Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Kipeci

Arcane
I recommend you think in the here and now, bro. The best laid plans can come undone, never count for a specific outcome, this much I've learned.

If we manage to survive A, then that's actually fine for me, too. I just don't think we will.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If this is the real Shulgi then his memory is going down the tubes, considering how he can't even keep the false back-story of his name consistent over the course of one conversation.

That's all my fault. :oops:

Esquilax

Arcane
If this is the real Shulgi then his memory is going down the tubes, considering how he can't even keep the false back-story of his name consistent over the course of one conversation. I was going to rant about something from here, but I forgot what I was going to say.
something something, it's better to go with A and die as we almost certainly would to get a better look at the situation and then shamelessly abuse meta knowledge for either B or C, preferably C because we've tended to veer away from culty cults aside from minimal infiltrations or stamping them in the face. We deserve some tentacle orgies for once after all these dozens of pages of teases!

Yeah, nothing in my post indicated any sort of metagaming knowledge. I am just relying on Senya's knowledge here - Dunamis is the real power, Relius and Gallardo are nothing without them.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Gay, B is obviously the right choice. The goal is probably not to assassinate the Emperor, there's a deeper purpose behind these actions and B will lead us to it.

I don't know about that, the death of the Emperor definitely seems to be involved in the plan, and if we foil that we may still be able to follow up our investigation once it's been prevented. If the Emperor dies, Relius may well be able to gain control of the ISC. He's been gunning for it for a while now it seems. He tried to marry Kyrie, but once that avenue dried up it stands to reason he'd have other means of securing power. He's been planning it for long enough.

Bloodshifter

Educated
I recommend you think in the here and now, bro. The best laid plans can come undone, never count for a specific outcome, this much I've learned.

If we manage to survive A, then that's actually fine for me, too. I just don't think we will.
Guys does no one but me think this Entire I want the Emprah dead plot is a Ruse by Rel to do something evil and Villainish?

Baltika9

Arcane
I don't know about that, the death of the Emperor definitely seems to be involved in the plan, and if we foil that we may still be able to follow up our investigation once it's been prevented. If the Emperor dies, Relius may well be able to gain control of the ISC. He's been gunning for it for a while now it seems. He tried to marry Kyrie, but once that avenue dried up it stands to reason he'd have other means of securing power. He's been planning it for long enough.
However, his plan is already known. We know he will attempt to try something and we know where it will be. We already know about the chimeras and I'm pretty sure security isn't going to be lax. The Emperor should survive Relius' gambit; it's the Dunamis guys I'm worried about, they may be gunning for an agenda of their own here.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Gay, B is obviously the right choice. The goal is probably not to assassinate the Emperor, there's a deeper purpose behind these actions and B will lead us to it.

If Rel is part of the Golden Womb then Taking over ISC is small time.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Edit: root, I don't care whose interests he has at heart. What I care about is buddying up with him and milking him for every last drop of knowledge he can provide. If the two become bros, I'm all for it. Otherwise, he's the most knowledgeable person around here and he may be our link to the underbelly of the world.

you FOOL! how can you be so BLIND? don't you UNDERSTAND? WE are the MOST knowledgeable people here! if we slow time ENOUGH, all of existence is ours to DISSECT as we SEE FIT! we can see the FAULT lines in THE UNIVERSE itself! we are a GOD amongst MEN! let these PATHETIC mortals and ARROGANT SUBHUMANS destroy each other! IN the end WE shall rule! OUR time is nigh! THE LONG NIGHT is HERE! all of creation is ours if we but REACH out and TOUCH IT! TOUCH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

WHY can't you SEE? DON'T YOU see? WE are the place where the GOLDEN WOMB dare not GO! WE are the VOICE! our EYES can see ALL THAT WHICH EXISTS! OURS is the SENSES that will PIERCE THE VEIL! WE ARE THE SHORTENING OF THE WAY! WE ARE THE KWISATZ HADERACH!

and now we MUST bide OUR TIME! so that we have enough MEN on the GROUND to stamp out ALL OPPOSITION and set mankind on the GOLDEN PATH!
So why are you choosing Get caught in the Cross fire A?

Baltika9

Arcane
and now we MUST bide OUR TIME! so that we have enough MEN on the GROUND to stamp out ALL OPPOSITION and set mankind on the GOLDEN PATH!
I agree with everything you said, bro, it's just that I'd rather have superhumans on my side rather than robots and Kyrie. Seriously, fuck the ISC, why do you like them so much?
:troll:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
However, his plan is already known. We know he will attempt to try something and we know where it will be. We already know about the chimeras and I'm pretty sure security isn't going to be lax. The Emperor should survive Relius' gambit; it's the Dunamis guys I'm worried about, they may be gunning for an agenda of their own here.

Except we've been told the evidence we've gathered so far is not enough to put Relius behind bars, if the Emperor dies Relius will likely be able to pull off his coup. Yes, we don't know what the Dunamis guys are planning, yet it could still hinge on the Emperor dying, or it might not. However I think we can assume that the Emperor dying would be a very, very bad thing. We know Relius has taken action to secure his power, we don't know to what extent, but it seems very much like he's prepared to take the reigns on the Emperor's death.

Suffice to say I think we should stop something happening that we know will be bad, rather than take action to stop what might be bad.

Bloodshifter

Educated
fuck shulgi. why do you people like him so much, anyway...

Bloodshifter: We have to be there to ensure everything goes NOT AS PLANNED for everyone involved, thus weakening all positions simultaneously. it's a calculated risk. if senya here can't handle it, he wasn't meant to be shit anyway
But it goes against almost everything we have done WE KNOW that the Zombies attacking the Emprah are Stupidly WEAK WE KNOW the Dumias Group ARE SUPERHUMAN We Know that the Cult, ISC, and Indus all cut ties with him. The only way for him to GAIN ANYTHING is from some Angle we have yet too SEE yet!

Bloodshifter

Educated
they cut ties with him? i thought he was employing the dunanmisis?
They are Personally employed not Government Funded currently something about a contract from the Ye Olden days. He stole Golden Womb Tech. ISC Emprah Daugther doesn't trust him a Lick meaning the City is against him.

Meaning if he is still Planning something the Dumais Group is at its rotten Core

Baltika9

Arcane
so...if everyone's against him...why do we care about him?
Because then it is not he who is dangerous, but the Dunamis group. And they must be investigated and quickly, before whatever it is they're planning comes to fruition. Relius' plan involves them in one way or another, but the head honcho has his own agenda and I think it is not a pleasant one for the current order. We are not yet God, root...not yet, we must bide our time and increase our influence: to be carried to the throne by our own slaves.
[Suffice to say I think we should stop something happening that we know will be bad, rather than take action to stop what might be bad.
I think you're having a little tunnel vision here: Relius is not the only player on the field, everyone involved has their own agendas. We already neutered his plan sufficiently, but the Dunamis group is planning something unpleasant and since we've done absolutely nothing to hamper them until now, we'd better jump on it.

Bloodshifter

Educated
They are Personally employed not Government Funded currently something about a contract from the Ye Olden days. He stole Golden Womb Tech. ISC Emprah Daugther doesn't trust him a Lick meaning the City is against him.

Meaning if he is still Planning something the Dumais Group is at its rotten Core
Look it here root it says he(Rel-sama) owns the Group due to a Contract *discussed a few updates back before with left his Suite*

I'll come back to Debate taking a short break

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Edem also found that the chief adviser of King Egill, a man who is rumoured to be the real power behind the throne and a shaman that has served his clan for many generations, turned out to be just a normal human, albeit one that was intelligent and resourceful – it was his idea to send an emissary to the south, and he was knowledgeable enough about events that were happening in Greece and elsewhere.

Oh yeah, about that. The chief adviser was normal, if you had investigated it yourself. They just kept using the same names passed down through the generations. One of their pet wolves, however...

Baltika9

Arcane
Off-topic: what was Shulgi's view on Ean as an Emperor and ruler? I'm thinking he would be impressed at how we handled the Hittites and our general policy of education and espionage. What did he think of our defenses of the rift? Did he consider Ean to be a bro, in the sense that "if I had the chance to work with him I would, no questions and no reservations; this man does good shit for good reasons... well, except Crete and Olympus, and the Rift...and the Sphere Diplomacy"?

Edit: and Azira once again does what he does best::troll: Good job, bro.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Shulgi: Dude's been learning but he's still got nothing on me. Now, hold my ale and watch this. *gets outplayed by Dio* Fuck.

edit: Isn't it now A - 8, B - 7 counting Azira's vote? The person who flops from A to C would deserve to use the :troll:.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Thanks for the hard work. Votes won't be locked in so soon though.

Anyway, no matter which route you guys pick, school's out for the summer. Next update will focus on larger issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom