Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Baltika9

Arcane
Going back to C. Bro's, ww need to try and seduce the tentacle-possessed priestess. once we do, and she bends over, her back will be exposed.

I'z gotz me a kunnin' plan.

Esquilax

Arcane
Going back to C. Bro's, ww need to try and seduce the tentacle-possessed priestess. once we do, and she bends over, her back will be exposed.

I'z gotz me a kunnin' plan.

You know, you do have a point here. When we went up against Shulgi, his underestimation of Ean as just a dumb brute was the key to pushing him out of Akkad. I'm pretty sure Sukhenun plans to deceive us somehow, so if we just play the dumb warrior again it might be enough to get her to put her guard down. At the very least, unlike A and B, we've developed our psionic abilities and have some mental shielding in case she tries some mind control on us.

Well... that is unless her mind control abilities are so powerful that she manages to use them against us successfully, that is. Then we're pretty fucked.

Flopped the original post to C

newcomer

Learned
Maybe if we fail, we'll turn into one of these :mhd:

That kind of feeling fills me with :desu:

But still, I don't like the situation we're in; this tentacle can easily reads our mind & fuck us for good...

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
B is the most classical action hero response in my opinion, burn those suckers, then beat a hasty retreat with your bros in tow while the monsters swarm around you. A can work if you catch the bitch off-guard, otherwise it could go very badly. C is too risky for my tastes and not Ean's strong suit, he could potentially work it though, I will concede. D is despicable for an immortal.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Oh, and A may give us enhanced sensing powers considering we are psychically blocked as well as facing a tentacle monster (Remember treave's post a few pages back). Could be cool if it works out.

Esquilax

Arcane
Oh, and A may give us enhanced sensing powers considering we are psychically blocked as well as facing a tentacle monster (Remember treave's post a few pages back). Could be cool if it works out.

Well, we do know that we gain more power through fighting these things and through dangerous situations. I'd say that enhances senses are significantly more appropriate given our character. Then again, going with A could mean we just get our asses kicked instead of a glorious victory:

ScubaV

Prophet
I'm going with C on this one. We'll pounce on her when she's close and her guard is down.

I don't like our chances with A. We'll be fighting blind and unable to sense her mind. Once she takes her tentacle form we also won't be able to easily orient ourselves to her weak spot just by touch.

With B I think we'll turn the currently non-hostile womb against us. Sure we'd gain Mutyre and Akil, but they're not fighters anyway. So then we'd have to fight the womb AND Sekhunen at the same time (because we wouldn't run away like pussies right?).

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
1. Use shapeshifting to look like an old Japanese man.
2. Close eyes.
3. Cheat with telepathy.
4. ???
5. ZATOICHI!

Yeah, I should put Ean on a boat to Japan.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A - 3
B - 7
C - 6

Chapter 3.7: Smothered Flames

You know, maybe we should talk to her.
Oh I can't believe this, we have a tentacle-lover in our midst! Traitor!
Well, those black wriggly things do kinda look hot...

You are surprised. A small part of the voices are in favour of trying to resolve this by talking to the Gieloth. The voices begin to get bogged down in debate. If you could add your will to the minority of the voices now, you might be able to use their split to do something that you have never done before...

You decide not to. The voices complete their consensus, and you act.

Light 'em up, sonny!

You toss the orb of fire at Sekhenun. She does not seem surprised, and makes no effort to move. Instead, she puts one hand on the wall and gives you a winning smile. It seems that the Egyptians practice good oral hygiene. A curtain of black slime drops down from the ceiling. The fire splashes against it, burning the slime. There's no time to waste - you conjure gouts of flames from your hands, trying to light up the entire room. The slime roils as the fire scorches it. Where your fire lands, it continues to burn. You run at Mutyre and Akil, throwing some fire at the slime around them. The tendrils' grip on their bodies noticeably loosen, and you rip them off the wall. Their bodies flop lifelessly to the ground. Silently, quickly, you check their breathing. They're still alive, but don't appear to be regaining consciousness anytime soon.

Unfortunately, your fight is not yet over. You realize the light is going out. Looking around, you see the slime rolling over the fire like a wave, extinguishing the flames as easily as you had made them.

"That was very noble of you, saving your companions and taking your eyes off me." You hold your hand out again and create another orb of fire. In your other hand you draw your sword. Sekhenun is still standing where she was, hand on the wall, smiling. In the next instant, the slime begins to rise up, wrapping around your legs. The pressure is stronger than before, and you feel the bones in your feet begin to creak. You try to break free, but the hold is strong and you are unable to do so immediately. "You know, I rather fancy a good, long chat with you. You are exhibiting some very interesting behaviour for a dog. They tend not to act as you do after so many years..." As the slime reaches your waist, you hear a loud gasp from Sekhenun.

She looks behind her. You notice a small stone stairway leading upwards. In the next instant, the pressure around you loosens, as the slime settles down. Sekhenun snaps her head back and glares at you, her smile gone from her face.

"Leave my temple now, immortal. Your murder of my sisters was unfortunate, but understandable, and I won't seek vengeance for it. You may come after me again if you wish, but I must ask you to leave now."

That last word resonated in your mind as well as your ears. You sense a tremendous pressure radiating from Sekhenun - it is so strong that you can feel it even with your telepathy disabled. She appears to be extremely agitated and distracted by something that has just happened.

A. You beat a calculated retreat, dragging Mutyre and Akil's unconscious bodies with you. Once you regroup with Samun and Kamun, you can decide what to do next. Pressing your luck here would be unwise.

B. Sekhenun seems distracted. If you move fast enough, you might be able to reach her. You came here to kill her, and if you let her out of your sight now, who knows if you'll get a second chance. You might get crushed, but what the hell - do you feel lucky?

ScubaV

Prophet
I'm thinking A. As long as Sekhenun is in this womb-room she seems to have the upper hand by controlling her sister's body. Our best bet was a surprise move which we opted against. Fortunately, whatever has her so agitated will probably also force her out of the room to deal with it, evening the odds. Plus, this way we'll be guaranteed to save our bros. Ean definitely takes care of his followers.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, I feel lucky. B.

On a side note, somebody got distracted by the LD. And I guess Ra woke up too.

oscar

Arcane
Hmm, I don't know if we can stand to lose another five hundred years or we might end up underdeveloped. I was for the surprise attack, but now I doubt if we can win. I guess on the bright side saving Akil and Mutyre was good for our humanity and keeps us on the BRO side (what she seemed to have noticed).

If we leave, she will likely become more powerful. But so will we. A.

Perhaps we can regroup and try use the Sceptre of Ra.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom