Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. GreyViper Erudite

GreyViper
    B

^ Top  
  2. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    This is stupid - why didn't we decide to put Relius away for good when we had the opportunity to last choice? You don't let an enemy of yours escape and give him the opportunity to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, you take him out before he can get back up. But I guess it's no different from me at seventeen; I'd rather hang out with hot, secretly slutty religious chicks and smoke dope than get off my ass too, so I suppose it's appropriate.

I dunno what we should pick for this choice - leaning towards B, I suppose. I might flop to A, I'd much rather save the Emperor if we can.

B

^ Top  
  3. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Yeah, but let's face it - you can rely on us - the prestigious members of the Hivemind - to horribly fail at being young Shulgi ;)

^ Top  
  4. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    B

Dumais Group is Rel's Escape Route the zombies and the attack on the Emperor is a cover. Hitting him while he attempts so sort of Super Villain Evil is exactly what we should do.

Edit:
    They don't think we are dead Erika simply 'Marked' us as her Kill.

^ Top  
  5. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    B

I would abhor corrupting our tentacles' youth with that dreadful alcohol, etc. etc.,
    A.

^ Top  
  6. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
  7. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    You have Encounter a Random Tally!?​
    *Tally uses Vote Lock Critical Hit!*​
    A-Smashing Axe, Storyfag, Zwist, Stygian Lurker, TOME, ScubaV : 6
    B-root, m4davis, GreyViper, Esquilax, Bloodshifter, Kipeci : 6
    C-Baltika9 : 1
    root are you flipping from B to A?

^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    There will be no grand declarations... Not from Senya at least. :lol:

^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Booze, hookers and blow. Keiko gave us number three already and I'm sure the Cult stocks up quite thoroughly.

^ Top  
  10. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    It saddens me that A might not win.

Do it for the children, root. Thems poor children of the Emperor. We need to look after Ean's dynasty. Have you no heart?

Also, ISC seems the best route to get mechs, which will compliment our extreme perception ability. We might not be superior in our mech compared to an immortal, but it'll give us sufficient power to capitalise on shatterpoint. We must be anime Tony Stark!

^ Top  
  11. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    You dirty bastard. Anyway, they might not be Ean's children anymore
    So, yeah, there's a bigger chance of Dunamis being connected to him.

^ Top  
  12. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    I guess it depends on how inheritance laws work in this game. The Y chromosome could still be kicking if only males retain the family name on marriage. The minor branch would just be a fifth son's family inheriting after that branch has spread out to encompass a long line of male descendants.

Has the ISC had an Empress before?
    edit:
    You normally vote GRIMDARK right? Okay then, let us do a dirty back room deal.

^ Top  
  13. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Like Genghis Khan, Ean's genes are now found in a significant percentage of the population. His heirs were very prolific.

^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :martini:?
    Am I the only one who sees the irony in the ever-virgin's genes being the most widespread across humanity? Ean really is the greatest there ever was. Up to this point, hopefully.
    And this does open interesting interplay with Innana flowers, I'd rather have a civilization dominated by Tzeentch-levels of intrigue and made of evolved ubermenschen then technocratic Tau-wannabes spreading their "Greater Good" bullshit. That, or a race of Lovecraftian horrors.

Anyway guys, if you want to be this guy twat
    [​IMG]
    chasing this girl (who is also named Kyrie, by the way)
    [​IMG]
    Then by all means, vote A.

If, however, you believe in achieving greater power for ourselves and mankind by unlocking it's hidden potentials, well, B or C are the way to go.

^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Fuck, I knew I should've swapped Erika and Kyrie's names. :lol: Devil May Cry is obviously the B choice, what with you fighting white haired swordsmen.

^ Top  
  16. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Elixir + basic sword skills should make us reasonably capable, but there's a major problem with A. We'd have to use our tentacles in full view of all our enemies and whoever, and while I like Kyrie more than all the other NPCs I don't see her being of much use, either. C works with our strongest skillsets but I'm a bit wary about the whole cult/Mistress connection, the least predictable of our erstwhile allies. B just strikes me as weird, though, in terms of what we actually do - go up and 'confront' the bro? Really?

B for now, which I think means RETURN OF THE VOTE LOCK

^ Top  
  17. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Edit: damned bush Ninjas

Well now Root I ask once more DID you flip or not I wasn't offering you anything your post was and remains UNCLEAR.

If root did flip A is in lead by 1

If he didn't B wins by 1

Also Treave you sly Dog The Golden Womb is actually a Master in disgiuse! 'Using' the Flowers to 'enter' a 'trance'? That screams Master like no other! We are lucky we didn't do it near our 'sister' Master Slave route Avoided!

^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, since no one has the balls to delve into Lovecraftian horror (and the common sense to investigate the cult), I'm flopping to B.

root: I think we missed the Dante/Doomrider train when we forfeited the path of Heat (tell me again how that was a good idea :smug:); on the other hand, we can now, in time, LARP Vergil and even Ahzek. So, yeah, not too bad.

^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yeah, with B you just walk into his hotel suite, with all his men around him, and have a... chat about what he's going to do.

[​IMG]

There will be wine. But you're under-age, so tea for you.

C will bring you to the cult, sure enough. There will be orgies. Your involvement is up in the air.

And A does test to see if you're a bad enough dude to save the Emperor-President.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Bloodshifter: fuck the catgirls. I'll take Chaos any time of the day.

And I will rest easy knowing that this can never become worse than the new DmC.

Edit: we already take performance enhancing drugs, so what's a glass of wine?

^ Top  
  21. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Flopped to A.

^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Why must you betray Shulgi so?:(
    I really don't want to LARP Nero, The Queensguard.

Another thing you might want to consider about this situation:
    Erika's brother might be planning a coup of his own and out there we will be powerless to stop it. From the inside, however, we may stand a chance if we play our cards right. Besides, getting closer to Erika means gettting closer to Shulgi.

Do you want to exchange Shulgi for pwincess?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I'm mostly expecting us to get ourselves killed immediately so that we can learn a bit more about what's going on and then replay as a sensible option. I do prefer C to B, I must say.

^ Top  
  24. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    I reckon we can still romance Shulgi without romancing Erika. Once we become the all powerful emperor we can devote time to romancing him like Ean would have done in an alternate universe.

^ Top  
  25. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I am still extremely upset that we never got to see the inevitable buddy-cop movie that would have developed between Ean and Shulgi as they both joined forces to take down the Masters Inc. Drug Cartel. Their only lead is a miserable little drug mule brainwashed by the dealers to the point of Stockholm Syndrome named Naram, and their only desire... is justice.

:yeah:

But seriously, they would have made such a fucking incredible team. Between Ean's bravery and willingness to take risks combined with Shulgi's knowledge and ability to plan long-term, they pretty much would have covered each other's weaknesses.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.