Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There will be no grand declarations... Not from Senya at least. :lol:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It saddens me that A might not win.

Do it for the children, root. Thems poor children of the Emperor. We need to look after Ean's dynasty. Have you no heart?

Also, ISC seems the best route to get mechs, which will compliment our extreme perception ability. We might not be superior in our mech compared to an immortal, but it'll give us sufficient power to capitalise on shatterpoint. We must be anime Tony Stark!

Baltika9

Arcane
It saddens me that A might not win.

Do it for the children, root. Thems poor children of the Emperor. We need to look after Ean's dynasty. Have you no heart?
You dirty bastard. Anyway, they might not be Ean's children anymore
Except Kyrie could very well be the immortal path, being descended from Ean as she is.
No guarantee of that, the Imperial family has had two revolutions
3470 A.C.
A failed revolution in the Old Empire ends with a very minor branch of the Imperial family coming to power instead of nationalists. The Empire is given the appellate ‘New’.
3722 A.C.
The revolution in the New Empire ends with another very minor branch of the Imperial family coming to power. The Empire is given the appellate ‘Neo’. No one is bothered to point out that the meaning is the same.
They may be related to Ean in name only.
So, yeah, there's a bigger chance of Dunamis being connected to him.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
I guess it depends on how inheritance laws work in this game. The Y chromosome could still be kicking if only males retain the family name on marriage. The minor branch would just be a fifth son's family inheriting after that branch has spread out to encompass a long line of male descendants.

Has the ISC had an Empress before?
edit:
You normally vote GRIMDARK right? Okay then, let us do a dirty back room deal.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Like Genghis Khan, Ean's genes are now found in a significant percentage of the population. His heirs were very prolific.

Baltika9

Arcane
Like Genghis Khan, Ean's genes are now found in a significant percentage of the population. His heirs were very prolific.
:martini:?
Am I the only one who sees the irony in the ever-virgin's genes being the most widespread across humanity? Ean really is the greatest there ever was. Up to this point, hopefully.
And this does open interesting interplay with Innana flowers, I'd rather have a civilization dominated by Tzeentch-levels of intrigue and made of evolved ubermenschen then technocratic Tau-wannabes spreading their "Greater Good" bullshit. That, or a race of Lovecraftian horrors.

Anyway guys, if you want to be this guy twat
250px-DMC4COVER.jpg

chasing this girl (who is also named Kyrie, by the way)
cg_kyrie_1.jpg

Then by all means, vote A.

If, however, you believe in achieving greater power for ourselves and mankind by unlocking it's hidden potentials, well, B or C are the way to go.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Fuck, I knew I should've swapped Erika and Kyrie's names. :lol: Devil May Cry is obviously the B choice, what with you fighting white haired swordsmen.

Tigranes

Arcane
Elixir + basic sword skills should make us reasonably capable, but there's a major problem with A. We'd have to use our tentacles in full view of all our enemies and whoever, and while I like Kyrie more than all the other NPCs I don't see her being of much use, either. C works with our strongest skillsets but I'm a bit wary about the whole cult/Mistress connection, the least predictable of our erstwhile allies. B just strikes me as weird, though, in terms of what we actually do - go up and 'confront' the bro? Really?

B for now, which I think means RETURN OF THE VOTE LOCK

Bloodshifter

Educated
Edit: damned bush Ninjas

Well now Root I ask once more DID you flip or not I wasn't offering you anything your post was and remains UNCLEAR.

If root did flip A is in lead by 1

If he didn't B wins by 1

Also Treave you sly Dog The Golden Womb is actually a Master in disgiuse! 'Using' the Flowers to 'enter' a 'trance'? That screams Master like no other! We are lucky we didn't do it near our 'sister' Master Slave route Avoided!

Baltika9

Arcane
Devil May Cry is obviously the B choice, what with you fighting white haired swordsmen.
Well, since no one has the balls to delve into Lovecraftian horror (and the common sense to investigate the cult), I'm flopping to B.

root: I think we missed the Dante/Doomrider train when we forfeited the path of Heat (tell me again how that was a good idea :smug:); on the other hand, we can now, in time, LARP Vergil and even Ahzek. So, yeah, not too bad.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, with B you just walk into his hotel suite, with all his men around him, and have a... chat about what he's going to do.

cavellone.png

There will be wine. But you're under-age, so tea for you.

C will bring you to the cult, sure enough. There will be orgies. Your involvement is up in the air.

And A does test to see if you're a bad enough dude to save the Emperor-President.

Baltika9

Arcane
Bloodshifter: fuck the catgirls. I'll take Chaos any time of the day.

And I will rest easy knowing that this can never become worse than the new DmC.

Edit: we already take performance enhancing drugs, so what's a glass of wine?

Baltika9

Arcane
Why must you betray Shulgi so?:(
I really don't want to LARP Nero, The Queensguard.

Another thing you might want to consider about this situation:
B. Erika tells me that her brother seems to be planning something terrible, according to what she has heard from members of the group that are still friendly to her - though their loyalty to her brother is still not in question. This might be something that goes beyond Relius's intentions. She wants me to go with her to confront her brother about his plans for the Dunamis clan.
Erika's brother might be planning a coup of his own and out there we will be powerless to stop it. From the inside, however, we may stand a chance if we play our cards right. Besides, getting closer to Erika means gettting closer to Shulgi.

Do you want to exchange Shulgi for pwincess?

Kipeci

Arcane
I'm mostly expecting us to get ourselves killed immediately so that we can learn a bit more about what's going on and then replay as a sensible option. I do prefer C to B, I must say.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
I reckon we can still romance Shulgi without romancing Erika. Once we become the all powerful emperor we can devote time to romancing him like Ean would have done in an alternate universe.

Esquilax

Arcane
I reckon we can still romance Shulgi without romancing Erika. Once we become the all powerful emperor we can devote time to romancing him like Ean would have done in an alternate universe.

I am still extremely upset that we never got to see the inevitable buddy-cop movie that would have developed between Ean and Shulgi as they both joined forces to take down the Masters Inc. Drug Cartel. Their only lead is a miserable little drug mule brainwashed by the dealers to the point of Stockholm Syndrome named Naram, and their only desire... is justice.

:yeah:

But seriously, they would have made such a fucking incredible team. Between Ean's bravery and willingness to take risks combined with Shulgi's knowledge and ability to plan long-term, they pretty much would have covered each other's weaknesses.

Baltika9

Arcane
But we promised to look after his niece.

We can't look after her if we tell her to go fuck herself and then have her choose between us and family. Just doesn't work that way. So, yeah, Erika and Shulgi are closely tied; I'm pretty sure if we forfeit one, the other will be harder to get.
I'm mostly expecting us to get ourselves killed immediately so that we can learn a bit more about what's going on and then replay as a sensible option. I do prefer C to B, I must say.
*Cough*
You forfeit any right to whinge about the results if your master plan to not get Ean killed by taking the option to get Ean killed results in Ean dying.
I recommend you think in the here and now, bro. The best laid plans can come undone, never count for a specific outcome, this much I've learned.

One thing bothers me: why am I always the only one who keeps arguing for the opposition? Seriously, every single time and the results are always the same.
Off-topic: what was Shulgi's view on Ean as an Emperor and ruler? I'm thinking he would be impressed at how we handled the Hittites and our general policy of education and espionage. What did he think of our defenses of the rift? Did he consider Ean to be a bro?

Edit: root, I don't care whose interests he has at heart. What I care about is buddying up with him and milking him for every last drop of knowledge he can provide. If the two become bros, I'm all for it. Otherwise, he's the most knowledgeable person around here and he may be our link to the underbelly of the world.

Bloodshifter

Educated
A-Smashing Axe, Storyfag, Zwist, Stygian Lurker, TOME, ScubaV, root, Kipeci : 8
B-m4davis, GreyViper, Esquilax, Bloodshifter, Tigranes, Baltika: 6

Edit: quick Treave Lock the Vote before more floppers appear and I have to add AGAIN!

Also just make new votes I will NOT be sorting through the 3 pages for Changes I am now on a mobile Device.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
But seriously, they would have made such a fucking incredible team. Between Ean's bravery and willingness to take risks combined with Shulgi's knowledge and ability to plan long-term, they pretty much would have covered each other's weaknesses.

You guys were ready to STAB someone on the off chance it might be Shulgi back then.

Esquilax

Arcane
Gay, B is obviously the right choice. The goal is probably not to assassinate the Emperor, there's a deeper purpose behind these actions and B will lead us to it.

Kipeci

Arcane
If this is the real Shulgi then his memory is going down the tubes, considering how he can't even keep the false back-story of his name consistent over the course of one conversation. I was going to rant about something from here, but I forgot what I was going to say.
something something, it's better to go with A and die as we almost certainly would to get a better look at the situation and then shamelessly abuse meta knowledge for either B or C, preferably C because we've tended to veer away from culty cults aside from minimal infiltrations or stamping them in the face. We deserve some tentacle orgies for once after all these dozens of pages of teases!

Esquilax

Arcane
You guys were ready to STAB someone on the off chance it might be Shulgi back then.

:lol:

Wasn't me, it was Lambchop.

Anyways, our attitude regarding Shulgi changed a lot around Chapter 5. We were still wary, but we were beginning to come around. By Chapter 6, once we figured that Shulgi was possibly aiding us from the shadows and managed to dominate his voices, most of the voting bloc came around. There was speculation that Skane was ruled by Shulgi pretty early on:

Edem also found that the chief adviser of King Egill, a man who is rumoured to be the real power behind the throne and a shaman that has served his clan for many generations, turned out to be just a normal human, albeit one that was intelligent and resourceful – it was his idea to send an emissary to the south, and he was knowledgeable enough about events that were happening in Greece and elsewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom