Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
    AB

^ Top  
  2. A week. 7 days vs 6. And that's ages ago. We've improved and so has he. Again, he's good enough to puppet the corpse of the Shinari Emperor on live TV. Also, again, he doesn't need to have finished his work. Only to have enough done she can either hold us down or so that he know's where she is when we take her.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    It took him all these monts to rig up Sargone's body. FFS, I don't see how this could gave taken him less than a week.

Let me put it this way:TRUE LOVE will conquer this obstacle.Do not turn from the light,brother!We are the MHD,she is a Lich Princess.

^ Top  
  4. Well, given treave's cautioning and how the voting is going, I can't say that I'm going to enjoy the scene where Gallardo is having sex with Kyrie's corpse in front of our once again gimped body, but you guys are earning it...

edit: Baltika, how long does it take you to make a corpse puppet? You don't know. You can't. It's fantasy. The rules are what treave makes them. Why wouldn't he be able to now? Why wouldn't his skills have improved? Answer me that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Oh, good question. That reminds me: how much reserves do we have now?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It just happens, doesn't drain it, though you can't control when or where. You have thirty minutes of reserves.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I suppose Senya isn't that sentimental that he would abandon self preservation instincts. :lol:

If you activate the lines manually you still burn through your power fast and drain it though. Not if they just appear randomly.

^ Top  
  8. CaptainAwesome Arcane

CaptainAwesome
    Fleshcrafting is interesting in that may allow us to make minions which, if we can become proficient enough at it, will allow us to increase our disposable manpower reserves handily.

^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    The flesh is weak, bro.
    Lambchop, riddle me this: where do you get the idea that he can control any part of her body or know when anyone interacts with her? Because, insofar, it seems to me you are just assuming, there was no precedent for this. Unlikely

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Ok, guys. Stick with 2B. Hopefully it won't get us killed, but whatever. edit: in fact, if BC doesn't have the votes, consider me flopping to BB.

1A/2B or C is more suicidal than a japanese lemming.
    What do you think he's been doing in there, huh? Just looking at her? If all he's doing is playing with her corpse, why did the Empress let him go in there at all? Whyeeeeee?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Baltika9:

Because he could control his creations from the other side of town & because he knew who we were and where we lived at the start just from his creatures seeing us and not him. That means he can see through their eye's and hear through their ears.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Or perhaps they sniffed us out by memory. Your argument is baseless. If he spends one bour a night fingering himself while looking at Kyrie, alright.There is no way he could have done anything in this commotion.We're not expected here.I suggest we use it.

^ Top  
  13. Let me get this straight...

You think the the Empress of the Shinari Empire, would risk her reputation and the goodwill of the people, and shut down a public hall, to let one pervert - who is also a known criminal - finger himself over her daughter's body for one hour every night? Really? Why would she do that?

Again, the hall is shut down. No commotion. He could be doing anything. And the only reason she'd let this freak have anything to do with her is because of his skill with corpse reanimation.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Dude, one hour a night, no bloodstains, no nuthin'. Probably preparing his prrreciousss for the operation and/or administering sedatives(hopdfully). Seriously, it's not a lab, you're overreacting.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    If he did reanimate the corpse why not just take the head and stick it in a jar? Think of it as an opportunity. :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. :lol:, Well, Senya did have a weak build and he's japanese higashi, so he's hairless... He must have looked kinda like a girl... :smug:

Ok. I give up. You aren't given me reasons. You just keep repeating that you don't think he could have done anything in 6 days. Why? How do you know he hasn't improved his skill? Why would the Empress let him near Kyrie at all?. Based on what? That months ago it used to take him 7 days to make a whole bunch of golems? This is one body. And it's already assembled. And he's had 6 days.
    :x

^Yay! Finally got to use that emote!

edit: treave...you are a freak'n genius! Why didn't I think of that?! Hell yeah! Cult of the Golden Jar, baby!!
    edit: but then wouldn't it be under his control? I kind of doubt he'd want to share...
    Seriously, make that an option for 2.:lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    And Sargone took him a couple of months, not six fucking hours.
    Although I'm tempted to go BA just to punch the fucker in the face for what he did to us unconcious. It's not hard to figure out. Filthy degenerate.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Ouch. Heck of a way for Senya to lose his vir-Ean-inity.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Zwist Learned

Zwist
    Lambchop makes some sense here. Although this is only one possibility.
    I mean Galladro was rather fond of Kyrie, so I don't think he is to happy right now. He might of course be content with playing with her corpse.
    Whatever he does he does it with the blessing of the Empress.
    Is there a possibility that that women actually loves her daughter and would be desperate enough to condone Galladro trying to resurrect her?

What speaks against the puppet thesis is that word on the street is that she is dead. A resurrection would politically speaking be a mess. And not in the Messiah sense.
    If she wanted a puppet it would have been better to pretend that she is hospitalised. So I don't buy it. The empress does not expect Kyrie to return to the public.

What I like about B is that it focuses on finding out who is trying to play us. Why rage against the empress? We still know shit.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    To be honest, I'm conflicted on the first choice.
    On the one hand, it can turn into a disaster if he triggers the alarm. On the other, he may be the only one here who knows for sure if she's alive or permadead.
    That, and he's the Joker to our Batman.

^ Top  
  21. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    treave had mentioned before that there's something from Chapter 1 that we had yet to unravel. I believe that what we're missing is Julius (and possibly Relius) and their connections to the Empress. The Empress pretty much hated us from the get-go, and I believe it's because we were inadvertently meddling in her plans before she even came into the picture. Now it seems that things are clearer.

I do think there's something to Lambchop@19 's theory regarding Kyrie, and I doubt that Julius would be spending so much time around the body if there wasn't a real reason to do so. Based on Gallardo's behaviour so far, he probably does have something planned for the body, which is why he's been examining it consistently over the past week.

That being said, I hated the idea of this excursion from the very beginning and I never wanted to come here in the first place. I'm not sure what we could reasonably expect to do here that would provide us with success, but perhaps examining Kyrie's body with 2A might give us some clues.

I tallied up the votes, and BB is winning by a fairly significant margin. Nevertheless, I'm going with AA for now.

BA

^ Top  
  22. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    First you have to define what you'd consider a success, I suppose. That ties back into the second choice; why were we here? What do we hope to accomplish?

I will probably count this particular vote in block.

^ Top  
  23. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Why, to honor our friend/one true love or whatever she is to him (No, really, what is Kyrie to him?) and keep her safe from harm. And especially out of Gallardo's hands. If he's involved, that's bad news.

Thing is, he may know what's going on with her (hope against hope, hard to believe I wanted to DtB a few updates ago; guess I'm more animu than I thought) and what exactly the plans regarding her are. Say, treave, will we use Detect Life on her in 2A or 2B?

^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yes, there'll be a thorough scan using the ability. What is she to him? Hm. A friend, at least. Perhaps more. He's not sure himself, but he did feel attracted. What happens next depends on the choices made.

^ Top  
  25. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Damn, I wish I knew which path is the one to bring her back. Well, the only one here that definitely knows what's what is Gallardo, so I suppose a chat with him is in order after we examine the body. However, leaving her here sounds like a bad idea. I wonder which is the way to Lich Princess Kyrie.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.