Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, I'm not holding my breath (actually, yes I am), but that is why I'm insisting on checking her with our power. Also, I think the reason the Emperor was in seclusion all these months was for Gallardo to work his scientomajig on him. I sincerely doubt he did that to Kyrie yet.

Also, is this Gallardo?
DMC4AgnusHuman.png

Bloodshifter

Educated
Calm yourself. It still just is a hypothesis you got. The most plausible aspect being the empress as our mama.
And Shulgi trying to stop her is far from certain. He might actually be aiding her at the moment.
well if its true that the Empress is an Agent of the Masters he might anything barring that shouldn't have moved his lumpy ass. We should have listened to Erika... he had a Plan and we wrecked (Ean Flashback Montage!). Truly being Shulgi is Suffering!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He could manipulate his familiars from halfway across town back in Olympia. And regarding motivations I must warn that denying them the body for their plans is a pragmatic choice. It falls more into the C mindset. The B reason for taking the body is different, more sentimental. I'm going according to votes, as usual, not what intentions you ascribe to your voting.

And yes, there is a different consequence because of that.

Baltika9

Arcane
Sorry for the small spamposts, I'm on a mobile.
I'm confident AB is the way to go:we deny them the body and the plan falls,and like E said,we might not be able to stop it even if we know it.Gallardo is a tool and unlikely to know things outside his field

ScubaV

Prophet
Second choice has to be B for me. We came here for sentimental reasons, time to follow through. As for the first choice, I'm not sure. Esquilax makes a good point, but sometimes we are able to have our cake and eat it too, it's just that we can never tell beforehand. It's a gamble. I think I'm going to vote B as well. As soon as we abandoned the plane our enemies knew we were in Ankida. It's not exactly a logical leap to figure out why. So I don't see confronting Julius as really giving anything away, just some of the time advantage we have (unless we kill him).

Voting BB, but I'm still open to flopping.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Esquilax & Baltika9:
Alright, bros, disregard my previous luziness for a moment and check out what I'm about to throw down:
BC - Why 1B? Because, as treave said, Gallardo can manipulate his creations half way across town. <--- That's VERY important. Understand that in order to do that, he has to be aware of what is going on with his creations without actually being there. Meaning that if we take Kyrie and he's still alive, he'll know where we are and what we're doing the whole time. Delaying him is useless as he'd already be with us through her anyway. Also, he'll be able to use her corpse to attack or restrain us until someone can pick us up.

edit: Additionally, even if we just go in there and hold her hand, there's a good chance he'll know we were there and might even have her attack us on the spot or try to restrain us.

2C: Now I know we didn't come here for the most pragmatic of reasons according to our reasoning, but if we don't pick 2C then Senya might make an emotional decision up ahead that will get him captured. She's dead. Dead as fuck, otherwise Gallardo wouldn't be necessary. He only deals with corpses. No altering that, so quit your wishful thinking.

It'd be great if she were alive and if she were, I'd be all for fulfilling our promise and getting her out of there, but given the evidence our promise to come back for her has to be secondary to our own aims of screwing with the Empress' plans.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm sticking to my guns with 2B,I already stated why I am sure he didn't necro her yet (it took him a while to do it to Sargone); and no, Senya came here for sentimental reasons.I see none for us to alter that and cancel out all the humanity he accrued.

Tigranes

Arcane
What about BB? I know Esquilax reasoned against it, but shouldn't it be a trivial matter for us to kill or disable Gallardo with our newly augmented powers, especially when he expects nothing amiss? Wait for him, ask the questions, kill him if need be, exit stage left with Kyrie's body.

I flipped from BB to BC, Tigranes. See below for why.
I'm sticking to my guns with 2B,I already stated why I am sure he didn't necro her yet (it took him a while to do it to Sargone);
And it's taking him a while to do it to her as well, but he may have enough of it done to where he can at least have some control over her. Remember, time has passed. As our skill has increased, so has his. He's controlling the Emperor and no one is the wiser.

edit: Also, why include him in the update if not to use his ability?
and no, Senya came here for sentimental reasons.I see none for us to alter that and cancel out all the humanity he accrued.
This isn't VTM, Baltika. He started out a pragmatist and has stayed pretty true to it, at least according to his own motives. (Eg, treave saying that it was the princess that helped drive him to all those risks. "adrenaline junkies" and all...) Don't forget that it's ultimately treave's interpretation of our character's decisions that decides how things will turn out.

No, pragmatism is the only way out here. Especially with a nutter like Julius. Maybe a part of Senya came back for sentimental reasons - otherwise, why mention the promise he made in this update? But we need him to tell himself it's pragmatic. We need him to be in that mode. It's where he's strongest. Remember, last time we had at least somewhat of an edge on Gallardo because we kept our cool. This guy is a total pervert. No telling what he did with her body. All he needs to do is mention a few things and get Senya to lose control for a moment and then we're toast.

Baltika9

Arcane
By humanity I meant how he became a better human being and I'm not keen on sending him back to full bastard mode. Semantics. You are basing your decision on a farfetched basis:it is unlikely he did anything but feel her up by now and rub one off.(cont)

Uh, he's had several days alone with her body.:roll: He did way worse to Keiko over the course of a weekend.
edit: add to that the fact that he's had a massive hard-on for her since forever.

edit2: Plus he doen't even have to have done anything. He could just SAY he has. With his current rep, and an emotional attitude from Senya, it might just be enough to set Senya off. Then maybe he could get the drop on Senya or perhaps Senya would simply miss out on a cricial bit of info he could have otherwise had.

And again: Picking C doesn't necessarily mean "FULL BASTARD MODE". Senya came back for her. Part of him is sentimental or he wouldn't have even remembered the promise - but we need that part to take a back seat for the moment.

Baltika9

Arcane
Which is why 1B is a bad idea:we shouldn't talk to him at all,know why?We're surrounded by the NSI security detail,all he needs is scream.Even if he did rig her body, which I'm sure he didn't(and Keiko just got beaten) he woulsn't reveal it here, to them.

Which is why 1B is a bad idea:we shouldn't talk to him at all,know why?We're surrounded by the NSI security detail,all he needs is scream.Even if he did rig her body, which I'm sure he didn't(and Keiko just got beaten) he woulsn't reveal it here, to them.
Lol. Yeah, and I'm sure he took off her clothes to make beating her easier. (Though he did do the same to us.) Still he wasn't hopelessly in love with her like Kyrie.

I don't seem to be getting through to you this way, so let me try this last thing and then I'll shut up.

Here's how I see it playing out:

AA - We go in, hold her hand and leave. Gallardo is crazy jealous - we know that from the first time. I'm not sure if we will be able to leave or if he'll try and use her corpse to tail us or what. Seems the most likely choice to let us escape regardless of what he does - though with nothing gained.

AB - We're fucked. We leave with her body and just as we think we've gotten away, she pins us down. She's probably a lot stronger than his old creations and so we're trapped. Or, we leave and think we've gotten away. We dig a hole in the ground. Just then a chopper (or this world's equivalent) hovers over us demanding our surrender.

AC - Similar to AB.

BA - We go in, and hold her hand...only she doesn't let us go. Her grip is like iron and she tries to hold us. Gallardo comes up at us from behind. Bad end.

BB - Gallardo rattles us. Maybe we kill him to quick and miss some important info. Maybe he pulls a surprise and catches us off guard. Treave DID say there would be different consequences based on motives and I think this how this one would play. Bad end.

BC - Gallardo tries to rattle us, but Senya is cool and sees through it. We're able to rattle him instead and extract some useful intel. We kill him and fuck up the Empress' shit.

edit: Just ask yourself, Baltika9: How sure are you he didn't rig her corpse in all this time? Why are you so sure? And is Senya's story of true love(TM) humanity points really worth Senya's capture having Gallardo walk all over us again?

Baltika9

Arcane
And here I thought I was the optimist.:lol:
The thing is not that you aren't getting through, it's just that I don't think he made her an automaton yet. That's all .
treave: how much time has passed from her being shot to now?

:lol: Poor Kyrie. :(

edit: Also consider from a more meta-gaming perspective: Why did treave have us leave the room? It's because Gallardo would have been aware of our conversation with the NSI had we not. (my theory)

Baltika9

Arcane
Lambchop19, on the previous page I quoted that it took Gallardo a week to make his golems. Kyrie was "dead" for six. With all the funeral prep and procession, I doubt he had more than two to do anything. Most likely he's been told to wait until now.

Lambchop19, on the previous page I quoted that it took Gallardo a week to make his golems. Kyrie was "dead" for six. With all the funeral prep and procession, I doubt he had more than two to do anything. Most likely he's been told to wait until now.
A week. 7 days vs 6. And that's ages ago. We've improved and so has he. Again, he's good enough to puppet the corpse of the Shinari Emperor on live TV. Also, again, he doesn't need to have finished his work. Only to have enough done she can either hold us down or so that he know's where she is when we take her.

Baltika9

Arcane
It took him all these monts to rig up Sargone's body. FFS, I don't see how this could gave taken him less than a week.

Let me put it this way:TRUE LOVE will conquer this obstacle.Do not turn from the light,brother!We are the MHD,she is a Lich Princess.

Well, given treave's cautioning and how the voting is going, I can't say that I'm going to enjoy the scene where Gallardo is having sex with Kyrie's corpse in front of our once again gimped body, but you guys are earning it...

edit: Baltika, how long does it take you to make a corpse puppet? You don't know. You can't. It's fantasy. The rules are what treave makes them. Why wouldn't he be able to now? Why wouldn't his skills have improved? Answer me that.

Oh, good question. That reminds me: how much reserves do we have now?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It just happens, doesn't drain it, though you can't control when or where. You have thirty minutes of reserves.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I suppose Senya isn't that sentimental that he would abandon self preservation instincts. :lol:

If you activate the lines manually you still burn through your power fast and drain it though. Not if they just appear randomly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom