Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

ScubaV

Prophet
Yeah, I suspect all you AAA (noon) guys probably actually want BAA (just after dawn or before noon) or maybe AAA (dawn). It would be pretty derp to start at noon, spend a couple hours getting the scepter and then having to wait 20+ hours before it can be used.

I still want ABB, but if BCB somehow gets a surge, consider my vote flip-flopped to BAA/AAA (if contingency voting is allowed).

Esquilax

Arcane
Don't quite understand BCB myself - it makes no sense at all. If you're going to go totally balls-to-the-wall and cause chaos throughout the whole city, you really have to even the odds for the rebels. There are 3,000 cultists and probably 5 or 6 Children of Sekhenun at varying stages of power/development, so the 500 rebels will be crushed in only a few hours unless Ean goes through the front door during prayer time and starts a huge fucking massacre (crazy, but doable). This would help morale greatly and encourage the remaining non-rebels to take up arms throughout the city. At that point, with a large portion of the cultist forces dead, rebel morale high, and a lot of civilians joining up with the rebels, we'll have an actual army to lead against Sekhenun.

If you're going through the front door, your intention should be to kill everything and cause as much chaos as possible, otherwise what's the point? Ean wreaks havoc in the temple, while the rebels start causing chaos in the streets. It will make things very confusing and Sukhenun will have no idea what the hell is going on as everything is turning to shit inside the city.

Also, if you're voting BCB - it's pretty stupid to bring Akil along if you're going through the front door anyways. The guy's usefulness lies in his knowledge of the temple and his contacts, but the knowledge of the building's layout is far more useful if you're sneaking around through a secret tunnel trying to make sense of where you're going rather than if you're going through the front door where navigating would probably be easier.

My biggest misgiving about helping the rebels is that it (a) takes up valuable time that we need to hunt Sukhenun before he's on to us and (b) Ean is an honorable dude, so if Akil promises to start the rebellion, we're going to have to follow through our end of the deal and find the scepter. We don't know what this will do, if anything at all, and I think it's unnecessary because Ean doesn't need any divine help here - he's killed two of these tentacled shits on his own already.

Bloodshifter

Educated
By himself yes but I am certain that this tentacle "shit" has been feeding and growing and multiplying while we took an nap can we really try to kill something that has been several times stronger then ANY thing we faced before?

And his kids?

Baltika9

Arcane
By himself yes but I am certain that this tentacle "shit" has been feeding and growing and multiplying while we took an nap can we really try to kill something that has been several times stronger then ANY thing we faced before?

And his kids?
Yes. While the other two immortals just sat on their asses the whole time, playing at governator, we were fighting the tentacles, winning against the tentacles and killing the tentacles. We're at above human condition, fatigue doesn't touch us and we can fry the minds of lesser tentacles, I would say, with ease. As for poppa(momma?) tentacle, well, if we do get to him, he's as good as dead.

newcomer

Learned
Suggestions for poppa & momma tentacle picture (Obviously NSFW)

saya-says-hello.png

snufuminorijf3.jpg
[\spoiler]

Esquilax

Arcane
Yes. While the other two immortals just sat on their asses the whole time, playing at governator, we were fighting the tentacles, winning against the tentacles and killing the tentacles. We're at above human condition, fatigue doesn't touch us and we can fry the minds of lesser tentacles, I would say, with ease. As for poppa(momma?) tentacle, well, if we do get to him, he's as good as dead.

Not quite true. Shulgi managed to 'exorcise' a Gieloth infiltrator back in Sumeria while we were on campaign in Egypt:

Things did not sound good: Shulgi had made himself the focus of this new cult. Apparently the high priest of the empire had been possessed by a demon, and Shulgi publicly exorcised this demon in front of hundreds as a display of his power over the old pantheon. From the eyewitness accounts, it was clear that this 'demon' was of the same sort you fought in the desert.

Naram must have gotten some nifty powers too if he was able to incinerate a city:

"A wandering shepherd, claiming to bear the light of Enlil, entered Akkad in the hundred and sixth year of Shulgi's reign. Anu was with him. Inanna was with him. The city of Akkad was burnt to the ground by pillars of light from the heavens, as punishment for Shulgi's wickedness." read a tablet you discovered near the ruined walls of Akkad.

While I think Ean can defeat Sukhenun one-on-one, a problem with the direct approach would be that his Children would wear Ean down a bit and wound him before he gets to the objective. It's also probably reasonable to assume that Sukhenun is stronger than his brothers; he's been around for far longer. Also remember that the second Gieloth we slew was noticeably more powerful than the first.

That being said, if 3A is chosen, then I think we have to help them out soon. Ean has been at his best and most successful when he's been an example to his men by leading from the front lines and showing courage. If we just let 500 militia bros die so that they can serve as a convenient distraction, that's fucking lame.

oscar

Arcane
Our guy seems pretty Conan-esque. Easy to underestimate as a dumb, brute strength barbarian but capable of guile and cunning. And at the end of the day, a pretty good king.

newcomer

Learned
Our guy seems pretty Conan-esque. Easy to underestimate as a dumb, brute strength barbarian but capable of guile and cunning. And at the end of the day, a pretty good king.

Somehow, after reading the "guy" part, I begin to think of a scenario where our guy that he is rather interested in... uhh... other guys... rather than chicks :oops:... so uhmm...

treave can we use our shapeshifting ability for.... gender-shifting? :oops:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes you can, but you've pretty much neglected it so far, only using it for minor changes. You're going to need to develop it much more. As I mentioned, at higher levels the shapeshifting ability allows you to split and reform your body at will so that "I want to be a dragon" is no longer a mere throwaway line.

By the way you guys were one choice away from being tentacle-raped in Tuwanu.

newcomer

Learned
And what about size limits? I mean something like "I want to be a galaxy", or "I want to be an electron" is too much right... ? Do we need to maintain something, like for example we should weight the same after transformation

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Although I think shapeshifting would be cool, I like the more subtle, esoteric powers more. If there's an option, I'd like us to go for a regeneration power next. Suits our unstoppable warrior thing we've got going.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
And what about size limits? I mean something like "I want to be a galaxy", or "I want to be an electron" is too much right... ? Do we need to maintain something, like for example we should weight the same after transformation

Law of conservation of mass applies. Can be bypassed locally by transmutation, which you have yet to unlock, or infinitely by interdimensional shenanigans.

Sub-atomic level's a bit small. Molecular level, possibly. If you get rid of the mass (i.e. you just want to be a single molecule), good luck getting it back. You could spread yourself out though. And you can compress yourself down to the size of a molecule, giving you super-density. If you want to be a galaxy, you better spread out to sufficient galactic size before/while gaining the mass you need to be an entire galaxy, or it's going to be "I want to be a black hole" instead.

Basically, you guys are going to make me hit up the physics textbooks with your demands. :P

Baltika9

Arcane

Law of conservation of mass applies. Can be bypassed locally by transmutation, which you have yet to unlock, or infinitely by interdimensional shenanigans.

Sub-atomic level's a bit small. Molecular level, possibly. If you get rid of the mass (i.e. you just want to be a single molecule), good luck getting it back. You could spread yourself out though. And you can compress yourself down to the size of a molecule, giving you super-density. If you want to be a galaxy, you better spread out to sufficient galactic size before/while gaining the mass you need to be an entire galaxy, or it's going to be "I want to be a black hole" instead.

Basically, you guys are going to make me hit up the physics textbooks with your demands. :P
I've been hitting up history textbooks for this. Education ad it's best.

newcomer

Learned

I guess physics textbook won't help much to devise a method of re-shapeshift from a black hole to a human... good luck with that :D

And a super-density atom is very close to a black hole itself I guess

Esquilax

Arcane

Not a surprise. Our battle plan kinda sucked so what saved us was the quality of our weaponry and the fact that we didn't go into the city. If we decided to not augment our psionic abilities, instead opting for telekinesis/shapeshifting, would we have been sitting in our harem at Akkad sipping wine and popping out little ubermenschen?

newcomer

Learned

Not a surprise. Our battle plan kinda sucked so what saved us was the quality of our weaponry and the fact that we didn't go into the city. If we decided to not augment our psionic abilities, instead opting for telekinesis/shapeshifting, would we have been sitting in our harem at Akkad sipping wine and popping out little ubermenschen?

Maybe then you will realize that one of our "wife" is actually Shulgi? :decline:

And treave , by the chance that an immortal shapeshift into a female & end up pregnant, can that person shapeshift to something else?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I get the feeling that if we're not careful, this is going to turn out into a very fucked up hentai-esque story.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

First you'd have to slap some cities back into line upon your return from Egypt before you could get to a harem. Sending the recruits succeeded in making the cult go back underground, but the city-states didn't enjoy having your soldiers having their muddy boots around their streets dragging people off to be executed. That you didn't come back actually made them happier, and of course it allowed the cult to recover.

Of course if you did return there was the option to get the most nubile nobility as tribute from every reconquered city-state of Sumeria. A harem has its politics, though...

Maybe then you will realize that one of our "wife" is actually Shulgi? :decline:

And treave , by the chance that an immortal shapeshift into a female & end up pregnant, can that person shapeshift to something else?

There are other immortals besides Shulgi and Naram out there... or rather, there will be. Some will be female. Pregnancy wise, you can use up the baby's mass to shapeshift, or you can keep it contained and shift just yourself. Still, childbearing with the immortals is something I haven't touched upon. It'll become clear when you guys have a chance to settle down instead of chasing after tentacles (i.e. choice D some updates back).

newcomer

Learned
I get the feeling that if we're not careful, this is going to turn out into a very fucked up hentai-esque story.

I hope it won't, but it's quite good to see that the possibilities are... limitless :D

There are other immortals besides Shulgi and Naram out there... or rather, there will be. Some will be female. Pregnancy wise, you can use up the baby's mass to shapeshift, or you can keep it contained and shift just yourself. Still, childbearing with the immortals is something I haven't touched upon. It'll become clear when you guys have a chance to settle down instead of chasing after tentacles (i.e. choice D some updates back).

It's good to know that we can choose not to kill the baby, but on the other side this is a convenient method for abortion... Now I see shapeshifting in a new light...

Baltika9

Arcane
Seems to me that instead of playing politics, the best choice would be hunting down the tentacles, and let the other immortals worry about politics and governance.

newcomer

Learned
Anyone else think the Ra ritual will turn the son of that priest into an immortal as well?

I suspect that it will revive NaRAm to fight the tentacles... considering how he is able to summon pillars of light

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom