Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Tentatively BB BC is the only way to win - If he's not there and we take her, I have a feeling he could raise her body, long distance and capture us. treave, we saw his lab a while back and his data. Was there any indication he could raise a body from a distance like that?

edit: yup, he can.

Zwist

Learned
What if that is not her body, but one of Julius creations? The boy had time to finetune his abilities too. A dead simulacrum should be rather simple.

Hmm. That'd be pretty tough to get right. It's possible, but I somehow doubt his ability. Either way the only way to be sure is to meet him.

Also, theory time:
I think the Empress is trying to engineer her own messiah. After everything is finished with her body, she plans to have Julius raise her as a puppet. It's too odd that when the Emperor was on TV he was "gaunt and bloodless". He's dead. Julius is controlling his corpse. The only living member of the family is the Empress herself. We need to kill Julius to foil her plan.

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
I guess listening to you guys, BB.

Also, who is manipulating the Empress? Or impersonating her? Probably not Shulgi... Some other surviving immortal? The Dumanis clan don't seem the type, but it's plausible... Or maybe she is taking a page from Relius. Or there could be new immortals or surviving Gieloth, perhaps.

Or maybe the cult is somehow behind it? Who knows what Senya's original crazy plan was? Maybe as a backup it involved infiltrating cult members high into other governments, then when the main cult was attacked the cultists in power could become great demagogues or otherwise take advantage of the situation and seize power?

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, it may not even be the real Kyrie. In which case stealing her body is a lot of work for no gain at all... I agree with lambchop that the one thing guaranteed to mess her plans up is to kill Julius, or at least interrogate him.

Baltika9

Arcane
It very well could be, but I think this is the real Kyrie. Otherwise Gallardo wouldn't be here every night, but working on the real Kyrie. Her body is what's important here,if Gallardo dies, they can find another one.And I think we should kiss her first.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
BB

Stealing her body might not be enough. We have to get to bottom of this, find out what happened and if there is a way to reverse it. For that we need Julius.

Edit: E is right. We can't have both. Flopping to AB.

Esquilax

Arcane
I think that BB is a bad idea. Either we interrogate Julius to find some information about what's going on, or we deny them Kyrie's body - you can't have both, it'll just result in Senya getting captured that way. We won't escape in time while hauling away the body and it'll play into Gallardo and the Empress' hands, so don't fucking do it. So either take the body or try to bait Gallardo into revealing something incriminating.

Baltika9

Arcane
Lambchop19,how did you come to the conclusion that this isn't Kyrie's body?I'm pretty sure it is, otherwise why would Gallardo be here?Making him squeal sounds good(one look at our Eastwood/Mifune mug and he'll brown his shorts)but we won't do much else.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
BA

Let's fuck the Empress' and her schemes

Lambchop19,how did you come to the conclusion that this isn't Kyrie's body?I'm pretty sure it is, otherwise why would Gallardo be here?Making him squeal sounds good(one look at our Eastwood/Mifune mug and he'll brown his shorts)but we won't do much else.
Well, he would be here because he's maintaining a simulacrum of her. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with lambchop, but I think the point he raises is quite apropos, and given what we know of Julius and the Empress, the scheme isn't that far fetched at all. The main counterpoint I'd raise against this not being Kyrie is that Julius simply isn't good enough at fleshcrafting to make a real looking fake dead Kyrie.

Zwist

Learned
*Headdesk*
*Headdesk*
*Headdesk*
Codex is truly Codex I explain and rant yet you guys ingore it even when I am proven right

Calm yourself. It still just is a hypothesis you got. The most plausible aspect being the empress as our mama.
And Shulgi trying to stop her is far from certain. He might actually be aiding her at the moment.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm not saying LC's theory is impossible, far from it. It's just that I'm pretty sure this is our Kyrie and our best bet to screw with their plans is to deny them the body.
And if she's still alive(we haven't used Detect Life), AB is the best choice.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I suppose we could always confront Julius afterwards. Its not like we need to do so here and now if we make off with the body. I'd be willing to flop if our next move is to go after him.

Esquilax

Arcane
I suppose we could always confront Julius afterwards. Its not like we need to do so here and now if we make off with the body. I'd be willing to flop if our next move is to go after him.

Depends on what you consider is more important: baiting Gallardo into revealing something just as we did in Chapter 1, or denying them Kyrie's body for whatever nefarious schemes they have planned. Hard to say which is more valuable, but considering that we're sorely lacking in information after being put out of commission, I'm leaning towards having a chat with Julius. If we get rid of the body, then that might foil their plans, but we still won't know what those plans are in the first place, but on the other hand, knowing what Julius and the Empress have planned doesn't necessarily mean that we're in the position to stop it either.

However, one thing I am certain about is that we can only pick one of these options if we want to come out of this in one piece.

Baltika9

Arcane
Thing is, Gallardo will go hide out with the Empress after this, finding him will be hard.
However, Kyrie's body is more important than him, I'm prety sure he's expenda ble by now. And I think that he needs the real body to puppet, like the Emperor.

What? No, I'm saying it is her body and Jullius will use his necro shit to reanimate her corpse for the Empress. If he's grown enough he may even be able to make her talk.

Baltika9

Arcane
Esquilax, treave said not to worry too much about fulfilling the second choice, at the end of the update. Senya won't do it if the circumstances are unfavorable, it's more about motivations. I must insist., though, that we use Detect Life (/forlorn hope)

I think that BB is a bad idea. Either we interrogate Julius to find some information about what's going on, or we deny them Kyrie's body - you can't have both, it'll just result in Senya getting captured that way. We won't escape in time while hauling away the body and it'll play into Gallardo and the Empress' hands, so don't fucking do it. So either take the body or try to bait Gallardo into revealing something incriminating.
To my understanding, treave said that this is only a question of what Senya intended. We may have to change our plans depending on what we pick for 1.

2A is safest, but if Kyrie isn't really dead, or if she is and Gallardo lives to reanimate her corpse, we could have trouble later. Also, if Gallardo reanimates her while we have her body in AB, then we'll be in real trouble as her corpse could attack us while we carry her. Not %100 sure if he can do that though.

Baltika9

Arcane
:oops:
We shouldn't be afraid of that, I don't think he had enough time to engage in necrophiliamancy yet. And if he did,we can just subdue Kyrie with but a kiss(power of luv).Their plan depends on her body,so let' s troll them and earn good karma.

Esquilax

Arcane
To my understanding, treave said that this is only a question of what Senya intended. We may have to change our plans depending on what we pick for 1.

2A is safest, but if Kyrie isn't really dead, or if she is and Gallardo lives to reanimate her corpse, we could have trouble later. Also, if Gallardo reanimates her while we have her body in AB, then we'll be in real trouble as her corpse could attack us while we carry her. Not %100 sure if he can do that though.

Exactly, and if he intends to stroll out of here with Kyrie's body in tow, he won't be able to do that with Gallardo around - that will make things far more unpredictable and we won't be able to account for that. I assume that talking with him would result in possibly angering him and baiting him into revealing aspects of what his plans are (just like last time), but the problem here is that we're in the belly of the beast, so some surprises and possibly a nasty confrontation are in store for us if we fuck around. I am fine with talking to him to get a sense of his plans, but don't expect to have a conversation with him and haul her body out afterwards, it's not going to happen.

Baltika9

Arcane
Not to mention Gallardo can simply sound the alarm/scream for help if we go Dark Knight on him. Nabbing Kyrie right away will give us a headstart. Also, necromancy
There are already fifty of these creatures; it takes him nearly a week to make one.
It took him a week to make primitive golems. I think that bona-fide necromancy is a slight harder than that, and takes longer. From the moment of her death to now, I doubt he had time to do it.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I still doubt she is dead. Could be some sort of anesthetic he is giving her every night, among other things he is doing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom