Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I don't see how A would work. He may be weak, but he's got a bunch of creatures and possibly Keiko on his side. Besides, for all we know, she may be the one controlling him.
    B is an option...
    C might be the best option in capturing him, but c1 seems retarded as we could exhaust ourselves and without our powers, how are we going to fight off those things?
    D is the wild card. She's studying us? Then using our powers might give her more information...but not using them could put us at a disadvantage when dealing with her...

D1 for now.

B2 for Esquilaxian reasons...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
  3. Zwist Learned

Zwist
    Anti train:

B2

We are being studied.
    So lets try to run without giving away to much.
    If it works, fine. But if it does not, would she let us die?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    :yeah:

Btw, I agree with Zwist. We've already got what we need; we've won. Don't get greedy, and don't give them anything else on us, just get the fuck out. Think of the long game.

B2

^ Top  
  5. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    We can just ask Treave to kill her out right.

^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You should check out root's LP for grimdark protagonists. You will find little of that here. The first person the protagonist personally kills will elicit 2000 words of badly written angst.

^ Top  
  7. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Wait, was Shulgi named for Shulgiland or for the historical Shulgi? There are conflicting accounts in the story!

C2/C1, whichever has more votes. I don't care about the powers so long as it's C.

^ Top  
  8. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    As for Keiko, I think she knows what we are and who we are. She engineered this situation to lure Julius out and she seems unusually calm given the circumstances, which tells me (a) she's not in danger and she doesn't need a rescue and (b) she lied to Julius, which means she probably did so for our benefit to aid us. Because of that, I think Senya ought to take the hint and get the fuck out while the getting is good. I dunno, perhaps I read the situation wrong, but I think that's what's going on.

^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I'd rather we capitalize on the moment and seize the last bit of info we can get our hands on and then lay low and consolidate. Everything is still too obscured for us (read:me) to begin making out a picture of what's going on, although I do have some ideas. I favor C over running away right now, since it will allow us to box all of these guys in (although calling in Kyrie may get her injured; I do not want to explain that shit to Butterfield). However it rather requires that we activate our powers. Otherwise we may end up severely injured or dead (in before almost dying will activate more powers).

The risk here is that we may end up in a "Diogenes under house arrest" situation: grasping for too much, too soon will get us noticed by the higher-ups and we'll be in a tight spot. And since Senya's balls can't compare to Dio's, the consequences may not be pleasant.
    :hmmm:

That's pretty much the only "romance" that interests me right now. Is it a DLC?
    Or Boy-Wonder here screwed with her brains (and assorted elements of her physique) good and proper.
    Edit: flopped to C1.

^ Top  
  10. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I wonder if the "rape" treave mentioned earlier wasn't the mouthrape Senya's gonna get if we try to stick around and fight, rather than the tsunde rereverse-rape I assumed it to be...

Esquilax, I hardly think Keiko meant to aid us. She lied to us just to get us to the roof. She helped lure us into a trap that she knew Julius wanted us lured into. She wants us to use our power against him. She may be curious or she may have some darker motive. You are right that she's probably not in danger though - or at least doesn't think she is.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Whatever this is, we can be fairly certain it wasn't consensual. Also, it's interesting that she didn't go with his script about declaring her love for us; I'm not currently sure what that's supposed to say, though.

Anyway, she's really kind of useless to him if we do manage to escape, so I don't think that we can say she's not in danger, especially if he thinks she could reveal what he's been doing. Her lack of reaction doesn't really tell us much, considering how probable it is that she knew this was coming, and besides... we really don't know what she went through over the weekend. Remember, this is a guy attempting to force his rotting worms into intercourse with our throat right now; he could probably think of some pretty messed up shit to do to her.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Fuck. Uh... when he was named Shulgi there was a strong fad in the country for naming kids after Shulgiland, but his parents particularly wanted to call him Shulgi because of the ancient king, not because of nationalism! /speech roll.

^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    ...so everyone remembers some pissant science god after four thousand years and name a country plus children after him. Right.
    I still think Shulgi was under the relaxing side-effects of Innana flowers when he came up with that plan, just like he was when he decided "lol, I'll create the Paladin Wolf Group."

^ Top  
  14. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Okay, Kipeci has me convinced. Let's rescue the damsel in distress.

Flopping to D1

C1 for now, might go back to B2

^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Remember the Cult of Shulgi? Remember who tried to use them to take over Babylon and kept up appearances afterwards?

Yeah.

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    So why not Mardukia, or New Runia, since the two of them were bigger influences on history?
    Why not Diogenesland, then? This is fishy: you're either screwin' with us, Shulgi is bored
    ...Or Shulgi knows about us and is leaving a trail for us to use.

^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Who were bigger influences on history? :lol:

Marduk? What did he do that is actually recorded in the world's history as fact and not fiction? Runi? A demigod persona who is part of Ean's greater myth? Diogenesland did not pan out because Dio's legacy is still tainted despite the best lobbying efforts of House Camna.

Compare that to a mythical king who introduced agricultural advances, plumbing and street lights, and has become a patron figure of scholars - one of the most important groups of people in the Empire thanks to the system you guys introduced - since 3000 years ago. Ean already has an Empire as his legacy and his name ubiquitous. Asking a person on the street who Shulgi is would get them blank looks - only the scholars remember. How many people actually know America is named after Amerigo Vespucci? Asking them who Ean is gets you an immediate answer - founder of the Shinar Empire, an almost unbroken dynasty that has spanned 4000 years.

edit: Think about Naram. Now there's a guy who doesn't get any mentions in history at all. Ever.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Definite possibility.

Damsel? Esquilax, she's not broken like Julius thinks, so why not call the police after what happened to her? Why lure us to the roof? Did she think we could help? Then why not tell us what was up? And why would she think the guy she knows is super-weak would be able to help her? Maybe Julilius told her about our powers. Why would she believe him?

She's either doing this out of curiosity or she's not what (or possibly who) she appears to be, as the update says.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I'm flattered and all, but to be frank D1 has just about no chances of winning unless other people are willing to flop. I'd be fine with such a flop myself, but until the point that other people chime in, it might be better to tentatively throw your lot with C1, as that's the option that seems to be the most popular thus far against those attempting to escape. C1 appears to have a fairly decent chance of us saving her (the monsters are not likely to go for her while we're around, not to mention we could probably beat them all with our powers activated even if our friends are a bit slow to show up) while the B choice winning and happening successfully will result in us ditching her.

^ Top  
  20. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    root's right here guys. There's obviously a ploy here and I'd prefer not to walk right into it. B2 means fleeing without revealing our nature. Unless the tentacles can outrun us, which I don't think they can (You know, because they're frankenstein fish), we should be okay. Alternatively, we could use our powers, but in a way she doesn't expect, ie. attacking her rather than the mental patient ranting in front of us. We shouldn't fight when outnumbered on the foeman's terms. (I'd say differently if we had clobbering powers, yet we don't)

So D1 or B2 seem optimal to me.

^ Top  
  21. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    At 'normal' levels of enhancement you're still operating within the bounds of your biological eyes, seeing as living things do, only with increased spectra and resolution. To go further than that you need to surpass your biological limits. Would probably fry your brain if you tried it right now, but it's possible.

^ Top  
  22. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    At the moment you can't manipulate things directly even if you can perceive them, but yes, eventually, that might be possible.

^ Top  
  23. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Okay so we can kill her but out Character Isn't Ean and will be Emo? Darn...

Treave can I get a action in for Knocking Out Jul's here? You know a good ol' fashion punch to the face?

Also anyone want to vote wether or not we kill the damaged goods Girl off? I'd rather our first kill happen in a relatively safe Location after all he did mention he only wanted to face rape us.

^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    So you're saying you want a Renegade Interrupt (Bioware TM)?

edit: Also, your powers can now be active for up to 8 minutes.

^ Top  
  25. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    treave, you're counting votes in block I take it? TOME bro, you should consider flopping to B2, the flee faction will then be at tie with the C faction.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.