Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    But we promised to look after his niece.

We can't look after her if we tell her to go fuck herself and then have her choose between us and family. Just doesn't work that way. So, yeah, Erika and Shulgi are closely tied; I'm pretty sure if we forfeit one, the other will be harder to get.
    *Cough*
    I recommend you think in the here and now, bro. The best laid plans can come undone, never count for a specific outcome, this much I've learned.

One thing bothers me: why am I always the only one who keeps arguing for the opposition? Seriously, every single time and the results are always the same.
    Off-topic: what was Shulgi's view on Ean as an Emperor and ruler? I'm thinking he would be impressed at how we handled the Hittites and our general policy of education and espionage. What did he think of our defenses of the rift? Did he consider Ean to be a bro?

Edit: root, I don't care whose interests he has at heart. What I care about is buddying up with him and milking him for every last drop of knowledge he can provide. If the two become bros, I'm all for it. Otherwise, he's the most knowledgeable person around here and he may be our link to the underbelly of the world.

^ Top  
  2. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    A-Smashing Axe, Storyfag, Zwist, Stygian Lurker, TOME, ScubaV, root, Kipeci : 8
    B-m4davis, GreyViper, Esquilax, Bloodshifter, Tigranes, Baltika: 6

Edit: quick Treave Lock the Vote before more floppers appear and I have to add AGAIN!

Also just make new votes I will NOT be sorting through the 3 pages for Changes I am now on a mobile Device.

^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You guys were ready to STAB someone on the off chance it might be Shulgi back then.

^ Top  
  4. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Gay, B is obviously the right choice. The goal is probably not to assassinate the Emperor, there's a deeper purpose behind these actions and B will lead us to it.

^ Top  
  5. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    If this is the real Shulgi then his memory is going down the tubes, considering how he can't even keep the false back-story of his name consistent over the course of one conversation. I was going to rant about something from here, but I forgot what I was going to say.
    something something, it's better to go with A and die as we almost certainly would to get a better look at the situation and then shamelessly abuse meta knowledge for either B or C, preferably C because we've tended to veer away from culty cults aside from minimal infiltrations or stamping them in the face. We deserve some tentacle orgies for once after all these dozens of pages of teases!

^ Top  
  6. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    And how do we abuse Meta for B my dear Kiipeci?

^ Top  
  7. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    :lol:

Wasn't me, it was Lambchop.

Anyways, our attitude regarding Shulgi changed a lot around Chapter 5. We were still wary, but we were beginning to come around. By Chapter 6, once we figured that Shulgi was possibly aiding us from the shadows and managed to dominate his voices, most of the voting bloc came around. There was speculation that Skane was ruled by Shulgi pretty early on:

^ Top  
  8. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    If we manage to survive A, then that's actually fine for me, too. I just don't think we will.

^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    That's all my fault. :oops:

^ Top  
  10. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Yeah, nothing in my post indicated any sort of metagaming knowledge. I am just relying on Senya's knowledge here - Dunamis is the real power, Relius and Gallardo are nothing without them.

^ Top  
  11. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I don't know about that, the death of the Emperor definitely seems to be involved in the plan, and if we foil that we may still be able to follow up our investigation once it's been prevented. If the Emperor dies, Relius may well be able to gain control of the ISC. He's been gunning for it for a while now it seems. He tried to marry Kyrie, but once that avenue dried up it stands to reason he'd have other means of securing power. He's been planning it for long enough.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Guys does no one but me think this Entire I want the Emprah dead plot is a Ruse by Rel to do something evil and Villainish?

^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    However, his plan is already known. We know he will attempt to try something and we know where it will be. We already know about the chimeras and I'm pretty sure security isn't going to be lax. The Emperor should survive Relius' gambit; it's the Dunamis guys I'm worried about, they may be gunning for an agenda of their own here.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    If Rel is part of the Golden Womb then Taking over ISC is small time.

^ Top  
  15. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    So why are you choosing Get caught in the Cross fire A?

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I agree with everything you said, bro, it's just that I'd rather have superhumans on my side rather than robots and Kyrie. Seriously, fuck the ISC, why do you like them so much?
    :troll:

^ Top  
  17. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Except we've been told the evidence we've gathered so far is not enough to put Relius behind bars, if the Emperor dies Relius will likely be able to pull off his coup. Yes, we don't know what the Dunamis guys are planning, yet it could still hinge on the Emperor dying, or it might not. However I think we can assume that the Emperor dying would be a very, very bad thing. We know Relius has taken action to secure his power, we don't know to what extent, but it seems very much like he's prepared to take the reigns on the Emperor's death.

Suffice to say I think we should stop something happening that we know will be bad, rather than take action to stop what might be bad.

^ Top  
  18. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    But it goes against almost everything we have done WE KNOW that the Zombies attacking the Emprah are Stupidly WEAK WE KNOW the Dumias Group ARE SUPERHUMAN We Know that the Cult, ISC, and Indus all cut ties with him. The only way for him to GAIN ANYTHING is from some Angle we have yet too SEE yet!

^ Top  
  19. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Oops my fault replace Him with Rel the Evil Villain-sama

^ Top  
  20. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    They are Personally employed not Government Funded currently something about a contract from the Ye Olden days. He stole Golden Womb Tech. ISC Emprah Daugther doesn't trust him a Lick meaning the City is against him.

Meaning if he is still Planning something the Dumais Group is at its rotten Core

^ Top  
  21. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Because he IS palnning something what we have no idea but a Cornered Rat can still be Dangerous if not given proper care.

^ Top  
  22. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    You keep forgetting he has a GROUP OF SUPERHUMANS and Jul's. Dumias is his Last Gambit let us Cut his Thread and kill the Spidar!

^ Top  
  23. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Because then it is not he who is dangerous, but the Dunamis group. And they must be investigated and quickly, before whatever it is they're planning comes to fruition. Relius' plan involves them in one way or another, but the head honcho has his own agenda and I think it is not a pleasant one for the current order. We are not yet God, root...not yet, we must bide our time and increase our influence: to be carried to the throne by our own slaves.
    I think you're having a little tunnel vision here: Relius is not the only player on the field, everyone involved has their own agendas. We already neutered his plan sufficiently, but the Dunamis group is planning something unpleasant and since we've done absolutely nothing to hamper them until now, we'd better jump on it.

^ Top  
  24. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Look it here root it says he(Rel-sama) owns the Group due to a Contract *discussed a few updates back before with left his Suite*

I'll come back to Debate taking a short break

^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Oh yeah, about that. The chief adviser was normal, if you had investigated it yourself. They just kept using the same names passed down through the generations. One of their pet wolves, however...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.