Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yup, B1s are separate from B2s. Deciding whether or not to use your powers is tied to the plan of action you're picking. Some choices might work better (or at least work out) without activating your ability. You'll probably want to consider both the time limit and the side effects during the refractory period.

^ Top  
  2. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Yes exaxtly like Sheperd in ME2 when he was questioning that BigWig about TheCollectors.

Edit also can I start the sub vote to Kill Mastermind Girl (eh I forgot her name and I is sleepy)

^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Having thought it over, I don't think that playing the Hero will work out for Senya here, the guy's not Ean and he can't afford missteps. Sure, we have super analytic powers and Bullet Time but beyond that we're still understrength, so if something goes wrong we're unlikely to get out unharmed(now here's a spot where superstrength and fighting instinct could've been useful, eh?). Hence, running or calling in for the cavalry are our only viable choices here, doing A or D will put us into a position of "and what then?" after our powers run out. Sure, maybe something unexpected will happen, but I'm not counting on it.
    And thank The Emperor for that.
    Actually, Marduk seems to be a known figure to them, although I don't know whether or not they recorded him annexing Assyria and the Indus Valley and curbstomping Greece shortly thereafter. And I never seen any reference to Dio's legend of Hero of the Empire, Bearer of the Emperor's Will and The Good Chancellor being tarnished, unless Shulgi and Co went on a smear campaign against him. Not that it's a terribly big deal, but every time I read "Shulgiland" I imagine a nation populated by Disney characters.
    root, if she will introduce us to the Cult, I won't really mind. It will just give us an opportunity to infiltrate it and gather intel from the inside, and to find out whether or not Innana flowers really do enable contact with this "Goddess" of theirs (I am very curious as to what "she" is). Maybe even bring them down from the inside.

^ Top  
  4. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Very well, flopping to B2.

^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Probably not, because murdering someone in cold blood just because you're paranoid would be as out of character as Ean having hot sweaty sheepsex with Naram.

He is known as the god-king that united Mesopotamia, but the story of the Aegean War as known to the masses had been weaved into the tale of Ean's rise to Emperorhood by the time you guys got back from the rift. Of course, actual historians are more interested in the war itself than which bitch Ean was choking at the time, but as far as the commonfolk is concerned, Marduk the king is insignificant.

As for Diogenes, the aftermath of his disappearance wasn't pretty. Shulgi didn't need to tarnish anything; no matter how good you portray yourself to be, there will always be jealous nobles seeking your position in the Shinar Empire. We didn't dwell a lot on the backstabbing politics in his chapter (partially because of choices made), but Diogenes was just the bastardest of them all in a city full of bastards. After he just up and vanished as swiftly as his own meteoric rise to power, he left a power vacuum at the top. Before the year was out rumours of his scandalous misdeeds, true and false alike, were spread to discredit him and his allies. House Camna would never produce an heir that lived up to the standards set by their most illustrious member.

^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    My thanks for the explanation:salute: , curiosity is sated.

^ Top  
  7. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Same here. Plain "Shulgica" would be much better.

Do elaborate on them, would you, old bean? Does House Camna still exist? Are they biological descendants of Dio and the Princess he married? Do they carry even a slightest remnant of Ean's power in their veins? On that note, what's the chance any other Successor left progeny behind? And why do human-Gieloth hybrids (Officer Zheng, probably Senya and some of the cultists) seem to retain more of their supernatural heritage over the generations than human-Immortal hybrids do (well, the immediate children, like Daimos and Phobos, seemed pretty ok, but by Dio's time the Imperial House wasn't anything special)?

^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yup. Yup. Not as far as they know, no. 100%. The Tree played a part, and the nature of the immortals' power is fundamentally different than that of the Gieloth; voices are an external source of power.

^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Last one for now: what is Shulgi's personal opinion on Ean? Does he know about Sek and Edem and our general bro-hood with the Gieloth? If yes, what is his opinion on it and Gieloth in general?

^ Top  
  10. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    I'll flop to B2 since D1 isn't going to win.

^ Top  
  11. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Can we at least agree to punch Jul's face in before we run or fight?

^ Top  
  12. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I'm wondering if the real Shulgi ever begat any offspring himself. For all we know, some of the other players might be spawn of his.

^ Top  
  13. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I doubt any of the current players are the descendants of Shulgi, but I'm positive that he's fucked a whole lot in his immortality, particularly in his youth. Case in point, when we were in a coma after defeating Pahnrath:

Shulgi had a long reign, and he was right in the middle of his asshole adolescent phase as an immortal, so I'm sure that he must have some descendants kicking around. Things were groovy for a while until Naram came by and gave him an ultimatum: "support the Masters, or else". Shulgi told Naram to go fuck a sheep and as a consequence, he got fried. After this event, Shulgi realized it was a lot smarter to work from the shadows rather than keep making himself a target, so he didn't go around leaving a mark too much. So, what I'm getting at is, I think he has descendants, but I think that they probably pre-date Ean's Imperial dynasty.

However, the whole coma situation from Chapter 2 does present a few questions. treave, did Shulgi know exactly where Ean was buried? While I'm sure he was glad we were toast, I'm also certain that he would have wanted us out of the picture far more permanently. I figure that the reason we were able to wake up was because he wasn't able to find us, because if he did, the first thing he probably would have done would be to burn Ean's body and scatter the ashes into the seas.

^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    No, he didn't, or we'd have been playing "Sumerian warrior in New York City".

^ Top  
  15. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Oddly enough i quite doubt that if the Gieloth were to finish their pet Project Tree we'd be playing Sumerian Warrior in Space!

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    ...so all of the three Immortals sent by Sargon were "forever alone evervirgins"?

^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I don't get what you mean.

^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    That Ean, Shulgi and Naram were abstaining from sexual activities for most of their existence.

^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    How did you get that from

"No, he didn't, or we'd have been playing "Sumerian warrior in New York City"

Which was referring to:

"treave, did Shulgi know exactly where Ean was buried?"

I don't see how Shulgi not knowing the location of Ean's tomb has anything to do with his sex-life. In fact it implies the reverse; that he was having too much fun sexing Mesopotamia to give a shit about looking for him.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Failed my reading comprehension test, then.
    Since I have you on the line, though
    Just curious, really.

^ Top  
  21. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Shulgi's analysis of Ean: Well-meaning, brave, unpredictable but not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Shulgi's opinion of Ean : I'll be glad if he doesn't stir up any more problems now that he's a bunch of plants. Still... oh fuck, did that just happen? Goddammit.

Shulgi's opinion on Sekhenun: A good, moderating influence on Ean.
    Shulgi's opinion on Edem: Pretty cool guy, just like his dad. Too bad Naram nuked them.
    Shulgi's opinion on Ean befriending Gieloth: I don't judge people by their sexual preferences.

Shulgi's opinion on Gieloth: It would be better for them if they stay out of my way and lie low. Besides that, I don't really care one way or another about them in general.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Many thanks, treave.
    :yeah: I foresee much:butthurt: and:martini:ahead, although I'm not sure who will experiencing what.
    Entering full:avatard:mode.

^ Top  
  23. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Uh oh.

I can't imagine how hard Shulgi raged after Ean's sphere diplomacy idiocy. If there's one choice throughout this narrative that I truly and utterly despise, it's that one. If only you bros listened...

Since we're playing this game, what's Shulgi's opinion on Naram? They still had serious bad blood, so I wonder what Shulgi's analysis here was.

^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Shulgi's analysis of Naram: Original personality utterly twisted and subsumed by voices, example of the path to hell being paved by good intentions
    Shulgi's opinion of Naram: Sheepfucker.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
    Shulgi's opinion of ean no longer having voices having no visible psychic presence and gaining the hunger

EDIT: also what happened to the anbar-shi storm ean made did the blades turn into plants with ean did they dissipate or there are thousands of anbar-shi's spread across the world if its the last one we may wont to look into that

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.