Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Wait, I got! All she needs is a kiss.
    :troll:
    Well, what have we to lose? Might as well, for shits and grins.
    Edit: anyways, with Lambchop's flop to BB if BC isn't winning, BB is in the lead 5-4 against BA. Let's make it 6-4, what's the worst that could happen? /famouslastwords

^ Top  
  2. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    OK. I've been sufficiently convinced. We're going to use this. All sentiments aside, if she really is dead, they're not going to use her body for their own gains.

BC

^ Top  
  3. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    We came here for sentimental reasons, despite what Lambchop's rationalizations will tell you. I think that it's going to result in a flip-flop disaster down the road because we're meddling in shit that we know nothing about - our attempts to be "pragmatic" will probably end up causing more harm than coming in with pure motivations at this point.

I've flopped my original vote to BA in order to tie things up.

^ Top  
  4. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    No rush. I'll update Wednesday or Thursday, give you guys some time to consider the various scenarios that could possibly play out here and the premises they stem from. Need to flesh out that war timeline in the meantime.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Indeed, this is why we're here
    to soothe his doubts and, if his hopes are wrong, to see her off. And I'm betting that if Senya thougt she would be OK in his enhanced state, there is some foul play involved. Our boy is finding it hard to believe that Kyrie really is dead, hence the inspection. I'm afraid the only one who can say for sure is Julius, hence 1B.

As for the second part, I'm on the fence
    I'm thinking you're right with the whole "pure motivations" part and the reason I'm going with 2B is this: so far, Senya was getting in touch with his "selfless hero" and positive emotions by sacrificing himself so that others may live (see the Emperor and colony). My gamble here is that intense positive emotion (in this case love and a wish to protect which is stated in 2B specifically) may open up a power, just like intense fear unlocked our abilities in the first place. Something along the lines of: since we are able to suck the life energy and heat out of things, why not reverse the process? If Gallardo needs to get sacrificed for this, I'll consider it :incline:
    What do you think, bros?

treave, could you go back to putting the chapter titles into each new update? Makes remembering them easier and increases immershun.

^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    He might also want to make sure she's really dead before he abandons the idea of using her and moves on to an alternative step of his master plan. Given that the circumstances in which she was shot were suspicious, he's not about to abandon months of investment and work in getting closer to her, not when it was about to bear fruit (first kiss!). Whispering that was to convince her to let him go so that he could get away in time. Plus it helps her to hang on to the hope that he'll come back for her, thus resisting any possible brainwashing in his absence. Also, by stealing the body he could begin a campaign to discredit the movers and shakers of the Shinar Empire and begin a rebellion of his own in her name.

Depends on how you see things. The fact is that he is somewhat attached to her, but everything else is somewhat ambiguous, no?

Sure, I suppose.

^ Top  
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I'm just not seeing it, he's been far too on the good side and too much of a bro so far.
    In other words,

Edit: or it could simply be mhd power to the max.
    :mhd:
    "You cannot dieeeee, I loooove youuuuu! I shall devour your souuul and we will be together, foreverrrr!"
    Edit 2: wait a second, is our amnesia some clever ploy by Senya himself? IS SENYA IN FACT SHULGI!?

^ Top  
  8. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Yeah I'm not seeing it either. Senya just isn't Shulgi. He is more like Ean (sacrificing himself and fighting for good) or Naram (saying 'FUCK IT' and screwing his sheeps AI girlfriend in wilderness space while increasing his powers).

^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    "A smart strategist knows when to take the initiative, when to wait for the enemy's move, and when to place himself as a piece on the board. There are times where you surprise the enemy with bold moves, and yet there are also times where you pretend to play to their expectations to turn the tables on them. Knowing when to feign recklessness and when to hold back are vital to camouflaging your true intentions. Mastery of tactics is desirable on the field, but without combining it with a long term strategy, a grand plan will be doomed to failure. The paucity of information is no excuse for the lack of a plan - though a good plan cannot answer for all eventualities, it should be able to offer a solution for the most crucial ones; those that dictate whether you meet victory or defeat.

Legend has it that the god Bel-Marduk once asked the Sage of War three questions, which illuminate the nature of strategy and the art of war.

How can I be victorious?
    Know your enemy, and possess the will to act upon that knowledge.

How do I obtain knowledge of the enemy?
    If information is scarce, create the opportunity to obtain more, through baits, feints and all manners of tactics. At the same time, be aware of what you are teaching the enemy, for knowledge flows two ways.

What if I cannot know a single thing about the enemy?
    You cannot fight what you do not understand. Thus, do not engage."

~ Excerpt from the Military Precepts of Ean.

^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :lol: Funny how that is the exact opposite of what Ean did. And look at the legacy he left behind. Naw, if there's one way for Senya to go, it's his, just a little less :retarded: this time around (we seem to be doing a stellar job so far
    :troll:)
    Yua's dead, so I'm glad we dodged that bullet.

^ Top  
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You mean the legacy you guys just unwittingly (or perhaps on purpose, I can never truly tell) stamped all over by consistently 'doing what Ean would have done'?

:lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :lol:Yep, that one.
    However, while I can't speak for everyone, I personally chose what my votes of a deep sense of "Man, that's bullshit!" Killing the Emperor, dropping the colony, allowing the Kaguya-hime to sink just because we can't step up to the plate wasn't the type of shit I wanted happening. Well, that and I wanted some mega-glory to put us in a position to influence the world.

And, to be honest, if Ean walked the Earth right now, I think he'd tear the Empire down by himself. 'Sides, that's what being Ean is all about.
    Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd rather play a decent person with flaws, trying to do right by the world as much as he can because his moral compass works correctly, than a complete, raging dick, a-la Young Shulgi.

^ Top  
  13. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    BC

^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Updated the timeline. Might want to check it out and see what a month of being stuck in the boondocks has caused Senya to missed out on.

^ Top  
  15. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Shit's about to get real. The last thing we need right now is to cause a rebellion in the Empire, this war needs to be over quickly and if the Empire falls, the conflict will get protracted. That we cannot afford.

^ Top  
  16. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Something's up in the solar system. Communications that fail and ships that mysteriously disappear. Too bad we're not up there to investigate. :M

^ Top  
  17. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    The funny thing here is that way back during Ean's time in Egypt, even though he had that same moral compass, he was far more calculated in how he took risks than he was after. It was only after our last stand at Tjaru that we got it into our heads that doing insane things all the time without any regard for the circumstances or consequences was "what Ean would have done". I mean, look at what you said while we were in Sekhenun's Temple:

The irony is crushing.

In hindsight, my biggest regret in the Ean saga was not joining up with Nabu to fight Marduk.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    teehee
    Can you Hear them?
    Drums

^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    You and me both. Nevertheless, there's still the matter at hand. It seems we are at a point where we need to choose etween 2B(love/morality) and 2C(Dio). 2A seems the middleroad that leads nowhere (friendship/touch hand and go home). Charactr-altering.

^ Top  
  20. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I am unconvinced that 2C will really help at all. I realize that they're all personality choices so in that way they're mostly about Senya's mindset, but still, it just seems really idiotic to come all the way over here for entirely emotional reasons, only to turn on a dime and start trying to pull some sort of Machiavellian scheme out of our ass. It's dumb, if we wanted to scheme, we wouldn't be here in the first place.

^ Top  
  21. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    ^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, to be fair, it's by no means a terrible idea. Hell, it's doable, but I don't want to fuck up the Empire's chances in the war and I want Senya to become a decent human being. Ergo, 2B. Like I said, 2A is too neutral and seems a waste of this trip.

^ Top  
  23. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, treave did say it was mostly about reasons and motivations and that this isn't necessarily the plan we'll get to carry out, as something may (which mens it most likely will) pop up. Senya came here for sentimental reasons and I'm choosing 2B for maximum sentimentality.

Although I mostly agree with your assessment of the situation, no one had the time to do any funky shit with her, like turn her into an automaton, that's plain retarded. But if Gallardo is here, they're planning something for the future. It very well may be that she'll be the new Saviour, since the plan with Rei backfired on them.
    And it's also not implausible that the Cult has infiltrated the Empire and are leaving their Hiranyagharba schtick like rats a sinking ship.

By the way, BB is still leading 6-5 agains BA, Lambchop19 is supporting it in case his option is losing.

^ Top  
  24. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Uh, what? No, not by any means. This isn't about "If I can't have her, then nobody can!" (and if it is, then the wording doesn't suggest it); it's about protecting her and her memory from whatever the fuck is going on here. Gallardo is probably here for a reason, otherwise he would be working on another project. So yeah, foul play is involved, on way or another. I'd rather keep her sfe than be sorry later.
    Haha, yes it is.
    Oh God, what have I become?

^ Top  
  25. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    From Gallardo's paws, at the very least. And, no, our meeting doesn't guarantee his death, in fact it guarantees nothng except information. Chances are he's no texactly normal himself (that whole golem creation and control suggets otherwise) and he may not be walking around defenseless either.
    Dude, we're dealing with superhuman cults that drop asteroids on planets, I don't want her to be in comfortable access for whatever reason.

Even in the unlikely event they'll want to pull av Savior with her, they already prepped her a p. Big personality cult.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.