Official Codex Discord Server

  1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

  1. m4davis Scholar

    m4davis
    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2012
    Messages:
    557
    B
     
    ^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

    Baltika9
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    9,516
    I
    I'll take that.
     
    ^ Top  
  3. XenomorphII Prophet

    XenomorphII
    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1,138
  4. Azira Arcane Patron

    Azira
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2004
    Messages:
    8,204
    Location:
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Codex 2012
    A
     
    ^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

    treave
    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2008
    Messages:
    11,296
    Codex 2012
    A - 3
    B - 7
    C - 6

    Chapter 3.7: Smothered Flames

    You know, maybe we should talk to her.
    Oh I can't believe this, we have a tentacle-lover in our midst! Traitor!
    Well, those black wriggly things do kinda look hot...

    You are surprised. A small part of the voices are in favour of trying to resolve this by talking to the Gieloth. The voices begin to get bogged down in debate. If you could add your will to the minority of the voices now, you might be able to use their split to do something that you have never done before...

    You decide not to. The voices complete their consensus, and you act.

    Light 'em up, sonny!

    You toss the orb of fire at Sekhenun. She does not seem surprised, and makes no effort to move. Instead, she puts one hand on the wall and gives you a winning smile. It seems that the Egyptians practice good oral hygiene. A curtain of black slime drops down from the ceiling. The fire splashes against it, burning the slime. There's no time to waste - you conjure gouts of flames from your hands, trying to light up the entire room. The slime roils as the fire scorches it. Where your fire lands, it continues to burn. You run at Mutyre and Akil, throwing some fire at the slime around them. The tendrils' grip on their bodies noticeably loosen, and you rip them off the wall. Their bodies flop lifelessly to the ground. Silently, quickly, you check their breathing. They're still alive, but don't appear to be regaining consciousness anytime soon.

    Unfortunately, your fight is not yet over. You realize the light is going out. Looking around, you see the slime rolling over the fire like a wave, extinguishing the flames as easily as you had made them.

    "That was very noble of you, saving your companions and taking your eyes off me." You hold your hand out again and create another orb of fire. In your other hand you draw your sword. Sekhenun is still standing where she was, hand on the wall, smiling. In the next instant, the slime begins to rise up, wrapping around your legs. The pressure is stronger than before, and you feel the bones in your feet begin to creak. You try to break free, but the hold is strong and you are unable to do so immediately. "You know, I rather fancy a good, long chat with you. You are exhibiting some very interesting behaviour for a dog. They tend not to act as you do after so many years..." As the slime reaches your waist, you hear a loud gasp from Sekhenun.

    She looks behind her. You notice a small stone stairway leading upwards. In the next instant, the pressure around you loosens, as the slime settles down. Sekhenun snaps her head back and glares at you, her smile gone from her face.

    "Leave my temple now, immortal. Your murder of my sisters was unfortunate, but understandable, and I won't seek vengeance for it. You may come after me again if you wish, but I must ask you to leave now."

    That last word resonated in your mind as well as your ears. You sense a tremendous pressure radiating from Sekhenun - it is so strong that you can feel it even with your telepathy disabled. She appears to be extremely agitated and distracted by something that has just happened.

    ***

    A. You beat a calculated retreat, dragging Mutyre and Akil's unconscious bodies with you. Once you regroup with Samun and Kamun, you can decide what to do next. Pressing your luck here would be unwise.

    B. Sekhenun seems distracted. If you move fast enough, you might be able to reach her. You came here to kill her, and if you let her out of your sight now, who knows if you'll get a second chance. You might get crushed, but what the hell - do you feel lucky?
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

    Smashing Axe
    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2011
    Messages:
    2,701
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Tempted towards A at the moment, if we die now, we take Samun and Kamun with us.
     
    ^ Top  
  7. ScubaV Prophet

    ScubaV
    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1,022
    I'm thinking A. As long as Sekhenun is in this womb-room she seems to have the upper hand by controlling her sister's body. Our best bet was a surprise move which we opted against. Fortunately, whatever has her so agitated will probably also force her out of the room to deal with it, evening the odds. Plus, this way we'll be guaranteed to save our bros. Ean definitely takes care of his followers.
     
    ^ Top  
  8. Bloodshifter Educated

    Bloodshifter
    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2012
    Messages:
    542
    Location:
    Somewhere with dead bears
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

    Baltika9
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    9,516
    Yeah, I feel lucky. B.

    On a side note, somebody got distracted by the LD. And I guess Ra woke up too.
     
    ^ Top  
  10. m4davis Scholar

    m4davis
    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2012
    Messages:
    557
  11. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

    oscar
    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2008
    Messages:
    7,652
    Location:
    NZ
    Hmm, I don't know if we can stand to lose another five hundred years or we might end up underdeveloped. I was for the surprise attack, but now I doubt if we can win. I guess on the bright side saving Akil and Mutyre was good for our humanity and keeps us on the BRO side (what she seemed to have noticed).

    If we leave, she will likely become more powerful. But so will we. A.

    Perhaps we can regroup and try use the Sceptre of Ra.
     
    ^ Top  
  12. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

    Tigranes
    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    Messages:
    9,469
  13. XenomorphII Prophet

    XenomorphII
    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1,138
  14. Zero Credibility Arcane

    Zero Credibility
    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2007
    Messages:
    2,889
    A.

    Even if we are forced to abandon the entire operation, so what? This whole thing was too risky to start with. We should be playing to our strengths, and Ean is first and foremost a general and leader of men. We should have came to the temple with an army, not skulking in the night. Besides, that might get crushed sounds like a pretty clear warning to me.
     
    ^ Top  
  15. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

    Smashing Axe
    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2011
    Messages:
    2,701
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Going to vote A, as much as B would be fun to do.
     
    ^ Top  
  16. newcomer Learned

    newcomer
    Joined:
    May 23, 2012
    Messages:
    919
    While I'm into slaying tentacles, I'm not interested in becoming a faeces coming out from these tentacles

    A for now. We're too weak to face her...
     
    ^ Top  
  17. Collage Educated

    Collage
    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2012
    Messages:
    59
    A. Tactical retreat is most prudent here.
     
    ^ Top  
  18. Stygian Lurker Scholar

    Stygian Lurker
    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    Messages:
    577
  19. TOME Cuckmaster General

    TOME
    Joined:
    May 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1,820
    A
     
    ^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

    treave
    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2008
    Messages:
    11,296
    Codex 2012
    Chapter 3.8: Deadly Herbivores

    You cannot believe your eyes.

    You had escaped Sekhenun - the last sight you had of her was her shapely posterior ascending the staircase. Akil and Mutyre had awoken on the way back, surprised to find themselves clamped under your arms. You find Samun and Kamun at the tunnel crossroads fighting off some unnaturally tenacious sheep.

    "What's going on?"

    The sheep baa'ed and snapped at the two brothers, as they tried to push the animals away with their shields. You can feel a murderous, mindless frenzy from the sheep. You're not sure if sheep acted this way. "We don't know! There was screaming from upstairs and these sheep just came trotting down and began biting us!" You sigh. "Stop playing around with them." Drawing your sword, you cut down one, and call for the brothers to finish the sheep off. They do so, quickly. "So, boss, what did you find down there?" asked Kamun. "Nothing good," you reply. "We found Sekhenun, but she escaped. What's going on in the temple?"

    Samun shakes his head. "We don't really know. We went and checked out the other path, the one not leading upwards? It was a prison, but no one was there when we came. Lots of bones, though. Didn't find anything interesting there."

    You think about what to do next. Retreating and waiting it out might be the best option, especially given the arrival of these weird sheep. "Maybe we should go back out into the city. We can keep a safe distance away from the temple and find out what is going on from the streets. This place is too dangerous." suggests Mutyre. Kamun speaks up, cleaning his sword of sheep's blood. "We're probably discovered anyway, why don't we just fight through the temple and take Sekhenun's head? The cultists are probably in disarray right now." His brother agreed with him heartily.

    "I really think we should obtain the Sceptre of Ra, Master Runi. You know how powerful Sekhenun is now. Why not have Ra himself aid us in scourging his temple?" Akil had returned to being focused on the Sceptre as your only chance of victory.

    ***

    A. You take Mutyre's advice and retreat into the city. From there you can find out what has happened, and perhaps undertake a second plan of attack into the temple.

    B. You take Kamun's advice and charge up into the temple from underground, searching for Sekhenun. She is no longer inside that room, and in an open field you feel confident of beating her.

    C. You take Akil's advice and head for the Sceptre's place of keeping. Having a god backing you up really can't hurt, and in the commotion you may have a chance of carrying out the ritual.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  21. m4davis Scholar

    m4davis
    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2012
    Messages:
    557
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

    Baltika9
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    9,516
  23. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

    oscar
    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2008
    Messages:
    7,652
    Location:
    NZ
    C

    I wonder if we'll be unleashing a third faction in this struggle.
     
    ^ Top  
  24. Bloodshifter Educated

    Bloodshifter
    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2012
    Messages:
    542
    Location:
    Somewhere with dead bears
    A KILLER SHEEP that can't be a good sign and for whatever reason do we want a GOD (more likely then not it might be some one like us) and I must admit at our current power we would get our ass kicked by Sekhenun
     
    ^ Top  
  25. XenomorphII Prophet

    XenomorphII
    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1,138

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.