcise' a Gieloth infiltrator back in Sumeria while we were on campaign in Egypt:

Naram must have gotten some nifty powers too if he was able to incinerate a city:

While I think Ean can defeat Sukhenun one-on-one, a problem with the direct approach would be that his Children would wear Ean down a bit and wound him before he gets to the objective. It's also probably reasonable to assume that Sukhenun is stronger than his brothers; he's been around for far longer. Also remember that the second Gieloth we slew was noticeably more powerful than the first.

That being said, if 3A is chosen, then I think we have to help them out soon. Ean has been at his best and most successful when he's been an example to his men by leading from the front lines and showing courage. If we just let 500 militia bros die so that they can serve as a convenient distraction, that's fucking lame.

^ Top  
  22. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Flipped, see my original post. It's primarily to let Akil do his summoning thing with his priestly buddies.

^ Top  
  23. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    Our guy seems pretty Conan-esque. Easy to underestimate as a dumb, brute strength barbarian but capable of guile and cunning. And at the end of the day, a pretty good king.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Somehow, after reading the "guy" part, I begin to think of a scenario where our guy that he is rather interested in... uhh... other guys... rather than chicks :oops:... so uhmm...

treave can we use our shapeshifting ability for.... gender-shifting? :oops:

^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yes you can, but you've pretty much neglected it so far, only using it for minor changes. You're going to need to develop it much more. As I mentioned, at higher levels the shapeshifting ability allows you to split and reform your body at will so that "I want to be a dragon" is no longer a mere throwaway line.

By the way you guys were one choice away from being tentacle-raped in Tuwanu.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.